It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity is Imploding!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by MatrixProphet

Well christianity might well be imploding.

Example 587: www.abovetopsecret.com...

LOL! That's funny!

Ooops. One line post!

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Amaterasu

^^^ That's the Illuminati. Rothschild made his fortune this way.

Agreed. The question to ask is... Who is behind the Illuminati...?

They listen to their "spirit guides". We Christians call these "spirit guides" demons.

So in essence, they listen to Satan. In fact, Satanism and Luciferianism is their religion.

Would you like to see some quotes from Albert Pike?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Oh I gotta chime in on this one here!!!!

U see I am a Christian Mystic, and why do I use this label??? Because I followed/follow the teachings of Christ and they led my to direct Mystical transcendent realities, i.e. Spiritual Enlightenment. It was as if I was given the red pill in the matrix and can see behind the curtain of reality.

There is no way out of Christianity for me and many others like myself who have experienced and still do the Divine realities and infinite Love that comes from God.

Dogma has always been around. There was in the year 1054 something called the great schism between the Mystic way and the dogmatic way. The dogmatic way became the Roman Catholic Church which influenced western Christianity. So most of the things you see and here are dogma, but whth discernment you can still find preachers and churches where the Divine Holy Spirit is alive and working!!!!!

All the reasons you've given for the imploding of Christianity have been given for hundreds of years and even famous Marxist communists predicted the destruction of Christianity in Russia and Europe. Guess what!!!!! It's still there stronger than ever.

The stuff going on within the Church is mostly emotions due to music, but God is beyond emotions and beyond music. So people like yourself, the author of the OP, I presume have given it a shot, tried it out, half assedly, and came away with nothing form it. If my assumption is wrong, I ask forgiveness.

But this half-assed approach to God has always gone on and skeptics and doubters have always come out of it. To find God, you have o give all of yourself over to God.....then the doors of the infinite unlock.

And the reason no one will ever be able to get rid of Christianity...... is because the true Christians who are indwelled with the Spirit of God and have Enlightenment...... these are the foundations of what this truth and way of life is all about. Get rid of the skeptics, the doubters, those that fight against other denominations, the dogmatists, the fundamentalists, the emotionalists, and what do you have left over????

You will have a small tiny handful of individuals that are in Union and Enlightenment with God. I'm not talking about faith.....faith is for babies, including baby Christians new to the way. What I'm talking about is knowing 100% through direct experience that God is real as is Jesus.

In this handful that knows 100% that Jesus is real...... that is all you would ever need on this planet to re-inflame the rest of the world into this way.

I would bet my soul, my family, all my belongings, money, car, friends, life that this way will never die no matter what anyone thinks.

This is real life, and transcendent beyond logic and reason way of life. All I can do is love others and have compassion, especially for topics and the authors of such topics as these. It stirs the flame in my soul that I have for the Love of God and makes me realize how much harder I have to pray and speak to people to shake them out of their adamic (naturalistic nature) so they can transcend this B.S. form of life the majority lives.

I still sin, but its been minimized to the smallest of degrees to how I used to be, and I just sit back and let the Spirit of God within me do all the work and point out all the faults and how to continue with the minimization of sin. But you wouldnt understand any of this because those that dont have the Spirit think all of this is foolishness anyway so your in a self perpetuating mental trap.

Everything you said in this OP is relative-earthly-temporary truth. As the great Russian socioligist Sorokin said that these things in cycles will all play themselves out, including what you posted. However my dear friend, the truths and transcendent realities of God are timeless, they are not bound by change, time, influence, or anything else that affects the things you posted about. And these unchangeable truths/realities are the only permanence in a temporary world of temporay earthly existences. So with that said, what do you really think will outlast what?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

well stated...I will allways be seeking true discernment, and that god gives each of us true wisdom. and I prey for you all.....GOOD NIGHT

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

give me undeniable proof of Jesus' existence, and his divinity other than a religious text, please and thank you.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by aftershocklegend

