It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012, Fractal Engineering, Does anything really happen?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I just did a Google search within ATS for "25,600 years" and only one result came up. That's pretty depressing in the sense that I feel like a lot of ATSers don't even realize what happens, astronomically, on or around Dec. 21 2012.

To sum it up quickly: The Earth and the sun(? maybe all the planets) pass through the geographic center of the milky way galaxy.

The following is my opinion, with a little bit of truth thrown in there:
I personally believe that the universe was created, built, or whatever, through fractal engineering. A fractal is "a rough or fragmented geometric shape that can be split into parts, each of which is (at least approximately) a reduced-size copy of the whole."

Everything in nature is achieved through fractal engineering. Do a google image search for "fractals in nature" to get a few good examples. But the most common ones people know are snowflakes, seashells, clouds and mountains.

Of course, fractal engineering is not just limited to this planet, it's how the entire universe works. If you were to look at a snapshot of the entire universe, and then zoom in on any particular part of that picture, it would look, in essence, like the greater picture of the entire universe.

Now, pretend that the Universe is a giant sphere and we are living on the surface of it. On Dec. 21, 2012, the Earth will move through the geographic center of the milky way galaxy, to the other side--an event that occurs once every 25,600 years. Think of this as moving across the equator on planet earth.

What happens when you cross the equator? The most common example people give is that when you flush a toilet, the water spins the other way. When you're exactly on the equator, water goes straight down and doesn't spin at all. This occurs with sinks, drains, toilets, etc.

We are crossing the "equator" of the milky way galaxy on Dec. 21, 2012. When we cross the equator on Earth, changes do occur. Who is to say that "nothing will happen" on Dec. 21 2012? If changes occur when you pass over the equator on planet Earth, then why would there not be any changes when you pass over the "equator" on the Milky Way Galaxy?

Some people believe poles will shift, other believe entire continents will shift in a matter of minutes. I don't believe things that drastic will occur, but I believe something will happen. We'll just have to wait and see.

Let's hear some of your opinions!

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Your example of the toilet flow north and south of the equator is flawed. Toilet flow
it's a function of the jet direction that does that.

I am also of the opinion that likewise the earth is too small for crossing the Milky ways equator will have an effect. If there were to be an effect I would think that there would be a lot of effects that would show up several months before that time.

Just my 2 Cents worth.

Edited for spelling.

I'll admit that I could also be wrong as well.

[edit on 24-8-2008 by Deson]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I read a very interesting take on 2012 on Kelonticdictionary.org. Here's the link to an alternate explanation. It's interesting, but I'm not exactly sure how they get all of the info...

www.keylonticdictionary.org...

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jbalon
If changes occur when you pass over the equator on planet Earth, then why would there not be any changes when you pass over the "equator" on the Milky Way Galaxy?

Because our position in The Galaxy as a whole has nothing to do with what occurs on Earth. Earth's rotation on its axis and its revolution around The Sun have no connection to The Galaxy.

Disregarding that, nothing happens when you cross the equator. As has been pointed out it is a myth that bathtub drains and toilets swirl in different direction depending on which hemisphere you are in. The Coriolis Effect is a large scale phenomenon which is caused by the Earth's rotation. It is also unrelated to The Galaxy as a whole.

I won't admit I may be wrong.

[edit on 25-8-2008 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I see in a lot of posts things similar to:

The Earth and the sun(? maybe all the planets) pass through the geographic center of the milky way galaxy.

But what does this even mean? our solar system moves around the the center of our galaxy, its never passing through the center of anything.

Do you mean in the equator sense, that our solar system is being shifted vertically in the plane? such that we are crossing the lateral center? Is there any evidence/scientific publication supporting this?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by science lol

There does seem to be a "vertical" oscillation of the Solar System orbit in The Galaxy. Crossing the "plane" of The Galaxy every 90 million years or so.

The Sun's orbit around the Galaxy is expected to be roughly elliptical with the addition of perturbations due to the galactic spiral arms and non-uniform mass distributions. In addition the Sun oscillates up and down relative to the galactic plane approximately 2.7 times per orbit

en.wikipedia.org...

