It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Untersberg - The Mystery Mountain

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
NICE PHOTOS!

The one with the all-seeing-eye alter just digs at me, but its presence is understood. Looks like the painting tells a story too, about the local area.

also just looking at this image

on the water's edge to the right, there is a structure and a landing right on the mountain's edge.
here's a 100% closeup

is that a boat parked behind some bushes or is it some other structure? it's right on the edge of the mountain and the wilderness Do people actually live around here or is it a tourist area? this doesn't look like a house, it's too small do you remember where this was? on the way back?

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
There are several small landing sites where you can get on and off, some of them they stop at regularly, some you have to request to go to or be taken from.

This particular one was kalled "Kessel" (cauldron), if I remember correctly, and some mountain climbers were there, from what the boat captain said. When you want to be picked up from those spots, you uncover an orange St. Andreas cross.

The area around the lake is not accessible even by foot path past a certain spot; the cliff face drops straight into the water. Still, there are quite a lot of climbing opportunities there, and people using them.

I must say that I was amazed at how many people were there - lots of asian tourists, too. They said that ~3600 people had been ferried across the lake that particular day.

Arriving at St. Bartholomä, I first thought it would be tough to get away from all the people, but hardly anyone walked into the forest or along the lake side.

[edit on 29.9.08 by SETILunatic]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SETILunatic

Yes, that is the one - with the "beret"
- I meant.
(It's a sort of cap, usually made of velvet, with some metal work - I mean in real life, of course - so it's no wonder it looks like a crown.)

It definitely looks like St John Nepomuk.

It looks like you had a great trip!
Nice of you to share.

P.S. (this is what writing at this ungodly hour does to me...
)

Actually it MAY have been a crown (in real life) - I may have confused the iconography of the headwear - but that doesn't change the identity of the saint (IF it is him at all). It would be easy to research it, but I am too sleepy right now... Let our American friends help out.

[edit on 29-9-2008 by AdAstra]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
reply to post by white eagle

Is the TV-Documentation related to what we are talking about here, or is it something entirely different?

first - it is a docu about the innkeeper of the Alpine hut called störhaus near the berchtesgadener hochthron on the untersberg.
but they have filmed some shamanic work in the region of untersberg.
yesterday, they shooted me and a group in a cave in opposite to the untersberg. i must regret my working on untersberg becaus of some snow on the top. it has been risky to go the way down the mittagsscharte.

by the way - the innkeeper is married with a wife from northamerica. and in winter they are working in colorado. so there is a interesting relation between some humans travelling between the old and the new world.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Some of your most interesting:

On top the eye of Horus, a symbol from Egypt. The rays is the sun
below the Trinity (the dove= the holy spirit), the coronation of the virgin or Mary. The two below who are whose ?

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   
This a great thread. Star and flag for you. I haven’t read through it all yet but the contributions from others are great as well. It truly appears that these “creatures”, whatever they are, may be using human bodies, like inhabiting them. The time lapses and ending up in different places far from where they previously were just keeps bringing me back to that notion.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by flymetothemoon
below the Trinity (the dove= the holy spirit), the coronation of the virgin or Mary. The two below who are whose ?

on the right side below you can see st. katharina. she is one of the three holy girls: katharina, barbara and margaretha.
this 3 woman have pre-christian parents:
ambeth, worbeth and wilbeth - celtic mother-goddesses.
reconsider the trinity!

so - if you found a church dedicated to one oft this woman or all together than you can assume that it is an older pre-christian place of power.

in the myth of st. bartholomä you can find an advice that the place of st. bartholomä is a prehistoric place where already the romans have build a tempel of äskulap. äskulap is a greec god of medicine.
in this context i see the old forgotten spa in the near of the chappel.
and not far away you can find a mountain called church.

[edit on 30-9-2008 by white eagle]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Thats interesting... About the trinity. It seems that this painting contains a mix of dif. events. Wasn't the dove always a part of the trinity as the holy spirit ( or God) as the same ?
Wonder from which decade this painting is from ? The 1500 ?

[edit on 30-9-2008 by flymetothemoon]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SETILunaticI could not find the "Fieberbründl" that White Eagle posted about, and the locals didn't seem to know either. I'll have to ask White Eagle for more exact directions.
[edit on 29.9.08 by SETILunatic]

you have already passed the fieberbründl. take the foto:

on the end of the bridge you have to go rigth a few meters and you are in front of the spa.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by white eagle

Is the TV-Documentation related to what we are talking about here, or is it something entirely different?

first - it is a docu about the innkeeper of the Alpine hut called störhaus near the berchtesgadener hochthron on the untersberg.
but they have filmed some shamanic work in the region of untersberg.
yesterday, they shooted me and a group in a cave in opposite to the untersberg. i must regret my working on untersberg becaus of some snow on the top. it has been risky to go the way down the mittagsscharte.

by the way - the innkeeper is married with a wife from northamerica. and in winter they are working in colorado. so there is a interesting relation between some humans travelling between the old and the new world.

