It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OBAMA BIDEN People will think they are voting for Osama Binladen.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Change the B for an S add an NLA and hey presto you have the most talked about person this century, Osamo Bin Laden.
Obama should have chosen another running mate.
It really is silly to assume people will make some sort of sub-conscious connection, however I'm sure some will.

Any thoughts?

[edit on 25-8-2008 by amicrazy]

[edit on 25-8-2008 by amicrazy]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
My thoughts are that this is rediculous. Hey...you asked,

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
No, not ridiculous

There is alot to name recognition and there is a whole science to it.

I wouldn't be suprised at all if Barack Hussein Obama was a concious choice based on name because of how much exposure the names have carried in the media and I would be willing to bet too that when Biden was chosen the concept came up

Somehow I don't think the positive/negative association matters the way the mind worrks, nearly as much as the fact that those names are in peoples head

I would say Bush rode to office in part because his fathers name had been around the States for 12 years under Regan and then his terms in office

I don't understand exactly how it works psychologically but having a name that is familiar plays very big in choosing a candidate

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Yes ridiculous. The way it's put together won't change anyones vote. And I never even would have thought of it but people here do it for some reason. If Obama wins or loses it won't be because of this.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Why is this nonsense taking up space in the Aliens and UFOs forum?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Well I don't disagree with that it is ridiculous but real none the less

Name recognition is singulalry the biggest thing they look for when proposing a candidate

Just do a Google search for Politics name recognition or throw psychology in there as well and see what you get

I guarantee you Barack Obama wouldn't be running if he didn't have built in name recognition and Biden was talked about prior

Like I said i don't understand how exactly it works being a negative association but his advisors felt it does...

It's well known phenomena and it weighs heavy in all politics

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Oh come on, now you guys are just looking for things to be wrong. It's no longer concern for yourselves, or your fellow man...now it's just "how much trash can I kick up?" Dispicable.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Blueracer

sub-conscious means you don't consciously think about it, and yes people will make an association and he will be voted into office because of this. His name is being exploited whether you find it ridiculous or not. Politicians will try ANYTHING for votes.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Obama-haters (bigots) will try anything, no matter how ridiculous, to try to influence people not to vote for him.

Why not just say it like it is? You're white and you don't want people to vote for Obama cos he's black and he has a muslim name.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
There are lots of reasons to not like a bunch of leftist liberal gun grabin dems without them being misnamed to make them sound like Arab terrorist. It is wrong to call Obama Osama.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
My thought is

what kind of moron can mix up Obama/Biden

with

Osama Bid Laden

"ama" and "en" are the only two similarities between the two

using that lame logic (or...complete lack there of)

i could say

My Mama said that her sons name was Stephen

hey - it has "ama" and "en"

i guess that must mean my mama is a terrorist supporter

exploitation of the moronic masses at its prime.

..... :shk: you asked...

[edit on 8/25/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

[edit on 8/25/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Lannock, Where at all did he even hint that we shouldn't vote for him because of this connection? The whole point of the topic was to display the connection and people's thoughts. Whether negative the connection is to his name will undoubtly bring a positive result for him. It's years of free advertisment for his and his running mates names. They planted the seed and now they are watering the plant.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Blueracer

Not at all, have you ever heard about sigil magic? Do some research

It is "common business" for stars to use this type of black magic nowadays ...

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by amicrazy
Change the B for an S add an NLA and hey presto you have the most talked about person this century, Osamo Bin Laden.
Obama should have chosen another running mate.
It really is silly to assume people will make some sort of sub-conscious connection, however I'm sure some will.

I think you actually have a good point. The question is not whether people will subconsciously make the connection but how many people's votes will be changed due to that subconscious connection. I seriously doubt there is any way to know, but I think it is a relevant point.

I see people saying "oh that is crazy". What comes to mind is how the "lower" the letter of the alphabet, the higher your chances are of actually achieving the US presidency. Of course their are exceptions (Washington, Wilson, etc) but statistically more than expected US presidents have last names starting very soon in the alphabet. I cannot remember where I read that information, but believe it was a reliable source. If such a trivial point has an effect, then surely sounding close to Osama Bin Ladin must have an effect.

[Edited to add last paragraph]

[edit on 25-8-2008 by truthquest]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
If nothing else he will get more votes because of the connection.

Name recognition if nothing else.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency
If nothing else he will get more votes because of the connection.

Name recognition if nothing else.

Some words have a negative connotation. Osama Bin Ladin is definitely a group of words with a negative connotation. So, of course not! Of course he won't get more votes for being subconsciously associated with a terrorist that wants Americans dead.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
You are wrong, subconsciously to most people(people who are easily manipulated or brainwashed) the negative factors will not affect him. You have to understand from a different viewpoint, not from how you think or feel. Imagine if you never made the name association or knew about it, and it came time to vote. You would be more inclined to remember Obama's name because it was imprinted into your mind without you realizing it. Thats why its called SUBLIMINAL. You're conscious mind doesn't deal with crap like that. In fact FOX uses a thing called Neuro-linguistics Programing(NLP) which is almost similar to this. This sort of thing is everywhere. You been force fed this stuff since the day you were born. Alot of the newer generations are less gullible to some of it, but older people(The voting crowd) aren't.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
[edit on 25-8-2008 by alundaio]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by truthquest

Well I disagree. First of all many Americans have a short memory and Bin Laden is old news. Second it is name recognition at the sub-conscious level - most people don't think about it as negative or positive. Maybe I'm wrong.

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join