It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Untersberg - The Mystery Mountain

page: 71
<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueOrb

Force majeure notwithstanding, the LHC will see its first circulating beam on 10 September at the injection energy of 450 GeV (0.45 TeV)."

[snip]

For the record, 450 GeV is 450 BILLION Volts.......Maybe September 10th will be an interesting day on the Swiss / French border?

I know this is way after the fact, but I've been reading through this entire fascinating thread and when I came across this, I was forced by my nerdness to push up my glasses, adjust my pocket protector, and reply:
450 GeV is four-hundred and fifty Giga-electron-Volts. Note the word in bold.

In physics, the electron volt (symbol eV; also written electronvolt[1][2]) is a unit of energy equal to approximately 1.602×10−19joule (symbol J). By definition, it is equal to the amount of kinetic energy gained by a single unbound electron when it accelerates through an electric potential difference of one volt. Thus it is 1 volt (1 joule per coulomb, 1 J/C) multiplied by the electron charge (1 e, or 1.602176565(35)×10−19 C). Therefore, one electron volt is equal to 1.602176565(35)×10−19 J.

Note all the negative exponents. These are very, very tiny numbers we're talking about, in normal-world terms. CERN's accomplishment with the LHC is that they have been able to multiply the normal energy of the particles they are colliding(protons) by many times the amount normally contained by such particles. This gives them energy levels that approach the energy of the big bang, but only on a sub-atomic scale. If I stuck someone with a taser that released a charge of 450 GeV, they wouldn't even feel a shock.
edit on 9/12/2011 by Tsurugi because: General editing.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

I've been thinking a bit about the Iron Gate/Cave myself, and a relative of mine who has some experience in speleology told me that caves do have the habit of "appearing"/"disappearing", seemingly out of nowhere. For example, there are certain caves that had been found (and duly marked on maps), only to get "lost" again.

Yes. And let me tell you, it is annoying and embarrassing when it happens.
My brother and I had a job in which we did clearing and some landscaping of large areas of private properties, usually ranch-type properties(we live in south Texas). Before doing the clearing work in our machines, we would go out on foot with a GPS, some topography maps from USGS, and some flagging tape, so we could mark the boundaries of the areas to work in. Keep in mind we're talking about some pretty rugged terrain, little or no path or road access, lots of boulder-strewn steep hillsides. Look around 29°55'00.84" N 99°18'26.42" W on GE for the type of land I'm talking about. Not mountains, just lots of steep hills and narrow valleys.

Anyway, on one job, we found the entrance to a good sized cave on the side of a hill. The entrance was a hole a good 7-8ft.(2-2.5m) across. Marked it with the GPS. We couldn't explore inside because we didn't have lights or anything, so we figured to come back later, better prepared(we're amateur spelunkers, have lots of gear).

Later, meeting with the landowner(a really interesting older guy with degrees in math and physics), we were talking about how awesome his property was, just from what we had seen of it. He got enthusiastic and offered to show us around. We all piled into an ATV(it was like a Razor, but bigger) and he drove us all over the property, mainly on old ranch roads that barely deserved the name "road".

At some point he mentioned caves, and we told him about the opening we had found. He got excited again and started talking about a map. He drove us to an old cabin that had come with the property, which he had been using to camp in until he could finish building a proper house. He dug around in the cabin for a few minutes until he found a large folded piece of paper. Yep, it was a map. Hand-drawn, very detailed, dated 1930-something. He said he found it in the cabin.

It wasn't a treasure map or anything, just a meticulous hand drawn map of the property by some previous owner. The cave we had located was marked on the map, with distances from the entrance to two separate landmarks carefully noted, which should have made locating the entrance a relatively easy process.

He told us they(him and his family) had been unsuccessful in finding the entrance, which puzzled him. We told him we had marked it on our GPS and would be glad to take him there.

