It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can this be percieved as proof of Atlantis and where it is.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
i was looking around on the net earlier on and i was thinking about Atlantis and all that and i came across this after an hour or two of searching its like everything you need to know about Atlantis and i as reading it and i was thinking maybe the entire world or most of it is anyway so heres some info about Atlantis that struck me and made me think:

Additional Physical Evidence
City on the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean off Spain, found by Dr. Maxine Asher's expedition in 1973 and reported by UPI. Pyramid explored by Dr. Ray Brown on the sea floor off the Bahamas in 1970. Brown was accompanied by 4 divers who also found roads, domes, rectangular buildings, unidentified metallic instruments, and a statue holding a "mysterious" crystal containing miniature pyramids.

The metal devices and crystals were taken to Florida for analysis at a university there. What was discovered was that the crystal amplified energy that passed through it. It is made in a method unknown to the scientists who analyzed it. It was found in a mysteriously lit up chamber inside the underwater pyramid with some kind of ray gun like instrument pointed at it.

Kirlian photographs, which record impressions beyond our limited range of vision, showed an eye inside the crystal not visible to the naked eye. What technology could build a long blacktop paved road for hundreds of miles that was still in good condition over 10,000 years later! This road was found underwater off the East Coast by the deep diving submarine Aluminaut and contained magnesium oxide. In 1977, a mysterious discovery was made on the floor of the Atlantic concerning an unknown technology.

A 650-foot pyramid was mysteriously lit up, with sparkling white water surrounding it that turned deep green, a shocking contrast to the dark black waters at that depth. The discovery was photographed by Arl Marahall's expedition off Cay Sal. Dr. William Bell's 1958 photos taken on the bottom of the Atlantic showed a six-foot spire protruding from a couple of circular gear-like bases with peculiar light emanations from the bottom of the shaft.

Were these the remnants of the Eternal Flame spoken of by the ancients, powered by an inter-dimensional cosmic energy taken out of the atmosphere by a form of crystal conductor at the apex of pyramids or towers? Pyramids larger than any building in the world made in our modern times have been found on the bottom the Atlantic Ocean and in China, and one in Egypt that our own technology has failed to match.

These Pyramids have cement that our scientists admit is superior to what we use today. The writings of the ancients describe pyramids as Time Capsules containing the history and technology of the Empire of the Sun and latter day Atlantis. A huge pyramid, in 10,000 feet of Atlantic water, was reported to have been found with a pulsating crystal on top of it, by Tony Benik's expedition.

this is quite intersting aswell so Atlantis could be in the atlantic ocean and it possibly covered the entire ocean before it fell in.

heres some ancient writing abou Atlantis:

ANCIENT WRITINGS ABOUT ATLANTIS
Plato and others wrote that Atlantis was a huge continent like Africa, stretching across the Atlantic. The Aztecs, Mayans and Incas and other Indian tribes told explorers of the sunken ATLAN in the Atlantic and the sunken MU (Lemuria) in the Pacific.

In the Pacific, ruins of an ancient city were explored on the ocean floor off Ponape Island. Another was underwater 30 miles off Easter Island. A ruined road on Karotonga Island goes into the ocean, runs underwater for many miles, and comes out of the ocean on another island in a straight line! Professor Menzies, from Duke University, photographed a ruined civilization on the sea bottom between Peru and Tahiti with unknown hieroglyphics on a column.

Monolithic ruins from a lost civilization were found on a half dozen South Pacific Islands, which are said to be Lemurian mountain peaks above water.

1. Plato wrote a detailed account of Atlantis with its location, later history, culture, and destruction.

2. Ancient writings from the Aztecs and Mayans like the Chilam Balam, Dresden Codex, Popuhl Vuh, Codex Cortesianus, and Troano Manuscript were also translated into histories of the destruction of Atlantis and Lemuria.

