It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Untersberg - The Mystery Mountain

page: 79
<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Sanitarium79

I believe this is the most flagged thread on ATS, it will always be alive....

Please share your stories/pics!

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
i am very happy to hear that there is live in here

i have to work tomorrow so i will only post a pic i took some months ago now. gives you an impression of the mountain, but the bridge i took that picture is a bit farther out than my home so the next once will show Untersberg larger. Also this one shows it at as a pretty normal mountain, wich will not allways be the case - sometimes it looks just like painted on a trip or something. Maby i will take pictures every day so that you can see with your own eyes what happens here...

i dont have time now to start post my storys, have to get some sleep, but i will give you all i have tomorrow

cant sleep anyway, so here is a nice one, untersberg starts on the right side (north) of this picture.

edit on 4-6-2014 by Sanitarium79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Sanitarium79

Very cool, thanks for the pics.
Will look forward to your future posts.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   
There was an accident where a cave explorer is injured at 3000 feet.
www.express.co.uk...

Well, the injury is not too bad, but it will take around a week to rescue him, if they are lucky...

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Tirxof

I heard about this too. The guy who went that far and deep into such dangerous terrain could be a "believer"...maybe he knows this thread.

Let's hope he gets out safely.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Thanks everyone for making such an awesome thread. I've just finished reading it over the past couple of days, and it has convinced me to look into caves and geomagnetic anomalies here in AU. I dont think I will be able to get out to Ularu (Ayers Rock) any time soon but I have looked over some geomag maps and found a place not too far away. Its also an area where a particular cryptid is often spotted.

There are also a few caves in my local area, one is lived in by a big bearded guy--I've met him in town. I doubt he is Chalamaine/Karl/Barbarossa, but if I see him around I will tell him the story, he should get a laugh out of it.

Anyway great thread--I had to give out a hell of a lot of stars

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Wow, I'd never heard of this mountain and its legends, and am amazed at all the other places with stories like this. Got a big bunch of pages on this to read into! I'm sure these are places where the Little People dwell; dwarves, gnomes, other elementals of the earth realm, and folklore has lots of tales of people lured into their enchantment and never returning... Awesome that this penetrates into physical human life occurences, news outlets, atp's etc. as well. Very intriguing.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Skyfloating

I don't know him personally, but based on what I know OF him, I doubt very much that he had "esoteric" reasons to go in there.

Anyway, he is being pulled out to the surface as we speak.
www.kleinezeitung.at...

At least he sent greetings to his family, so he is not in a coma, which gives hope he will be allright.
But the rescue operation is extremely difficult. The rescue team are calling it "more difficult than a Himalaya ascent".

P.S. This is exactly what I was talking about in this very thread some years ago. Even highly experienced spelunkers like Westhauser (who has been a member of a RESCUE team since 1994) can get in trouble. Beginners should not even consider "exploring" caves.

edit on 14-6-2014 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: RifRAAF

There are also a few caves in my local area, one is lived in by a big bearded guy--I've met him in town. I doubt he is Chalamaine/Karl/Barbarossa, but if I see him around I will tell him the story, he should get a laugh out of it.

Well, I got a laugh out of your post. It's good to see some sense of humor on this site again. : -))

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: AdAstra
Glad to have given you a chuckle, this thread gave me a few days o good reading so I'm glad I could contribute something.

Also I am takin in your advice on amatures exploring caves--I have been into a couple with professional guides, and know a little, but I wouldnt go underground without knowing and researching the cave itself.

The couple around here are coastal limestone caves and are all quite small, but they still have the risk of falling rocks; but there is no risk of flash floods in these caves.

I'm actually more interested in the geo-magnetic anomaly about 3 hours drive from here. For anyone else on this side of Australia, the place is outside Hyden, WA. Its not on the 33 degrees south, its only 32.5...

EDIT TO ADD: It completely slipped my mind, Hyden is home to wave-rock! I have been there as a child, beautiful place...
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 14-6-2014 by RifRAAF because: Wave rock man!!

edit on 14-6-2014 by RifRAAF because: (no reason given)

2nd ETA: Ok, I just mentioned this thread to my dad, and as he was the one who took me to Wave Rock when I was a kid I thought he miht have some insight. On mentioning the geo-mag hotspots in WA he asked if there was one... and I interrupted him and said [location], he said yeah "thats the spot" and told me this story of "The Crater", its outside the scope of the thread but I am even more convinced to go looking into geo-mag hotspots!. This second location is near the town of Mt Magnet, WA (the name hints at geo-mag activity).
edit on 14-6-2014 by RifRAAF because: wow. this is bigger than the mountain of this threads title

3rd ETA: I promise this is the last one. My dad tells me we went into a cave near Hyden (I dont remember this or remember it at a different location). He said he thought it was Called the Hippopotamus Cave?? I cant find this listed online, maybe it actually has a different name (my dad is old). I am now planing a road trip!. Thank you all for the info, you have me inspired!.
edit on 14-6-2014 by RifRAAF because: Stop asking the old man questions.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: RifRAAF

No need to apologize for interesting edits. : )
Since geomagnetic activity is the likely cause of whatever strange phenomena may have occurred at the Untersberg (apart from careless hiking), listing other similar features around the world might be relevant, and it is certainly interesting.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Still not out, but hereis a recent (a few hours old) English-langage report on it.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Who was Frederick Barbarossa?

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Interesting...

While I have no urge to go spelunking (claustrophobia will do that to you) It looks like an interesting place for a good long hike.

I am moving to Germany at the end of the summer have to do some more research..

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Good to see some life back into the thread! I saw the reports about the trapped caver, and thought about linking it myself....someone beat me to it!

Some new input with a local perspective, particularly regarding what people know about the mountain, will surely inject som life back in also, and will be very welcome, Sanitarium79. Welcome to the thread....you could be here a while...

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Still not out, but getting there.
Here is a German-language report - with video - of the latest stage of the rescue, the most difficult one.
www.t-online.de...

And here is an earlier video, from The Guardian:

www.theguardian.com...

edit on 16-6-2014 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
On that link, the diagram of the cave has a branch labled as "monster-schacht"--I dont know German, is monster any sort of reference to mythical beings that are supposed to live there?

Sorry if this has been covered or sounds really stupid to you guys that know German.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: RifRAAF

Not that I know of. As far as I know, it only means a "monster" shaft in the same sense that it would in English: i.e. it's a really really big and deep and difficult shaft to climb. (Fancy names for caves are quite common among spelunkers.)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueOrb2
good to be back - after a Long time.
but in the last days the mountain has been present everywhere.
the caver is rescued and the Story has been most wonderful.
on june 19 th - has been a lucky ending - after 11 days!
this rescue has been a historical Event.
but - remember june 19th 2008? an american Girl at the same area:
i only found a german newsstory:
http:// www.krone.at/Oesterreich/Amerikanerin_ueberlebt_drei_Naechte_am_Untersberg-Wunder_am_Berg!-Story-104734
the same date!!! near summer solstice.
a very curious Story.
but so is the moutain.
we are in resonance with him.
thank you, untersberg

edit on 19-6-2014 by white eagle because: link is wrong

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Is there any good documentary about this anywhere?

new topics

top topics

<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join