It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity is Imploding!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Even looking at what the disciples did in the book of Acts bears zero correlation to what today's 'Christians' are doing.

I agree whole heartedly. Most who call themselves Christians will fall in to the category of those mentioned here;

(Matthew 7:21-23) 21 “Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. 22 Many will say to me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ 23 And yet then I will confess to them: I never knew YOU! Get away from me, YOU workers of lawlessness.

Those who claim to be his followers yet fail to follow his example will be rejected by him.

It is not enough for us to say we believe in Christ and then do what we think is right. It is absolutely necessary that we find out what God’s will is on the matter. Jesus showed this in his Sermon on the Mount.

Yes, we can be doing things that we think are good—and for which other humans may thank us and even praise us—but if we fail to do what God says is right we will be regarded by Jesus Christ as “workers of lawlessness.”

[edit on 26-8-2008 by Sparky63]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MatrixProphet

The bible has been wrongly edited so many times, that a lot of christianity is built up on lies, they only threaten you with things like satan and hell to have you under their control, and they do not tell you things like, jesus had kids, and didnt die and come back again, beacuase they think it would take away his divinity as a messiah. that being said, i think something built up on lies deserves to be torn down. i replied to this anonymously, so i wouldnt get hate mail covering my inbox. umm....bye

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
In 2003 ...When asked, “What matters least in life?” the majority of those polled by the Gallup organization chose “being faithful to my religion” as one of the two least important things.

www.gallup-international.com...

Declining confidence in organized religion is paralleled by a loss of confidence in the Bible.

In one international survey, respondents were asked whom or what they relied upon when it came to knowing what is morally right. The vast majority cited personal experience. “God’s word was a very distant second,” says the survey report.

Little wonder that values are changing for the worse! A lack of a moral compass, along with an increasing emphasis on materialistic goals and selfish individualism, has promoted a culture of greed and indifference to the feelings of others.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I agree with the OP. I was a Christian for over 30 years, went to bible school, and even worked for a televangelist. I can tell you that it simply does not work as advertised! I saw no victory over sin and addictions, but mainly a reinforcing of those behaviors. I will also tell you that just about every religious institution that I belonged to was strangely similar to the dysfunctional home in which I was raised (trust me, I know what the signs are!).

Does not anyone who is a Christian ask themselves the question as to why a sovereign God would only "speak" for only a sliver of time (and space) - i.e., the biblical era? And also you should ask why such a God would have a document recorded which needs to be put together via hearsay, councils, popes, etc. etc.

Anyone who has studied the bible and the original languages (such as I did) would immediately see the problems involved in expecting that a sovereign loving God which produce such a document so riddled with holes and contradictions - and then expect people to swallow it hook line and sinker or go to hell!

Also, I get so sick of hearing about "Christian persecution." What a bunch of victims these Christians have become! Try to be an agnostic or atheist in the South where I live and you will see some persecution (better not put it on your job application!).

Finally, the support of the Christian community at large in this president as he instituted torture and warfare, sold out to the major corporations and oil, and neglected the environment was the nail in the coffin so far as any further involvement by me in American Christianity!

[edit on 26-8-2008 by whatsup]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

odd, you claim we have been in the GT for "quite some time", but I think if these events would have happened we'd have known about it.

Actually all of these events have been taking place. No where does it say that it would be literal. We have been living in the roughest time known to mankind for about a century.

You are interpreting all through your lens, they are very possibly the wrong lens!

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

I hope I have not offended anyone with my posts, This is a subject that I feel passionately about. In my opinion the pagan trinity doctrine is one of the greatest conspiracies in religion.

I humbly apologize to the OP for going so far off Topic, especially since this subject has been discussed so many times on ATS.

Please read my thread on the cross! Of course they go hand in hand. I too have researched a lot of my life on these pagan subjects, but we have to let be - be.

Yes, I did not want this thread to go down this fanatical road. This particular end of Christianity is fanatical and shows more intolerance and at times more ignorance.

I am no longer part of religion or Christianity for this very reason! I no longer even consider myself Christian. It is too narrow and too focused on "being right" regardless of evidence.

The fact that there is not love amongst any of them, and I mean all, is a sure sign that they do not have Gods blessing or support, or that they are even followers of Christ. It is all in name only, and the religion along with their doctrine, has become their God.

It is no wonder that the Bible at some point, lost Gods interest! We can say the same with religion (all religion).

The irony of it all is this (and I have said this before on ATS): all of you would call Jesus the Anti-Christ if he did indeed ever make an appearance here again on earth. He would not fit the profile and that would be enough to put you all over the edge!

