It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity is Imploding!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Just because you believe in yourself does not make you a God.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   

No thats just new age thinking...Gods ways dont change . thats just your free will

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by aftershocklegend

Just because you believe in yourself does not make you a God.

I suspect you are not getting what I am saying. [smile] That's ok. You have your dogma to reach out with; I have my Spirituality I bring forth.

If you are happy in your paradigm, then that is all that matters.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by aftershocklegend

You do realize that when Paul wrote Romans, he was sitting in a Roman dungeon for disobeying the Roman government, right? So was Paul a hypocrite, or are you misinterpreting Romans? Was the Roman gov ‘of God’ when it demanded that Paul burn incense to Caesar? Was Stalin ’of God’ when he murdered millions? Or Mao? Or Pol Pot? Hitler, etc. You might want to read Romans again, and remember that the epistles were letters written to particular congregations with particular problems. Paul knew he was to be executed and meant to make sure that there was no Christian insurrection as a result.

And yes, I agree that the ultimate justice will be in the next life, but that in no way reduces our responsibility to our families and decedents to give them a morally upright and just form of government. One that does not trample on the widow or the unjustly accused. God has given us dominion you see; it is up to us to preserve it from the servants of the enemy. You discount your own responsibility in such matters to your own eternal peril.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   

No thats just new age thinking...Gods ways dont change . thats just your free will

[shrug] I'm sure in your Universe this is true. If you are happy believing this, my help in finding happiness is not needed. That's fine. [smile]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   

actually the human mind can never comprehind what god is doing (your reply) proves this... I will stick to the bible. he made it exactly the way he wanted. our puny minds could never solve it ( our greatest wisdom is his foolishness)

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by resistor

Thats still does not debunk what i have said...and I belive I have no right to do what is wrong immoraly. I answer to the allmighty truth, I have sins
and I do my best to flee from them And ask god to give me understanding, that I do his word. and not be a stumbling block to others

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   

actually the human mind can never comprehind what god is doing (your reply) proves this... I will stick to the bible. he made it exactly the way he wanted. our puny minds could never solve it ( our greatest wisdom is his foolishness)

Wow. Given the information in the OP here... You seem to have a special line on which version might be the "true" one... I mean, you say, "I will stick to the bible. he made it exactly the way he wanted," but I wonder which version that is?

And to be frank, I'm a little dense, I guess, since I am unsure how my reply proves that "the human mind can never comprehind what god is doing..."

Please clarify.

And on that note, I must ask... If we cannot comprehend what God is doing...how can we possibly claim to understand writings we attribute to (Him/Her/It)?

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   

The bible is The living word of God It really does not matter which version you use to understand as long as God and the holy spirit are the ones bringing you the word, And you trully Belive, If you don't belive... its useless to you. You have to belive or want to belive in order for the most powerful book in creation to help you.
and your old reply proves it because that thought is of you not of the living word of God ( and dont try to say like the unbelievers do) which is oh you speek for God. Know I just understand the basics of hes deity

[edit on 24-8-2008 by aftershocklegend]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Thats still does not debunk what i have said...and I belive I have no right to do what is wrong immoraly. I answer to the allmighty truth, I have sins
and I do my best to flee from them And ask god to give me understanding, that I do his word. and not be a stumbling block to others

I wasn't trying to 'debunk' anything, I was simply debating the point you made that all gov is 'of God', and that Romans is telling us that. Perhaps if you would actually speak to the points I made. I wont' hold my breath.

edit schmedit

[edit on 24-8-2008 by resistor]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   

And to be frank, I'm a little dense, I guess, since I am unsure how my reply proves that "the human mind can never comprehind what god is doing

sorry this part you are referring to wasnt ment for you

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Im just saying in the old testament there are dozens of examples about how god brings up good people to run government to those who obay him
and destroys those who worship materialistic Gods...thats all (kinda tired)

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   

The bible is The living word of God It really does not matter which version you use to understand as long as God and the holy spirit are the ones bringing you the word, And you trully belive, If you don't belive... its useless to you. You have to belive or want to belive in order for the most powerful book in creation to help you.

