It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Untersberg - The Mystery Mountain

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by redgy

and as well to an aboriginal legend that "little people" cause the minds of those who see them to go crazy. These beings prefering the darkness and travelling around their set territorys during the night causing mischief to man who is on their so-called land.

(Sorry if this is OT.)
I've been reading through the thread and see dwarfs are also mentioned quite often. Can you tell more about these legends RE the "little people" of the aborigines?

[edit on 8-10-2009 by Ethereal Gargoyle]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
OK, tell you what: I'll pop in to check on this thread from time to time, to see if there are any new developments (because I have this feeling that BlueOrb really might be on to something here - great work so far!
- and I just know there are fascinating discoveries to be made in this case) - or if anything of interest occurs to yours truly.

So, in case I don't respond very promptly, don't think I have lost interest in it.
It's just that the world is a really, really vast place, and it sometimes takes time to retrace one's steps.

[edit on 8-10-2009 by Vanitas]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Ethereal Gargoyle

sorry, I don't have any facts on these little people,
but this story was told to a friend of mine while working on a station in the northern territory by some of the indiginous workers there at the time.
There was an old stockman camped away from the main station, that after waking up this one morning ran out of the hut he had slept in, his mind was changed, blabbering like a fool, he wasn't sure of past things or what he was doing and where he even was. the other workers camped there took him back to the station and the story that followed was that he had seen these little people during the night and that this is what caused his craziness,
these beings must have been in his camp that night and after they were seen by the stockman he was somehow turned crazy by these little people.
They are not supposed to like intruders on their territory and prey on people to play tricks or perform evil things to those that are, and or see these beings.
My friend said he wasn't the same anymore and after a short while could no longer work there. The others[indiginous] also did really believe this to be true and that this is what happened.

here's a few links you might like for some myths/legends about the indiginous people.
en.wikipedia.org...

www.yowiehunters.com...

news.nationalgeographic.com...

As to this thread, there is a creature called Old Red Eye, a name given to an insubstantial entity, having only a vaguely human form. It is said that it can mesmerize it's victims with the glare from it's red eyes as well as causing time to stand still for them. Should they manage to scream they cannot be heard. It is said that Old Red Eye can materialize at any time and anywhere.

I believe there is something about all these kinds of myths/legends or old wives tales as one might catergerize them, and by digging around one might actually find some proof that does still exist to this day. Cheers.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by redgy]

[edit on 9-10-2009 by redgy]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I believe there is something about all these kinds of myths/legends or old wives tales as one might catergerize them, and by digging around one might actually find some proof that does still exist to this day. Cheers.

Yeh, I also think it's unlikely that so many unrelated cultures would have this kind of legends about "little people", dwarfs, fairies, etc., just coming out of nowhere.

Thanks, that was interesting!

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sendran
A quick look in the old Latin dictionary and "surget" is from the verb "to rise" and "satum" meaning "satire".

"Rise Satire"?

I hope we get someone to look at that.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sendran
What's your take on this mystery, do you go for the whole "dwarves equals greys" theory?

That was an idea when I started this thread, but Im not fixed on the idea.

I meanwhile seem to have discovered a similar phenomenon to Untersberg in Tibet, also including dwarves, gnomes and time-travel. Real strange that there seems to be a "mirror" of all of this in Tibet. Maybe thats the reason Hitler sent expeditions there. I hope to post on it all in the Future, but it requires a massive amount of documentation and research.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by blunatic
This is very interesting indeed. There is actually a similar case in Athens, Greece, a cave on Mount Penteli, called "Ntaveli's Cave". Strong magnetic fields, disappearances and paranormal activity had been reported several times at that location, and what is interesting is that, apart from an ancient place of worship, the caves were used for secret military activities and were sealed off to the public until 1983.

Would you mind posting a bit more on this for the benefit, learning and rejuvination of ATSers?

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueOrb

I personally think there are more aligment issues, or specifically placement issues to be researched in regard to the Nazi buildings in this area, and i think that they are linked to earth anomalies, magnestism, gravity, or whatever.

Like i said, it's in progress, but i think more will be revealed.

I cant believe I missed your research post. Good work.

Readers: Check it out on page 42

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Here is a better link to the site Blueorb found:
www.alpenfestung.com...
Be sure to have Google translate to English if it shows up in German.

Awesome pictures as well as the story regarding Hitler's interest in the mountain

"The Untersberg is a place to show the gravity anomalies. This can and must be one of the reasons for the actually occurring phenomena. The nature of these phenomena, we will still have to investigate more closely. There are other sites, so-called places of power, the physically detectable abnormalities occur. Along with a disturbed magnetic field. The time that we perceive objectively based not least on the gravitation of the earth. Both are due to causal...