3. The Oera Linda Book from Holland is said to be one of the oldest books ever found. Adela tells of the destruction of the large Atlantic island by earthquakes and tidal waves.

4. The ancient Greek historian Diodorus wrote that thousands of years earlier Phoenicians had been to the immense Atlantic island (where Plato wrote Atlantis was). (Note that Phoenician hieroglyphics have been found on numerous ruins in the South American Jungles that are so ancient that the "white" Indian tribes nearby lost memory of who built these ruins). Diodorus wrote that the Atlanteans had WAR with the Amazonians!

5. The Greek Kantor reported visiting Egypt where they saw a marble column carved with hieroglyphics about Atlantis.

6. Greek historian Ammianus Marcellinus wrote about the destruction of Atlantis (he was highly respected).

7. Proculus visited the islands off Africa (Canaries or Azores) where the natives told him of the destruction of Atlantis around 450 A.D. long before that date).

8. Plutarch wrote about the lost continent in his book Lives.

9. Herodotus, regarded by some as the greatest historians of the ancients, wrote about the mysterious island civilization in the Atlantic and a city on it located in the region the Dr. Asher expedition found just that!

10. The Greek historian Timagenus wrote of the war between Atlantis and Europe and said tribes in ancient France said that was their original home. (Note that clear bright paintings in caves in France clearly show people wearing 20th century clothing: one painting led to an underground pyramid complex. French historian and archaeologist Robert Charroux dated them at 15,000 B.C.

11. Claudius Aelianus referred to Atlantis in his 3rd century work "The Nature of Animals".

12. Theopompos (Greek historian) wrote of the huge size of Atlantis and it's cities of Machimum and Eusebius and a golden age free from disease and manual labor.

To be continued

[edit on 4/20/2008 by billyjoinedat2k8]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
To be coninued

13. James Churchward wrote several volumes of books documenting ancient writings he claims to have translated in Southeast Asia concerning Atlantis and Mu, while geologist William Niven claimed to have excavated identical tablets in Mexico.

14. Dr. George Hunt Williamson, who authored several books on his Atlantean-Lemurian research in the 1950's, was an anthropologist explorer once listed in Who's Who in America. Williamson wrote how descendants of the Incas led him to an ancient manuscript in a temple in the Andes Mountains that told of the destruction of Atlantis and Mu, which had an advanced technology, by earthquakes and tidal waves. Williamson also visited dozens of Indian tribes in the United States and Mexico that told him of Atlantis and Mu, including the Hopi Indians.

15. Tablet from Lhasa. Tibet and also from Easter Island. It is clear from ancient writings that belief in Atlantis was common and accepted in Greece, Egypt, and Mayax [Mayan and Aztec Empires) by historians. The Basques of Spain, the Guals of France, the tribes of the Canary and Azores islands, a tribe in Holland, and dozens of Indian tribes all speak of their origins in a large lost and sunken Atlantic land.

all of these ancient writing about Atlantis and its ending are extremely interesting to me and i also find it very interestin about the fact that they are obviously alot more advnced than we are.

what do you think.

[edit on 4/20/2008 by billyjoinedat2k8]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Howdy Billy

Great lists of stuff. Unfortunately what I see in that list are long discredited hoaxes and frauds. Atlantis believers don't like to hear that but here is a recommendation.

Go thru your list, investigate completely and thoroughly one, two or three of these. Read both sides of the issue. Come back with what you think is the best proof, not a laundry list.

Lots and lots of stuff has been made up about Atlantis, separating out the reality from the chaff can be difficult.

Regards

Hans

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
If you are looking for more on finding atlantis, check out my thread... theres some very good ideas and points in there.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Feel free to drop by.
I do agree though that most of these stories have been discredited and/or found to be hoaxes. I believe if we truly found something THAT extraordinary under the sea we would have concrete proof of it. Not to mention subsequent dives to find out what else we can get from down there. There are many ziggurats and man-made sculptures off the coasts of most continents, but none of them adhere to what people described atlantis to be. A land that was the pinnacle of what man was capable of and possibly beyond that.
Like I said, check out my thread.

