It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Untersberg - The Mystery Mountain

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by flymetothemoon

I think that is spot on.
Himmler has an organisation of Military/Civilians, dedicated to archaeological stuff worldwide, travelling as far afield as Tibet and Iceland. This organisation eventually became part of the SS. The idea was to reunite the 13 skulls at the SS castle. It's even thought that the Holy Grail is no cup, but a Stone of some description (a crystal??). Maybe this is why it's also possible the SS was in fact the "Schwartze Stein" (Black Stone") rather than the Schutz Staffel, and why their emblem was a SKULL...........

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueOrb
reply to post by flymetothemoon

Himmler has an organisation of Military/Civilians, dedicated to archaeological stuff worldwide, travelling as far afield as Tibet and Iceland.

....it was called Ahnenerbe, and was originally set up to investigate / prove the origins of the Aryan Race, but Himmler was also interested in trying to decipher ancient artifacts in general, which led on to the search for the skulls.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueOrb

That's a good point !!! ref. to Himmler in you're prev.post Otto Rahn was very interested in the Grail (Holy Stone) It seem that he was working "on the sideline" maby he did not die a nat. death...

Rahn wrote two books linking Montségur and Cathars with the Holy Grail: Kreuzzug gegen den Gral ("Crusade Against the Grail") in 1933 and Luzifers Hofgesind ("Lucifer's Court") in 1937. After the publication of his first book, Kreuzzug gegen den Gral, Rahn's work came to the attention of Heinrich Himmler, the head of the SS who was fascinated by the occult.

Rahn joined his staff as a junior NCO and became a full member of the SS in 1936. Openly homosexual, he was assigned guard duty at the Dachau concentration camp in 1937 as punishment for a drunken homosexual scrape.[2] He resigned from the SS the following year. He wrote "There is much sorrow in my country. Impossible for a tolerant, liberal man like me to live in the nation that my native country has become." On March 13, 1939 nearly on the anniversary of the fall of Montségur, he was found frozen to death on a mountainside near Söll (Kufstein, Tyrol) in Austria. His death was officially ruled suicide.

link to another site about Otto Rahn/Nazis/Grail : Otto Rahn and the request for the Holy Grail

Otto Rahn believed that he had found the location of the Holy Grail Mountain, the Montsalvat of legend, in the Cathar mountain fortress of Montsegur in the French Pyrenees. He was, says Prof. Joscelyn Godwin, "largely responsible for the mythological complex that associated the Cathars and Montsegur with the Holy Grail and its Castle."

"Possession of the Grail has always been the dream of chivalric orders. The Knights of King Arthur's Round Table, the Templars, even the Teutonic Knights have sought the mystic vessel. But Otto Rahn believed that he could triumph where centuries of questing had failed. He had studied the sacred geometry of Montsegur, its sunrise orientations and its relationship with other sacred places, and had discovered secret underground passages, where he felt the treasure must be concealed" (*Hitler's Secret Sciences*).

An old Languedoc shepard's tale recorded by Otto Rahn and incorporated into his first book displays profound mystical symbolism:

"During the time when the walls of Montsegur were still standing, the Cathars kept the Holy Grail there. Montsegur was in danger. The armies of Lucifer had besieged it. They wanted the Grail, to restore it to their Prince's diadem from which it had fallen during the fall of his angels. Then, at the most critical moment, there came down from heaven a white dove, which, with its beak, split Tabor [Montsegur] in two. Esclarmonde, who was keeper of the Grail, threw the sacred jewel into the depths of the mountain. The mountain closed up again, and in this manner was the Grail saved. When the devils entered the fortress, they were too late. Enraged, they put to death by fire all of the Pures, not far from the rock on which the castle stands in the Field of the Stake. All of the Pures perished on the pyre except Esclarmonde de Foix. When she knew the Grail to be safe, she climbed to the summit of Mount Tabor, changed into a white dove and flew off toward the mountains of Asia."

By September 1935 Rahn was writing excitedly to the chief of the *Ahnenerbe about the places he visited in his hunt for Grail traditions in Germany, requesting complete confidence in the matter with the exception of Himmler.

Otto Rahn is even rumored to have founded a neo-Catharist circle within the SS. In the summer of 1936 he undertook, by order of the SS, an expedition to Iceland. Highlights of this journey formed part of some chapters in his second and final book "Lucifer's Courtiers", published in 1937. Rahn makes no mention of the SS and the ship that sailed for Iceland flew a flag with a blue swastika on white background (in sharp contrast to the official standard of the Third Reich).

Both "Crusade Against the Grail" and "Lucifer's Court" are full of remarkable insights and revelations of important historical links.