...The wildest rumor has it that in a motorway tunnel in a research facility, which was also the time should be tampered with, or perhaps could.
Is this just a rumor? We will try to fathom. .......

...The area around the Wewelsburg connect even more with the circumstances Untersberg. Even the legends. In Wewelsburg it is the legend of a birch tree, the Holy. Tree of the Druids, which plays in the area, in return, the Untersberg with the legend of the pear tree on the Walserfeld. (see Sagenteil) On the other hand, the geology is the same in both locations. (see also Drüggelter Chapel)"

Also on this site: Untersberg Crystal Skull:
www.alpenfestung.com...

There is lots more info to read on this site. It's a great find!

[edit on 16-10-2009 by Julie Washington]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas
But I am puzzled; all the more so because during this latest "round" of mine in the ATS arena I've been noticing in many threads that many outstandingly interesting and/or informative posts that would previously get lots of attention now consistently pass unnoticed.
Whatever it is that's happening, it's very odd.

Replying to sensationalistic opening posts has become more important than actually reading threads. Thats why:

Check out BlueOrbs Post on Page 42 Folks!

I missed it too, surprisingly.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
A brief Analysis of the Wikipedia-Entry on dwarves

A dwarf is a creature from Germanic mythologies, fairy tales, fantasy fiction, and role-playing games. It usually has magical talents, often involving metallurgy.

Since metal is to be found under the earth and in mountains this might be some hint as to their whereabouts.

As their mythology evolved, the most notable changes have had them become more comical and more mysterious. They adopted the modern image of short height and ugliness. Their associations with the underground became more predominant.

Are dwarves a species of people who had migrated to subterranean regions and is this why their appearance changed?

Some ancient mythological accounts speak of humans having gone subterranean in order to escape various disasters...

from that of the original dwarf, to the dwarf of later Norse mythology, the dwarf of folk-tales, and of other mythology.

Many sources, by calling dwarves "Germanic" and "Norse" make it appear as if dwarfs are a phenomenon in European areas. This is not true. Legends can also be found in Asia (Tibet and Indonesia) and South America. The article also mentions the "menehune" and "nune" of the Phillipines and the chamorro of guam. I think researching all these other dwarfs might reveal some interesting data.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Reading your post made me think of something.

As these dwarfs are associated with metallurgy, maybe they were not dwarfs but bent because of working in mines. That and working in metallurgy could also account for a different look, when compared with other people, mostly farmers and traders.

Another possibility is that this is something that appeared (I think that many of the European legends appeared in this epoch) when iron started to replace bronze, because the methods are different and the places where iron can be found are not usually (as far as I remember) the same places where copper and tin (the metals used to make bronze) can be found, making it possible that these areas had not a previous knowledge of mining and metallurgy, and even the possibility of these dwarfs being from another country and really looking different, maybe smaller, darker people, for example.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
As these dwarfs are associated with metallurgy, maybe they were not dwarfs but bent because of working in mines. That and working in metallurgy could also account for a different look, when compared with other people, mostly farmers and traders.

Good thinking. Thats a real possibility. Dwarves are often shown as looking ill or sick-ish, pale, having warts, etc. This could be due to years of working in a mine.

Another possibility is that this is something that appeared (I think that many of the European legends appeared in this epoch) when iron started to replace bronze, because the methods are different and the places where iron can be found are not usually (as far as I remember) the same places where copper and tin (the metals used to make bronze) can be found, making it possible that these areas had not a previous knowledge of mining and metallurgy, and even the possibility of these dwarfs being from another country and really looking different, maybe smaller, darker people, for example.

Good thinking again. What seems to be certain is that all these legends dont just pop up for no reason, but have some kind of basis in reality.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Check out BlueOrbs Post on Page 42 Folks!

I missed it too, surprisingly.

But I didn't.
Do I get an honourable mention, a pat on the head, a cookie...?

Anyway, here is a somewhat funny (and not entirely useless) article about dwarves. If it was published in this thread before, just remove the post.

Were dwarves real?

But if I may, I'd like to suggest a new thread dealing specifically with gnomes, dwarves & Co., so it's easier to read and search.

Glad to see this thread giving signs of life again.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by Vanitas]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas
Do I get an honourable mention, a pat on the head, a cookie...?

Online Fortune Cookie Generator

But if I may, I'd like to suggest a new thread dealing specifically with gnomes, dwarves & Co., so it's easier to read and search.

