It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Untersberg - The Mystery Mountain

page: 83
<< 80  81  82    84  85 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Oh, sorry. Looks like i caused... Something. My bad!

I was there in March and made some measurements. But the readings were almost always nominal.
Only at my arrival was a anomoly. But as soon as i dug deeper, it disappeared.

Still, i'm going to return there again.
But this time, will be final.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Sword0fJustice

What readings did you take? There should have been a noticeably high geomagnetic reading, since the area is a hotspot, according to maps I have seen (and posted here in the past).

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueOrb2

Well, You can't really take my measurements scientifically seriously.
I had the K-II EMF metre with me and it showed 2 Green lamps when activated, instead the usual 1.
So there was something.
And before anyone asks: No, my cellphone didn't caused it. Neither did i. Nor was it caused by a cellphone tower. Because there are none in the vicinity.
It's funny, because the second lamp went off after a while and then turned on, after i went the same route an hour later or so.
SO the anomly is alive and still kicking and... Moving?
If the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Video Game series taught me one thing, then it's that anomalies have a mind of their own.
(And tend to dis- and reappear from time to time)

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Is there a place in the area to actually pitch a tent and camp?

Most of what I have been able to find is something closer to a bed and breakfast, its my last summer in Germany and spending some time there looks like it could be interesting.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf
Well, i thought about doing the same, but i still lived for 5 days in the Gasthof Fürstenbrunn. I just couldn't get around renting a room (mainly hygienic reasons and the weather was bad at the beginning of my trip...)

It IS prohibited to camp and to light a fire in the entire Berchtegadener Nationalpark region, but nobody gives a crap.
And guess what? Nobody is ever going to control that. And if that happens: (very) Bad Luck.
I mean: They are even cutting trees at the Untersberg! What kind of National Park is that?

Also, i was able to light a pretty good fire in front of the Steinerner Kaser in 2017 with my special someone in the night and nobody came at us or anything. I even slept in my sleeping bag at the foot of the mountain (near a very busy road) and it was fine. Of course i was sleeping inside a forest, partly camouflaged.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
If anyone's up to an adventure and wants to accompany me, then You're just in time to sign up! (Just kidding)
I'm going again in May.

I finally found the mountain i was looking for.
And it's NOT the Untersberg,
but a smaller, greener Mountain nearby!
I won't tell anyone, though. I promise

Just look westwards and You might find it!

A whole new World...

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
On behalf of a former participant in this thread who's been locked out of her account: would the thread's author and other participants be interested in a meeting at the Untersberg on August 15/16?

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sword0fJustice
a reply to: Irishhaf
It IS prohibited to camp and to light a fire in the entire Berchtegadener Nationalpark region, but nobody gives a crap.
And guess what? Nobody is ever going to control that. And if that happens: (very) Bad Luck.
I mean: They are even cutting trees at the Untersberg! What kind of National Park is that?

sorry, but Untersberg does not belongs to the Berchtesgadener Nationalpark !

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdAstra
On behalf of a former participant in this thread who's been locked out of her account: would the thread's author and other participants be interested in a meeting at the Untersberg on August 15/16?

I guess not.
Just a reminder - this thread is one week shy of ten years old.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: AdAstra

And I have read it all.

Just keeps popping up now and again.

P

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   

I would have been up for it, for sure...… however, i'm a little too far away.

Ten years? And still going.....not strong, but going. Guess that means it's 10 years and 10 days since I went there, for the first and only time. Had I known then, what I know now, I think I would have spent more time there and visited more places.

One day I will make it back. Hopefully not having to wait another 10 years, though.....

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Hey BLue - we both wish we had met you there. Unless you were that gentleman who, so I've heard, wouldn't relinquish his place at the center of HItler's lift.

Ten years today. I miss 2008, and I miss the ATS of 2008.

ETA. I missed the anniversary by a second! Greenwich time?

edit on 24-8-2018 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Hiya! No...….. I wasn't the "Middle of the lift" guy in question...…. but I did perhaps stand in the middle of the lift when I was in it, although not for any particular reason. But I definitely don't remember the "Blondie" being there
. I think we already established we were there on different days, probably by at least a year.... I would have to go back through the thread and check for the exact dates...

Another visit will definitely happen - just not sure when. But rest assured, you will both be informed about it in advance, Maybe not months in advance, but in advance....
And next time I wont waste the next day travelling to see my old town where I used to live, 500km in the opposite direction. Time will be spent down in the Untersberg area, for sure.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Ah yes. August 2009. Also it seems I misremembered the finer points of the account of the lift goings-on.

(Of course I was joking about you being in the lift.)

If you go again, I hope you take a few days for climbing. I think it is worthwile.
Meanwhile, for those who may have missed it, I am reposting your post from 27 September 2009 that was one of the best contributions to in the thread.
It's on page 42. Isn't 42 "the answer to everything"?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 26-8-2018 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-8-2018 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
The following is a statement of a former participant in this thread (Vanitas) who can't log in.
Think of me as the oracle of Delphi, only conveying the word of god.

Browsing through this thread after such a long time (to think there was a time when I checked it for new posts every few hours or so!) I am struck, once again, by its general tone: full of friendly banter yet so intelligent and brimming with original thought - and I can't help but wonder why interest in it has waned. Regrettably, many of the former participants seem to be gone from the site (I can't log in, so I can't check the last time they logged in) - but why is there so little interest among newer members?
Has there been (as I often feel) a more general decline of interest in all things "paranormal" since the non-event of December 2012?
Or has the site become even more USA-centric, what with the advent of the admittedly para-normal (note the punctuation) Trump etc.?
Or... what?

I think this question warrants a little side discussion.
Do I believe there will be one? No. But it should be enlightening, and not just to those who are interested in the Untersberg.

FWIW, I agree.

edit on 30-8-2018 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-8-2018 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   

The simple answer to the log in issue is ………. create Vanitas2...… and then off we go again! That's what I had to do when the same thing happened to me. The only downside? I lost all the points or whatever I had accumulated. Not that many, granted, but there was a few.

Yes - there's an awful lot of politics around in the last couple of years......

I certainly haven't seen anything that attracted my attention quite like this thread did, and i doubt i will anytime soon. So the only solution would be to revive this one. Not that it's dead, you understand. Just maybe a little sleepy from time to time.

Anyway - please pass the message on to Vanitas2.....

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Of course, that makes sense. Thing is, some people can't stand being "second best" even to themselves. I mean, look at the original name.

Seriously though, I feel like a dodo myself here trying to resurrect this thread, hoping for some of the old school ATS to come back. Not necessarily with new information or thoughts about the mountain itself but at least to discuss the lack of discussion. Why was it interesting to so many before and now it isn't? There was lots of politics even before, I remember, so I think it has to be something else on top of that. Maybe it really is a post-2012 thing.
I wish Skyfloating himself would come here and tell us why he stopped believing in it.

edit on 10-9-2018 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I still keep up with this thread. To be honest I'm mostly just a lurker. I loved this thread and really want to use this kind of info for a possible story I want to work on.

Sorry I don't have any info to add to the thread. I don't visit this site as much as I used to mostly because its all political now. Feels like ATS has become a political debate site that has turned into a popularity contest. Feels bad.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: lucidclouds

Hey! It's great that someone else is also keeping the thread alive!

Maybe you have any thoughts on why this topic appears to be interesting to so fewer people than before?
I mean, surely that's an interesting and relevant subject in itself.

new topics

top topics

<< 80  81  82    84  85 >>

join