It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS is NOT a Garbage Dump, Void, nor is it Oblivion!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
As Above, So Below

Well said!

Now if we could just persuade more people to stop treating ATS like a garbage dump, I'd be a lot happier.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Flame war.

Just kidding, I like both ats and bts.

Ats has a lot of interesting things to read but most of the time I dont really know what to put about most of the things posted there.

And bts you can just kick back and post about whatever as long as it doesnt violate T&C.

Im pretty new here but I have found a lot more things to post about on bts then ats.

[edit on 26-8-2008 by i_i_09]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I'm honest enough to admit that I am one of the posters you are talking about. I've said more than a couple times that a thread belongs in BTS.

The thing is that the noobs to ATS will post something that absolutely has no place there and it is just wasting space. The way someone found god or got saved is not a conspiracy, so it doesn't belong in the CiR forum. I cannot stand that.

I've only read BTS two times before this, and this is my first post, but I will go out on a limb and say that BTS isn't a dumping ground quality-wise, but it is content-wise because if it doesn't belong in ATS, well it belongs in BTS by default.

I have to say I was absoutely shocked that BTS has almost a totally different community than ATS. I thought it was where ATS members came to talk about non ATS stuff but it seems that most people seldom cross the border.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by sc2099

I know some threads do belong in BTS. Some threads in my opinion don't belong either place. But that's my opinion. But some ATS posters I feel have an incorrect view of BTS, I think that these posters should spend a day or two over here exploring the variety of topics and different fun things that BTS has to offer.

I think that some ATS posters are a little too uptight and a trip to BTS would be just the ticket for them to unwind a little. Heck I think that everyone should come on over to BTS and unwind every now and again. Just to keep their sanity.

I tend to post in a few sections of ATS. I like the Ancient & Lost Civilizations, Paranormal Studies, Debate Forum, 9/11 Conspiracies, Short Stories, and the Introductions forums on ATS. Not just exclusively on BTS. (although I have been told on more than one occasion to stay "down" in BTS
)

And I am going to have to disagree with you about Content wise BTS being a dumping ground. I have found that the members that frequent BTS themselves do a much better job at self moderating, if a thread is started here and has no real value, it's left to slowly disappear off the end of the board never to be heard from again.

While on ATS a similarly valueless thread may get hundreds of replies, tons of flags and end up featured on the home page. Here in BTS this doesn't happen as often. The posts and posters here in my opinion do an excellent job at letting these sort of things meet the bottom of the page without reply, flag, star or any other kind of positive or negative reinforcement.

Even flame wars on BTS are more rare. Almost unheard of in the Jokes Puns and Pranks forum is a flame war. (Not to say a member won't get completely Pwned for creating a thread that just begs for it) But all in all BTS has a pretty high standard for what is acceptable to us.

So I say to my ATS brothers and sisters, come on over to BTS set a spell, visit DATS for a nice cold one and a refreshing conversation. Let your hair down, put down the fighting gloves and have a laugh. I think that if more ATSers Denied Boredom, they would go to ATS with a much better world view and perhaps that perspective can be infectious. Perhaps visitors from ATS to BTS can bring back with them some of the great comradery that I know and love here on BTS.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I think the reason many see BTS as a dumping ground comes from ‘ignorance’ and the way some threads are dealt with. When I first started here, I didn’t even know about BTS until I had a thread moved by a mod. No explanation except a U2U saying it was moved to BTS.
It felt like it was not ‘good enough’ or lacked substance (Which was possible). It was only after I started exploring BTS that I realised it was the more apt place for it and there are plenty of worthwhile and intellectual forums here and its not JUST for playing around.

I am also spending a little more time here at the moment mainly because I am tired of seeing the word Russia in every second thread title….

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   

I recognize you, whatukno, from ATS. I have seen a few familiar faces around here but was greatly surprised by the whole bunch of people posting here who I'd never seen at ATS. I didn't expect it to be a different crowd.

Yeah, ATS does have some crap that somehow floats to the top. I don't really understand why some things are so popular. I guess it's that they preach to the choir. If BTS doesn't have such a problem I would venture that it's because lots of ATS topics are fringe, and fringe dwellers will go to hell and back for their fringe topics. The things being discussed over here seem to be a lot more...normal, so they don't garner such over the top responses from adherents.

But again, I'm a BTS noob so I could be totally wrong.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by sc2099

I think one of the best ways an ATS member can familiarise themselves with just how awesome BTS is, is by simply listining to The BTS Mix with Doc Hancock and Spencer Tracy. These two find some of the greatest threads and talk about them on the show. They are awesomely funny and intelegent people and I simply can't wait for the next show to air.

