It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Quixtar? You Have to See it for Your Self... Or Look the Other Way and Run! ;)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Oh man, good stuff on putting this out essence. I too have been approached by some of these people, although I'm not sure it was Quixtar, but something like Ameribank maybe? (I can't even remember the name. that's how interested I am in it lol) Anyway, it could be very well linked to Quixtar for all I know. The point is, the EXACT same tactics are being used. However, the person who came up to me was a friend I hadn't seen for awhile. But I've just gotten this bad feeling from it and have just been avoiding it. The thing is, you have to pay 200 dollars to be "trained" and "licsenced" but AFTER you do you "get all the money back." The other thing I was told was they look for people who don't have collegiate educations or that they don't believe you need one to be successful with them. WHY WOULD THEY GO FOR THAT?

I heard ALL the same things as you Essence, about the money and being free and happy, but ironically, as I was being hounded by my own friend (and still am!) I felt the very opposite! And, because of the way I was brought up, and because of my christian faith, I KNOW money is the LAST thing that will truly make someone happy! I've never attended the meetings or classes, but I've been asked to and pressured to along with paying the 200. WHY WOULD I PAY 200 WITH KNOWING THE LITTLE I DO ABOUT THEM? Yet they expect you to.

The sad thing is, my friend only is interested in me now for my potential business and not as a friend anymore!!!! It's very unfortunate. I've been avoiding his efforts to get me to the meetings. I haven't flat out been rude, because he's my friend and I don't want to make him mad or anything. But since I haven't gone, I can sense irritation in his voice!
And let me tell you, this guy is an awesome guy, and a christian as well. I hope he gets out of this.

Speaking of christians and faith, let me say this now to any who are reading this thread. I believe that Essence was telling the truth about all the religion and faith that is tied into Quixtar, BUT PLEASE realize that their practices are such a PERVERSIONn and EXPLOITATION of christianity/catholocism/whatever other religions that they use, that it's SICK! Any REAL christian organization would NEVER get you tracked on money and desperate for it. It's the OPPOSITE of what Jesus taught people to focus on. It's not evil to become wealthy, but if that's all you live for, then your priorities are messed up, becasue wealth alone will give you CRAP in terms of happiness and fulfillment. If anything, this is a tool of evil forces. They are preying on people who look lost and who are easy targets. They then use money to invoke confidence and false contentment into them so they become drones!! And yes, people who are christians are human too and can fall for their lies, especially if they use the people's very own religion to endorse the lies! I ADVISE ALL TO STAY AWAY FROM THESE TYPES OF BUSINESSES! After Essence's story and then equating it with my experience, it seems just too decieving and dangerous. So thanks a TON for your story. I didn't realize that this was so widespread, but it seems more serious than I thought.

One last thought, the very fact that they won't advertise and want to be conspicuous about their operations and spreading should be a very clear alarm. If they are so proud of themselves, why not advertise like crazy? Because they KNOW that they grow on manipulation. They feed off of secrecy. They want to sneak up on the population. A true predator stalks in stealth and is calculative instead of gung ho and loud, otherwise the prey will be warned and get away. Please, all who read this, use this information to protect yourself from these traps AND tell your friends and family. Maybe we can help lessen the people who are sucked in by a significant amount.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
SimpleTruth, you have gotta be thinking of "Primerica," a multi-level marketing insurance organization that is infamous for cold call sales pitches and running adds for "job interviews" that are actually attempts to get you to pay (usually $199) to learn how to try and get other people to do the same thing you did. My wife got tricked into attending one of these "interviews" and tried to leave as soon as she figured out it was a scam. They physically blocked her exit so she called me on her cell phone and pretended she was actually calling the cops. I was enroute to shoot my way inside when they finally got smart to the world of #e that they were open to and got out of the way. We filed a complaint - fat lot of good it did. They are part of Citigroup and have a bit more clout than we do.

Browse around the 'net and you will find lots of similar stories to ours and rebuttals by Primerica employees, but it is always the same line: don't blame the company; blame the bad employees. Riiiight. Thankfully our state do-not-call list has squashed the telemarketing aspect. Their ads still run in the paper and they have also started emailing people based on resumes posted on monster.com and the like.

