It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Untersberg - The Mystery Mountain

page: 77
<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Not sure if anyone touched on this i cant be bothered looking through all the posts, but they made a 10 euro silver coin in appreciation of untersberg and they put 2 gnomes on it
pretty cool..

also the gnome is pointing at something in the mountain, then on the flip side of the coin is King Charlamagne looking sad, and the gnome has brought in the boy to see him.
edit on 23-1-2013 by olli123321 because: change of information

Here is your picture from the silver coin

Tells a great deal of the story.
Great find m8

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Just finished reading this thread, I've really enjoyed reading, there is definitely something going on at this mountain range, my husbands mum was born and brought up in the harts mountains, and although it doesn't compare to this she said she had some strange experiences there even... I'll have to ask her more about that. (I know it's probably a bit late I but only just found the thread recently. ) but I was wondering if anyone had heard of the work of the reverend Robert kirk of aberfoyle in Scotland, he wrote something called the secret commonwealth of elves fauns and fairies in 1691 here is a section on dwarves

The subterranean inhabitants, mr kirks first chapter, 'of the subterranean inhabitants,' naturally suggests the recent speculations of mr. Macritchies. The gist of mr macritchies testimony of tradition is that there once was a race of earth-dwellers in this island; that their artificial caves still exist; that this people survive in popular memory as "the legendary feens," and as the pechts of popular tales, in which they are regarded as dwarfs. "The pechs were unco wee bodies, but terrible strang." Here, then, it might be thought that we have the origin of fairy beliefs. There really was, on this showing, a dwarf race, who actually did live in the "fairy-hills," or Howes, now commonly looked on as sepulchral monuments.

I know it's not actually a mountain but described as a rocky outcrop but alderley edge in Cheshire has had some strange phenomenon, there is of course the legend of he wizard generally thought to be merlin, but King Arthur and his knights are thought to be in enchanted sleep under the edge another king under the mountain story? Even though its not a mountain

What follows is merely an example of the folktales of Alderley, taken from the more anecdotal material in order to show the variety and the richness inherent in this form of oral history. One night in about January 1941, Eric Garner (b.1934) (father of Alan garner) was playing with two friends on the Edge. They stopped to rest on Stormy Point. And they heard music in the air and under the ground. Eric has lived all his life below Saddlebole, but he has not heard the music again. Roy Pearson (b.1932) was shown by his father the point near the Old Quarry where, his father said, if he were to put his ear to the ground, he would sometimes hear the knights and their horses stirring in their sleep. In 1843, Louisa Stanley wrote: "The people living on the Edge persuade themselves that they hear music under the ground." (Stanley, Louisa, Alderley Edge and its Neighbourhood [J. Swinnerton, Macclesfield, 1843, p.28]).

Also this more recent sighting.

In 1993, at night, between The Wizard Inn and Beacon Lodge, a taxi driver had to swerve to avoid what he described as an abnormally tall and thin man, dressed in dark clothing and with long white hair and beard, who walked into the road in front of him. The driver stopped, but could find nobody. The taxi was on its way from Macclesfield to Mobberley. All of above From www.alderleyedge.manchester.museum...

Also talking of time slips or ghosts my mum used to work in what used to be the home of Elizabeth Gaskell, she had to work late one night with some colleagues and had to go in the back room to copy something, she said she could see something out of the corner of her eye and when she turned round she could see someone standing and looking out of the window then she noticed they were grey and see through she didn't hang around long enough to notice anymore and legged it
. but she said that this apparition didn't move, just stood gazing through the window and was wearing what looked like regency clothing.
edit on 29-1-2013 by Gildenel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gildenel

my husbands mum was born and brought up in the harts mountains, and although it doesn't compare to this she said she had some strange experiences there even... I'll have to ask her more about that.

The Harz mountains, in Germany?
By all means, do ask her and post it here.

I love that place.
But then, I have never met a mountain that I didn't like.

P.S. Regarding "ghosts", I hope you can get your hands on T. Lethbridge's book about "ghosts and ghouls", which has been mentioned in this thread.
It's one of the best books on the subject, written by a man who had a truly scientific mind.

edit on 30-1-2013 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by AdAstra

Sorry iPad auto change feature I hate it, I did type hertz, no really I did. I missed the post about that book must have been delirious from all the reading, will have to get hold of a copy.

