It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 th generation thermonuclear hydrogen devices

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   

These facts seem to indicate that a small nuclear device was used. How else do you get a crater five-foot-deep and 13 feet wide, 47 buildings destroyed, over a hundred cars destroyed, skin falling off the bones, and such a high death toll? How small of a device would make this type of explosion, and who has the capability to get their hands on such a weapon? From the Brookings Institute, we get some very interesting pictures that give us a lot of detail. This information was provided courtesy of the National Resources Defense Council.
Notice that this device weighs only 163 pounds as of 1988, fully 14 years ago. It was capable of producing a blast of 0.01, or 0.02-1 kiloton and was operationally deployed between 1964 and 1988. These inclusive dates sound as if this particular device was discontinued in 1988, undoubtedly because it was superseded by other, more compact, and possibly more devastating weapons. These weapons were planned to be used primarily as land mines to slow down the approach of enemy troops; on other words, they were planned to be buried before detonation!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
good link for mini nuke
www.active-duty.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   

In the summer of 1964 I volunteered to command an eight-man team of volunteers that would take a man-portable atomic device into an objective area by parachute to destroy targets we would be told to neutralize. There were a total of four teams trained to carry and activate the SADM (Special Atomic Demolition Munition) device. As team leader I would carry the 95 lb device and my XO would carry the 35 lb trigger mechanism. Once on the ground in the target area we would first scout out a location within 15 minutes walking distance of the target site and quietly dig or prepare a pre-existing covered location such as a cave for our protection from the explosion and fallout. We would, after scouting the area during daylight hours, move with the device once darkness was again our protector to the detonation location, lock the two parts together, arm the device and return quickly to our own survival site.
Text

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   

I enclose my bio just for some background information and a copy of page 304 of JCS Pub 1 dated September 1974 as it contains the definition of the SADM (Special Atomic Demolition Munition).

The first item of concern is the SADM as it is a powerful man-portable atomic device. When I was in the 6th Special Forces Group at Fort Bragg in 1964 I volunteered to head one of three eight-man teams that had contingency missions with the SADM. My primary mission at the time was the power distribution facility of the ASWAN High Dam in Egypt. The dam was under construction by the Soviet Union at the time with the assistance of a US construction company out of Boston, Mass. At that time the SADM devices were stored at Seneca Army Depot (now closed, as you know). The bomb itself weighed about 95 lbs and the trigger device about 35 lbs. If there are any of those devices still in our inventory, the storage areas should be (and I feel certain already are) under close surveillance and high security.
expendableelite.com...

[edit on 29-8-2008 by fmcanarney]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Again all you have done is copy more things about which you know nothing about

Make such a lovely parrot. Do you want a cracker ?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Thank you
that is the nicest posted reply you have ever sent me.
Explain the difference between fission and fusion.
Between brisance and VOD.
The fact that I know nothing about what I am parrotting
is not even close to accurate or true.
But keep up the ridicule and derision thedman.
It is working.
I am becoming more subordinate and humble by the day.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   