[Edited on 17-3-2004 by Spectre]

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimpleTruth
Oh man, good stuff on putting this out essence. I too have been approached by some of these people, although I'm not sure it was Quixtar, but something like Ameribank maybe? (I can't even remember the name. that's how interested I am in it lol) Anyway, it could be very well linked to Quixtar for all I know. The point is, the EXACT same tactics are being used. However, the person who came up to me was a friend I hadn't seen for awhile. But I've just gotten this bad feeling from it and have just been avoiding it. The thing is, you have to pay 200 dollars to be "trained" and "licsenced" but AFTER you do you "get all the money back." The other thing I was told was they look for people who don't have collegiate educations or that they don't believe you need one to be successful with them. WHY WOULD THEY GO FOR THAT?

I heard ALL the same things as you Essence, about the money and being free and happy, but ironically, as I was being hounded by my own friend (and still am!) I felt the very opposite! And, because of the way I was brought up, and because of my christian faith, I KNOW money is the LAST thing that will truly make someone happy! I've never attended the meetings or classes, but I've been asked to and pressured to along with paying the 200. WHY WOULD I PAY 200 WITH KNOWING THE LITTLE I DO ABOUT THEM? Yet they expect you to.

The sad thing is, my friend only is interested in me now for my potential business and not as a friend anymore!!!! It's very unfortunate. I've been avoiding his efforts to get me to the meetings. I haven't flat out been rude, because he's my friend and I don't want to make him mad or anything. But since I haven't gone, I can sense irritation in his voice!
And let me tell you, this guy is an awesome guy, and a christian as well. I hope he gets out of this.

Speaking of christians and faith, let me say this now to any who are reading this thread. I believe that Essence was telling the truth about all the religion and faith that is tied into Quixtar, BUT PLEASE realize that their practices are such a PERVERSIONn and EXPLOITATION of christianity/catholocism/whatever other religions that they use, that it's SICK! Any REAL christian organization would NEVER get you tracked on money and desperate for it. It's the OPPOSITE of what Jesus taught people to focus on. It's not evil to become wealthy, but if that's all you live for, then your priorities are messed up, becasue wealth alone will give you CRAP in terms of happiness and fulfillment. If anything, this is a tool of evil forces. They are preying on people who look lost and who are easy targets. They then use money to invoke confidence and false contentment into them so they become drones!! And yes, people who are christians are human too and can fall for their lies, especially if they use the people's very own religion to endorse the lies! I ADVISE ALL TO STAY AWAY FROM THESE TYPES OF BUSINESSES! After Essence's story and then equating it with my experience, it seems just too decieving and dangerous. So thanks a TON for your story. I didn't realize that this was so widespread, but it seems more serious than I thought.

One last thought, the very fact that they won't advertise and want to be conspicuous about their operations and spreading should be a very clear alarm. If they are so proud of themselves, why not advertise like crazy? Because they KNOW that they grow on manipulation. They feed off of secrecy. They want to sneak up on the population. A true predator stalks in stealth and is calculative instead of gung ho and loud, otherwise the prey will be warned and get away. Please, all who read this, use this information to protect yourself from these traps AND tell your friends and family. Maybe we can help lessen the people who are sucked in by a significant amount.

SimpleTruth, thank you for your response. Everything you speak of is very true. I'm sorry to hear about your friend. There are indeed very many organizations like Amway/Quixtar. It is very, very prevalent. I've noticed an increased aggressiveness in the tactics they use. Fear tactics are highly used as well as religious dogma, but it is of their own making.

You are very right when you say that they are preaching a false version of Christianity. They are no different than the televangelist on television asking for your money.

For a while I've been plotting a way to bring down such organizations but I know it is pretty much an impossibility - once one goes down, another pops up. As you say, hopefully we can lessen the amount of people joining up by getting the word out and talking about it with as many people we can. The web, as we all know, is also a good tool and seems to have had some effect - since there are a lot of websites devoted to the truth about "multi-level marketing" companies.