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MatrixProphet

odd, you claim we have been in the GT for "quite some time", but I think if these events would have happened we'd have known about it.

Actually all of these events have been taking place. No where does it say that it would be literal. We have been living in the roughest time known to mankind for about a century.

You are interpreting all through your lens, they are very possibly the wrong lens!

Those things never happened yet. Israel wasn't a nation with Jerusalem as her capital until 1967.

An the tribulation is Daniel's 70th week, meaning 7 literal Jewish (360 day) years. 1,260 days then comest the abomination of desolation then another 1,260 days.

What begins the "Great" Tribulation is Israel signing the 7 year "peace" deal that lets her begin sacrifices on the Temple mount.

None of these things have happened yet. In fact, there hasn't been a temple since 70 A.D.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Yes, I did not want this thread to go down this fanatical road. This particular end of Christianity is fanatical and shows more intolerance and at times more ignorance.
I am no longer part of religion or Christianity for this very reason! I no longer even consider myself Christian. It is too narrow and too focused on "being right" regardless of evidence.

And YOUR religion is 'open-minded' and tolerant of every viewpoint without regard to truth?

The fact that there is not love amongst any of them, and I mean all

The ONLY TRULY loving (deep love without ulterior motives) people I have ever met are Christians.
The problem is with the fence sitters who are the first you meet, when you attend church and they are grumpy!

It is no wonder that the Bible at some point, lost Gods interest! We can say the same with religion (all religion).

No, it and we (religious people) haven't lost His interest.
It's the CONTINUAL bombardment of atheists and others that can be tiresome to many
Christians.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsup

Thank you, I starred you!

I will also tell you that just about every religious institution that I belonged to was strangely similar to the dysfunctional home in which I was raised (trust me, I know what the signs are!).

Ditto!! I too, studied many religions and was considered a junior scholar. By the time I was 8 I was speaking in front of audiences, by 15 I had read the Bible from cover to cover and was dissecting it verse by verse, by 17 I was defending my faith in a room of pastors, rabbis, & priests, just me alone, with an audience. Then by the time I was a young adult I did missionary work and continued to read the Bible from cover to cover many more times.

Once I recovered '
' and gained wisdom to know the difference, I started to see the sickness in its members. Religion over all attracts those who like to hide out in religion. It attracts the sickest people because they can do performance to cover over their sins. This is why it is festered with; pedophilia, alcoholism, and performance and control addicts. I know because I learned the deepest secrets in working with them.

And also you should ask why such a God would have a document recorded which needs to be put together via hearsay, councils, popes, etc.

Ditto! It doesn't match the God that I have come to know.

Anyone who has studied the bible and the original languages (such as I did) would immediately see the problems involved in expecting that a sovereign loving God which produce such a document so riddled with holes and contradictions - and then expect people to swallow it hook line and sinker or go to hell!

Thank you! Yes, the obvious is in front of our eyes. So then who is wrong? Is it possible that Christians have been duped?

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Christians are still human and Jesus knows that.
It sounds like you have been very busy, but have not really met Him.
Pedophilia, alcoholism and other stuff is in a few churches, because PEOPLE go there.
pedos like to go where the children are.
(If you had met Jesus, you would look past man and his failings, towards G-d.)

[edit on 26-8-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

And YOUR religion is 'open-minded' and tolerant of every viewpoint without regard to truth?

Sweetie, I am not part of any religion. My post above clarified that. I am a strong spiritual person who believes in Jah and his son. But I am no longer Christian. It has been diluted and twisted and torn apart. I do not believe that there is any semblance of a Christ like belief, or group on earth.

This being said, I do know that many Christians love God. Unfortunately, with most, their God is: religion. Evidence that with the lack of willingness on everyone's part (with exceptions) to even be willing to reason on knowledge in these forums.

Most devout Christians on these threads are unwavering in their pushing, and just as unwilling to be open to learn. These threads, including mine, is evidence of this.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

Pleeeese, you are sounding typically self-righteous, and are showing contempt prior to investigation.

I have a deep abiding love and relationship with Jah and Jesus. I don't need the crutch of religion to prove it or to show it!

And you would be very wrong in thinking that religion is not permeated with sick and at times very deviate people. At the very least...dysfunctional followers.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Again, as long as you use your own frame of reference you will be unable to see the truth if it were in front of your eyes. Most spiritual truths are not even recorded.

There is a very significant reason why the "thief in the night" was used as an illustration. It has a far reaching message that goes beyond what is recorded and in essence is a clue or a riddle that would blind the masses to the actual truth. But it needs to be understood - spiritually, not with religious academia.

