It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Untersberg - The Mystery Mountain

page: 74
<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Missing People have been so frequent that German and Austrian newspapers regularly carry stories on the Mystery. This one shows a police helicopter in search of a couple that recently (2008) went missing (and also addressing the time-leap theory):

Parachutist here never been to these forums before

You mention here that the couple recently went missing

Yet the paper article is from 1987 so whats going on?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I know this thread is old but , awesome thread OP S&F thank's to everyone who contributed.

someone mentioned Odin awhile back about until memory and thought no longer fly around, well Odin has two ravins called munin and thunin wich means memory and thought who fly around and take account of worldy affairs and then report them back to Odin who lives in a great hall with a wolf above the door wich could be seen as a cave, so that's those ravins flying around a mountain agian.

and there's an author called rabbi david cooper who wrote a book called "entering the sacred mountain" wich may be interestion there's a quote that say's

"What does it mean to enter the mountain of wisdom rather than "climb" or "ascend"? The Torah describes Moses going up Mt. Sinai to get the tablets of teachings. However a literal reading of the actual Hebrew suggests that Moses went “into” the mountain. The Kabbalist reads this as that Moses needed to enter a higher state of consciousness in order to fulfill his destiny, and this translates into our “inner Moses,” the part of us that yearns to merge with the Divine, is receiving obvious instruction here and throughout the Torah on how to go about opening one’s Awareness to the true nature of things." here rabbidavidcooper.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by IMSAM

Obviously I am not the OP, but considering the date of the article I am speculating it's simply a mistake, the OP having uploaded -by mistake- the image of an article that refers to the original story, from 1987.

Speaking of which, I am also sure now that the original 1987 story was a hoax; and there were a few other later incidents that were satisfactorily explained (some were mentioned in this thread).

But the fact remains there is something funny about that mountain. I am sure it has to do with all the magnetic anomalies found in the Alpine region (also mentioned and discussed in the thread).
Whatever it is, it is worth exploring.

edit on 22-6-2012 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-6-2012 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by hopethishelps

It does help, HopeThisHelps. :-)
In fact, it's quite an interesting contribution.

Regardless of the specifics of each case, there are a few general mythological layers here that need to be taken into account.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueOrb

BTW, and I am sorry if this particular case has been mentioned here already (I needn't tell you it's a long long thread
), but there is an interesting old story by Athanasius Kirchner that there were dragons living on Mount Pilatus, in Switzerland.
As you can probably infer from my previous posts I am not one to jump on the more far-fetched hypotheses first, plus I know the mountains rather well, so I am somewhat familiar with natural phenomena.
But his account is worth reading (even if it's only for entertainment purposes) because of the way it is phrased:

In 1619 as I was contemplating the serene sky by night, I saw a very bright dragon with flapping wings go from a cave in a great rock in the mount called Pilatus [pictured above] toward another cave, known as Flue, on the opposite side of the lake [Lucerne]. Its wings were agitated with much celerity; its body was long as well as its tail and neck. Its head was that of a serpent with teeth, and when it was flying, sparks were coming out of it like the embers thrown by an incandescent iron when struck by smiths on an anvil. At first, I thought it was a meteor, but after observing more closely, (I saw) it was truly a dragon from the recognizable motion of the members. This I write to you, your reverence, in case you should doubt that dragons truly exist in nature.’

www.strangehistory.net...

It would be interesting to see what people think this could have been.
I have no specfic ideas myself at this point.

edit on 27-6-2012 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I'm sure i touched on somethng a while ago, regarding a theory (mine), that in some way the Untersberg was a magnetic hotspot with a direct "bridge", through a thin area of a layer of the earth's atmosphere / magnetic field, and as such was greatly affected by the sun's solar emmissions, etc.

Imagine my surprise, then, when i found the following article online yesterday:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

One good quote:

'Magnetic portals are invisible, unstable and elusive. They open and close without warning and there are no signposts to guide us in,'

I really must find the time and go back through this thread and remind myself what i was thinking.......also, to convince myself that i did in fact touch on this, and am not imagining it!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueOrb

Those "magnetic portals", or rather flux transfer events, are not the same, of course, but this matters little in view of the general idea you had. You know, I've noticed long ago that those notions or ideas about processes that form spontaneously -intuitively- always end up being correct or validated by science.
So I wouldn't be surprised if further discoveries additionally confirmed your theory about this process.

(So sorry, I can't express myself well. My English has been regressing badly lately because I have almost no contact with native speakers anymore.)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
update:
Mittagsscharte - Untersberg
in the center of the plateau you find a small valley called mittagsscharte:

there is a myth from a secret port to the mountain (i think, i have told about)

and now i have found the possible reason of this name - and of the name untersberg
(maybe coming from an old word for high noon)
but i dont think, it is the reason for the geolocial situation of the mountain
but for the phenomenon of the light ray at summer solstice exactly at high noon coming in the the cave called "steinerner kaser" in this valley:

the first image i have made at june the 21. (2012)
also the second image (not by me) is from this date in another year.

it has been a coincidence of a special situation. but the most fascinating fact is the date and the incoming sunray from the top of the cave.
i stand in the cave and hold this ray in my hand. incredible !

now i wrote a book about the secret and energetic places of this mountain.
coming up in autumn
with a very good topografic map.

and the hint to Athanasius Kircher and mount pilatus is also very interesting.
are dragons real in former times? maybe
but an other explantion can be the energetic view of dragon like the chines way (dragon lines are leylines?)
in the map i workt with leylines.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by white eagle

White Eagle, that's very interesting. Thanks!

Good luck with the book.

and the hint to Athanasius Kircher and mount pilatus is also very interesting. are dragons real in former times? maybe but an other explantion can be the energetic view of dragon like the chines way (dragon lines are leylines?)