Ok, now you’re talking. Indeed God did raise up evil governments to punish the disobedient as well, so was Paul disobedient? Is that why he died in that Roman prison? Were all the prophets and apostles who were beaten and killed disobedient to God? Jeremiah did just as God instructed, and nearly died in the slime pit for his trouble. Joseph spent years in prison for doing the right thing. It's not so cut and dried is the point I'm trying to make here. Time and chance happen to all men. I’m not saying to ignore the sins of the individual, but don’t make excuses for evil in government either. Government has far more potential for harm than any individual as history shows, and at least in the USA, God has given us the ability to do something about it. We shouldn’t throw our responsibility to keep government in check on God.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I thought this was the normal evolution of religions...they always *die* out...except some parts are melded together pick and choose a few other things here and there *bam* new religion....only problem is...with the scrutiny of todays society and the global information etc...its going to be a tad harder for some scholars to sit in a room,write a book and proclaim it the word of a *new* God...The One you didnt hear about...

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   

One of the children that I created is dying, he needs a liver transplant, my only beotten son who is also me offers his liver and sacrifices his life to save my child.

My child is put on a guilt trip, he was given no choice as whether to accept the sacrifice and his liver defect he inherited from me at birth.

My only begotten son which is also me is immortal and cannot die.

What sacrifice has actually been made ?

What a truly messed up repugnant belief system christianity appears to be.

It is amazing , the Aboriginals of Australia had a very peaceful existance for over 40000 years without the abhorrant christian religion. The only thing they needed saving from was the predominantly christian white man.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
I still sin, but its been minimized to the smallest of degrees to how I used to be, and I just sit back and let the Spirit of God within me do all the work and point out all the faults and how to continue with the minimization of sin. But you wouldnt understand any of this because those that dont have the Spirit think all of this is foolishness anyway so your in a self perpetuating mental trap.

You have an interesting post here, and I thank you for it. Although I have great respect for the true words of Jesus, I do not attach any deeper Godhood to his being than to yours or mine, of course. It would seem that he often implied that we are all what he was... But that is my Universe.

My question to you is... Given that so many things have been called "sin," from adultery to homosexuality to eating shellfish, I wonder what "sin" is in your book. I, of course, believe we are all born "sinless" and have an opportunity to develop, making things better through the Love we bring forth, or making things worse, through a stoppage of that well-spring.

Sometimes life can make it difficult to know how to open that well-spring. Especially for those who start life unwanted (thus the more lives who start unwanted, the lower the percentage of humans bringing forth Love; being as I have chosen to listen to the words of many Gods relative to when the soul joins the body - including the God of the Bible as He instructed in the Talmud - which is "at first breath," in my Universe, there is no issue with abortion, as it lowers the percentage of unwanted humans who most often have issues bringing forth Love).

But Love begets Love, and if we ensured that every child received tangible Love, above all other needs, we would easily have heaven on earth.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

reply to post by Amaterasu

^^^ That's the Illuminati. Rothschild made his fortune this way.

Agreed. The question to ask is... Who is behind the Illuminati...?

They listen to their "spirit guides". We Christians call these "spirit guides" demons.

So in essence, they listen to Satan. In fact, Satanism and Luciferianism is their religion.

Would you like to see some quotes from Albert Pike?

Perhaps a U2U...? Not wanting to go too far off topic, I will just say that we a-religious call these "spirit guides" Grays. But that is likely for a different forum on a different topic. [smile]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by badmedia

give me undeniable proof of Jesus' existence, and his divinity other than a religious text, please and thank you.

Google "Secular evidence for Jesus Christ".

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
It stirs the flame in my soul that I have for the Love of God and makes me realize how much harder I have to pray and speak to people to shake them out of their adamic (naturalistic nature) so they can transcend this B.S. form of life the majority lives. reply to post by dominicus

What is it with you deluded people ? If you want to go and shake something , shake a tree dude.

Keep your BS deluded beliefs to yourself until asked, quite frankly if you were up close and personal to me and made that statement about shaking, you would in all probability get a slap in the swede.

I'm begining to understand why the romans chose to round up the christians and do away with them.
Not out of vindictiveness it would seem but because OF the never ending "I AM right" and you should believe what I belive, is like having one of those stupid little dogs constantly yapping at your ankles.

As much as you love dogs you just want to stomp over its never ending yapping head, and shut the god damned thing up once and for all.