You are not getting this message or deep understanding from religion because religion is too bogged down in their thinking, and in recruitment/membership strides, and the marketing of God "as seen in your eyes."

Step beyond your limited thinking, and be willing to listen, you might glean some interesting information (if God feels you are ready for it!).

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I could no longer call myself a Christian from the day I discovered that the whole story had been plagiarised from Egypt and that ancient myths had been used to control the Roman Empire. I didn't leave it there, I wanted to know more and find out the origin of each part of the myth. So I dug deeper and have found most of the answers. On top of that I soon realised how much rotten evil lies below the supposedly good surface.

A joke that was circulating late last year on the Net says it all. A rich man died and has to decide upon heaven or hell. The Devil shows him Hell and here he finds many of his old friends living the life of Riley in a beautiful green land. Upstairs it is just pure boredom. So he opts for Hell. But when he gets there the scene has changed. Now there is nothing but hell fires and his friends are scavenging in rubbish. Naturally astonished at the change he asks the Devil why it was so good the day before. The Devil smiles and says yesterday we were campaigning. Today you voted.

I accept that there is some higher intelligence that is spiritually good, but this being the case there has to be an opposite and there are dark forces at play. I haven't the slightest doubt that when an adherent becomes fanatical then he or she has been influenced by something very evil. Ask yourself if it is good to use a symbol that is an execution instrument. When crossing oneself just which god are you calling upon? Examine the history of the Church and it is one long tale of horror, death and torture. I also have no doubt that many are still good natured, but they are playing with fire.

My research led me to learn Egyptian and to read the glyphs. The result was absolutely astonishing. I found out exactly who the patriarchs were, and the evidence proving some identities just cannot be faulted. Most of my findings are in my pages 'Bible Origins in Egypt', but a lot can also be studied in "Tears In Heaven" by Ian Ross Vayro - published by Joshua Books on the Sunshine Coast. His first two books "They Lied to us at Sunday School" and "God Save Us From Religion" dig deep into biblical contradictions and errors and are often nothing less than hilarious.

The word Christ does not mean annointed. This misunderstanding took place a long time ago. It comes from the Egyptian word KRST which appears on many Egyptian coffin. It means 'BURIED'. Since mummies were embalmed with annointing oils, people began to refer to them not as the buried, but as the annointed.

If one still wants to belong to an ancient relgion then the old Egyptian IOSA - origin of the name JESUS and still used in Gaelic - is still around, though it is not a belief of my choice. All living kings were believed to be the Ever Coming Son, Iosa, hence the idea of the divinity of kings. However King David Junior was probably the king that gave rise to the resurrection story. Today people just call him Tut. His father was Salim Amen - Solomon. The Egyptian Jesus was David and James (Iah Ms) hence the need for scribes to try and prove that he was descended from Solomon.

During the last eighteen months I found that Cain and Abel were not only Egyptian kings as well but their names are in old Irish legends as is Iosa, the Duat and the god/goddess Tatanen. I feel certain that there is still much more to be found.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Christianity is breaking down from within. I was always taught that religion and especially Christianity would be attacked by the outside world and would suffer great persecution by non-believers and that this would bring down religion or at least make it very difficult for it to remain out in the open. Those believing would have to "stand strong in the faith."

Christianity is a religion nothing more.

It is no different than anyone of the thousands of religions that are here now, or have been in the past.

Why do people always assume that there is some underlying truth with regard to a religion, usually their own?

What if God is real, but He has nothing to do with religion of any kind, Christianity or otherwise?

Why would an all knowing, all powerful, everywhere present creator, want us to have a religion anyway?

All religion, no matter what it is called, is nothing more than the work of the empty hearted, the men among us who have no conscience.

Religion as defined today by both the secular and non-secular alike, is part of what the bible calls the mystery of lawlessness.

Religions are built and run by men who think they are a law unto themselves.

From time to time individuals outside of all religion succeed in believing God, and learning to tap into the power and ability God provides for life and living by the law of faith.

The power of God is clearly and plainly evidenced in the lives of these individuals, by signs miracles and wonders.

Healing the sick, raising the dead, preforming marvels on earth and in heaven, which things men speak about from the day they are witnessed until the end of the ages.

Signs from God, by the performing of supernatural miraculous power, are done by the hands of true believers, showing clearly and evidently for all to see that God is with them, that He hides from no man.

True men of God like this have risen up out from every generation and age, from all religious backgrounds, political situations, races, out from the ranks of the rich, the poor, and in every nation on earth.

God has made of all people one blood.