As for your friend, the best thing I can think of is to just sit down and have a discussion with him. Show him the websites I and robertfenix have linked. Have him read my poorly written story.
If he is truly your friend he will listen to you and your logic. Though, his decision as to what he should do is his own. Hopefully he will, after hearing you and reading up on all this, make an educated decision.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spectre
SimpleTruth, you have gotta be thinking of "Primerica," a multi-level marketing insurance organization that is infamous for cold call sales pitches and running adds for "job interviews" that are actually attempts to get you to pay (usually $199) to learn how to try and get other people to do the same thing you did. My wife got tricked into attending one of these "interviews" and tried to leave as soon as she figured out it was a scam. They physically blocked her exit so she called me on her cell phone and pretended she was actually calling the cops. I was enroute to shoot my way inside when they finally got smart to the world of #e that they were open to and got out of the way. We filed a complaint - fat lot of good it did. They are part of Citigroup and have a bit more clout than we do.

Browse around the 'net and you will find lots of similar stories to ours and rebuttals by Primerica employees, but it is always the same line: don't blame the company; blame the bad employees. Riiiight. Thankfully our state do-not-call list has squashed the telemarketing aspect. Their ads still run in the paper and they have also started emailing people based on resumes posted on monster.com and the like.

Holy crap, part of Citigroup? A "multi-level marketing" scheme backed by a bank? Damn... Although there are probably more like that, this is the first I've heard of it.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by EmbryonicEssenceHoly crap, part of Citigroup? A "multi-level marketing" scheme backed by a bank? Damn... Although there are probably more like that, this is the first I've heard of it.

Primerica
Also associated with Travellers Insurance. They will probably sue me for even mentioning them. More horror stories can be had at:
BadBusines s

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Alpine Industries, a fairly new mlm player, actually has a good product- they manufacture an air purification system that is good. It uses an ozone generator and ionizer that produce effective results. You can actually pour a little ammonia on a paper towell and hold it in the path of the air emitting from the unit, give it about 45 seconds and you will not be able to smell the ammonia on the still wet towell....
I own one and love it- however the company is in big turmoil with the feds. click on this link- and look what Big Brother caused www.alpineindustries.com... .
If I was gonna mlm this would be the product. There is no sales pitch to their close. A friend or acquaintance is actually asked to just try and evaluate the machine for 3 days. And when you go back- they want it. The company has two scales for the immediate sale. For good credit customers you recieve , from Alpine's own finance division, automatic payment of 250.00 The machine sells for 525.00- this is for an average sized unit. For bad credit customers, which they will finance...you recieve a monthly portion of the customers payment- about 10.00 to you each month. And then you have your downlines.
These machines kill organic odors...cigarette smoke is wiped out by the ozone. They actually work.
I thought about getting in with them...but we have really good air here in Alaska already. And I am already involved with the activities of my own company. But- they are very appealing. What got me interested was the results from the machine I was 'closed on'.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Hey EmbryonicEssence, have you heard of the Foley group, or Bubba Pratt? My friend tried to get me to join about a year before they changed to Quixtar. He and his wife almost got a divorce because of Amway. She didn't like the cult/church like atmosphere that "the business" had. He introduced me to several big players in "the business". I keep saying "the business" cause that's what they all called it. Never mention it's Amway was the number one rule. It made people instantly shy away from it. The only way I saw to make money in it was to be a doctor or lawyer, or independently wealthy to begin with.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by darklanser
Hey EmbryonicEssence, have you heard of the Foley group, or Bubba Pratt? My friend tried to get me to join about a year before they changed to Quixtar. He and his wife almost got a divorce because of Amway. She didn't like the cult/church like atmosphere that "the business" had. He introduced me to several big players in "the business". I keep saying "the business" cause that's what they all called it. Never mention it's Amway was the number one rule. It made people instantly shy away from it. The only way I saw to make money in it was to be a doctor or lawyer, or independently wealthy to begin with.

There are so many MLMs its hard to keep up.
The only Foley Group I found was this lighting manufacturer of the same name, www.foley-group.com...

Its a possibility that the Foley Group and Bubba Pratt you speak of might be AMOs (Amway Motivational Organization).

The only way I saw to make money in it was to be a doctor or lawyer, or independently wealthy to begin with. If you are any of those things, I'm sure you wouldn't need an MLM to suck your money from you, lol. But what you say makes total sense. You have to have money to make mony, and with an MLM I'd say that rings true. I'm sorry to hear about your friend.

