It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There will be no revolution in America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I am disgusted at the weak minded citizens of this nation, all talk but aint willing to do the walk. This is what this nation has come to, a bunch of whiners more than happy to open their mouths behind computer screens but aint willing to do the walk. A bunch of hypocrites that will be more than happy to acknowledge the two party system in one forum but willing to give into the BS coming from another. What makes it worse is that this hypocrisy is not been questioned by enough people. Too many are allowing their minds to be infested by this garbage all over the net, its no wonder the nation is in this state, its not just the government, it is the citizens and their ignorance that is to blame. I am real dissappointed at what many members here have become... from both sides of the political spectrum... Im not afraid to speak out, I see things as they are, and I see what is blatantly obvious.

There will be no revolution, there will be no uprising, there will be no impeachment of Bush and his cronies. Too many americans have turned their backs to what they once stood for a few months back. I aint no Ron Paul supporter but i know enough to realize why theres no revolution. People have decided to give into fearmongering, they have decided to go for the very same people that lied to them and cheated them out of tax payer money. This is the exact same technique Bush tried in 2003 and 2004, fear the citizens into believing they have limited choices, give them the illusion that they have no option but give in. What a sad sad time for america, people refuse to wake up, they say ignorance is bliss and I dont doubt this saying one bit.

Ron Paul was probably the most conservative candidate for the Republican party. The only other republican I can think of just as conservative as Ron Paul if not more is Reagan. When I saw Ron Paul I felt there was actually a chance for the Republican party to get back to its true roots, laid down prior by Abraham Lincoln and the other founding members. But I was wrong.... how wrong was I. What a shock when I found Ron Paul lost and by such a large margin, he only gained 8%.

Why did such true conservative candidate gain so little? I dont understand it?? He was the only true conservative candidate out of those warhawks to run for president, he was the only man to have the balls to stand up and speak out against out the idiots who are turning this party away from its roots. I dont get it?? Why did conservative america turn its back on Ron Paul and go in favour for McBush?

Now I have heard excuse after excuse from rightwingers and Ron Paul supporters as to why. Many say Ron Paul was cheated out of the elections, some say that the media did not give him a chance, I say BS. Too often people make excuses and refuse to look at the truth of the matter, let me tell you why Ron Paul lost, why theres no revolution:

Desensitization

Americans, especially conservative americans, have become so desensitized to war and neoconservatism. Why is it that the more and more Republican elected leaders are becoming increasingly neoconservative? Bush, McCain, Cheney and Lieberman? I mean this is unbelievable, why on earth would conservatives vote in people who dont stick to true conservative values? Because people have become acustomed to it. People have began to give into the years of lies that have been fed to them. They have accepted the fact that Bush lied and is getting away with it, they have accepted the fact that their nation is turning into a police state. The corrupt government over the years has slowely turned peoples minds to accept these as the norm and what is key in this is

Fearmongering

Ever since that horrible day in 2001, people have been bitter and angry, vowing that the those responsible will pay for this. But their anger was to be used against them, this very day opened up new possibilities for Bush and his cronies to exploit the citizens of these United states to support them in irrational wars, and they were going to use fear as an excuse. Listen to the propaganda coming from the media and the government, why is it that they are using the same kind of propaganda they used 5years ago? And why is it working? Because people are willing to look they other way and give into the BS coming from the neocons, and

Hypocrisy

is when people are more than happy to open their mouths when it suits them at the time but will not follow this throughtout ime. Iv seen plenty of so called Ron Paulers who wil play the part very well but will turn their backs the minute their fears are played by the corrupt. The will speak out against the two party system but will listen to and spread the lies coming from these to parties. They will speak out against Bush and his lies about the war at one time but will support the lies of the war at another time.

Over the years the founding fathers of the Republican party have warned all americans of straying away from the original values and princapals of this nation:

Ronald Reagan
"History teaches that war begins when governments believe the price of aggression is cheap."

Ronald Reagan
"A people free to choose will always choose peace."