Take Abraham for an example of a man who believed God outside of the religion in which he would have grown up in or knew of, and which would have been recognized by the overwhelming majority at the time to hold the truth, just as today in the USA Christianity is recognized by the overwhelming majority to hold the truth of God.

Abraham would have been more a less a pagan, from the worshipers of Moloch, where they did human sacrifices.

What does the bible say of Abraham, was he Christian, Muslim, Jew, or none of the above?

Does it say He was a man of religion or faith?

Heb 11:8

By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

End:

It was by faith not by religion.

True men of God walk with God in faith and in fact, not in religious fiction.

This is why Abraham is called the father of all that believe, not the father of all who would be religious.

It is all done by faith.

Faith does not care what religion you may or may not have, and neither does God.

God only asks that you believe, and only the individual person can do that, so it doesn't matter what someone else believes or what they may think the truth is or is not, what others believe or don't believe is meaningless, but that is the main concern of the religious now isn't it?

Only the individual can believe for themselves, and only the individual can know what is the truth that they should believe, because it must come directly from God Himself to that individual in living time while it counts.

1. Immorality is taking many members out, so it becomes difficult to maintain the guidelines that many Christian beliefs stand by.

Morality and immorality are of the flesh, there is nothing of God in them, so what difference does it make between God and a man how moral or immoral others are, or even ones self?

True believers do not live by discipline to a moral code of conduct, they live by faith, which has absolutely nothing to do with human morality or immorality.

2. Societal views and influence. It is no longer "cool" in many of the eyes of society to be religious so it casts doubt on the believer.

Here again you assume that being a believer and being religious have something in common.

Have you ever read the bible?

Were the people who are described in the bible as believers, religious in anyway?

God is repulsed by religion it is an abomination, you can pour perfume on it by calling it something bible sounding like Christian, but it will always be puke to God.

3. There are countless different Christian views that play a big part in dividing the Christian masses and the adage; "We have the Truth and you are misguided!"

The double minded are unstable, they are also the majority of the human race and always have been.

That is why we are told by revelation in the book of revelations that humanity is going to kill itself off, so we want waist a lot of time trying to right the wrongs or be a part of the problem, this world is none of our concern.

Believes should focus on the kingdom that is not of this world, but of the one to come, that is where righteousness is going to abide, not here..

Die to this world to live to God or live to this world to die to God.

Since God has no religion then I would say the Christian masses are better off having differing views, it means there is a better chance a few of them could see the light before they die.

4. Many are leaving religion because of the hypocrisy that one views while as a member.

Hypocrisy is intrinsic to the human condition, like crime.

There is nowhere you can go to escape hypocrisy, without dying or being changed first, and everyone knows that to be the case, regardless of what they may say in public, because we are all humans and hypocrites.

The people who think they aren't a hypocrite are the problem.

No matter where we go we will never escape the lies we tell ourselves, in the words of Paul of Tarsus; O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me out of this death-burdened body?

5. Many leave Christianity and other religions for that matter, to search for more accurate truth.

I doubt that, we all know where the truth can be found at anytime.

All of us instinctively understand that our unique, personal, real time truth between us and our God, is all the truth there really is in the end.

For that reason we spend the majority of our life running away from our truth, not searching for it so we can face up to it.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Malankhkare

I, too know of MANY similarities in religions.
Because false religions have the same Mother.
You may find this helpful;
The Child in Egypt

Jesus was the anointed Messiah of the old testament, before He was the Christ of the New Testament.

Messiah;
mashiyach
Pronunciation
mä·shē'·akh (Key)

Part of Speech
masculine noun
Root Word (Etymology)
from H4886
TWOT Reference
1255c
Outline of Biblical Usage
1) anointed, anointed one
a) of the Messiah, Messianic prince
b) of the king of Israel
c) of the high priest of Israel
d) of Cyrus
e) of the patriarchs as anointed kings

Authorized Version (KJV) Translation Count — Total: 39
AV — anointed 37, Messiah 2
Gesenius's Lexicon (Help)

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Thomas Paine (1737-1809), The Age of Reason, 1794/5

The creation is the bible of the deist. Man there reads in the handwriting of the creator himself the certainty of his existence, the immutability of his power ... All other bibles and testaments are to him forgeries.

The Christian Mythologists tell us, that Christ died for the sins of the world, and that he came on purpose to die. Would it not then have been the same if he had died of a fever or of the small-pox, of old age, or of anything else?