Your religion has a very long history of murder torture, infanticide ,genocide, rape , polygami, hatred, intolerence, homophobia,
mental cruelty, animal cruelty , slavery, extortion, pedophilia and on,

The german people look at the actions of their forebears and aknowledge the fact that they were dispicable repugnant and shameful.
They do not try to change history to excuse the barbaric nature of their former leaders and also their ancestors who believed everything they were told and followed the party line.

The actions of the god of the bible are fortunately "FICTICIOUS", but the actions of the deluded followers in the name of these gods have not been.

The christian religion that believes and follows the contradictory convoluted nonsence of the bible is -

" A DELUDED ABOMINATION ON EARTH"

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

You know... Although I find the "I am right and if you don't believe as I do you will go to hell" routine a bit repugnant, I don't find it constructive to attack back.

Turn the other cheek, smile and respect them for their beliefs. Just simply say, No thank you.

Your attack says less of them and more of you, I believe.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Point taken nice post, I gave you a star

Turn the other cheek, smile and respect them for their beliefs. Just simply say, No thank you. reply to post by Amaterasu

I can respect someones beliefs all well and good, but only to the point where that belief system poses a threat to my way of life or that of my children.

An example- I do my very best to keep my children far awy from religions for obvious intelligent reasons.

However if christians had their way (which their trying very hard to do) my children would go to school and be taught how the world was created in 6 days and other such rubbish., this is just the tip of the iceberg.

The fight is on for the hearts and minds of my children, I didnt start the fight I didnt open my mouth first, I did not say to the world that it should bow down and operate to the laws of Moocowman, I dont try to inflict my beliefs upon other peoples children.

The line that is drawn in the sand has not been drawn by someone who has no belief to inflict upon others. But those with no beliefs will step up to the line to protect their non beliefs.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

An example- I do my very best to keep my children far awy from religions for obvious intelligent reasons.

Could you present your opinions without an appeal to authority or appeal to ridicule undertones?

Some of the most brilliant men in the history of the world believed in God and Christianity. So it's horribly conceited and arrogant to say that those of us who do aren't "intelligent". My I.Q. is 141.

I'm a Christian, and I wholeheartedly reject evolution.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien

No, Christianity is not imploding, although I wish it would. It has stood strong for 2,000 years through various persecutions, scandals, even debunkings. So do not expect it to implode.

I must beg to differ. I used to be a church consultant and have been to well over a thousand churches of all denominations and interviewed over a thousand pastors and Priests. In total candor and have received information most will never be privy to. I am a Reverend and they all BS with me because I am "one of the boys".

It is not only imploding but it is dieing faster than its growth. The Mega-church craze will finally transform it completely into something strange you will not recognize.

The truth hurts but you cannot wish it away.

Edit to add: The person that posted above me reminded me because of a post he made on another thread and I wanted him to understand something.

Walking the walk and thinking the thoughts of Jesus is the way..not making him a false God.

God is God...Jesus was a great teacher.

[edit on 25-8-2008 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Adolf Hitler was a very intelligent man, however his insistance upon imposing his beliefs upon other people with different or no beliefs, ultimatly proved him to be a lot less than intelligent.

Those who followed him of their own volition were probably equally intelligent but I'm sure their successors would now argue that point.

The millions of innocents who perished because of a belief system imposed upon them did not have the benefit of hindesight or an arena such as ATS to voice their distain.

We can all get along on this planet quite fine, as long as we dont try to get other people to,live like us or think like us.

If the Jesusgod or the allah god or zeus or anyone of the pantheon of gods that man has been indocrtinated to cringe before, has something to say then it can say it to everyone of us directly and convincingly without malice or fear.

If I cannot speak directly to my own son I'm not a father, and if I insist that my son try to impose my will upon others on my behalf I'm abhorrant.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

I'd appreciate more info on this mega church thing please

thanks

quite a nice post by the way

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by aftershocklegend
Sorry it's here to stay. God controls all Governments Including the U.S.A,

Actually Satan controls all governments, including the USA.
When Satan appeared to Jesus in the Wilderness to tempt him, he offerred Jesus all the Kingdoms of the world, in return for one act of worship.

JEeus did not deny that Satan was in a position to offer these to him. Jesus did not quote any scripture stating that God controlled the goverments.