I know, it is interesting, and I am surprised nobody here has tried to offer an explanation so far.
I would never ever have thought that dragons were real, I still don't. But Kircher wasn't some ignorant kook. And this is his eyewitness testimony. He did see something. What was it?

Unless one decides he was simply lying. But that's a slippery slope that can relativize everything.
On the basis of WHAT can one decide something like that?
I think it's much more scientifically-minded to assume he did see what he describes, and try to detemine what was it.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
i would never have known anything about this unless by your words, so i thank you. i am in wonderment and awe, so i look forward to your findings amidst your diligent task in translation.

i do not know why people think they have all the answers when there are subjects like this blaring in their faces. we are only now capable of beginning to understand the true nature of this life, world, and universe.

skyfloating, you are a true asset to this community in your objective theories, postulations, and presentations, so in case you are ever feeling less than what some may consider useful or prudent, i must say i support your thoughts and beliefs that readily take on a universal and humanly uplifting sentiment.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I feel a little uncomfortable about this - but only a little
, so I'll just go ahead and ask this question that has been on my mind durng my past few visits to this thread....
I've noticed that the OP, Skyfloating, hasn't participated in this thread since early November 2010. That's almost two years.
Now, I am not suggesting for a second that any OP, in any thread, should be constantly participating in it; but there have been a few questions addressed directly to the OP; and anyway, this absence is in such a stark contrast to earlier behavior that I just have to wonder:

Skyfloating, have you found something - some information - that made this thread cease to be worthwhile to you? If it's personal, never mind. But if it is of more general interest, please do share it.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
indeed - where is skyfloating?

my experience in communication with the mountain is, that you will have a wonderful resonance.
it is very difficult to describe, but if you practice near the mountain and you explore with a pure heart on all the secrets and myths you will become many fine gifts. the mountain is like a guard who gives you protection for your life.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by white eagle

When I was there, I did feel a very nice, vital and warm energy (but I usually feel like that in the mountains; I come from a mountain-crazy family :-)). So did my travel companions. It does have a very good, strong energy about it.

This year I'll be in Greece in August, but for those who are planning a trip.... August 15 is approaching.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by AdAstra

Skyfloating, have you found something - some information - that made this thread cease to be worthwhile to you? If it's personal, never mind. But if it is of more general interest, please do share it.

Good question.

Regarding the "energy" of the mountain, I can confirm that it felt very uplifting, quite exhilarating, so that even minor annoyances could not dispel the feeling.
But then, I, too, am from a "mountain-crazy" family.

edit on 18-8-2012 by Vanitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
ok guys, i am slowly catching up, there is a LOT of reading in this thread, and i would like to thank everyone
involved, i stumbled on this a couple of days ago and started at page 1, and am now on page 48.

This is a very fascinating subject, as well as the side subjects. I cant wait to find out more as i read
though the thread and catch up with everyone else.

But a thought hit me, remember the thread a year or so ago 432 pitch tuning, the video with the
sand on the speaker changing shape? just curious if that would have any role into this investigation,
since in pre time 440 was not the standard pitch.

Just thinking out loud throwing it out there for food for thought since we are talking energy lines and
vibrations. This may have already been covered, but i'm not that far along in the thread yet. Call me silly
but i prefer to start at the beginning and read all the way through with the links and info rather than jump in
the middle. So i shall catch up to everyone in a day or so, depending on how many more pages there are
to go.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Also blueorb and sky, for aligning things up, you might also take into consideration any tectonic plate moments in the area. I am not sure there have been any, but we are talking a huge span of time that has been researched, things on google earth now may not of been the exact location of them say 500 years ago.

just a consideration to think about.

page 49 now ....

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueOrb
Magnetism affects not so much "the brain", itself, but rather components or areas of the brain, specifically the Pineal Gland, which houses / controls the "body clock" mechanism inside us. Hence the possibility of missing time or time anomalies, when subject to increased levels of magnetism.

I'd be intersetd to hear from anyone who has had an MRI scan or similar - have they experienced any sort of time anomaly? E.g. did they come out thinking no time had passed yet they had been in the hospital for 3 hours, or similar?

Just had a MRI last month, and thinking of your question, while i was aware that it was going to take a while to do the test and the prep for the test, i do remember it not seeming to take as long as it did.. i knew time wise it would take 3-4 hours, but when walking out of the hospital after the test it didnt feel as though it had been that long, felt more like a 20 min stop.

not sure if i helped any, but since you asked.

P.S. I am on page 59 slowly catching up, although my condition is starting to kick my butt i may have
to go lay down for a bit and pick this up later, we shall see how far i get.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul
Also blueorb and sky, for aligning things up, you might also take into consideration any tectonic plate moments in the area. I am not sure there have been any, but we are talking a huge span of time that has been researched, things on google earth now may not of been the exact location of them say 500 years ago.

just a consideration to think about.

page 49 now ....

You're one committed reader.

This thread needs more people like you.

There was a huge earthquake in 1348 that actually changed the landscape somewhat and was reported about all over Europe, but it was actually felt in the eastern part of the Alps only, I think.
And there were at least four earthquakes, with the epicentre in Bavaria, from the 13th to the 17the century; the epicentre of the earthquake of 1390 was in Bad Reichenhall, which is practically at the Untersberg.

But I know know of no landscape-altering earthquakes, like the 1348 one, in that specific area.
Of course, I am no expert on this.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

Welcome to the thread - you should be nearly up to date by now, i expect!

Thanks for the reply - that's a good enough answer for me!

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas
...... the epicentre of the earthquake of 1390 was in Bad Reichenhall, which is practically at the Untersberg.

You kept that one quiet, didn't you?!!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join