It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Untersberg - The Mystery Mountain

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Very Cool! Starred, Flagged, and Subscribed. I'm going to be spending a large portion of today googling this mountain! I can't wait to hear more of the folk tales.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Having arrived at their place of destination, one of the groups members told a story about a King who´s entire staff of soldiers had dissappeared here. He said they had been "abducted by ghosts".

Just as a "footnote", I'd like to add that this is a very widespread motif, especially in Central Europe.

The King In the Mountain

N.B. That doesn't mean, or imply, that the stories should be dismissed.
(Quite the opposite actually.)
I am just saying that everyone interested in researching this topic should be aware of them.

And BTW, I am familiar with some of the locations mentioned in the article.
All of them are said to be "hollow".
(Which makes sense, of course, in view of the legend - but it's still interesting.)

[edit on 25-8-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Thanks for a prompt response, Sky, but I'm wondering if the strict-writing Catholics in the area have the story recorded. Link?

If there are hundreds of these time slip stories from that area (or pertaining to mountains in general), I find it difficult to believe that they are not the most studiously researched subject on the planet. I understand that there are many mysteries that require study to unravel but time travel? That's gotta be at least in the top 5 "check it out" fields of research. Have we become (or always been) so blasse' that something of this pith and moment is brushed off as "cool. what's for lunch?"

I guess what I'm asking is: Has anyone seriously investigated these anomalies, and if so, what were their findings? Are further investigations planned? If scientific investigation into the phenomena have revealed data, what has been done with the findings? Any new inventions? Patents? Weapons?

Thanks for a fascinating topic and for your responses.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

I think what Skyfloating meant when he wrote about the Catholics being "strict" at recording these things is the fact that all events involving a sacrament (birth, death, marriage) had to be meticulously recorded by papal decree of 1603. (Which is why the pope in question is probably hailed as the patron saint of all present-day genealogists...
)

By implication, that means that records prior to 1603 are not consistent, let alone complete.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
It's a banner day. Not one, but two SF threads to marvel at and engage with -- ala bigfatfurrytexan, wanted to chime in and play too (s&f obv).

Anyway, looked around in out of print books for more specific names and dates for some of the stories you have related as well as looking for some new ones (as someone on the previous page brought up that there might be a record of a wedding party that disappears and shows up 100 years later).

Lazarus Gitschner's story is recorded in from many sources including liturgical and dates to 1529.

The hunter who went missing and showed up for his funeral was Michael Hulzogger and the date was 1738. It was apprently recorded in a a Farmer's Alamanac from that year. He would not speak of what he saw. He was summoned by Archbishop Firmian of Salzburg to whom he said he would only relate his info during confession. Firmian heard his confession, promptly quit the church, refused to say what had transpired in the confession and both he and Hulzogger died shortly thereafter.

I will dig around some more later to see if I can find any more specific date/name data to support the thread.
Cheers!
TWISI

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Hey, Great post, I am trying to locate it on google earth, I have found the town Untersberg but cant find the mountain. Can anyone give directions or coordinates?'??

Would love to look at it more closely and prepared to visit (only a short flight away).

Thanks

Peace

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Other than these past stories that are handed down, it would be more interesting to fully analyze those more recent with these claims and to test their DNA and hair etc. and put them under hypnosis.

We also in some ways experience missing time when we are asleep. It may be possible this is just part of some continual set of mind games some alien species are doing with us.

Although part of my own recall of lost time memories also suggest time standing still, this doesn't mean it actually had either. This may be just another example of their abilities to manipulate our senses as if sleeping.

Please also add links to any other magnetic anomalies around the world such as the Oregon anomaly.

This one site mention the south pole and Hitlers interests there also.

www.enterprisemission.com...

greyfalcon.us...

[edit on 25-8-2008 by aleon1018]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Thanks for clearing that up, Vanitas. I'm sure the practice of recording births, et al, in Bibles was in existence before the 1600's because I have a geneaology that dates back further than than (by about 100 years) and some of the older records are from family bibles.