Also too. Satan is called, "The God of the System of Things"
The Bible also reveals that superhuman forces are manipulating the affairs of men.
“The whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.” (1 John 5:19)

“We have a wrestling, not against blood and flesh, but against . . . the world rulers of this darkness, against the wicked spirit forces in the heavenly places.” (Eph. 6:12)

“Expressions inspired by demons . . . go forth to the kings of the entire inhabited earth, to gather them together to the war of the great day of God the Almighty.”—Rev. 16:14.

Given the corrupt nature of all Governments it is clear that God is not controlling them.

that is why Jesus taught his followers at MAtthew chap 6 to pray for Gods Kingdom, that according to Daniel 2:44, would crush all existing kingdoms and establish itself for time indefinate.

[edit on 25-8-2008 by Sparky63]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Moocowman,
When I say to shake people out of their slumbers.....I say this because I had to be shaken out of my own slumber before I knew and experienced that truth that is God. I don't say that my way is right and I'm better than you....if anything I realized just how much worst I am than most people with all the crap I used to do.

Oh man if I was near you and you slapped me, I would LOVE that to suffer for the sake of speaking about God. I would immediately turn to you my other cheek for slapping, kill me while your at it....I dont mind, I no longer fear death but look forward to it. I have no fear not even if you came with 50 of your friends!!!!!

Romans wanted to do away with Xtians because their standards of paganism, orgies, drunkeness, murders, and other regular way of life was comming to a an end = change and people fear change. Same thing happened in communist countries, when they feared how communism began to crumble, they just outright killed anyone who spoke out against communism to protect the old outdated ways.

My way of life is not religion. My way of life is transcendent realities of Jesus, divine truth, God in every breath, every day life, all my senses are multiplied times 100, new mental faculties that go beyond mere logic and reason and calling people yapping dogs. I love all people including you yourself and I would sacrifice my own life for yours if a car was to hit you or your house was burning....I would get your whole family out even if it meant I had to die even if I knew you called me a yapping dog and wanted to slap me. Thats how much I love you.

Religion is responsible for murders, rape, genocide, and everything else you named. Jesus is not religion. God is not religion. People and their ego's do these things not Jesus or the Bible.

That must mean you hate guns because they're used for murder. You must hate science because science made the atomic bomb and we are all living on borrowed time everyone with atomics aimed at each other with egos at the control of the big RED button. Come on man...... check your logic and reason capabilities before you try to blame Jesus for what man & religion do. Your logic here is the same wit guns and science.

If the Bible is nonsense and me being a Christian Mystic, my fellow brothers who are enlightened and everything else that has to do with this truth.... if this is all "a deluded abomination on earth".......

.....then tell me why do I have spiritual enlightenment just from reading and practicing what the Bible says? Why is it still here? Why do others still experience enlightenment??? Why do I love everyone including you yourself after receiving threats and being called names???

You cannot prove your deluded abomination remark. It is a subjective truth only to you because you have failed to "read between the lines." And guess what, according to Sorokin and many socioligists.... your mode of thinking is on the way out.... a new age of spiritual enlightenment is growing all over the world including Communist China, Cuba and countries all over the world.

My friend your outlook on me, Jesus, and Christianity is a dying breed. But I have such compassion for you and your remarks. I feel bad that you have chosen to look at the glass half empty technique to all this .... when the cause of everything you have described and attributed to CHristianity has actually been caused by human ego.

Human ego is what blocks people from seeing and realizing God. The same ego that caused all that CRAP in the name of Christianity is the same Ego you are using to call all of this a deluded abomination.

So can you see your perpetual trap???? Ego blaming ego for being ego and not realizing it. Get your ego out of the way and you will realize God.

You are not your emotions, you are not your thoughts, you are not your opinions and ideas, you are not your comments, you are not your personality, you are not your EGO, behind all of this false crap is something real that you are not yet aware of.

But it's ok.... if you say so.... I need to get slapped, killed, crushed, stomped out, destroyed. If you had your wish, then you would be left with a bunch of people who think just like you .... and in that case it would be a matter of time before you took this philosophy of stomping each other out , and would implement this on yourselves. Perpetual mental traps galore!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join