When we got to the place we had marked, there was no cave. Everything looked right, down to the protruding rock formations of the hillside. The large hole was not visible, and we haven't yet found it again. Annoying.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueOrb

So, "Arise, that which is sown" or "Let that which is sown, rise" is where i'm at with this at the moment.

Could it even stretch to "As you sow, so shall ye reap"???

If this is right, it makes a connection with the legends of how the "dwarven" people sometimes dealt with humans: Humans with bad intentions got what they deserved(bad stuff), humans with good intentions(or no intentions) were rewarded?
Just a thought.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueOrb

The Large Hadron Collider (LHC), which i also brought up here, is much talked about as being able to open up a wormhole, black hole, whatever, and lead to a means to "time travel", for want of better words. It is basically powered by the world's largest ever electromagnets, built especially for the project. So magnetism is key to the operation.

Dusting off my pocket protector again.
Magnetism is a large part of the LHC, yes. They use those huge supercooled electromagnets to bend the particle beam into a circle. Naturally, being a "beam" of protons moving at 99.99999~~~ lightspeed, they want very much to go in a straight line. The magnets ease them into a circle, so we can do stuff with them instead of losing them to interstellar space.
Incidentally, the particle beam has a lot of energy by the time it's completely charged up. The LHC is aiming for 14TeV collisions, meaning they will have two beams, each at an energy level of 7TeV per proton, traveling around the LHC beam tube in opposite directions. At certain places, the beams are merged, and there is where collisions take place.

What's really interesting(or scary, depending on your viewpoint), is the beam's mass at full acceleration is roughly analogous to a 700-car locomotive traveling 100km/h. That's why CERN has a "Beam Dump" system, where they let an unstable beam travel down a straight tunnel and collide with a series of baffles and carbon blocks.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Okay, I have finally finished all 70 pages of this amazing thread. (Didn't have to read page 71, as of right now, it is all me)

Here is what I have to add, for what it's worth.

I noted the mention of Ayers Rock / Uluru, somewhere in the middle of the megalithic structure of this thread. Then I noted the mention of Enchanted Rock.

I then noted the mention of possible similarities to phenomena of these two "rocks" and Untersberg.

Well, I live close to Enchanted Rock. And the weather is just now cooling off, perfect for camping. My brother and I are planning to spend a lot of time at Enchanted rock this season, camping and "looking for stuff", if you know what I mean.

Would anyone on this thread be interested in me adding information we get from Enchanted Rock? Or is that too far OT?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Tsurugi

Start a thread if you are taking pics, and recap on the legends of the rock. The folklore sounds interesting as heck.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tsurugi
Would anyone on this thread be interested in me adding information we get from Enchanted Rock? Or is that too far OT?

I think it's a great idea, but, like another poster said, probably it would be better to open a new thread AND keep linking to this thread, when appropriate.
You seem to know a lot. I hope you stick around.

edit on 12-9-2011 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
cool thread, made it to page 55 and needed to cool my brain

and lo and behold what I just stumbled upon on the net: this is what i've been thinking for the last ten pages or so, sorry if it's been mentioned recently :d

-and yes, I read the cave story... :s
edit on 12-9-2011 by khnumkhufu because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-9-2011 by khnumkhufu because: youtube vid embed tests :/

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by adrenochrome

Originally posted by SpookyVince
I've heard of that mountain, but the least I can say is that it holds contradictory legends...

According to the different things I've heard/read:
- it is populated with dwarves/goblins
- it is populated with women of an awesome beauty (and possibly they would capture the men who would let themselves attract, kind of similar to the sirens stories)
- Charlemagne is sleeping there, and he's waiting the day the ravens will stop flying around the mountain to restore the former Germanic Empire to its glory; he's sending everyday a little boy out to see if the ravens are still flying
- same story as above, but with Frederick Barbarossa (Frederic Barberousse), whose beard would have already been growing through the table he's sitting at...

now you have me wondering if it's an entrance to Hollow Earth! IF all that's true... though i have a feeling it is...

