It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosive Light Show Over Nailsea UK.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I watched an amazing light show over Nailsea tonight from Backwell lake, im facing north away from Bristol.

Initially I noticed a bright white light in the sky, which then changed in to what appeared to be lightning behind the clouds which lit up the whole sky green and then red for about 2 minutes.

The light appeared to stretch out over a good 2miles or so with no pattern, it appeared like huge explosions of colour in the sky behind the clouds! There was no sound at all.

Most definitley the strangest thing I have ever seen, definitley not a light show but I cant understand what it is or might have been.

Do you think its naturally occuring?

Has anyone ever seen anything similar, this one really does have me puzzled!

Harry

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
The green and red colours are typical of Northern Lights, but it's kinda too early in the year for them, and we are in a dip in activity anyway for a few more years. There is a site called www.northern-lights.no... I think, that has links to aurora activity monitors. I hope that's the right address.

Cait

[edit on 24-8-2008 by caitlinfae]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Thank you for your reply I just took a look at that and I think we can rule the Northern Lights out.

This was very quick moving light filling the sky rapidly as If it was coloured lightning behind the clouds.

Harry

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Looks like it might have been coloured lightning!

Nothing interesting!

Harry

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Aw that's MAD.....! I've never heard of that before....it's totally interesting. Thanks for the video link.

Cait

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by arry01

Cool video but I think the OP mentioned that he heard no sound, possibly ruling this out ?

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Well, maybe not though...I've seen silent lightening before in Seattle. The storm was so far away that we could see it but not hear it at all. It was really beautiful...might be the same here, although I've never seen it in this country. Washington state has some big hills to try to bounce sound around.

Cait

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by caitlinfae
Well, maybe not though...I've seen silent lightening before in Seattle. The storm was so far away that we could see it but not hear it at all. It was really beautiful...might be the same here, although I've never seen it in this country. Washington state has some big hills to try to bounce sound around.

Cait

Possible
guess that is best answered by the OP

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I didnt see any lightning and I heard no sound. Im not totally convinced on what it was even still but this seems to be the most logical explanation.

Pretty amazing to watch if nothing else the whole place lit up, its countryside here so its very dark.

Harry

top topics

join