You want to know something interesting? Amway/Quixtar definately qualifies as a cult. Check out the definition:

cult ( P ) Pronunciation Key (klt)
n.

a. A religion or religious sect generally considered to be extremist or false, with its followers often living in

an unconventional manner under the guidance of an authoritarian, charismatic leader.
b. The followers of such a religion or sect.

2. A system or community of religious worship and ritual.

3. The formal means of expressing religious reverence; religious ceremony and ritual.

4. A usually nonscientific method or regimen claimed by its originator to have exclusive or exceptional power in

curing a particular disease.

a. Obsessive, especially faddish, devotion to or veneration for a person, principle, or thing.
b. The object of such devotion.

6. An exclusive group of persons sharing an esoteric, usually artistic or intellectual interest.

Particularly, look at numbers 5 and 6 of the definition. The definition of what a cult is has been greatly expanded upon in dictionaries in the past few years and a group doesn't have to be religious to qualify as a cult. "Motivational" speakers of Quixtar definately use far-off religious doctrine (mostly Christian) to manipulate people into believing what they are doing will help them, and of course, many other things - so it could qualify as a religious cult. Also, people insanely idolize the "Diamonds" of the organization, its sickening. Like I said though, there are so many things that make it qualify as a cult - its amazing at what Amway/Quixtar has been able to do.

So, there you have it everyone, Amway/Quixtar is definately a cult by dictionary standards.

[Edited on 3-17-2004 by EmbryonicEssence]

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Journey
Alpine Industries, a fairly new mlm player, actually has a good product- they manufacture an air purification system that is good. It uses an ozone generator and ionizer that produce effective results. You can actually pour a little ammonia on a paper towell and hold it in the path of the air emitting from the unit, give it about 45 seconds and you will not be able to smell the ammonia on the still wet towell....
I own one and love it- however the company is in big turmoil with the feds. click on this link- and look what Big Brother caused www.alpineindustries.com... .
If I was gonna mlm this would be the product. There is no sales pitch to their close. A friend or acquaintance is actually asked to just try and evaluate the machine for 3 days. And when you go back- they want it. The company has two scales for the immediate sale. For good credit customers you recieve , from Alpine's own finance division, automatic payment of 250.00 The machine sells for 525.00- this is for an average sized unit. For bad credit customers, which they will finance...you recieve a monthly portion of the customers payment- about 10.00 to you each month. And then you have your downlines.
These machines kill organic odors...cigarette smoke is wiped out by the ozone. They actually work.
I thought about getting in with them...but we have really good air here in Alaska already. And I am already involved with the activities of my own company. But- they are very appealing. What got me interested was the results from the machine I was 'closed on'.

Thats really interesting. I'll have to look into it in more detail though.

I see that you live in, Alaska? Very cool (pun intended : ). I've always wanted to go there. Are you in a good spot to see the Aurora Borealis? If so, how many times a year would you say it's viewable on average (of course it still depends on solar activity: )?

Speaking of air purifiers, I've found that Sharper Image's line of air purifiers really do work, although I wouldn't pay for one.
They are pure markup, just like all the products they offer in their own name, and even some of the ones they don't.

[Edited on 3-17-2004 by EmbryonicEssence]

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by EmbryonicEssenceHoly crap, part of Citigroup? A "multi-level marketing" scheme backed by a bank? Damn... Although there are probably more like that, this is the first I've heard of it.

Primerica
Also associated with Travellers Insurance. They will probably sue me for even mentioning them. More horror stories can be had at:
BadBusines s

Our Mission
Primerica is in the business of changing lives. We fulfill our mission � to help families become debt free and financially independent � in a variety of ways:

Ah, one of these companies. Yeah, they'll get you debt free alright, but they will either put you in debt with them or take all your money outright.

Thanks for the links!

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Yep, that's the one! Lol, thanks for jogging my memory. That's SCARY about what happened to your wife. I'm glad she got out of there and safe too. And yep, they're part of citigroup. I think I've just had such a bad feeling about it that I blocked the names from my memory lol.