May i ask : this filming. Is it for a specific use only or is it for a tv programe ?

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   

May i ask : this filming. Is it for a specific use only or is it for a tv programe ?

for a tv programe

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Great pictures! Looks like if you had had a bit more time there are a few things off the beaten track that could add to the discussion, and open up new avenues of investigation. Main thing that stands out for me worthy of a close look is the grated entrance on the small island on the Koenigssee....there's got to be a good reason for the grate / barred entrance.

Great description of how you felt too! I suspect that the feeling is the magnetism of the area getting into your system - which i think is one of the reasons why such places are always considered to be "spas", or places of healing / recovery. I believe Mt Shasta, mentioned previously in the thread, is also a geomegnetic anomoly, and there is a health spa / healing clinic there too.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Thank you White Eagle, I wasn't sure where exactly you meant. The photo with the iron door in the concrete wall is from that area, so the Fieberbründl must be close to it, or in fact, it may be the very water source that's hidden behind the iron door (I could hear running water behind it).

Also, I read somewhere that the drinking water at St. Bartholomä now comes from this area (near the chapel).

I went up the slope to follow some streams that empty into the creek, one of them was almost dried out (the closest one after the iron door), but I ran out of time before I could follow it to its source.

Next time, I'll take some containers and get some water samples.

BTW, I made a little map from memory, maybe this helps in pinning down where exactly the Fieberbründl is. The path I took along the banks was not a real path, I just walked through the forest along the banks, though at the start on the right there was about 50m where it looked like others had often walked there (no vegetation on a narrow strip).

Hope it's intelligible.

[edit on 30.9.08 by SETILunatic]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by white eagle

on the right side below you can see st. katharina. she is one of the three holy girls: katharina, barbara and margaretha.
this 3 woman have pre-christian parents:
ambeth, worbeth and wilbeth - celtic mother-goddesses.
reconsider the trinity!

Sure you're right about this
There a lot of info about the three holy girls out there. But most i found was in german and a lot to translate

But guess we already have info in the thread about the celtic influence at the Untersberg area.
Still i think the upper half of the painting is the form of the "other" trinity

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Thats interesting... About the trinity. It seems that this painting contains a mix of dif. events. Wasn't the dove always a part of the trinity as the holy spirit ( or God) as the same ?
Wonder from which decade this painting is from ? The 1500 ?

The style of the picture is typically Baroque (which, in this particular part of the world, would cover the 18th century - with many stylistic variations, of course).

I cannot see the details well enough, but considering the provincial style (it's not a bad word, just so you know :-) and the location of the picture, it is quite possible, however, that it was painted as late as the 19th century, although this type of iconographic formulae and the basic stylistic characteristics were occasionally carried on well into the early 20th century.

Unless it was MASSIVELY repainted (again, I can't see the details well enough), there is no way it could have been painted around 1500 - or, in fact, at any time before 1750, probably much later.

P.S. Yes, the dove is definitely a standard depiction of the Holy Spirit, and as such a component of the Holy Trinity.

[edit on 30-9-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I made a similar experience: Tourists and camera-touting Japanese everywhere...but within only a 5 minute walk you could find utter silence and peace.

Odd how regular tourists never deviate from their path.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

Check out the above link on Wikipedia - It concerns the island in the Koenigssee with the iron gate - named "Christlieger" or Johannesinsel (John's Island, after St John of Nepamuk, referred to earlier in the thread, and whose staue is on the island).

It mentiuons the fact that there is, what is described as a "grotto" , accessible through the iron gate, which has a marble wall and a couple of alcoves in it.

Interesting, but shame no tunnel entrance (or maybe it's behind the wall...?!)

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Thanks, that's very informative. The mention of pyramid shapes (whose origin or purpose are unexplained) is interesting, as well as the fact that a statue of the apostle Bartholomew that may have stood there before.

The alcove and niches are something I'd like to take a look at, with a better camera and a tripod (and no flash).

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   

The first thing that srpung to mind when i saw "pyramids" was the focussing of energy. Some, what you might call "alternative" therapies, involve sitting under a pyramid shaped structure, that is meant to concentrate energies into the person below. There is also the experiment you can do with a blunt razorblade, that when placed inside a pyramid shape, and aligned in the right way, becomes sharp again (anyone ever done this??)

Also, of course, the pyramid features heavily in iconography throughout the ages, as seen on the chapel wall mural in your photos.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Yes, I have tried something similar, with food being preserved longer than usual at room temperature when placed at the focal point of a properly aligned pyramid (I forget what "properly" is, that was at least 15 years ago). Food inside the pyramid stayed fresh about one and a half to twice as long as outside. Of course, this was not done under laboratory conditions, but in my room, so the scientific value is nil.

As to dull razorblades getting sharper, haven't tried that.

The significance of the pyramids there for me is that there are no other pyramids anywhere to be seen in the whole area or anywhere in the vicinity, except at the chapel, from what I recall.

[edit on 1.10.08 by SETILunatic]

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join