(Well it is a plus that they mention me in nearly every show
they rock!)

When a moderator moves a thred from ATS to BTS I don't think it's a slight. I mean I am sure they don't mean it as any sort of slight to the thread author. It's just that the subject matter is our kind of material on BTS. If it is good, it's going to get responses. If it's not so hot, it sinks away never to be heard from again.

The membership here love to read stuff. It's safe to say that I think the hard core membership of BTS are great judges of worthy threads and really do make great efforts into just ignoring bad threads, rewarding good ones and being quite friendly even if it isn't required to be.

Least thats why I love BTS.

[edit on 8/28/2008 by whatukno]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
No kidding this isn't oblivion. If it was, I'd be wondering where my 16x anti aliasing along with some shiny state-of-the-art-as-of-2006 HDR is.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
To me, BTS is the place I go when I get tired of the end of the world and NWO talk on ATS. Don't get me wrong, I like ATS, but sometimes, you need to just sit back read some silly stuff and laugh and realize that things are not as bad as we think it is and people still have a sense of humor. So lets just chit chat, sit back, and kick the bull. It's time to joke around and got to a place where is it is always Peanut butter jelly time.

[edit on 8/30/2008 by bigvig316]

[edit on 8/30/2008 by bigvig316]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigvig316
To me, BTS is the place I go when I get tired of the end of the world and NWO talk on ATS. Don't get me wrong, I like ATS, but sometimes, you need to just sit back read some silly stuff and laugh and realize that things are not as bad as we think it is and people still have a sense of humor. So lets just chit chat, sit back, and kick the bull. It's time to joke around and got to a place where is it is always Peanut butter jelly time.
Werd babe!

[edit on 9/2/0808 by Dirty Vegas]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Dirty Vegas

Dirty Vegas!!!! You made it over. Oh, I guess I should have mentioned that once you come over here to BTS you can't go back over to ATS....:bnghd: hehe

And yes, we like the dancing BTS banana.

Rush

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by hsur2112
reply to post by Dirty Vegas

Dirty Vegas!!!! You made it over. Oh, I guess I should have mentioned that once you come over here to BTS you can't go back over to ATS....:bnghd: hehe

And yes, we like the dancing BTS banana.

Rush

Of course! You invitez me!

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
In my case you'll see me pretty much mainly post over here in the BTS side. I'll on a rare occasion post in the ATS side put stay here in BTSdom. I'll without a doubt read threads on the ATS side but not reply for the most part. I guess typically it reflects my mental mindscape at the time when I go on this site. Usually I'll be here looking to simply relax after work. Sometimes I'll start my own thread, usually in a light hearted tone but on occasion in the more serious. In all honesty at times it's hard for me to make a reply to a thread in the ATS side without sounding like a "me too" type of answer. Threads get covered with all kinds of answers that I hardly know where to begin on the ATS side. Thus you might say I'm pretty much a member of the BTSdom.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I agree and there are some great(info, etc) threads here too. Not sure why they want to dismiss this place so much.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
IMO, the threads in ATS determine the quality of that board, are they well thought out and researched, are there enough pics and video, good footage, bad footage, is it a humanoid or a cow, are they controversial enough, are there witnesses? Over here in BTS the members determine the quality of this board. It's all about member-interaction here.

I do like to visit ATS, but don't have much to add. I don't discuss any politics or religion, that's personal and anymore about the only time I'm over there I seem to be debunking rods and orbs and those silly "moving star-like ufo's" (aka: satellites). With that said there has been a huge amount of ufo sightings (not satellites, lol) in my state so I watch that thread closely and I do enjoy the Space Exploration category.

Originally posted by i_i_09
Ats has a lot of interesting things to read but most of the time I dont really know what to put about most of the things posted there.

Try this.......

"Cool video, looks real." OR "Cool video, looks fake."

...ok, that may be bad advice and the reason why I spend most of my time in BTS. hehe

Originally posted by whatukno
(Well it is a plus that they mention me in nearly every show
they rock!)

Hmm, I listen every week and haven't heard them mention you.

I'm just kidding (they really do) and wuk, you've really played an major role in what has made BTS such a great place to be and why so many of us enjoy hanging out here.

(peace and cupcakes everyone) Rush

[edit on 7-9-2008 by hsur2112]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
This thread needs a bump!

Go BTS!

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

You realize the countdown is on for BTS to fade into oblivion with an ATS merge?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

I know.
It makes me sad. Soon all the trolls and flamers and freaks will descend on our little haven and probably destroy it.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by AccessDenied

I know.
It makes me sad. Soon all the trolls and flamers and freaks will descend on our little haven and probably destroy it.

Such is life...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join