Essence, yeah, I think I'll try to talk to him and see what happens. He's insightful enough to probably come to realize the scam...hopefully. And about the fact that if we expose one mlm, others will just pop up....well, we need to just expose the TRAITS or SIGNS of ANY mlm so it doesn't matter who is behind it or if it's new or what because the people educated on it will see it for what is is. So if we can really get the word out well, it won't matter how many are out there because they all have similarities.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   
EmbryonicEssence, Alpine makes these units for residential and commercial applications. What really surprised me was when the guy took a plexiglass box, clear of course, and filled it with cigar smoke- turned it on and poof- it was gone.
I have to keep the ozone level low on my unit- too much is not good.
Alpine also has its own finance co, like I said, and I believe it is Best Investments of Johnson City, TN. They are unique if you are considering mlm. And lucrative.

As to Alaska, it has been more than cool- this winter was a real one and our daytime temps have just started to creep over 30 degrees(F). Am I ever ready for summer. Spring is overnight- seriously- the leaves alll come in on the same day or so on the trees. Still a month or so out.

We Alaskans say- There are two seasons here, winter- and almost winter.

The summers are incredible and so beautiful, but you pay for it in winter

The auroras..Ahhhhh...if you have not seen before it is a sight the first time. Just a couple weeks ago was the most increbible display I have ever seen. The whole sky was lit in all colors, and it was awesome. Sheets of reds and blues...dagger shaped....and even one that appeared as a twister style, I like these. I have seen them oh...probaly 10 times this winter where the display warranted me stopping and looking.

A new record this year- almost 360 moose kills on the highways around the area I live (Matanuska bourgh) I will be so glad when they head back up the mountains.
Hitting a moose will definetly ruin your day. Came around an icy curve about a month ago- and man o man- there was about 1200 lbs of moose standing in front of me he moved at the last possible second. its like they are on a suicide mission this winter or something.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimpleTruth

Yep, that's the one! Lol, thanks for jogging my memory. That's SCARY about what happened to your wife. I'm glad she got out of there and safe too. And yep, they're part of citigroup. I think I've just had such a bad feeling about it that I blocked the names from my memory lol.

Essence, yeah, I think I'll try to talk to him and see what happens. He's insightful enough to probably come to realize the scam...hopefully. And about the fact that if we expose one mlm, others will just pop up....well, we need to just expose the TRAITS or SIGNS of ANY mlm so it doesn't matter who is behind it or if it's new or what because the people educated on it will see it for what is is. So if we can really get the word out well, it won't matter how many are out there because they all have similarities.

Very true. They all share the same traits. I should have remembered that, I mean, I've been saying that in many of my post, lol. Lets just hope people remember what to look for.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   

EmbryonicEssence, Alpine makes these units for residential and commercial applications. What really surprised me was when the guy took a plexiglass box, clear of course, and filled it with cigar smoke- turned it on and poof- it was gone.
I have to keep the ozone level low on my unit- too much is not good.
Alpine also has its own finance co, like I said, and I believe it is Best Investments of Johnson City, TN. They are unique if you are considering mlm. And lucrative.

As to Alaska, it has been more than cool- this winter was a real one and our daytime temps have just started to creep over 30 degrees(F). Am I ever ready for summer. Spring is overnight- seriously- the leaves alll come in on the same day or so on the trees. Still a month or so out.

We Alaskans say- There are two seasons here, winter- and almost winter.

The summers are incredible and so beautiful, but you pay for it in winter

The auroras..Ahhhhh...if you have not seen before it is a sight the first time. Just a couple weeks ago was the most increbible display I have ever seen. The whole sky was lit in all colors, and it was awesome. Sheets of reds and blues...dagger shaped....and even one that appeared as a twister style, I like these. I have seen them oh...probaly 10 times this winter where the display warranted me stopping and looking.

A new record this year- almost 360 moose kills on the highways around the area I live (Matanuska bourgh) I will be so glad when they head back up the mountains.
Hitting a moose will definetly ruin your day. Came around an icy curve about a month ago- and man o man- there was about 1200 lbs of moose standing in front of me he moved at the last possible second. its like they are on a suicide mission this winter or something.

