It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God to DNC, I'm watching

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Four twisters touch down near Parker, Castle Rock

At least four tornadoes touched down Sunday afternoon southeast of Denver between the towns of Castle Rock and Parker, but somehow managed to twist dangerously by new housing developments.

The thunderstorms also unleashed a sudden deluge of rain and hail on several subdivisions.

"It was like it snowed during and after the tornado," said Stephen Klein, 15, who lives in the Sapphire Pointe subdivision with his family about a mile-and-a-half southeast of where the tornado touched down. Klein, his mother and two brothers headed to the basement after a neighbor alerted them of the twister.

www.rockymountainnews.com...

The "new" messiah is to be crowned on thursday night, perhaps God has somethign special in mind for this false religion called "obamassiah".....

With their agenda of death to millions through abortion, and the removal of God from the government, and approval of abominations such as "gay marriage"........perhaps God will send a messanger to the "festival" of bile.....

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
um, uh, er, wait,
what? "Obamamassiah" isn't that a phrase used as a derogatory term coined by republicans to ridicule Obama's popularity? It is not an actual religion.

Religion has absolutely NO place in our government. Separation of Church and State. I do not want to be ruled by a religious government.

I seriously doubt that God had any intention to punnish the DNC for their political views. I seriously doubt that God cares about our pathetic mundane society.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Religion has absolutely NO place in our government. Separation of Church and State. I do not want to be ruled by a religious government.

Just because we cannot have a state controlled religion or a religiously controlled state does not mean that religion has no place in government. Did they teach you that in school?

Go visit Washington D.C. and you will see religious art all over the buildings, like the Library of Congress and the Supreme Court. References to God permeate our laws, ceremonies, and monuments. You may be hostile, but the only way an argument like yours can be made is through a revisionist history that is akin to Holocaust denial.

I seriously doubt that God had any intention to punnish the DNC for their political views. I seriously doubt that God cares about our pathetic mundane society.

I would have to agree with you there. I imagine that there are much more efficient ways for God to annihilate the DNC, and he would probably take the RNC as well, because both are corrupt. This sounds more like superstition.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ScienceDada

Yes you are correct, there are many many different religious monuments in our nations capital. and yes god does permeate our laws and ceremonies. However the religious institutions should not hold sway over policy.

It's not hostility, its what our founding fathers envisioned for our nation. A nation free from the tyranny of the religious dominated governments of Europe. To be free from policies governed solely by the church.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by ScienceDada
It's not hostility, its what our founding fathers envisioned for our nation. A nation free from the tyranny of the religious dominated governments of Europe. To be free from policies governed solely by the church.

Yes, and interestingly it was the vocal minorities like the Baptists who were proponents of this right against Puritans and "mainline" denominations.

There is a really interesting speech Barack Obama gave regarding how important it is not to exclude religion from politics. Regardless of how you feel about the man, I thought it might be of interest given the election season. It is about 1/2 hour long.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I am gonna have to agree. I see nothing about God's hand in this. That sort of thinking drives me up a wall. God killed her because she is gay...god dropped a twister on the DNC...God flooded New Orleans away because of sexual promiscuity

-rolls eyes-

And no religion should ever sway a vote.

-Kyo

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   

top topics

join