Bye the way sorry about the link, this archive used to be accessible but now access is denied for some reason. ???
edit on 31-1-2013 by Gildenel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Gildenel

It's Harz, anyway.

I am only dwelling on the spelling to avoid any confusion.

I would be very interested to hear about your mother-in-law's experiences there.
The area has been a major mining center for thousands of years, so I am sure there's a lot of potential for magnetic anomalies there.

P.S. Sorry about the reference to Lethbridge's book. I thought the book had been named specifically (because the author of the post and I talked about it a lot), but I see it hasn't, only the author has.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Anyway, he should be mandatory reading for anyone interested in these subjects.

You can find excerpts of "Ghosts and Ghouls" online, via Google Books.
The book itself is out of print, but any decent library in Britain should have it.

edit on 31-1-2013 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by AdAstra

how embarrassing sorry brain not in gear as usual, ok hartz, can't blame the computer for that last one all me. She had spoken to me about the area, but I'd not read about it, and reading about the untersberg (hope I spelt that one right) made me remember.

I will ask her about it, I have to ring her but she talks forever, (the last time i rang her it was 3 hours) as she lives quite far away from us and is alone quite a lot, what she said was it was quite strange growing up there, and the stories from the black Forrest seemed quite real to her, I'm sure she said the black Forrest is that the area? not looked on a map, but I will have to. I've already got too much work to do and now there's even more.
edit on 31-1-2013 by Gildenel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

No, it's Harz, without the T. :-)
And there's no reason for you to feel embarrassed. It's probably that ubiquitous Hertz rent-a-car that's messing with people's heads, because even some German people feel like there's a letter missing in the name when they write it down.

The Black Forest, the Schwarzwald, is quite far from the Harz. It's in the south-west of Germany.
But I have no doubt there are interesting stories from there, too.

Anyway, I found these folk tales from the Harz online:

www.uncommon-travel-germany.com...

Fairy tales can be very interesting, as we all know.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AdAstra

Oh no, this is awfull, my husband just saw that and won't stop laughing at me, no sympathy whatsoever, this is what you get for being a zombie, now I have to go and do some reading.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

LOL
Oh come on, husband, there are far worse things to be seen on this website!

Seriously, I wouldn't have insisted if it weren't for the fact that some people, quite a lot of people - who look quite normal in every aspect! - seem unable to find any information on the internet unless the names are spelled 100 % correctly. I have seen people even ignore - actually, look right through - Google's suggestion of an alternative spelling (the correct spelling).
It's functional illiteracy, and it's rampant.

So, for those who'd like to find out more things about these mountain ranges and forests, it's safer if it's spelled exactly right.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Incubustis

wow a european legend so far without mass slaughter

very interesting thanks

it's a long thread so posting to find it easier later

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AdAstra

Found this while reading didn't notice it in the thread so sorry if reposting

In his monologue on February 2, 1942, Hitler said that his residence in Obersalzberg - Berghof, was "Gralsburg". This indicates a certain connection to the Holy Grail and the Templars. Just a few days before the air strikes hit Obersalzberg some local people reported seeing strange SS convoys heading toward the Zillertal Alps (a mountain range on the Austrian and Italian border) where they, on their way to the Schleigeiss Glacier, allegedly buried some boxes deep in the ice. Some esoteric authors write that the Holy Grail is here. The buses to the Kehlsteinhaus depart from a (lower) parking place near the Obersalzberg"s Documentation Center. The ruins of Berghof, the Hitler"s residence, can be seen after a five minutes walk if you follow the path directed toward the left when coming out of the main entrance of the Documentation Center (take the left turn on the intersection after a few minutes walk away from the Documentation Center, as the path to the right will bring you to a hotel). The Berchtesgaden"s surroundings conceal many mysteries. A few of them are associated with the Untersberg massif between Berchtesgaden and Salzburg. The Untersberg is a source of many otherworldly legends about underground people and dwarfs. The Templars had allegedly built their secret temple for goddess Isais here and Men of the Black Stone allegedly organized their secret meetings here. There are many reports of disappearances on the Untersberg and accounts similar to those we hear from the Bermuda Triangle - the time on people"s watches shifts, or people completely disappear. Some esoteric authors write that the Eagle"s Nest was built with secret societies" knowledge and that its positions are not random. The 124-meter long tunnel and the 124-meter long lift shaft made in the rock must give you a hunch that the number 124 was not randomly chosen. Perhaps we cross here the threshold of theomatics - a science that deals with "numbers of God"s mathematics". Albeit Nazis totally turned away from God with their heinous deeds, much of their occult beliefs have still remained unexposed to the public. Theomatics works with the numerical interpretation of the Bible. This science is based upon the fact that every letter of the Greek and Hebrew alphabet has its number. In this concept, the number 124 is for Eden.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   

