It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Untersberg - The Mystery Mountain

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

as i said in a previous post , it may have been left over from the war era ???

snoopyuk

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWayISeeIt
It's a banner day. Not one, but two SF threads to marvel at and engage with -- ala bigfatfurrytexan, wanted to chime in and play too (s&f obv).

Anyway, looked around in out of print books for more specific names and dates for some of the stories you have related as well as looking for some new ones

Lazarus Gitschner's story is recorded in from many sources including liturgical and dates to 1529.
TWISI

Thank you very much indeed!

Do you have any more similar church oddities to this area in your archive?

Please as well even if not in print can you give the author, year of print and publisher please please!

you are a star!

Elf.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWayISeeIt

Anyway, looked around in out of print books for more specific names and dates for some of the stories you have related as well as looking for some new ones (as someone on the previous page brought up that there might be a record of a wedding party that disappears and shows up 100 years later).

Lazarus Gitschner's story is recorded in from many sources including liturgical and dates to 1529.

The hunter who went missing and showed up for his funeral was Michael Hulzogger and the date was 1738. It was apprently recorded in a a Farmer's Alamanac from that year. He would not speak of what he saw. He was summoned by Archbishop Firmian of Salzburg to whom he said he would only relate his info during confession. Firmian heard his confession, promptly quit the church, refused to say what had transpired in the confession and both he and Hulzogger died shortly thereafter.

I will dig around some more later to see if I can find any more specific date/name data to support the thread.
Cheers!
TWISI

Thats great research. Thanks for the help

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Great thread and very entertaining read!

I hadn't really connected Greys with old Northern European stories of dwarfs/trolls but certainly there do seem to be some common characteristics. I wonder if the Norse stories of Dark Elves could share the same root? From Wikipedia;

"Dark elves are known as a class of elves living underground in Old Norse mythology, the counterparts to the Ljósálfar ("Light-elves"). They are very similar to dwarves."

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
reply to bigfatfurrytexan:

No, I did see the barbed wire and sign, but when doing a google search and google-earth search I found know indicator of military...thats what I meant to say.

[edit on 25-8-2008 by Skyfloating]

That is interesting. It would be nice if you would have gotten a picture of the sign/fence.

Is it possible that it was not of military origin? I know i am asking for pure speculation. But your speculation is the best i have currently.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Very interesting indeed! Please post more if you find anything! I was stationed in Germany many years ago and traveled many places but I don't remember visiting there. Wish I had. I never heard any of those stories, but then again it was 26yrs ago and I was much younger! Thanks again

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

You're right. Google is not being helpful at all. I looked up the archbishop, mentioned earlier by TWISI and there's plenty about his descendent but only a cursory mention of the archbishop from the timeframe mentioned.

What I did find interesting was that the archbishop (on which their was some information) had an extension collection of clocks, sundials, astronomical instruments.

Salzburg (Austria)
26 July - 13 November 1994
Exhibit "Time and Measures. Sun-dials and scientific devices."
On display will include clocks, sun-dials, globes, distance-measuring
instruments, telescopes, astrolabia, Armillarspheres, precision instruments
by Georg Friedrich Brander, measuring instruments from mountain works,
technical supplies for war-purposes, portraits, and graphics. In the center
of the collection stand the clocks, and sun-dials from the collection of
the Arch-Bishop of Salzburg Leopold Anton Freiherr von Firmian (1727-1744).
Specifically, a 1 meter high astronomical table-clock.
Salzburger Museum Carolino Augusteum, Museumsplatz 1, A-5020 Salzburg,
Tel. (0662) 8411-34/37

Bit of a coincidence, eh? This is from Anton Firmian. I believe (not at all sure) that it was his uncle, Ernst, that was also an archbishop-possibly the one mentioned. TWISI, a little help, please?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Great thread - starred and flagged.