Well here's the problem I have. Some versions discuss reincarnation. More recent versions do not. Older versions suggest that poisoners should not be tolerated, while in newer versions, it is a witch who is not to be suffered to live... So I am still feeling it matters which version one is using to construct one's dogma on.

Also, you make the claim that "(t)he bible is The living word of God, and I can accept that you believe that. But for me, the only reference that that is so is in the Bible. And I need more than self-referential claims before I feel any claim is valid. That's me. Your Universe may differ.

And also, I am not in need of help. I am happy; my life is abundantly filled with Love; things progress and I am able to reach out and help others. What help do I need, here in my Universe?

and your old reply proves it because that thought is of you not of the living word of God ( and dont try to say like the unbelivers do) which is oh you speek for God. Know I just understand the basics of hes deity

Well that is rather circular logic. One has to accept this "living word of God" thing for your statement to be true. In my Universe, I am God - you are God - my cat is God... All manifestations of the same thing. I know my corner of God. And in a way, I do speak "for God," but not in any authoritative way. Only from my perspective.

So really, you are not "proving" anything. You are asserting based on your understanding through your dogma. Clearly, if one takes my view, you are wrong.

I have no issues with your Universe, as long as you are happy with it. If you are unhappy, I would offer my support in finding your happiness. But I'm guessing you are quite happy.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   

And to be frank, I'm a little dense, I guess, since I am unsure how my reply proves that "the human mind can never comprehind what god is doing

sorry this part you are referring to wasnt ment for you

My apologies. It's late and THIS God is tired. LOL! You're right, of course. [smile]

EDIT to add:

Then again... This is what you wrote:

actually the human mind can never comprehind what god is doing (your reply) proves this...

You are seeming to say my reply proves that the humans mind can't comprehend what God is doing... Maybe I missed something?

[edit on 8/24/2008 by Amaterasu]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   

reply to post by JimBeam

As I said some will be among the blind. Gods ways are not from this world...without god we are evil... And in noway have you gotten what God wants to show the children of light. (remember he has the power to pick whom he wants, And Righteously so even if we dont understand it whether you debate him or not, His truth will be forever. He will not allow it to fall... If anything he will fix it in due time. But its people who fight him, by being cowards and not bowing down ( It does say cowards will be agong the first to be trown into hell. hell meaning as though you never existed...( not tortured )

I think I was the first to call you pseudo "Christians" types cowards.

Anyway, we can shout back and forth like 10 year olds, but the bottom line is evil is created by man due to his want of power and control over others. Very, very simple stuff here. The key word is control, not power.

All paths eventually lead to the same place.

Is it the elites and powerful that are in control or their cowardly servants(ie. the clergy)? So it's "God" that controls governments and corporations? WOW! Your "God" is pretty awesome dude! You bore me with the slave mentality crap. Been there done that, ain't ever going back.

I guess people do really want to be slaves, but those with true power understand that their freedom relies on the freeing of said slaves.

You haven't a clue what Jesus and others like him were trying to get across to people.

Good luck with the "Christian" thing. Hope you don't get too angry and condemn too many people to a lifetime/eternity into hell or get into a position of power where you can "save/liberate" people by killing them.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MatrixProphet

You're kinda correct, the 'great persecution' the Christians will have to endure will be after the mid-point of the 7 year tribulation. When the antichrist makes mandatory the mark of the beast and the worship of his image.

That's the time when it says "brother will betray brother, father will betray son, and son will betray father."

What starts the 7 year tribulation is when Israel signs a 7 year peace deal with the antichrist enabling them to begin constructing the 3rd temple.

Obviously we aren't at that point yet in time. We are on the doorstep though.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
And I contend that evil has to do with other things, some of which are actively promoted as "wacko" and "out there," but others are War Suppliers, who actively seek to provoke, and then supply both sides of conflict - making money hand over fist.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   

^^^ That's the Illuminati. Rothschild made his fortune this way.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MatrixProphet

Well christianity might well be imploding.

Example 587: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

^^^ That's the Illuminati. Rothschild made his fortune this way.

Agreed. The question to ask is... Who is behind the Illuminati...?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join