TWISI, that was great information you provided and freaky about the archbishop.

I love a great story as much as any avid reader but I'm wondering if there's any scientific research into the phenomenon listed. Obviously the military has some interest in the area as Sky mentioned the warning signs posted there by them.

Looking forward to the next installment of this tale.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   

so what is the military designation for that area? If they ahve it restricted, they should ahve it listed, right?

The only German i know is related to my weiner dog.
Does anyone know of a German military base in that area?

What would have happened to the Nazi bases? Would there have been enough continuity to communicate the location of each base to any incomming government?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
reply to post by Vanitas

Thanks for clearing that up, Vanitas. I'm sure the practice of recording births, et al, in Bibles was in existence before the 1600's because I have a geneaology that dates back further than than (by about 100 years) and some of the older records are from family bibles.

Oh - absolutely!
(My own recorded genealogy, to go no further, is quite a few centuries older than that.)

What I meant is that, as official recording wasn't compulsory before 1603, records prior to 1603 are bound to be "spotty" - and, more importantly, any LACK of written evidence (in this case, of the marriage in question) amounts to very little. It proves - or disproves - nothing.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LestatG

Here are the coordinates:

Untersberg

Hope to meet you there.
Or in Alexandria, in any event...

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I don't recall saying that there was a military base there. I was referring to a post made by Sky regarding his personal experience and observations there. He mentioned a warning sign posted by the military in the area. But thanks, those words you put in my mouth sure were tasty.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Well frankly, the reason I started this thread is because google wouldnt help me. I didnt find enough internet data on it.

So I figured "If I do a thread on this, people could find something on it, when they google it". Since Im still in the process of research myself, I´ll deliver sources and references as I get them. Of course...Im also banking on the help of the many readers here to do some digging.

At current I only know of one original source of the wedding-timeslip story, and thats that 1858 book.

[edit on 25-8-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I found no indicator of military presence there...except for all the old Nazi shelters, bunkers, buildings and tunnels...but none modern day.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Skyfloating made mention of it. Sorry...

he stated that he had walked in the area and came upon a fence indicating a mlitary presence with some level of security. I would be interested to know what that presence is, and the scope of its operations.

it is entirely possible that Hitler "unlocked' the secrets of this area in the past, as there have been precious little accounts of sightings of the dwarves in the last 100 or so years (as stated by Skyfloating).

The presence of a military base there, to me, is very telling.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   

yes i tend to agree with that theory,

if there is a mil presence there it is v telling, but it maybe he saw old mil infrastructure left over from the war era.

snoopyuk

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Upon my second visit to the chapel I decided not to return to the ferry with the rest of the tourists but to stay in the area and walk around it. I walked to the end of one side of it, thinking I might be able to walk back to the place I started off at with the ferry, but couldnt, for two reasons: First of all, the path ended and was replaced by a rough mountain cliff. Second of all, to my left side, there was barbed wire and a sign of the german military reading "No Trespassing". Just why there was a barbed wire in military-caution on this otherwise lovely half-isle is still a mystery to me. If you ever go there yourself, walk all the way down to the end of the half-island and see for yourself.

Did you misspeak, or was this from another source and copy/pasted?

another thought...could the military presence come from the Vatican?

[edit on 25-8-2008 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodForbid
Good thread. An enjoyable read and interesting subject.

I'm not bashing this at all, as said above it's an excellent thread and really enjoyable, however I wish to have these thoughts removed by someone with more knowledge perhaps able to explain to me why these thoughts are wrong.

Cheers.

Yeah, kinda makes one wonder why no one from Hollywood or anyone has never or shall I say I have never heard nor seen a documentry on the mountain itself or movie???

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to bigfatfurrytexan:

No, I did see the barbed wire and sign, but when doing a google search and google-earth search I found know indicator of military...thats what I meant to say.

[edit on 25-8-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

That was a great read!! Anything else about their last descent?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join