[edit on 1-9-2008 by flymetothemoon]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
y'all asked, here's another:

google books for "tibetan monks" + berlin

books.google.com...

lots of conflicting versions of their death, can[t tell which is true from these modern sources.

so go ahead and try only the old sources, using advanced book search.
here's berlin + vril , limited to pre-1938 works:

books.google.com... ub=&as_drrb=c&as_miny=0&as_maxy=1938&as_isbn=

500+ results,
your turn now...

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Ref. to Havalon's post page 20 saying this :

Note the ‘Green Gloves’ thing,

April 25, 1945, when Russians found in one of the Berlin basements six dead Tibetans, who lay in the form of circle, in the middle of this circle were located someone, on anyone green gloves were put on. It is seemed that the collective suicide was there perfected before this. May 2, 1945, with the entrance of Russians into Berlin were discovered more
1.000 corpses of people, which completely unambiguously occurred from the region of the Himalayas and also which were being battled on the side of Germans. However, yes that, after all, could make the Tibetans at a distance of many thousands of kilometers from their earth, and in addition dressed in the German uniform?

could lead to the : GREEN DRAGON SOCIETY

The Vril Society, and later the Nazis, organised expeditions to Tibet starting in 1926, ending in 1942 trying to contact the Cave Oracles of Tibet. These expeditions contacted the Adepts of Agarthi. In 1929 some of the adepts returned to Germany with the Germans and formed lodges in Berlin, Munich and Nuremburg, though some sources say that only a lodge in Berlin was formed.

The Tibetan monks/adepts of Agarthi in Germany were known as the Society of Green Men. It's foremost adept was known as the Monk of the Green Gloves/Hands [2], who was renowned for his clairvoyant abilities and had mastered prophecy. Hitler had audiences with him.

The Society of the Green Men were apparently in astral contact with the Green Dragon Society, and had been for several centuries. The Green Dragon Society sent seven members to aid the Society of Green Men in Germany. The Green Men were to help further the Nazi cause and the projected mutation that would turn the Aryans into God-Men. The activities of the Green Men were under heavy Nazi security.

The Green Men fell out of favour in 1943/44. This may have due to the failure of the Tibetans to alter the course of the war, or it may have due to the involvement of Haushofer's son in the 1944 assassination attempt on Hitler. Some sources say that they were put on concentration camp rations. It is reported that when the Russians entered Berlin in 1945 they came across numerous bodies of Tibetans. They had all committed suicide by a knife stroke to the stomach. Some sources say the monks were in German uniform without insignia, other sources say they were naked. Because of his failure, Haushofer killed his wife and then committed seppuku himself at the end of the war, as would be expected by the Green Dragon Society.

The last remnants of the Society of the Green Men were eliminated in 1959 by the Communists after the Chinese annexation of Tibet in 1950.

seppuku : suicide ref. to culture of eks. Japan

[edit on 1-9-2008 by flymetothemoon]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueOrb

Why are only those areas marked in central Europe?

As far as I can see there are many areas with the same colour that, to me, would show the same magnetic properties, if that is what the image is supposed to show.

And for what is worth, I marked the Malcata region with a circle, the one from my previous post.

PS: for those that do not know where Portugal is just look for a circle.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Wow....how could I miss that map? BlueOrb: Fantastic Job.

And it also looks like I´m going to have to go back and re-examine ArMaps Marcata region which looks like a huge magnetic hotspot.

This is starting to get interesting....

[edit on 5-9-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
continued from previous posts

12. A comparison of Untersberg and Uluru

Source as first linked by BlueOrb.

The linked website compares the Austrlian mountain Uluru with Untersberg.

* Both have a similar shape
* Untersberg was called "Heartchakra of Europe" by the Dalai Lama. Uluru is called "The Heart of Australia"
* Seen from the air both appear to have a heart-shape.
* According to the source linked both are on the same ley-line
* Both are viewed as "holy mountains"
* Both mountains have myths about "Underworlds" attached to them.
* Uluru is linked to myths of "The Rainbow Serpents", Untersberg is linked to Myths of the "Lindwurm" (german word for an ancient Dragon)

Also see my thread The Rainbow Serpents for the correlation.

Similarity in shape:

Possible similarities to a heart birds-eye-view:

Possible connection through ley-lines (including Adams Peak in Sri Lanka)

While Im not sure about any of this, it does make for an interesting addition to this thread.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Hey Sky - Wow, leave for a few days and this thread takes off in even more interesting directions. I'm going back a bit here in answering your request for GERMAN NEWS ARTICLES FROM AUGUST of 1987 that ORIGINALLY reported the three missing persons who then showed up later and changed, seemingly, their story.

Here you go:

They are photo copies of the original articles and dated, they are also in GERMAN, which I cannot read. If you, or anyone else, can tell us what the discrepancies are from the August to November reporting, that would be great.

I also, ironically, had dinner with an Austrain friend Sunday night who had just come back from six weeks in the Olbersazlberg region -- she is not familiar w/Untersberg - but did talk about how the SKY kept lighting up at night in the most remarkable ways.

