It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How will Obama justify Biden's history of sterotyping

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I don't see Biden as a racist.

I see him as a person who likes to stereotype people. Here is an example:

Explaining why schools in Iowa are performing better than those in Washington, D.C., Biden told the Post, “There’s less than one percent of the population of Iowa that is African American. There is probably less than four of five percent that are minorities. What is in Washington? So look, it goes back to what you start off with, what you’re dealing with.”

source

I see Obama as a person who is determined on getting into the White House and I feel that this type of stereotyping could hurt Obama.

Here's what I would do if I were Obama.

I would tell Biden no more stereotyping period.

I would bring up Biden's past history before McCain does and Biden would be by my side to show and express his regret over such words.

I would send Biden into minority schools and churches and areas to show that he does care about them.

The only problem is that if Biden gaffed again it could spell serious trouble for Obama.

How do you think Obama should justify Biden's previous history of stereotyping people?

Should he downplay it?
Should he confront it?
Should he excuse it?
Should he say that Biden is right?
Should he say Biden was misunderstood?

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
He's outspoken, blunt and he's FAR from politically correct. But he's an honorable guy. And it looks like Obama is already dealt with it.

[edit on 24-8-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
He's outspoken, blunt and he's FAR from politically correct. But he's an honorable guy. And it looks like Obama is already dealt with it.

Bravo on your spin job! Tell me something, why am I a "neocon" when I defend Bush on Iraq, but Bidden is given a pass when making the same argument?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Bravo on your spin job! Tell me something, why am I a "neocon" when I defend Bush on Iraq, but Bidden is given a pass when making the same argument?

I am feeling a little dense here Dronetek. Can you elaborate? What is your position defending Bush premised on and how does it relate to Obama attesting for Biden?

top topics

join