Reminds me a bit about the legend of King Arthur and his possible return should Albion be threatened.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Fantastic thread :-) This reminds me of the old legends that a UFO crashed in feudal Japan and the descendents were living in one of the mountains. There are variations on the theme - living in China, being Lemurian descendents, etc.

I know many of these stories are simply that - stories, but doesn't it make you wonder what happened on this planet in pre-history? That there may be some grain of truth that spawned these old legends?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Maybe the barbed-wire and "no trespassing" sign (which cant be seen if you only follow the normal tourist route around that church...you have to stray off the beaten path to see it) was not actually military. Thats only my interpetation, recollected from memory. Fact is that there wasnt much else to go except back to the ferry/boat. I posted a google-earth image earlier that shows the location of the place "St. Bartholoma" at "konigssee". This is the location of the magnetic anomaly and also where, according to ancient legend, a tunnel leads to the untersberg. Looking at the google-earth image close-up you´ll notice no military area in sight.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Only mention I could find on google about Lazarus Gitschner or Michael Holzogger was on google books. At least in English. There were other mentions for those able to read German.

Looking up info on the mountain itself and cross-referencing it with magnetic anomalies next. My brain hurts.

[edit on 25-8-2008 by whitewave]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
Looking up info on the mountain itself and cross-referencing it with magnetic anomalies next. My brain hurts.

Thank you.

Lots of treasures to be discovered in non-english sources. I´d be especially intrigued to know some russian, chinese and hebrew.

People have gotten to used to google having all the answers.

[edit on 25-8-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
There´s more to come folks. Im able to translate German, it just takes a heck of a lot of time. Give me a few days.

Ja und I vill check die translation, nicht war?

Dwarfs with grey coloured skin, big heads, huge eyes and involvement of missing time and time-skips. There´s hundreds of these tales all featuring the same characters (dwarfs with big heads) and time-anomaly.

Grey skin... big eyes... yup sounds like something that would live unter die Erde.. errr under the Earth

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by adrenochrome
excellent post!! to be honest, i've never heard of this before - thank you very much! the only "mystery" mountain i've heard of is Frenchman Mountain near Las Vegas, NV.

Yup that one is right behind John Lear's house

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
This whole subject is very reminiscent of "The Hobbit" and "Lord of the Rings". I wonder if JRR Tolkien was influenced by these stories and legends. I read that in his youth his spent time camping in the mountains of Mürren, Switzerland (about 250 miles from Untersberg). I can picture him sitting around the campfire listening to stories of dwarves, underground caves, and magic.

[edit on 8/25/2008 by Shadoefax]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I'm only half way through the thread but I've seen lots of posts about people expressing their interest in visiting this cave.

Please, for your own safety, don't do it. And its not that I'm worried you will enounter dwarves or disappear for 6 months only to turn up in China. I urge you to reconsider going because many inexperienced people that attempt spelunking (cave expoloring) often don't come properly equipped.

It's very easy to get lost, or stuck, or break your light, or get injured, etc, if you don't know what you're doing. If you break your light when you're thousands of feet in a cave with no backup light or anyone to save you, you're as good as dead.

If you have experience spelunking or you are bringing an experienced spelunker with you, than thats great, just remember to bring cameras to show us the evidence.

But for the unexperienced people that live close to the mountain and want to explore it, I can't stess enough how dangerous it can be and how easy it is to get yourself killed, injured, or lost if you don't know what you're doing.

Remember, curiosity killed the cat.

EDIT: spelling

[edit on 25-8-2008 by ben420]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Ja und I vill check die translation, nicht war?

Es ist eine Ehre deine Posts hier zu haben...auf Englisch.

Its an honour to have you post here...in English....

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TopsyCret

Sounds like a quick trip to the hospital or possibly a morgue, to me.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vehemens
I truly find this normal because I also had my share of Psychedelic Trance parties and I'm used to being around trippy hippies. I believe I saw everything already =)

And this explains how those three ended up on a ship in Alexandria how?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join