Thats true. Its a wide-topic and will get an excellent research thread of its own...if not by one of us, then by someone else.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
For American readers, more on the history of the Town beside Untersberg (general interest):

The area of Obersalzberg was purchased by the Nazis in the 1920s for their senior leaders to enjoy. Hitler's mountain residence, the Berghof, was located here. Berchtesgaden and its environs (Stanggass) were fitted to serve as an outpost of the German Reichskanzlei office (Imperial Chancellery), which sealed the area's fate as a strategic objective for Allied forces in World War II. Some typical Third Reich buildings in Berchtesgaden include the bahnhof (railway station), that had a reception for Hitler and his guests, and the postamt (post office) next to the bahnhof. The Berchtesgadener Hof Hotel was a hotel where famous visitors stayed, such as Eva Braun, Erwin Rommel, Joseph Goebbels and Heinrich Himmler, as well as Neville Chamberlain and David Lloyd George. The hotel was torn down in 2006. There is a museum on the spot now, called "Haus der Berge".

The Obersalzberg A number of other relics of the Nazi era can still be found in the area, although only few of them are still well preserved. There is the Kehlsteinhaus (nicknamed "Eagle's Nest" by a French diplomat), which was built as a present for Hitler's 50th birthday in 1939. The remnants of homes of former Nazi leaders such as Adolf Hitler, Hermann Göring and Martin Bormann were all demolished in the early post war years. The Platterhof was retained and served as a retreat for the American military. It was known as the General Walker Hotel. It was demolished in 2000. The only remaining buildings are the former SS HQ at Hotel Zum Türken and the Kehlsteinhaus. A small part of the Platterhof is also still there. The information centre on the mountain is the former guesthouse Höher Göll. It has an entrance to the Obersalzberg bunker system.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Online Fortune Cookie Generator

Yum.
(I must remember to rebaptise my oven into a "cookie-generator"...)

NOW, I want a pat on the head, too.

I hope somebody else starts that "ancillary" thread on dwarves & co.; but if need be, I'll do it myself. (Not in the immediate future, though.)

And BTW, has anyone any further ideas about the possible symbolic contents of the 124 number (of metres) mentioned in one of the posts above?

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Information on DWARVES in Tibetan Mountains were integrated into the third section of this thread.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Regarding the 124metres question - I may have a route to find out more....

To set the story - A few weeks ago i showed a group of 25 german students around one of our projects here. They were from the Technical University of Munich. Among them, was their professor, with whom i exchanged emails. As i chatted to him, i mentioned that i would hopefully be visiting Germany in the near future, and would be heading to Berchtesgaden/Untersberg area, which was of interest to me.

So, during my sporadic research into the Kehlsteinhaus , i discovered that the architect was a guy called Roderich Fick, originally born in Wuerzburg, Germany. He was responsibel for the design of a number of buildings in the Obersalzberg area, including the SS Barracks and the Hoeher Goell guesthouse, as well as the Kehsteinhaus.

Anyway, after the war, he was based in Munich, and became involved with the technical University to some extent. In fact, his works are housed in the TUM Museum.

The museum are digitising their collection. The link to Fick is

mediatum2.ub.tum.de...

Unfortunately, this does not load properly for me at the moment. I don't know whether it is me or them.

In any case, i have emailed the Professor at TUM, and asked two things: 1. About the number 124 - is there any significance, and 2. regarding the alignment of the building with the Berghof and the Isais temple / similarity to Montsegur - any connection or coincidence?

Hopefully, as i have actually met the Professor, he will reply, and may be able to help.

Unlike the Dalai Lama......

I will report back when i have an answer!

Strange i should meet (in Abu Dhabi) a professor from the university (in Germany) that has a museum where the architects of the Kehlsteinhaus' work is kept, whilst I am trying to research issues such as this......

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I have read this thread a few times and it would sell in a book store I think..Just a bump and a little info..

I am a metalurgist, and with a little research of metalurgist history it is very easy to see why metalurgists, "look different"

This still applies today, due to the conditions the job puts you in.
Between heat treating, heating to add a catalyst,, not to mention working/cutting/grinding the end product, which puts "dust" of said material in the air.
Then putting it in a lathe/mill and hunkering over to work it for hours on end..
I don't have actual #'s but I have been told that @ my 20 year "on the job" mark, I had injested close to 3 lbs of metal dust/vapors, and I'm a desk person!

I can't get MRI's and have to tell all MD.'s of my proffession...
Anyways if they were mining, raw metals, I could see them being seen as midgets, small built, hunkered backs, etc..etc..

Thanks to all that keep this thread going!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join