Ronald Reagan
"Recession is when a neighbor loses his job. Depression is when you lose yours."

Ronald Reagan
"Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives."

Dwight D. Eisenhower
"Only Americans can hurt America."

Dwight D. Eisenhower
"War settles nothing."

Abraham Lincoln
"Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?"

Abraham Lincoln
"Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."

They have warned us in the past but it is unfortunate that many have decided to turn a blind eye and give into these lies been fed to us.

There will be no revolution because the majority of Americans are far to ignorant and arrogant to listen to the warnings of the past. There will be no revolution because people have become acustomed to the lies of the government, there will be no revolution because people do not search for the truth any longer, they get their information from propaganda sources.

A message could have been sent by electing Ron Paul, there could of been opportunity for change on both sides, but no..

The promise of a Revolution has died because the american people have allowed it to.

[edit on 25-8-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Lol do you suggest we go "Gun's Blazin" Let's do this like Che Guevera!

Viva La Resistance!

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by alundaio

Alundaio, I think your post is an example that demonstrates exactly what the OP is saying.

Take this not as an attack, but how narrow minded must one be to think violence is the only way to solve anything, or to jump-start progress?

The quotes provided by the OP directly contradicts any action through weaponry or hostility. I suggest reading those quotes over, and over until it sticks.

The "yea right" type attitude also alludes to the fear-mongering present in the back of all of our minds. Change the world? "yeah right". Do something to make a difference? "yeah right".

Sarcasm and wit are often confused as intelligence. Open your mind.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Is the gist of this that the majority didn't vote Ron Paul? Just asking lol. I do not find myself ignorant for not choosing him to represent me. I researched the Man and listen to some of his talks from years and years ago. He convinced me of one thing - that he was 'wacky' to say the least. But that is my opinion and guess what? I am entitled too it, not ignorant thank you much...

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Yes...i think my sig describes the mindset of not just america...but alot of the world in the 21st century...

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by southern_Guardian
...Hypocrisy ...

...Abraham Lincoln
"Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties." ...

Interesting that you list those two things in the same post. Have you figured out yet the irony in doing so?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
It all sounds good and I am for it: Patriotism, conservatism, capitalism, democracy and unity.

None of this we will find in the Democratic Party agenda, especially that of Barack Obama.

The only way to come close to it is by voting Republican regardless of who is running.

The greatest danger to our Country and way of life would be the appointment of Liberals Judges. The Supreme Court rulings are nothing other than interpretation of our Constitution. Marxist Judges can change it through interpretation.
www.readwhatisee.com

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
While I don't agree with everything you have said, I do agree with the essence of it. There will be no revolution though because people would rather march for peace, starve for the constitution, or whine about all the rights they are losing rather than accept the only thing that *will* make a difference (although perhaps not on a grand scale at first).

There won't be a storming of the white house, guns drawn, and chants of "we want our freedoms back" until there is a movement in the lives of the individual.

I hear people whining about the federal income tax being illegal but make no effort in abolishing it in their own life for fear of the repercussions it *will* most likely bring.
They bitch about their choices in the elections, but would rather not vote or vote the lesser of two evils than to make a stand in the voting booth (their cheating system should not negate *you* of your responsibility).
They moan for welfare, healthcare, minimum wage, laws to impose on those who do things that they deem morally unfit or a danger to their security and then turn around to moan that the government is *making* them dependent and forcing them to comply to the opinions of others with an arrogance that is dripping in hypocrisy.

Until people can understand that individual rights come with the responsibility of being self sufficient and not imposing onto anothers rights, they will continue to look to false hopes as a way to cope with their self induced insecurities and willingness to comply to their slave masters in turn for security; from imprisonment, from abandonment, from unseen enemies conjured up in their minds, on and on.

They will preach the constitution and fail to realize that what it states already belonged to them and it is only *up* to them and not a group to keep their rights or give them away.

Nothing will be done on a grand scale until it is done on an individual scale first and foremost. It all depends on how much it is worth it to *you* to call the shots in *your* life.