I remember Hitler was discussed a lot in this thread, which only makes sense, but I don't remember this particular excerpt either.
Even if it was posted, it's been so long that I am sure nobody would object to rereading it.

BTW, wasn't there a PDF of the thread or something? I don't have it but I remember seeing it.
It's easily searchable, obviously, so that would be a good idea for anyone interested in this thread.

edit on 2-2-2013 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AdAstra

I couldn't find the pdf but tthere is this

www.thelivingmoon.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Ah, how interesting! Thanks.
(I remember that 1938 article about "Herr Hitler" from another context. It really is telling.
)

I couldn't find the PDF either. I'll have to ask my cousin if she has it (if I can locate her!).
Meanwhile, here's a "book of threads" for August 2008, which includes this thread bt also many other interesting threads.

/ayn6bz6

(Apparently this site doesn't know how to handle TinyUrl?
Fine, here's the long version:

Book of Threads

edit on 2-2-2013 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by olli123321

also the gnome is pointing at something in the mountain, then on the flip side of the coin is King Charlamagne looking sad.
edit on 23-1-2013 by olli123321 because: change of information

The king - not necessarily Charlemagne - is not "looking sad", he is ASLEEP.
Did you not read this thread?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Pretty much 100% of what you quoted has been mentioned in this thread at some point in the past. There's a lot of information in these 77 pages, but it's there somewhere.

I know, because a lot of it i mentioned - back in the time when i had much more time to dedicate to this thread - more than i do now, but i still check in to make sure it's still alive!

The problem is, i think that we have discovered so much information, put forward so many suggestions, and unearthed so many tangents in this thread, that further information is very difficult to find, if not impossible, on the web.

I always feel that a huge kick in the behind for this thread would be some first hand knowledge from the mountain and it's surroundings, via someone going there and doing some investigation, taking pictures, following up on some of the information contained here in the thread.

Alas, i'm a little too far away to make it there anytime soon, but hopefully someone in our company in Germany may invite me for a trip in the summer, and i can at least eek a weekend visit out of it.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueOrb

Sorry about that I thought it was probably in there, but couldn't remember seeing it, the place really does need investigating properly doesn't it? I'll have to go there soon, but I won't be going caving. I was reading a blog yesterday from someone who had been there, but were warned against going up the mountain by a local, who told them that there had been a lot of accidents recently.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

That mountain, as most mountains, is treacherous in the best of conditions. In winter time it would be madness to go there. It's true that the many crevices are more easily visible when the trees and the shrubs are barren, but the ground can be very slippery.
If you go, in the spring or summer, make sure you find a very good guide. Better be safe than sorry. :-)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
since last year the mountain becomes in our region more and more attention.
at the winter solstice there has been worldwide activities. i know from hawaii (event with water from untersberg) and from australia (uluru / ayers rock - ritual with aborigines to connect untersberg and uluru).
it has been fantastic events, which signs the importance of the mountain.
also the events round the mountain itselves.

the mountain has given me order to inform about his dark and lightful natur and personality.
so it is also remarkable, that other people are doing this too:
a famous composer has produced last year a symphony called "dark world untersberg"
www.enjott.com...

and a group of independent filmmaker produces at the moment a film called "black world":
youtu.be...

it is a film with untersberg and the myth of the sleeping emperor as background
describing in 6 episodes the dark side of human beeing.
incredible - because most of his myths are describing a mirrorworld for humans.

and last not least
some news films about untersberg from december 2012:
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

in the last weeks some persons are climbed at the untersberg deeper regions, where only little snow has been there - very unusual for this season.

edit on 4-2-2013 by white eagle because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join