Whenever we read the obscene stories, the voluptuous debaucheries, the cruel and torturous executions, the unrelenting vindictiveness, with which more than half the Bible is filled, it would be more consistent that we called it the word of a demon, than the word of God. It is a history of wickedness, that has served to corrupt and brutalize mankind; and, for my part, I sincerely detest it, as I detest everything that is cruel.

I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish church, by the Roman church, by the Greek church, by the Turkish church, by the Protestant church, nor by any church that I know of. My own mind is my own church.
All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit.

The story of the angel announcing what the church calls the immaculate conception is not so much as mentioned in the books ascribed to Mark and John; and is differently related in Matthew and Luke. The former says the angel appeared to Joseph; the latter says it was to Mary; but either Joseph or Mary was the worst evidence that could have been thought of, for it was others that should have testified for them, and not they for themselves. Were any girl that is now with child to say, and even to swear it, that she was gotten with child by a ghost, and that an angel told her so, would she be believed? Certainly she would not. Why, then, are we to believe the same thing of another girl, whom we never saw, told by nobody knows who, nor when, nor where? How strange and inconsistent it is, that the same circumstance that would weaken the belief even of a probable story, should be given as a motive for believing this one, that has upon the face of it every token of absolute impossibility and imposture! ... This story is upon the face of it, the same kind of story as that of Jupiter and Leda, or Jupiter and Europa, or any of the amorous adventures of Jupiter...

Whence arose all the horrid assassinations of whole nations of men, women, and infants, with which the Bible is filled, and the bloody persecutions and tortures unto death, and religious wars, that since that time have laid Europe in blood and ashes- whence rose they but from this impious thing called revealed religion, and this monstrous belief that God has spoken to man? The lies of the Bible have been the cause of the one, and the lies of the Testament of the other.

Of all the systems of religion that ever were invented, there is none more derogatory to the Almighty, more unedifying to man, more repugnant to reason, and more contradictory in itself, than this thing called Christianity. Too absurd for belief, too impossible to convince, and too inconsistent for practice, it renders the heart torpid, or produces only atheists and fanatics. As an engine of power it serves the purpose of despotism; and as a means of wealth, the avarice of priests; but so far as respects the good of man in general, it leads to nothing here or hereafter.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Thank you! Yes, the obvious is in front of our eyes. So then who is wrong? Is it possible that Christians have been duped?

Well, it's not a completely yes or no answer as sometimes we dupe ourselves with our anthropomorphic tendencies. It would take me pages to explain why I no longer believe in the Christian bible (literally). Also, while I believe in the historic Jesus, the real story is buried so deep that it would be near impossible to reconstruct it from the few unreliable sources which we have today. It would be like trying to peel back the layers from an onion; When you think you are down to it, there's still more layers! An intelligent mind would inquire as to how a loving God could require such an impossible endeavor of us mortals.

Actually, the OT is much more meticulously written (the Law) because the Jewish scribes were incredibly detailed in their recording thereof. Of course, I don't subscribe completely to it's teachings, but I do think it was not sloppily put together like the NT - and is validated/corroborated by the ancient scrolls etc.

As I previously mentioned, the big problem for me is; Why would a sovereign God restrict the revelation of himself (exclusively) to one tiny sliver of time and geography and then just "wink out?" I mean come on and have the courage to think people, it just doesn't "float." Whatever God is, he/it is not exclusive to ANYONE!

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Please read my thread on the cross! Of course they go hand in hand. I too have researched a lot of my life on these pagan subjects, but we have to let be - be.

Your thread on the cross was very interesting. I agree that it is indeed a pagan symbol.

The Encyclopedia Americana, , speaks of “its ancient usage by both Hindus and Buddhists in India and China, and by the Persians, Assyrians, and Babylonians.” Similarly, Chambers’s Encyclopaedia, (1969 edition) says that the cross “was an emblem to which religious and mystical meanings were attached long before the Christian era.”

Indeed, there is no evidence that early Christians used the cross in their worship. During the early days of Christianity, it was the pagan Romans who used the cross!

Says The Companion Bible: “These crosses were used as symbols of the Babylonian sun-god . . . and are first seen on a coin of Julius Caesar, 100-44 B.C., and then on a coin struck by Caesar’s heir (Augustus), 20 B.C.” The Roman nature-god Bacchus was at times represented with a headband containing a number of crosses.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Hey, Sparky. Long time no see. I hope you don't mind me stepping in here on your conversation with another member but I just got done debating this in the debate forum.

I took some time to read your debate thread and I am truly impressed with your
conversational skills and your grasp of the subject.

It is indeed refreshing to discuss sensitive matters involving faith and cherished beliefs without the lack of civility that is so common.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join