It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Untersberg - The Mystery Mountain

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
It's a beautiful region. I'm wondering if the mountain is a particular hotspot for magnetic fields. Magnetic fields are known to induce altered states of perception in humans and this could account for the observation of otherworldy beings and time anomalies. Looking forward to more shedding of light.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I'm not trying to defend a case that I don't really know... but a time anomaly? It was spoken here of 3 months, and moving to several thousands of kilometers away without any recollection of the time lost!... That is quite a big thing to be honest. If it can be proven, well it's definitely a big mystery...

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
ah yes the King In The Mountain story! I love it though. I hadn't heard of elves, aliens, missing time etc. I cant wait for more. flagged.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Never heard of this one, but it's definitely something that I can't wait to read more of! Starred and Flagged immediately! Great find!

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cythraul
It's a beautiful region. I'm wondering if the mountain is a particular hotspot for magnetic fields. Magnetic fields are known to induce altered states of perception in humans and this could account for the observation of otherworldy beings and time anomalies. Looking forward to more shedding of light.

Im planning a write-up on the magnetic anomalies of the area as well...as compared to the lack of anomalies elsewhere. I agree they might account for the bermuda-triangle-like phenomena.

We´re talking about hundreds of years of accounts on time-anomalies.

Just one, off the top of my head (source later) involving an 18th century lumberjack who describes a "little man with a huge head and big eyes" leading him down into the caves of the mountain. He goes missing and reappears weeks later for his funeral, saying "I was only gone for a few hours!".

Its these stories that need to be collected and translated as they strongly relate to modern UFO-Phenomena.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Great post definitely getting starred and flagged

Very interesting post
To be honest ive never heard about this before
So im gonna have to give it some research

[edit on 24-8-2008 by the red pill]

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
This already reminds me of another caving story

www.freewebs.com...

This is a GREAT story. Take the time to read it if you already haven't and let me know what you think.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Haven't you people heard?

There's an alien base under that mountain.

This is common knowledge. How can you people call yourselves conspiracy theorists?

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Great thread!

The article reminds me of Journey to the center of the earth. The remake of that movie came out this year.

I think the Grey's are from Atlantis, so through synchronicity this reinforces my belief.

I'm wondering if this is the pit/abyss talked about in Revelations, which I believe to be guarded by the Grey's.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by AntisepticSkeptic
Haven't you people heard?

There's an alien base under that mountain.

This is common knowledge. How can you people call yourselves conspiracy theorists?

I can see why you chose your mood as skeptical. Don't get me wrong, but I've seen a couple of your posts in the past and you seem like a pseudoskeptic IMHO. This post above seems to confirm my beliefs.

I can't believe your questioning the ATS community and telling us were not conspiracy theorists. This is a great thread in my mind and as you see by the number of flags, many others think so too.

You sir (or ma'am), do not deny ignorance. And please be a little more open minded, unless that is you know everything that there is to know on this earth and I highly doubt that.

[edit on 24-8-2008 by Monsterenergy791]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
wow...now i know where my next trip goes to

nice post!!! flagged!

what about these people who vanished and came back on a boat..there must be some more to get

its google time

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I read this because of the Hitler/mystacism reference... well, more because such people ( Hitler, Bush, Putin, and so on ) base actions on such nonsense.
And now I wonder how to justify my time.
Are you kind, OP to those who have limited links and resourses in their posts?
Do you chide them when they don't have their story ready before they post?
When there is apparently no point?
I hope so.
The spook story ( in German ) didn't seem to cut it for me.
I notice that when a FORUM MODERATOR posts just about anything... the stars are just flying...
Can you guys just flag yourselves? LOL

But on topic: you said YOU had been there 'on research'... that's the part I want to hear about.
What did you discover there?

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Hamelyn, it's in Germany. The Piper lead the children into a mountain. Vanishing forever. You've all heard it. It's not a made up story like The Lion King, look it up. It happened.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Hmm... very interesting topic indeed. Flagged after reading the initial post.

I look forward to hearing your personal experiences with this place!

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by NathanNewZealand

Yes, the Piper- you're on to something now.
Is this mountain the one story goes that this sick bastard took the children?
Isn't it hundreds of kilometers to the south, though?
More info would be appreciated on these connections.
North America had it's own pied piper at this time. you know- we call him Kokopeli.
Wasn't this about 1350-1400 AD ?
Sorry for all the questions, but- I really want to know.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

very cool...

i would love to explore that place...

thanks for sharing this

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
To say "starred and flagged" or not to say "starred and flagged" - that is the question.

I'm surprised that Untersberg hasn't been studied more in-depth if it's this mysterious. Somebody should put together a team of 100 people, some camera people, a lot of high-tech equipment, etc., and do a thorough investigation of it, unless nobody's interested enough or there are restrictions.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I love hearing and learning about new things like this. I am anxious to read more of your post. This is definitely something they have not talked about on the history channel *aka Hitler channel
)

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

I see you flagged the thread.

Wise decision!

I think they should research the place more too and like many others on the thread, I haven't heard of this place or it's legends either.

Just think of how many other places of mystery and paranormal there are out there. But even though there are places with secrets we don't know yet, I believe we should do in depth research on the place we do know exist that have legends of fabled people or phenomena and etc.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

I have to say I loved that story, thanks for providing a link to it as I'd lost my old one in a format. Think I'll wait until 3am to read it again

Untersberg is one of those great, deep, very strange mysteries that got me into the paranormal to begin with. I love it because it is just so old and so strange that it runs into "too wild to be made up" territory. Thanks OP for bringing some ace content to ATS for once.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join