-Z-

EDIT: Spellcheck... as always. Sometimetimes I type too fast for my own good. DOH!

[edit on 8/25/2008 by ZyPHeR]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Yeah I would suggest that you also look at the people making the claims of these findings mentioned. Some of them have a history of scams, false claims and hypothesis that are "unbelievable", therefore you should not believe them.
There are alot of people who prey on scams, book sales, etc. and the big red flag starts waving when they claim conspiracy of the government or the church.
Profit is a big motive for these to perpetuate these fantastic lies.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
True. All they need is a decently planned hoax to get investors running their way waving checks around and they have it made. Most people dont do it to make new discoveries anymore. Its all about the dolla bill these dayz.
-Z-

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Thank you for everyones input

and ye its a shame when people start making things up about Atlantis i wish everyone would just tell the truth about it but i hope most of em are true.

thank you.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Well yes it would make it easier. (if everyone just told the truth) But what's the fun in that?

Thanks zypher for the link to the older thread.

Once an idea or concept gets "currency" in the fringe world - people start adding stuff to it. In most cases made up stuff. After awhile new writers then quote the previous made up stuff as a source.

I've come across numerous fringe writers who use earlier fringe writers as sources. Of course they don't check to see if what they are saying is true they just cite it.

From all of this Atlantis has grown from a Bronze age culture mentioned by Plato to a fairy tale land of aliens and magical powers.

It so sad its almost amusing.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Yes, most people expect to find alienistic weapons, technology and the such like that seen on Stargate: Atlantis or like Jar Jar binks homeland under tha sea in Star Wars. All im looking for is an ancient advanced civilation. Not advanced like, hovering discs and the sort, but a culture that was advanced for its time and where their ideas came from. Extraterrestrial intervention? Hallucinogenics? Religion?

We can learn many things if a race such as this is found. Plus, how cool would it be to find out that your great ancestor was from atlantis? "Yeah, im half white, quarter indian and quarter atlantian."

Ohhhh the possibilities.

-Z-

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Oh yes it would be interesting. I suspect that a regional Bronze/Stone age civilization* may be found in the future. Not quite Atlantis but unknown and pushing back the start of organized culture to 10,000-15,000 years go.

Evidence for this? Not a damn thing.

*Organized village, martime based food supply and starts on religion, traditions(law) elites and specialization of skills.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
To find Troy, they had to dig down 75 feet. That is probably where the evidence is. Unfortunately it is where to dig that 75 feet where the problem lies. Who knows how many lost and ancient civilizations are unknown to us? Most areas are found by digging up ground to build something.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
To find what they think is the Troy they had to dig down. What old Schlie found wasn't Troy. But what might be our Homeric Troy was ID later.

Calvert was sitting at the mound w/ruins where he thought Troy was when Schlie showed up and stole the show.

Some evidence showed up in Hittite records that makes the ID of the present Troy more plausible.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Thank you for clarifying that. My main idea is that many things are buried, and the problem is not knowing where to look. It cost money and time, items that can be in short supply for most researchers (especially the money part!).

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
To find Troy, they had to dig down 75 feet. That is probably where the evidence is. Unfortunately it is where to dig that 75 feet where the problem lies. Who knows how many lost and ancient civilizations are unknown to us? Most areas are found by digging up ground to build something.

Actually, there was a lot of evidence that Troy might be real, including ancient Greek plays about the downfall of Troy and art depicting heroes and battles from the Trojan war.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Yes Troy is well documented compared to Atlantis. The Romans considered it the mythical home of their line and accorded it great respect. They built a Roman colony on where they thought it was and conducted tourism on the site.

I believe the site was abandoned during the chaos of the barbarian invasions.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Yes Troy is well documented compared to Atlantis.

