It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Controls WHO we VOTE for

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Media Controls WHO we VOTE for

www.youtube.com

I stumbled on a stunning disconnect between the major media version of election coverage and candidate appearance trends on the internet. The Mainstream Media seems to have largely ignored something major on the web.
This version corrects a minor error in the first version. Note: This video has attracted a lot of attention from hater-trolls so I may block anyone that comes here to make trouble. All respectful and intelligent discussion is welcome.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
This is an amazing FACTUAL video, but it makes me more sick. Here was a man who barley anyone knew who would have tried his best to help us...and we shun him. Fox news vilifying him and american being stupid....ermm..ignorant.

This video brings up a great point. Why did media ignore ron paul. Why are "THEY" trying to control who we "VOTE" for.

Are they doing this for our own good? Gas prices are up, high unemployment is still on the rise, and foreclosures are happening all over the country. We NEVER see footage of Iraq on TV, so we never question why we are still there, creating bases. As long as we are in WAR, inflation will occur.

The real question is: How do we stop America from being brainwashed by mainstream media?

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
im not able to watch you tube (at work atm) but i can imagine what the content was.

its only been the last 3 weeks i knew who Ron Paul was and even then my knowledge is sketchy at best.

on occasions when ive watched American MSM ive noticed a tendancy not to report in a neutral manner but a tendancy to influence their audience and impose their point of view on the masses, the problem arrises when the people viewing this program dont actually think about the implications of whats being presented and they dont scrutinize how its presented.

i dont know if this is a deliberate information overload tactic where the persons brain becomes lazy and stops processing and just accepting all information as gospel truth, or if the way information is presented is a deliberate attempt to control the docile masses through proven mind control techniques.

but either way after an hour of watching that garbage i usually have a head ache for some weird reason.

another tactic ive noticed is the tendency of the MSM to constantly use slogans and repeat them over and over again.

Shock and Awe
Lame duck president etc etc i think it tends to wear down peoples perception

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
if you, personally, allow the MSM to control ANYTHING that you do - then, with all due respect, there is no point in trying to save you

The MSM doesnt do crap for me anymore in telling me who to vote for, what to wear, which food to eat.

Im my own man and i put my pants on one leg at a time

MSM doesnt do jack...unless you CHOOSE to let them

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
if you, personally, allow the MSM to control ANYTHING that you do - then, with all due respect, there is no point in trying to save you

The MSM doesnt do crap for me anymore in telling me who to vote for, what to wear, which food to eat.

MSM doesnt do jack...unless you CHOOSE to let them

consider yourself a rare breed, because not everyone is as fortunate as you.

remember the bell curve

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
MSM doesnt affect you when you "open your eyes" and really understand the propoganda and symbols that are placed in society. But if you are still "Asleep" you will still fall for the "NEWS". Why do you think bush got elected for his 2nd term? People are still manipulated. Of course me and you are aware...because we can talk about it so bluntly..but how about the other 60% of society. We cant let another Ron Paul slip from us 4 years from now...WE CANT.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Bush got re-eleted because the best the DNC could offer was a dope like John Kerry

All you have to do is look at the man - seriously

Im a die-hard obama supporter, and i wouldnt give a guy like Kerry the time of day.

The DNC lost that one on their own - the media needed to pay no attention

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
At the end of the 1990s, there were 9 corporations (mainly US) that dominated the media world:

* AOL-Time Warner
* Disney
* Bertelsmann
* Viacom
* News Corporation
* TCI
* General Electric (owner of NBC)
* Sony (owner of Columbia and TriStar Pictures and major recording interests), and
* Seagram (owner of Universal film and music interests).

Concentration of ownership

It is useful to remind ourselves that free expression is threatened not just blatantly by authoritarian governments and all those in the private sector who fear public exposure, but also more subtly by the handful of global media conglomerates that have reduced meaningful diversity of expression in much of the globe.

Global media giants

Behind these firms is a second tier of some three or four dozen media firms that do between $1 billion and $8 billion per year in media-related business. These firms tend to have national or regional strongholds or to specialize in global niche markets. About one-half of them come from North America, including the likes of CBS, the New York Times Co., Hearst, Comcast and Gannett.Most of the rest come from Europe, with a handful based in East Asia and Latin America.

In short, the overwhelming majority (in revenue terms) of the world's film production, TV show production, cable channel ownership, cable and satellite system ownership, book publishing, magazine publishing and music production is provided by these 50 or so firms, and the first nine firms thoroughly dominate many of these sectors. By any standard of democracy, such a concentration of media power is troubling, if not unacceptable.

In my opinion, the two greatest travesties to our former great Republic are...

1: The establishment of the illegal federal reserve. A privately owned banking scam.

2: The stranglehold corporate interest (and all that entails) has on the 1st amendment of our Constitution.

The First Amendment gives the press the right to publish news, information and opinions without government interference.

One hand washes the other...two heads of the same snake.

So few holding vast power, and wealth, thus wielding absolute control over our entire country.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
There is an antidote to the lowest common denominator stuff pumped out by the MSM.

It's called the Internet.

You need a critical eye and a willingness to take everything you read with a grain of salt (because a lot of it is BS), but there is a lot more out there than the aggressively conventional viewpoints offered when you turn on your TV.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
i definatley agree with xmotex: I think the antidote is the INTERNET, and thats why "THEY" want to abolish it. And yes, you have to research, research, and more research because some things can be put out of proportion.

The internet in itself is a HUUUUGE database of information, and you have to go from website to website. But what happens when you figure something out, and you want to share it with the world??

We go on message boards..dont ge tme wrong..if we didnt have this then what would we have?...chatrooms? pfft. (a/s/l first babay! *eyes twinkle* >.0)

But WE need a BIGGER microphone, no pun intended.

[edit on 25-8-2008 by correxshun]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I am not sure I would be so quick to admit my lack of intelligence by saying that the media (or whomever) makes my decisions for me. That thing up in your head can actually think for itself ya know

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Ive known for some time that the media does infact control who gets voted for. They simply dont give them any air time. This was proven in a documentary over satalite TV. The guy recorded hundreds of hours off off the air satalite TV. He found that the media flat out will keep you from winning. They have to like you or you dont get elected period.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by correxshun

I believe it is fair to say that the MEDIA does infact control how we vote. If you want to put this statement to the test, let me give you a couple of ways to put this to the test.

1. Watch and count how many times they mention one candidate over another on election day. Constantly repeating someone's name over anothers proves that there is bias in the reporting.

2. The fact that they are reporting on the voting with 4 time zones in this country gives them the ability to affect how folks in 3 times zones actually vote based on the #1 above.

Frankly we should have a VOTE REPORTING BLACKOUT during the vote and only allow them to discuss and report on it after the polls in all 4 time zones have closed.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin

Im a die-hard obama supporter,

I don't think that I've read two more contradictory statements for a while.

Obama is one side of the coin, with McInsane on the reverse. You do realise that Obama is a controlled MSM, NWO stooge, like the rest?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Maybe Americans should watch less TV and read more??? I don't think that's possible though when our brains have been in a chemical bath all our lives.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
im gonna steal your "McInsane" phrase, i love it!

Now i think that there are multiple stages in a society. One of them being tyranny, but after tyranny we have a revolution. SO RON PAUL for example was ahead of the curve. He would have tremendously helped us get out economy back on track.

And to "justamomma" saying that media doesn't brainwash you..well you are the minority, just like all of us here. We discovered the internet and its potential, but for MOST PEOPLE. They are still in the daze.

new topics

top topics

join