The bomb is a 2nd generation atomic bomb of the 'hydrogen bomb' category. It is at least 30 to 40 year old, late 2nd generation technology that has been phased out for lower yield 3rd generation atomic weapons which have a longer half life, easier maintenance and an inserted energy source.
Note the use of DU in the weaponry. DU is used as the casing and as the container for the fusion reaction which becomes part of the fissionable material. This is important in the current international 3rd generation H-bomb usage and the hybrid fusion bomb. At first it was believed that the DU casing and the DU fusion container would most likely not be part of the late 3rd generation or 4th generation weaponry used in the WTC demolitions as it is too dirty (long term radioactive residue) for the pure hydrogen bomb needed. However, subsequent information of dust analysis, hybrid fusion, old known facts of pure fusion bombs, early low yield semi-pure warheads, neutron bombs, and knowledge that debris would be removed as classified information makes either scenario viable.
second generation atomic bombs got their start in 1950 and came to fruition in 1956 with Eisenhower's announcement of a 95% clean bomb. In 1958 the Mk-41C was tested for a 9.3 Megaton yield, 4.8% of the energy was from fission with 95.2% from fusion. Less radioactive (more fusion and less fission energy) or semi-clean H-bombs were known then and were used for testing purposes only.
Among various other types of hydrogen bomb warheads, the W54 nuke was developed in 1961. The W54 was a micro-nuke that weighed 51 pounds and could be fired from a slightly modified ordinary bazooka. Different versions of the W54 ranged from .01 kt to 1 kt yield. Between the mid 1950's and the mid 70's both types (large yield dirty and small yield clean), of 2nd generation H-bombs were refined.
Around 1960, the relatively pure H-bomb was modified for selective effects creating the first 3rd generation H-bomb - the Neutron bomb, Enhanced Radiation Warhead, or a mostly fusion bomb.
How small can a nuclear reaction be? Through hydrodynamic experiments for triggering fusion, extremely lows yield nuclear explosions have been generated on the magnitude of "several Pounds of TNT." As noted above, in 1961 .01 kt was unveiled in 1961. In 1956, the Tamalpais with a yield of 0.072 kt was declassified.
Prior to the demolition of the WTC buildings, the largest imploded building, Hudson's Department Store was 2.2 million square feet with 33 levels and required 2,728 lbs of explosive. The WTC buildings were significantly stronger than the Hudson's building, but it is doubtful more than a 0.01 kt bomb would be needed for the 47 center columns designed to hold many times the weight of the buildings.
This program produced (partial list) the following information for a regular 0.01 kt yields, air ignition: Fireball max light radius = 25.4 meters, Max time light pulse width = 0.011 seconds, Max fireball airburst radius = 10.6 meters, Time of max temperature = 0.0032 seconds, Area of rad. exposure = 0.12 sq. miles; Blastwave Effects: Overpressure = 5 lb/sq. inch (160 mph) radius = 0.09 km, 1 lb/sq. inch radius = 0.26 km; Underground ignition: Crater diameter = 56 feet with a Richter magnitude of 3.52. Thermal radiation damage range is significantly reduced by clouds, smoke or other obscuring materials. Surface detonations are known to decrease thermal radiation by half. A neutron bomb produces much less blast and thermal energy than a fission bomb of the same yield by expending its energy by the increase in the production of neutrons. Even the older neutron bombs produce very little long term fallout, but made considerable induced radiation in ground detonations. The half life of induced radiation is very short and is measured in days rather than years.
Summing up known information, an underground explosion of a pure (most likely) or semi-pure, Minimum Residual Residue direction focused 0.01 kt yield hydrogen bomb with selected enhanced radiation dispersal - most likely neutron since that radiation would be absorbed by the ground and building, and would decrease the blast and temperature effects.
www.thepriceofliberty.org...

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I thought the idea behind a clean nuke is that you would pop it off over a tank formation, and the guys inside would be fried, but the tanks themselves wouldn't be harmed by the radiation.

Now you're saying that a perfectly clean nuke wouldn't produce any blast, but the radiation would destroy the building?

I thought the very point of a neutron bomb is that its didn't radiation was both short lived, allowing your own army to follow into the area, and that the neutrons didn't affect infrastructure?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
The neutron bomb is 3 rd generation.
4 th generation is pure fusion with millions of degrees in a few nanoseconds, which heated up the steel, vaporized the water in the concrete turning it into microscopic dust, and heating the steel up to temperatures which caused it to sublimate as it is falling through space to the ground.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by fmcanarney

Now this is really confusing.

Wouldn't rapid heating like that produce blast effects?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
the steel and water absorb the heat from the energized neutrons.

Text
Fusion balls and fusion shaped charges as a spinoff of the fusion energy
research. I estimate the energy distribution for Neutron bomb is
60% neutrons, 30% roentgen and 10% blast wave. The figures for
shorter-range roentgen and the longer-range neutron radiation include
a huge secondary thermal load, which forms automatically and which
will disintegrate everything but the heaviest structural steels especially
in the direction where those neutrons are directed.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
the blast effect is seen is the steel siding being propelled hundreds of feet horizontally from the towers.
the heaviest piece, 22 tons was horizontally propelled nearly two football fields away.
22 tons is half the weight of a VietNam era tank.
The incredible mass was blasted 600 feet.
Remember the beginning of the collapse when the top 20+ floors begin tilting, the physical law of motion is that it would have continued to tip and fall via gravity and land outside the perimeter of the building.
But it suddenly disappeared and was not located after the dust settles.
this would indicate that it was in the "cone" of heat directed upwards from the result of a hydrogen directed bomb.
plus all matter below this tilting top disintegrated out from underneath it so it could not continue to topple over and fall outside of the perimeter and could not be located after the dust settled.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Steel columns and pillars were ejected in the surroundings of the building. In the beginning of the so-called collapse, exists no such energy exists that could throw steel pillars outwards from 60 to 175 meters (approx. from 170 to 574 ft.) from trunk. Not even cutting charges can do that. Instead, the blast wave from a nuclear bomb is capable to do that.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by fmcanarney
the steel and water absorb the heat from the energized neutrons.

Text

So what I gather, what you're proposing is a perfectly clean fusion device, that in effect acts like a giant neutron generator.

