It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Photo in Canada, Summer 1968

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
files.abovetopsecret.com...

If this link doesn't show, please let me know - this is a colored photocopy of the original owners photos I attained a few years ago. The originals were in black and white and I color photocopied them to try and keep the maximum quality. After scanning and uploading, it becomes even more difficult to see the markings that are already barely visible on the originals.

If someone has a better way to enhance, I will send the photo to them for uploading in this site - however I wish to retain copyrights to this photo and for that reason have NOT and WILL NOT upload it to a public photo venue, so please honor that.

I got these through a mutual friend - once I'd heard about their existance, I respectfully asked and received permission to have a copy and at that time he also answered a list of questions I'd sent along with our mutual friend. He does not want his identity known (our mutual friend has known him for years, I have no idea who he is other than what city he lives in and from which these were taken which is Cranbrook, BC in the southeast corner of the province.

I do believe Revelstoke has a major entrance to the undergrounds and is not too far from there, the closest US military base would be Spokane WA as far as military/earth craft.

I will relate the answers I received to the questions I asked a few years ago when I got these and cannot give answers beyond unless I again contact the mutual friend which is a possibility if there's a good enough reason
Following those is a brief paragraph/description this person added to my list of questions.

He had not hears of any other sightings before or after this one.
There were no other people outside.
Sounds were like electrical, transformer, cycling? sound.
Had the feeling of startled and danger.
There was no debris from it.
It was there under a minute, there and gone.
There were no dreams around it.
No missing time.
No helicopters at the time or after.
Is willing to talk about it to me but doesn't want to be part of a study or come off as airhead or have backlash.
It was about 30 feet above, just above the roof top.

It came in really low very quickly, happening in less than 2 minutes? I was getting sun in back yard, camera was out on patio. I heard a humm, like sound of electrical generator and looked up just above treetop. I got the camera and manually advanced it. It angled down, center circle came straight down, hovering-moving forward like - nothing spinning. It literally rose straight up and disappeared.

Thoughts?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Seems odd to me that the object in all 4 photos is not centered whatsoever. The top part of the craft being "cut off" in the photos could just be an accident by the photographer, but it could also have been done to hide anything that might have been used to suspend the object in the air, be it wires, or whatever.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by kshaund

I have to agree with sensfan on this one. It looks faked to me. Now if there was a centered picture...

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
It's not a fake - it's not a test or anything like that. The person is of genuine character and like many other witnesses doesn't want to come forward.

So given that it is a photograph of a ufo ('unidentified' flying object), what I noticed more visible in bottom left pix are patterns. The guy got four pictures off before it vanished and it was only like he explained about 30 feet above - he was moving, it was moving, nothing mysterious why it's not in the exact positon.

I absolutely believe our mutual friend is credible and she's known the guy her entire life so on that basis, no, it is not a fake - it is a photograph from 1968 - of what? I don't know - but it's not a set up or a trick -

For those who will insist it has to be fake, fine, just don't forget just because you believe it's not true doesn't make it so
For those of you willing to entertain that this is a genuine sighting and photograph of that sighting, any idea what and where it could be from?

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Is it so blase now to see ufo's that photographs just arent... interesting anymore???

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by kshaund
Is it so blase now to see ufo's that photographs just arent... interesting anymore???

No...
In fact I've never seen a clear photo of a ufo that is not fake or controversial somehow.

The pic you have posted in clearly a fake. The object is hung at the top and is very near to the camera, the fish-eye distortion makes it obvious.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by rocksolidbrain

It is not a fake - that's my point - ! ! !
I'm quite surprised at how readily it is written off - !
It is not a fake ! ! !
Skeptic? Fine - diss it at first glance and think you know its not real - that's not skeptic, that's erroneous -

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Of course, its my opinion.
You may go ahead and prove that its genuine. Merely saying its not fake wont do much.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by rocksolidbrain

Okay - in theory then - Let's say I can prove (whatever that entails) that this object was photographed when and where claimed - IF that's so - what your opinion be regarding the photograph?

I'm thinking of contacting the owner of the photos again and asking for access to them is why - because I do believe it is real and am wondering what others would suggest it is, even if speculating on your part - ?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
If you have proof that it's the real deal, of course provide that proof. We would all love it to be so. But how are you going to prove it? Sure the pics might ahve been taken when and where they photographer says, but does that mean he didn't hang something from a tree and take pics of it?

I'm not saying it's fake, I'm just saying there is not enough info to say that yes, this is definately a picture of a UFO.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
If you have proof that it's the real deal, of course provide that proof. We would all love it to be so. But how are you going to prove it? Sure the pics might ahve been taken when and where they photographer says, but does that mean he didn't hang something from a tree and take pics of it?

I'm not saying it's fake, I'm just saying there is not enough info to say that yes, this is definately a picture of a UFO.

What if it is real - ? Then what would it mean?

new topics

top topics

join