Hence, there will be no grand revolution
. Just perhaps a few smaller scale revolutions that will likely go unnoticed

Edited to add: Abraham Lincoln was anti constitutional in practice by the way

[edit on 25-8-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot

Originally posted by southern_Guardian
...Hypocrisy ...

...Abraham Lincoln
"Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties." ...

Interesting that you list those two things in the same post. Have you figured out yet the irony in doing so?

haha!! Just noticed that I am not the only who has been educating myself
Star for you!

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I agree with you 100% that there will be no revolution.

This problem you describe didn't start yesterday or even during the Bush years. It has been going on for years. Granted Bush has used terrorism to fear us into believing we have limited choice. But fear has also been used with issues like abortion and social security among others. And fear is used by both parties.

Ron Paul would have made a good President but he would have encountered problems with Congress. Congress likes the status quo. They do not want change, they want power. The President may set the Agenda but Congress will go by their own agenda. If people want to see a real change they need to focus in on what type of candidates they are putting into Congress. Congress passes the majority of the laws that affect our everyday life.

I also feel that Ron Paul got so few votes because of finance rather than fear mongering. Corporations and lobbyist give the majority of money to candidates who they feel can win. Ron got most of his money from everyday citizens. There really was no way for Ron Paul to compete. This in return makes people vote for a candidate they think can win also. That is why people end up with McCain. It is a lame excuse but most people want to be on the winning side.

You wrote an interesting thread and make some good points. Keep these kind of threads coming.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I dont believe what im reading. Now im not from America so I dont have a real view of your culture or society. But the way to achieve change is not to just sit back and so revolution will not happen. Revolution can happen in many ways and people all around the world are beginning to realise what is going on. Anti Government riots are happening in countries in ever increasing frequency, while this will not achieve revolution in the true sense of the word it does make people believe change is possible. People in increasing numbers are talking about a spiritual awakening currently and into the future taking place. Most importantly there a great numbers of people who want to rise up and change society. Turn off your TV and spread the word that change in society is needed to achieve a better world. Revolution is not dead it sleeps an it is awakening, instead of saying it will not happen spread the word that it can happen and our lives will be better for it.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Is there anybody in there?

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
It's all demographics

there wont be a revolution now because the silent generation is still alive and entering or have entered retirement and the Boomers are in power and screwing up the whole country ...just like thier parents told them they wood

Gen X is a t best 40-50 Million

and Gen Y However is... closer to 100 Million

but the majority teens or even children

Look for a revolutuion when one demographically CAN actually happen...

in the next Ten years as gen Y is all over 18 and Gen X tries to take power from a Boomer genration not willing to relinquish power but... vastly out numbered by youth

a revolution can only happen when the young have the numbers

Violent?

Maybe not... But a true revolution, any realistic change will come as the Silent generation dies and Boomers get old

[edit on 21-9-2008 by mopusvindictus]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I agree, there will be no revolution. However there is still hope. If an animals gets cornered it will have no choice but to attack. Since the people are cowards and lazy the government will for sure win this war. I guess the only way to fight back is gorilla style.

mopusvindictus:

It is not about numbers but about hearts and wit. You bring a big heart to a fight and outwit your opponent to win. The army will not be hard to defeat in your own backyard. It will be to your advantage. Numbers have no meaning. Just look at the battle of Thermopylae. 300 men stood against a huge army and all it took was a great strategy.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I've heard this literally hundreds of times by different people and groups. Where do you want to start?

Absolutely enjoyed your disjointed argument wanting to change everything and then use the same system we have to "impeach Bush and his cronies".

As far as I concerned, there isn't enough lamp posts in the nation for the work that needs to be done from the bottom up.

There are people who would back the proper movement or person at the right time under very specific circumstances. A new political movement would need massive funding for any office. The system we got is set up to protect the system we got.

Ron Paul is not the answer, he is actually part of the larger problem. Chances are, you don't see it that way.

top topics

join