The plane of The Galaxy is pretty nebulous (sorry, couldn't resist). We are in it right now as demonstrated by the Milky Way bisecting the sky. It isn't reasonable to say, "this line here, is the exact plane of the galaxy and the Solar System is going to cross it on such and such a date" it's just not that sharply defined.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks. Good explanation.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
"To sum it up quickly: The Earth and the sun(? maybe all the planets) pass through the geographic center of the milky way galaxy."

How could that be remotely possible.?
Do you know how far away it is?
How would we make it there by 2012?
There is no indications from people studying the milky way that we are moving towards it.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I don't remeber the show, but they have found that every 5 to 10 thousand years our pole do shift. It has been recorede in magma flow, or the ferrious metals in the magma. For long time they point to on pole then they dramaticly shift to the other, always pointing to magnetic North. They look deeper in magma flows and find they revese after another few thousand years. we are due for a shift by their estimate with in the next 10 to 200 years.
They also said that the story in the Bible when the sun stood still for a battle was really the earth shifting poles, and stopped to spin the other way.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by patrickrpg

The magnetic poles have reversed, based on the evidence you cite. But it has not happened every 5-10 thousand years. It has happened at very irregular intervals, so irregular that it can only be called random. The last reversal was about 780 thousand years ago. There is no way to predict when it will happen again.

The idea that the spin of the Earth has reversed is absurd and there is no evidence that it ever occurred.

Wiki entry

[edit on 25-8-2008 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Jbalon

I might be wrong here, but isn't 25,600 years the time it takes for Earth to travel through the complete Zodiac.

In 2012 it will be the beginning of a new Zodiac sign as far as I know, but I also see info saying there will be an galactic allignment.

I don't reaaly know how it is all connected, noone seems to able to make sense of this.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
There appears to be phenomenon occuring all across the solar system over the past few decades.

Enterprise Mission -- Hyperdimensional Report

These odd occurances appear to be intensifying too. Intensifying to what end? I guess we won't truely know until 2012 comes along. I'll be logged in to ATS that day to discuss the results, if any.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Interestinggg
"To sum it up quickly: The Earth and the sun(? maybe all the planets) pass through the geographic center of the milky way galaxy."

There is no indications from people studying the milky way that we are moving towards it.

It's about alignments. We will be "aligned" with the x-axis plane of the galaxy. You're misinterpreting it. We are not doing a sudden turn into the x/y/z zero point axis of the center of galaxy. What you're picturing in your head is not what is measured to occur.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Durrilll

Originally posted by Interestinggg

It's about alignments. We will be "aligned" with the x-axis plane of the galaxy. You're misinterpreting it. We are not doing a sudden turn into the x/y/z zero point axis of the center of galaxy. What you're picturing in your head is not what is measured to occur.

Yeah, I heard it on Coast to Coast or something, it was just something I thought about. Once again, I'm no expert in any of this, and this is why I posted it in skunk works, just for some fun discussion.

I just thought, since we see fractal "design" (I use the word design loosely, because that entails that an intellectual being created everything) everywhere in nature, and a fractal is basically a repeating image into infinity, if when we cross the Earth's equator and changes occur, why would changes of some sort not occur when we cross the "equator" of the Milky Way.

Oh and to people who were pointing out that the water doesn't spin the other way or stuff, I wouldn't really know. Maybe that was just a false fact that I had heard, I just always assumed it to be true cause it sounded so cool. But either way, 2012 discussions are always fun.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Interestinggg

There is no indication from people studying the Milky way Galaxy that we are moving closer to it because our solar system and our Sun are one of the stars in the Milky way Galaxy. Hence, you cant get any closer to something your already a part of.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Don't know how far the earth is from the center of the Milky Way at this juncture, but for discussion sake let's assume we arrive at the center lineup on the aforementioned date 2012. Since the center radio source Sagittarius "A" is allegedly a super-massive black hole, does that mean we will be drawn into/ pass through that hole? If so, will time be suspended during that event and for how long? Could we be stuck there for an undetermined amount of time or will we just pass through as a train might pass through a tunnel? Yet another scenario to consider, along with all the other unenjoyable theories.

Mothernature100

new topics

top topics

join