It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity is Imploding!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
What gets me is just about everyone in here will tell you ...The bible is BS and not the truth and written by men ..but here READ this other book It is the truth ..... ..and they are also written by men ........
The bible was written by men filled with the spirit ..other books were written by men filled with other spirits .....how can they think their book is any more truth than the bible is ?Doesnt make sense to me .............

You believe the Bible was written by men filled with the "Spirit" and other books were written by, I'm presuming you meant, BAD spirits? Correct me if I misunderstood what you meant.
Would you say that this is inspired by the Holy Spirit and in agreement with the mind of God?
Psalm 137:8-9
Oh daughter of Babylon, doomed to destruction, happy is he who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks.~

I believe much of what is written in the Bible was from the heart of wicked and greedy murderers and only some of it was inspired by God. It's like everything on this entire planet, you have to decide what is good and what is evil. Think for yourself and stop believing in a fallible book just because someone threatened you with "Hell fire" or the title of "heretic" if you don't. Let go of your fears, only then will you see the truths.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mmariebored

I believe much of what is written in the Bible was from the heart of wicked and greedy murderers and only some of it was inspired by God. It's like everything on this entire planet, you have to decide what is good and what is evil. Think for yourself and stop believing in a fallible book just because someone threatened you with "Hell fire" or the title of "heretic" if you don't. Let go of your fears, only then will you see the truths.

Ditto!!!

Thank you for your response. IMO God is very abstract. The Bible is a rule book for man but not a book for God. It was written by man for man but I believe it also has God's thumbprint on it also.

It requires one to read between the lines and stories to get an actual message. Religion is blinded by the rhetoric. If one looks, one can see the evil, and look further - one can see the good, but it goes far beyond what one has been taught. Thanks!!

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
You're welcome. Every book is like that, though, not just the Bible. Even song writers can write songs that seem to be "written by God" and on the same album, inspired by the "devil". Because we're all human...even the men who picked out the books to be kept in the canon(Bible).

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Yes well thanks very much for the advice ..
Sorry that you think I dont think for myself .

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
All religion eventually implodes because at a certain level of consciousness we know and are aware of the truth; religion is all we can do about it until the day we decide to believe it and stop pretending to ourselves.

Religion is a denial of the power of God and cannot maintain any form or system to its existence if and when God works equally in all His people.

Once you realize that religion exists to prevent and obstruct people from manifesting any real power from God then you can see why science will take its place.

Science offers people real potential power over their situation, religion offers only submission to a life of powerlessness.

Science however, though greater in my opinion than religion is limited to the natural world, a pathetic crumb by comparison to the power of God and the spirit.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
Yes well thanks very much for the advice ..
Sorry that you think I dont think for myself .

I meant "you" in general. I should have broken that up better. I can see you're thinking a LOT for yourself, that's why I commented on your post. I don't bother with posts that are clearly written in rhetoric by mindless sheep.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by For(Home)Country
reply to post by MatrixProphet

Very interesting post! Thank you very much for all your input, and the quoted texts from other authors, very interesting and insightful.

As a Christian, I witness many of the problems you have outlined. The church has become diluted, where we accept everything for fear of prosecution. Yes, the church is about accepting of those with sin, because we are all sinners, but once we give our life to Christ, our love for him will make us want to turn from our sin and repent. Yes, we may continue to sin because we are human in a sinful world, but that is what his grace is for, SINCERE repentance.

The church being full of hypocrisy is another good point. We say how much we love, and turn around and judge. It is a problem that needs to be dealt with if we want to be the real church of Christ, but unfortunately, many Christians get a "holier than thou" mentality, and think that they are without sin, thus can cast the first stone. WRONG. Essentially, Jesus was the only one who could cast the first stone, but instead, he told her "I neither will condemn you. Go, and sin no more."

But that brings me to my next point. This is where I have to disagree with you, civilly of course.

I made a post like this not to long ago.Christianity is about faith in God, and Jesus, his son who was sent to die for us, sinful humans as means for us to be with God and develop a relationship (not religion) with him. I believe that he gave us his word, through the inspiration of men writing the texts down, making what we now know as the "Bible". People often think that because we are all sinners, and imperfect, and since the bible was written by man, it must of been imperfect. Now, I am no Bible scholar, but I believe that the bible was written exactly how God wanted it. Someone who claims that the bible is false, twisted and wrong, yet claims to believe in God is heresy IMO. That is a complete lack of faith in God to begin with. God inspired the bible to be written, and it says that we need to trust in the Bible and what it says if we want to live like a Christian. The God that created us has all the power of the world in his hands, and could have complete control over any situation if he deems it suitable, and the English bible is no exception. Thousands of English reading people use to bible as one of their most powerful growing resources in Christ, I don't think a God so great would let it go flawed, and so many people that are devoted to him, would let them perish because the bible was wrong. It isn't.

But that is just my opinion. God is too great for him to let our second best learning tool aside from our relationship with him, to be altered during translation and by various other means, to completely set us along the wrong course, thinking that our relationship with him is real, when really it isn't.

Anyways, thank you again for the post. Great thread. I hope this turns out to be a good discussion we can all learn from!

I agree with what you say, you took the words right out of my mouth and just to reitierate, Its a Relationship Not a Religion. To bring it into better terms we are adopted by God, Grafted into the kingdom of God through his only begotten Son. How we live and act is a result of our relationship with God, and we all have the flesh to contend with.

Keeper

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by resistor

Amen to that.

Alex

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join