But the release of Neutrons, from I can find, is near instantaneous. You even quoted something about a nanosecond. So you must agree.

So if the water in the concrete absorbed this neutron energy, it would explode instantaneously. Therefore causing explosive effects. Right?

Even more, one of your links said that the neutrons would be absorbed by materials in the way. Indeed, it says that concrete is a better material for absorbing neutron radiation than steel is. Every floor between your proposed basement placement of a micronuke is concrete. You posted this link, so you must agree with this fact.

So could a neutron generator, focused or not, reach the impact areas without affecting all the floors in between? The areas closest to the bomb would show the MOST effect, with less showing the higher up you went.

How do you explain this? There is no way to focus anything so tightly, and then have it spread out once it reached the impact floors.

AND, I can't find anything in your links that indicate that neutron radiation would be able to heat much of anything anyways. There WILL be a large amount of heat released as part of the fusion reaction. But nothing about how neutrons would be able to do the damage proposed by heating.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Like other types of nuclear explosion, the explosion of a hydrogen bomb creates an extremely hot zone near its center. In this zone, because of the high temperature, nearly all of the matter present is vaporized to form a gas at extremely high pressure. A sudden overpressure, i.e., a pressure far in excess of atmospheric pressure, propagates away from the center of the explosion as a shock wave, decreasing in strength as it travels. It is this wave, containing most of the energy released, that is responsible for the major part of the destructive mechanical effects of a nuclear explosion. The details of shock wave propagation and its effects vary depending on whether the burst is in the air, underwater, or underground

n.nuclear.googlepages.com...

[edit on 30-8-2008 by fmcanarney]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by fmcanarney

Like other types of nuclear explosion, the explosion of a hydrogen bomb creates an extremely hot zone near its center. In this zone, because of the high temperature, nearly all of the matter present is vaporized to form a gas at extremely high pressure. A sudden overpressure, i.e., a pressure far in excess of atmospheric pressure, propagates away from the center of the explosion as a shock wave, decreasing in strength as it travels. It is this wave, containing most of the energy released, that is responsible for the major part of the destructive mechanical effects of a nuclear explosion. The details of shock wave propagation and its effects vary depending on whether the burst is in the air, underwater, or underground

n.nuclear.googlepages.com...

[edit on 30-8-2008 by fmcanarney]

This describes a 2nd gen bomb, I believe.

How does this apply to a 4th gen?

Can you answer any of my questions above?

[edit on 30-8-2008 by Seymour Butz]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Wizard_In_The_Woods

What is the "kosher" remark about?
A little Jew hate to go with your 9-11 fantasy?
Big surprise there.

[edit on 30-8-2008 by TheBobert]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Wizard_In_The_Woods

duplicate post

[edit on 30-8-2008 by TheBobert]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
It's my understanding that a 4th generation nuke would be a "pure fusion device" i.e it has no fission bomb trigger. This in itself is what makes the bomb "clean", as the fallout damage from an H-bomb is largely caused by the A-bomb that sets it off. It would be a relatively simple device containing as little or as much deuterium (Heavy Hydrogen) as is desired; yield can be as small or as large as is desired. Yes, it does release radiation, but it is in the form of neutrinos and a gamma ray burst both of which dissipate in a matter of days.

The problem with the development of a 4th generation nuke has been the matter of explosive brisance, which is the "measure of the rapidity with which an explosive develops its maximum pressure." No known conventional explosive has the brisance to compress heavy hydrogen to the point of initiating a fusion reaction; hence the A-bomb trigger in 3rd generation H-bombs.

This is where we enter the mysterious realm of the so called "red mercury" which, depending on whom you believe, was developed by the Nazi's or Nazi scientists working for their post-war Soviet masters. It is supposed to be an explosive of the family known as ballotechnics, and reputed to have the brisance to trigger a pure H-bomb as well as be a devastating conventional explosive in its own right. With it, one could make bombs of any yield, bombs small enough to fit in ones pocket, and have no worry of fallout. Scary stuff. Does it exist? I think so, but that is only my opinion and I believe it to be linked to another realm of occult physics being developed under our noses. But that is another issue.

As for 4th gen bomb being used in the 9/11 attacks; highly unlikely. Though there would be no fallout, anyone within several hundred meters of that blast would be fatally effected by the gamma ray burst emitted during the detonation and they would come apart like wet tissue paper within a few days. Again, this is only my opinion, but the towers were brought down by a conventional type of explosive installed during various renovations, perhaps beginning as early as 1993 as crews began cleanup in the aftermath of the WTC bombing. But hey, I've been wrong before.

[edit on 30-8-2008 by Orwells Ghost]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
does anyone know the yield of a suitcase nuke?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join