Welcome to Mordor...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBaskettIV
Start a thread if you are taking pics, and recap on the legends of the rock. The folklore sounds interesting as heck.

We will be taking pics, and video. So...a new thread. Ok.

And I agree, the folklore is interesting.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdAstra

Originally posted by Tsurugi

I think it's a great idea, but, like another poster said, probably it would be better to open a new thread AND keep linking to this thread, when appropriate.

Ah. That's a good idea.

You seem to know a lot. I hope you stick around.

Thank you.

I will be sticking around. Hopefully I won't seem to "know less and less" each time I post.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Tsurugi

I am glad you agree. If I were you, I would mention this thread in the opening post, and then just link to it when relevant.

Hopefully I won't seem to "know less and less" each time I post.

Ah, that's inevitable --- but only in real life.
Here, the wisdom just accumulates.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Hi!
I'm living in Wals, near Salzburg / Austria. Sorry for my english, but I found some interesting articles here and so I made an account.
My great hobby is also the Untersberg / Templar Knights and I made also some interesting experiences.
I know also a book author who wrote this book:
Gems of Dominion: Mysterious Mount Untersberg - does anyone know it?

The author writes about time tunnels on the mountain and about a disappeard nazi general hans kammler, who found a time tunnel on the mountain and lives inside it.
Although some parts of the sounds a little bit unbelieveable, the investigations with some people of my area around the untersberg brought some interesting experiences to the light.
So does anyone know about the book?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterien1

How interesting!
I don't know anything about this book, but I am sure White Eagle or maybe Blue Orb do.

Can you tell more about those "interesting experiences" you mentioned?

edit on 25-9-2011 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by AdAstra

Yes - as best as I can with my bad english:
My wife and I and another friend went last summer, after we heard about the book and met the author up to the untersberg. Instead the normal route we walked up the mountain on a very ould way. The way leads to an old small mining village and after the village we came to a saddle (a saddle is a part of a mountain). There our friend told us that he noticed a smell of cigarettes some weeks ago, although no people were here and he didn't smoke. We passed the saddle and we smelt a fresh burning match - all 3 of us, but no one was here and we had no match with us. We walked forward and after a minute we noticed somethin like "kitchen odor" - my wife and our friend smelt it. But there were no other peoples.
We also met 2 people who told us, that they "lost" 20 minutes during there walk on the mountain. Their watch showed 20 minutes less after the walk. One of them told us, that he was stopped during walking from an invisible force. That means, that he couldn't go forward. After some minutes he walked back to the starting point and he noticed that he lost 20 minutes. this happened near the middle oft the mountain.
In Ettenberg, beside Marktschellenberg, we found signs from the templars - the "paws crossed" - its their special cross, what they had.
Also in an old legend book the author told, that he met a witnesses from an incident - where a man was lost on the mountain for 4 weeks.

Its a very interesting area here...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Well, this got to be one of the more interesting first-hand stories I've heard in a long time.
Thank you very much for telling.

Maybe there should be a forum or something, to share stories specific to the Untersberg?

(I was sooooo tempted to slip in a joke about that cigarette smoke, but only one person here would understand it, and that person may not even read this. :-))

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Mysterien, one more thing. May I ask, do you remember the date of your visit last summer when all this happend?
Or at least which month it was?

edit on 26-9-2011 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AdAstra

So sorry to keep piling posts, apparently the policy for editing posts hs been changed?

I was just wondering, did that other person, the one who couldn't walk on, tell you where exactly it happened (the exact spot where he was "stopped" by the invisible force - sounds like magnetism)? Could you show it on a map?
Pinpointed locations are extremely valuable for the study of such phenomena.

edit on 26-9-2011 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
hello mysterien,
i am living very nearly to you in ainring.
i know the author and the book.
the time anomalies are well known in this region.
please remember, the author has written a novel!
if you want, we can communicate directly!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
-

edit on 5-10-2011 by mysterien1 because: it is in german.

top topics

<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join