She grew up in the area and had never seen any quite like it, she said. She used the word WETTERLEUCHTEN -- which roughly translates to heat lightening. I started looking for images online that so she could identify what it looked like - as she thought it was more unusual than what she knows Americans to refer to as 'heat lightening', and it was.

The image she said was exmplar of the anomaly was a PURPLE, DIFFUSED SKY on a MASSIVE scale. It occurred regularly, both with and without cloud cover. I am predisposed to attributing this to the electromagnetic properties of the area, but am now confused bewtween the two maps as to how anomolous that field is compared to other regions. Help?

Cheers!
TWISI

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Those similarities are very suspicious, it looks like someone searched for a photo similar to a photo from Uluru, and all other things also look suspicious or doubtful, like the shape when seen from above.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Those similarities are very suspicious, it looks like someone searched for a photo similar to a photo from Uluru, and all other things also look suspicious or doubtful, like the shape when seen from above.

I agree. Upon looking at my last post again, Im even less sure about it. Poor post of mine.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWayISeeIt

It only looks anomolous compared to its immediate surroundings, not compared to other regions.

Im not entirely convinced of anomalies either. I will have to dig deeper on the magnetism.

One thing I am entirely convinced of is that Hitler was looking for something there and this something might be connected to a race of dwarfs and or time-bending.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Hi there,

I posted this link a few pages back but i got no responce lol.. so i thought maybe it was posted before.. well lets hope someone translates it quick.. i can read a tiny bit of german, and i have german friends but they are SO busy.. but i will ask them again soon..

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Hi,

@TWISI: let me translate a Wiki definition of "Wetterleuchten" for you.

Unter Wetterleuchten (mittelhochdeutsch weterleichen zu „weter“ (Wetter) + „leichen“ (tanzen, hüpfen), nicht verwandt mit leuchten, wie oft angenommen) wird meistens der Widerschein von Blitzen verstanden, wenn man die Blitze selbst nicht sieht. Es kann bei einem weit entfernten Gewitter oder bei Blitzen, die sich innerhalb von Wolken entladen, entstehen. Den Donner hört man wegen der großen Distanzen meistens nicht oder nur schwach.

Wetterleuchten derives from "middle high" german, meaning an old, no longer used version, of "weter", meaning weather, and "leichen", meaning to dance, or to jump, not "leuchten", which means to luminesce or to shine, as often assumed, and is used to describe the reflection of lightning i.e. on clouds (provided you cannot see the original lightning, only its reflection). It can occur at a far-off thunderstorm or as lightning discharges inside clouds. The thunder usually accompanying lightning can usually not or hardly be discerned because of the great distances involved.

So, no, Wetterleuchten is nothing really special, it's more of a result of Salzburg lying right at the edge of the Alps and having lots of weather or rather cloud buildup either in front or behind Untersberg.

It is rather pretty, though.

HTH.

Oh, just remembered something - it was posted here before that there had to be tons of locals who would notice such out-of-the-ordinary things. Well, in regards to the "freaky" weather conditions, having lived there a long time I can tell you: it just doesn't stand out, you just notice when you move elsewhere that it's not that way. The night skies especially were often beautiful to watch there, lots of yellow and red moons (Sahara sand, yes, in Austria), once even a green moon - however that worked, but it was green for half an hour or so once - for example. Here near Vienna they're boring and featureless, compared (no mountains worthy of the name nearby).

[edit on 2.9.08 by SETILunatic]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pazzzzz

Hi there,

I posted this link a few pages back but i got no responce lol.. so i thought maybe it was posted before.. well lets hope someone translates it quick.. i can read a tiny bit of german, and i have german friends but they are SO busy.. but i will ask them again soon..

Hi Paz,

I did read it but found it a bit longish to translate, maybe I'll do that now, or rather give a synopsis of the juicy bits.

So hang on a bit, you'll be enlightened. From what I remember it didn't have anything not already mentioned here.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Even more fascinating, is the green-bluish halo that seems to surround the dome just after sunset. This eerie glow that extends from one to five meters above the granite surface, immediately after sunset, is not folklore. The phenomenon is easily and regularly observed. The luminous effect has a brief frame time, which diminishes quickly as the rock cools. Scientist explain the glow as a solar heat radiation from the slightly radioactive granite. In other words, the rock is a giant solar battery transforming absorbed solar energy, however briefly, into light as it is released.
There is a Enchanted Rock in Texas that is equated with Ulhuru (Ayers Rock). Here it mentions a colored fog of green as well. I posted the link in The Rainbow Serpents thread.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by seagrass]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Hi,

must have missed the bit that you quoted. Which dome are you referring to, specifically?