Yup. Atlantis is very poorly documented. There's really only one source, and even that source says the information is third-hand, at best. About the only thing it has going for it is that over the years, more evidence has piled up to suggest that at least what was generally described by Plato might have been possible, given what we now know about the Ice Ages and global catastrophes.

It would be nice if there was more information. But we are talking about a really, really long time ago, even compared to Troy. And if we consider that maybe the Atlantis civilization was not that big, maybe didn't use a lot of large stones in constructions (like Cahokia, for instance), and used wood or tied knots for their "written" language -- and that their land was destroyed/sunken by comet/tsunami/earthquakes, there are only going to be tiny fragments of them left, if anything.

Hopefully advances and deep sea archeology and DNA tracing will link up Native Americans and Western Europeans in such a way to suggest that there might have been somebody living in the ocean between them at some time.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
As an aside since we were mentioning Troy

Troy bigger than previously thought

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by billyjoinedat2k8

Atlantis was the capital of the World say 10 000 years or so back. Not precisely sure how many years back, slips from my memory, but it was a big piece of dominant land run by highly sophisticated beings. Well, us really. Just much more advanced.

Thanks for this post,
Spreading awareness that it actually was a real place is great.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by NightDweller

Howdy NightDweller

Capital of the world? Would you care to expand on that?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
The Biblical account of the Great Flood in Noah's day explains this nicely. The "Nephelim" as it is written, were a race of men bred by the spirit angels who fell from their former estate and were allowed by God to try to remedy the situation of the death curse upon Adam's race, (which God already knew would fail), by interbreeding with the women that they found to be fair and to try to deal with mans fall in the Garden of Eden and the subsequent death curse. The Anointed Cherub Lucifer, aka "Satan," as the name denotes, the "Adversary" of God, had to make good his lie to Eve that the man Adam would "not die" once having defied God's righteous commandment not to eat of the "tree of the knowledge of good and evil" and thus bringing upon himself and his progeny the curse of death and separation from God's blessed association. Satan attempted to do so with the help of the angels who had cooperated with him after his insurrection and usurpation of mankind's dominion. So, having subsequently bred this race of supermen, both physical and mental giants, the experiment was a failure because these giants could not propagate, and unfortunately for mankind these beings did not get along with normal humans but bullied them and acted extremely violently towards them, hence the "wars" mentioned by various ancient peoples and sources. Anyway, as things got to a point that God saw that the end of all flesh was before Him, as with the constant warring, corruption and destruction of the normal human race by these giant men from whom the stories of the great men and gods of old have come down to us as it is also testified of in the Biblical account, He had one man who had not been affected by their corrupt and immoral tendencies, Noah, a direct descendant of Adam, who God instructed to build the Ark in order for the land creatures and those who might listen to his prophecy of doom concerning the coming worldwide conflagration of water to escape upon. There has been a theory extant called the Valian Canopy which is mentioned in so many words describing Earth's atmosphere having a separation of "waters above from the waters below", written about in the beginning verses of the Bible, that existed at that time, above Earth's atmosphere, and this water canopy came rushing in at the poles at God's command, and this caused a great tidal wave to rush from both poles of the Earth towards the equator and to "cover the tops of the highest mountains," which explains why Atlantis and these great pyramids were sunk to great depths by the flood waters that eventually settled into the softer and lower spots in the Earth's crust and pushed the higher land masses/continents apart as they did. So anyway, all that water had to settle somewhere and it did, thus explaining why there are some things such as roads that go into the ocean and run underwater for great distances to emerge on the higher ground again as well as sunken cities such as Atlantis and those submerged pyramids. That was the old heavens and earth mentioned by the Apostle Peter. See www.biblestandard.com... and page down to the question about the flood being local or worldwide, (I believe that it has been proven to have been world wide as archaeologists have discovered that the entire continents of Earth have a layer of mud covering them at the same depth everywhere.), and read the answer to that question. It will explain much more concerning the subject of the Great Flood.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join