It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forget 2012!!....2029/2036 is the year to mark on calanders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
www.spacedaily.com...

Scientists predict a near-miss when Asteroid 99942 Apophis passes Earth in 2029. An asteroid flies this close to the planet only once every 1,300 years. The chance to study it will help scientists deal with the object should it threaten collision with Earth.

en.wikipedia.org...

However there remained a possibility that during the 2029 close encounter with Earth, Apophis would pass through a gravitational keyhole, a precise region in space no more than about 400 meters across, that would set up a future impact on April 13, 2036.

SO basically folk's if it does miss us.....it will hit us in 2039.. why rush 2012 dang yall... lol

www.space.com...

BOULDER, Colorado - The potential for a newly discovered asteroid smacking into the Earth in 2036 cannot be discounted. NASA has sketched out a response strategy in the outside possibility that the space rock becomes a true threat.

neo.jpl.nasa.gov...
Not for sure about he above link...think it's the asteroid's..actual dimension's..not for sure not a scientist here

neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

The analysis of Apophis previews situations likely to be encountered with NEAs yet to be discovered: a close approach that is not dangerous (like Apophis in 2029) nonetheless close enough to obscure the proximity and the danger of a later approach (like Apophis in 2036) by amplifying trajectory prediction uncertainties caused by difficult-to-observe physical characteristics interacting with solar radiation as well as other factors.

so please please stop with the Inca calendar 2012 stuff...lol

this asteroid is real...and 2039..very very real ..heck maybe 2029...

www.guardian.co.uk...

It's 390m wide. And it could hit Earth in 31 years time

www.theinsider.org...

Hundreds of scientists around the world are working on projects to try and intercept asteroid 99942 "Apophis" and predict its trajectory more accurately. Experts have announced that the object "could" hit Earth on April 13th, 2029. The impact would unleash a cataclysmic explosion "100,000 times" more powerful than the nuclear bomb dropped on Hiroshima. The asteroid was named after an ancient Egyptian prophecy: "Apophis was the ancient spirit of evil and destruction, a demon that was determined to plunge the world into eternal darkness". Some people believe the Bible contains prophecies about asteroid or comet impacts at the end of the world, particularly the book of Revelation, e.g.: "...I saw a star that had fallen from heaven to earth ... from the shaft rose smoke ... a great furnace, and the sun and the air were darkened with the smoke..." (Rev 9:1-2); "...they were cast upon the earth ... trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up..." (Rev. 8:7); "something like a great mountain, burning with fire, was thrown into the sea" (Rev. 8:8); "a great star fell from heaven, blazing like a torch..." (Rev. 8:9). There are comparable verses in other texts, e.g. Qur'an 69:13-15.

www.russiatoday.com...

Astronomers are battling to work out the trajectory of an asteroid that will cause havoc if it hits the Earth in 2036. Called Apophis, the giant meteor is hurtling through space at 10km per second. Scientists are warning that an impact would be far more devastating than the atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima at the end of WW2.

star and flag this ...NVM.. we all be dead in 2036 anyways lol

well read and enjoy.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
www.electricpig.co.uk...

NASA has unveiled plans for a “space tractor” that’ll use gravity to send asteroids on their way. Researchers at their jet propulsion unit have found the weak gravitational pull of a nearby aircraft can send wayward space obstructions of sizes up to 140 metres across off course.

a tractor is our best hope .....omg yall..

well this is only idea Ive came across saying ..we got a plan lol

so this it it a space tractor

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
The thing i find funny about all the dates people say things are going to happen is at the rate we are killing our planet we won't be here to see any of the dates.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
www.cbc.ca...

We have been warned. Apophis is coming. We even have the exact date: April 13, 2036, so there's no excuse not to be ready.

But NASA recently downgraded the threat of a direct hit by Apophis from one in 42 to one in 45,000.

Those are pretty long odds. Getting four of a kind in a poker game is eleven times more likely

i play allot of poker my friend's....trust me 4 of a kind isn't that hard to get lol

much alone 11 time's in one night...think on that.

1 in 45,000 is bad odd's if you ask me lol real bad..

i wouldn't walk out if they gave me odd's like that..scary to think about to me.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by beforetime

I wouldn't worry about it. The rate technology is progressing, I doubt we will have a problem. If we really need to, I'd bet a jumbo nuclear explosive could be sent to it as a last resort and blow it off course a smidge.

1 in 45,000, I'd walk out. I highly doubt it will hit.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
the 2029 date is Friday the 13th also

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Australian researcher saves the world

Her proposal involves using enhanced solar radiation pressure to move the threatening asteroid off its path to Earth by wrapping it with Mylar film, "a step up from Kevlar", she said.

Just found that article through the unexplained-mysteries website.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
w00t.. aussie aussie aussie...

By the way... Nuking a asteriod isn't a good idea... (radiation)

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
hhhmmmmm how they gonna get a massy ferguson into space? who they gonna get to drive it? how will cleatis breath up there? what attatchment they gonna put on the back of the tractor i dont think a back hoe will do. will a naturally aspirated diesel work in space? what would be the best tyre combination?what ratio gearing would be best? what will cleatis eat and breathe? can he take his favourite pet sow with him company? how big a parachute will they all need ? can cleatis afford to take the time off work?

new topics

top topics

join