Wow, it really is true what they say, "Alaska is the last frontier!" And it still rings true.
Amazing, thats all I can say. BTW, what were the prices on the air purifying units?

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I'm sure there is an Alpine dealer close to you- they are nationwide. However, their machines sell for as little as 89$ (vehicle unit) about 500$ or so for one that will work in a decent home- up to 2500 sq feet. And then the commercial units, which I don't remember.
Ozone generators are also used for smoke damage- a lot of insurance companys actually use this technology in settling claims(smoke damage, etc.)
What is neat about the whole thing is this- you just place the unit with a client for 3 days- no pitch at all.
They were also on (Alpine) 60 mins news show- the government and others were flipping about the success of this company.
Do your research and form you're own conclusion, for sure.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 01:18 AM
link   

I'm sure there is an Alpine dealer close to you- they are nationwide. However, their machines sell for as little as 89$ (vehicle unit) about 500$ or so for one that will work in a decent home- up to 2500 sq feet. And then the commercial units, which I don't remember.
Ozone generators are also used for smoke damage- a lot of insurance companys actually use this technology in settling claims(smoke damage, etc.)
What is neat about the whole thing is this- you just place the unit with a client for 3 days- no pitch at all.
They were also on (Alpine) 60 mins news show- the government and others were flipping about the success of this company.
Do your research and form you're own conclusion, for sure.

I'm definately interested in the product.
I know for sure I don't want to sell them though.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I just found some prices:

Alpine Purifiers

Alpine Classic - $699.00 - On Sale $599.00

Alpine Breeze - $499.00
Alpine Eagle 2500 - $899.00
Alpine Eagle 5000 - $1099.00

Yow, those are out of my league right now.

www.air-purifiers-cleaners.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Just wanted to say that I'm in no way affiliated with that!

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
wow!!! very fascinating read, I had never heard of them before but i did hear of amway before.. from what I read, they do seem to be cultish, pyramid scheme type group. You know the higher uppers are the only ones making the real money. It seems to be quite a large organization too...

[reminds me of political parties, which 'sell' candidates instead of trinkets]

wonders why so many people fall into stuff like this.

[another ATS member calls them 'sheeple'......herd mind/ hive mind/ domineering types & lonely desperate types seeking contact??]

thanks for posting it.

[which brings to question? such a long & detailed analysis....may this actually be a snare?]

either a contrived 'challenge' trap/ or-> accidentally falling down 'the rabbit hole' too??

~*~...EOM

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by riffraffalunas

Originally posted by worldwatcher
wow!!! very fascinating read, I had never heard of them before but i did hear of amway before.. from what I read, they do seem to be cultish, pyramid scheme type group. You know the higher uppers are the only ones making the real money. It seems to be quite a large organization too...

[reminds me of political parties, which 'sell' candidates instead of trinkets]

wonders why so many people fall into stuff like this.

[another ATS member calls them 'sheeple'......herd mind/ hive mind/ domineering types & lonely desperate types seeking contact??]

thanks for posting it.

[which brings to question? such a long & detailed analysis....may this actually be a snare?]

either a contrived 'challenge' trap/ or-> accidentally falling down 'the rabbit hole' too??

~*~...EOM

If you're referring to me, I didn't "accidentally" fall down the rabbit hole. I planned from the beginning to do so - I have much experience with these things, originally coming from Salt Lake City, UT and all (home of many "new age" groups).
That is, if you read the whole article. I wanted to see how a large organization such as Amway/Quixtar worked and I definately saw a lot more than I thought I would.

When you say a snare? Do you mean I am trying to get people to to become interested in Amway/Quixtar and therefore entangle them in the mess? The point of my post was as a forewarning/cautionary tale to those who actually take the time to read it. I have and will never support the people who work for such organizations or the organizations themselves.

They really do screw with people's hopes and dreams. Their ability to trap you by promising your hopes and dreams will be turned into reality if you join them is the thing that draws most people to them. That and their promises of fixing your problems in life. There are other aspects but I'm sure you already know them. Don't worry though, you don't find them, they find you.
That is, if you have that "look." lol.

[Edited on 3-18-2004 by EmbryonicEssence]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join