Sounds like something I've seen before, but not with a large rock. Some retain just a bit of luminescence for a while, and there are rocks that positively glow when the moonlight hits them.

In another region of Austria (the "Mühlviertel"), there are many large rocks that the glaciers left there called "Findlinge". They're usually very round or egg-shaped because they were sanded down by glacial movement. Lots of them contain large streaks of Quartz (or was it Mica? I think Quartz), these especially glow in the moonlight. I loved sitting there for a few hours, looked and felt like an ancient druid place (clearing in the forest, 3 of these huge round rocks in a triangle, one large one in the middle that I was sitting on). This isn't something unnatural, but quite beautiful and - if you don't mind sitting alone outside in the dark - very much a recharge of spirit/energy (that's what it felt like for me).

These glaciers came from the Alps region, mostly, btw, which the Untersberg is part of (or rather, it's not quite part of the Alps, but adjacent).

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SETILunatic
Hi,

must have missed the bit that you quoted. Which dome are you referring to, specifically?

Sounds like something I've seen before, but not with a large rock.
Hello to Austria, I am of Austrian decent. It is called Enchanted Rock here is the link I posted it in Skyfloatings Rainbow Serpents thread in UFOs. (Also an excellent must read)

[edit on 2-9-2008 by seagrass]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by ArMaP

I agree. Upon looking at my last post again, Im even less sure about it. Poor post of mine.
I don't think so, I think it is interesting! Ley lines and grids and heart chakras are documented elsewhere. The fact that they look like heart shapes are interesting but less so than the ley line theory in my mind. The connection on a grid is an important addition to other theories that run about.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Okay, here goes - synopsis for the german language news articles about missing persons on the Untersberg posted before.

I added some commentary in [] brackets.

First article - 8/19/1987

3 germans missing on or around the Untersberg. Rescue efforts continue even in heavy fog. Hermann Forster, his wife Maria and a female friend of theirs could not be found, their car was what started off the search. They purportedly set off on a hike over the Untersberg to Bischofswiesen on the other side [big hike there] and went missing. Rescuers said they were still hopeful, and that maybe they had found shelter in a cave for the night. This assumption was confirmed by a car driver's report that he had seen a flare fired above the Untersberg.

Next article - 8/20

"Rescue efforts in vain 'it's like the mountain swallowed them' [bit sensationalist there, IMO, but whatever sells copies]
2nd day of rescue efforts, no trace found. More than 60 people are involved in the search. About a dozen of the 60 registered caves were searched [these days, they say there are about 400 caves there, of which ~300 are documented and at least partially explored, just for reference].
Rescuers still harbour hope for the missing persons, referring to Mr. Forsters strange hobby of exploring mythical caves, calling him a survival specialist and specifying that he was last researching and studying those (caves) of the Untersberg. The third missing person is named, Monika Köhn, a friend of the couple.

Next article - 8/21

Search cancelled "chances were close to zero" - still no trace of the three missing persons from Munich

"We're quitting the search because we have absolutely no detail to investigate, no starting point, nothing. Every known path, cave and place has been search, no stone left unturned." said a tired rescue worker. Chances of rescuing the missing persons alive were slim to none, though he said "they may not even be on the Untersberg at all!". More than 100 people in total had been involved in the 3-day search efforts, comprised of austrian "Bergrettung" and "Höhlenrettung" (medical personnel with mountainclimbing and spelunking skills to rescue people in otherwise inaccessible places) as well as police from Austria and Germany. Another [to me, the most interesting] detail is mentioned - they left their large and fully deployed tent on the campsite at Schellenberg-Unterau.

Next article - 8/24

Missing persons on the trail of the "Zeitsprung" (time jump)

Even after the end of the official rescue efforts, the caves were searched one more time, and their disappearance was researched further. The only trace found was Monika Köhn's shirt [they later admitted it could have been anyones and they could not specifically link it to her] found in some bushes. The bavarian border police affirmed their resolve in researching even weak clues. Some of the people interviewed about Mr. Forster said that he had been researching the "Zeitsprung" for 10 years. According to Forster's calculations, this phenomenon could be observed in an Untersberg cave.

Next article - 8/25

"We will keep searching as long as there is even the slightest hope"
Rescue efforts continue, centering on the ice cave at Schellenberg. The "Zeitsprung" is mentioned again, the police say that yes, he had lots of material in his flat dealing with this phenomenon, but that they could not go by such things and needed to stay with what the facts said, or rather, tangible evidence, not folk tales and stories. [Continued on page 7]

[Next image, same article, continues from above]

"rescue efforts between reality and mysticism - 'we have to stay with the facts' - report by von Däniken on the 'Zeitsprung'"
lots of material was found in his flat on the "Zeitsprung" phenomenon - yet none of the specific cave that he was hoping to witness it in.

[continued in a new post, almost at the character limit - told ya it was going to be longish]

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join