It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Untersberg - The Mystery Mountain

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas
reply to post by Skyfloating

Thank you very much.
I am very interested in orbs because I have seen them myself on various occasions (golden ones, smallish).

BTW, was it translucent or "solid"?

It was translucent, pulsating. Otherwise I would have seen it as a balloon.

[edit on 26-8-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
This is a newspaper article about a woman (american tourist) who had gone missing in 2004 at the Untersberg for three days until she was found by mountain-guards.

Nothing unusual about this...except that the news reports claim she survived well and healthy at below freezing temperatures without anything to eat or drink for three days.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Yup, I've made a decision. Threads like this one are exactly why I joined ATS in the first place. I practically thrive on information like this. I would love to see this start a trend of wonderfully informative threads.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Agreed Stone, this place in general...filled with it's mystery and the anomalies which seem to be going on are very intriguing. Wouldn't that be awesome If members from ATS lead an expedition of their own to Untersberg? I'd go just to see the beautiful scenery! But I'd like to see some frisky big headed, grey skinned, gnomes while I'm at it!

Has there been any recent video's of the mountain or inside of it by chance?

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
After the Dalai Lama and Adolf Hitler, I found a third history-shaping person to have an interest in the mountain:

Sigmund Freud. He vacationed there.

A source

At the time the Obersalzberg was little more than a cluster of farmhouses and summer vacation villas in a meadow overlooking Berchtesgaden and across the valley from the imposing face of the Untersberg. Klara Schumann and Johannes Brahms had vacationed here, as had Sigmund Freud.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Could it be one of the entrances proposed by the Hollow Earth Theory?

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Could it be one of the entrances proposed by the Hollow Earth Theory?

According to official sources already posted there are hundreds of passageways, caves and even lakes down there...and they still dont know how far down it goes.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Popping in kind of late, but Big
for this one.
Best thread I have seen in months!!
Way to go Sky, incredible find!

I now have a new place to add to my "I want to visit here before I die"- list of places! I want to see this lake!!

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
New one on me as well......but then I haven't been to ATS much for quite a while. I used to kive in Nelson, New Zealand and the city is considered to be the geographical center of New Zealand. My point is.......each of the times when the current Dalai Llama visited NZ, he apparently insisted on visiting with the Bhuddist community in Nelson......as he considers it to be 'an important power center of the world'. Seems like there is more than one for him around the world, this mountain obviously being another.....and maybe there's another ?

The world is a much stranger place than what has been created for our mental consumption, by succesive governments, over a very, very long time.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Another thing to consider is that Google is not the only search engine.

Searching "Untersberg" on Google gives 142,000 results, doing the same search in AllTheWeb gives 384,000 results, so it may show some things not available through a Google search, although both do not show more than 1000 links.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Unique but Human

Hi UbH,
Even in New Zealand we have legends and tales of early Maori and another race, called Patu-paiarehe.. I am not sure if they were related to the Nelson area, I will try and find out.

Here is the link:

The Patu-paiarehe were for the most part of much lighter complexion than the Maori; their hair was of the dull golden or reddish hue “uru-kehu,” such as is sometimes seen among the Maoris of to-day. They inhabited the remote parts of the wooded ranges, preferring the highest peaks such as Hihikiwi.

Havalon (a Kiwi too)

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Great thread! Finally something that catches my attention. I am looking forward to reading more!

multiple line post

[edit on 26-8-2008 by galatea]

[edit on 26-8-2008 by galatea]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Havalon

Thanks Havalon and nice to hear from you. You're obviously living just down the road from where I am !!
Yes WE are on shaky ground. You've probably read the work of Martin Doutre then ?? "Ancient Celtic New Zealand" I think was the title. And yes there apparently was a fair skinned race here in ancient times....but this is something which doesn't sit well with New Zealands historians and all but a few Kaitiake would prefer this didn't find its way into the history books of tertiary study.

Can you.......or anyone provide a link to material which deals with the anecdote.....that speaks of how New Zealand (very ancient NZ...) was kept by an ancient people as a sort of world reserve (or 'preserve') and was guarded and kept as such. Can't remember where I read that. But it has intrigued me ever since.

Untersberg None of this surprises me.....but oh for people who can get to the heart of things like this.....and sift out the red herrings from the Hoki !!

regards,

Ken.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Havalon

Aye, it seems the once considered fiction is now being taken very seriously as possible fact.. www.stuff.co.nz... carries an article about a European womans skull that has been found that predates Cooks arrival (Also carried on the major news networks)... A very good site for references on a PRE-Cook European existence here is www.celticnz.co.nz...

Anyway, thats all on a side note - now considering the topic at hand I would like to throw my 2 cents in, firstly yes, over in NZ here we have vast local legends of 'gods' living in mountains and caves also ( as well as rivers, lakes yada yada ), which the local Maori called Taniwha ( pronounced Tane-far ).. Some Taniwha were known to come out and help people... also note, we are a very mountainous country
... While I find this thread very interesting I have yet to see anything come about in the form of evidence that could be examined as anything more then common folk-lore, which often came about as fireside stories, or as ways to express a desire for a miraculous way out of extremely poor living conditions to see them in to a brighter future... the stories are indeed fascinating and intriguing but warrant far more investigative skills 'on the ground'... It would indeed be fascinating to read through what the SS discovered in those mountains, and the other regions they explored as this is probably the most comprehensive research ever undertaken in these regions ( and the research being based on what we are interested in as well ). Going by what we know though, it would be impossible for a biological life form to exist in these caves for any amount of time, without sunlight and the benefits thereof, it's just not possible for any reasonable sized organism to survive... However, if you were to add a 'spiritual' aspect to it... then, we open up a whole new can of worms...
Anyway, keep the information coming, it has indeed picked ATS up a lot IMHO.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I usually lurk and read, learning and enjoying very interesting news and theories. However, this topic just grabbed me and ran. I'm not sure why, I have seen similar stories about missing people, caves, the triangle, etc.
Starred (and it's my very first post and my very first star!!!)

Great job Skyfloating- I'm trying to follow up every lead mentioned LOLZ (as if anyone has enough time to cover all of them).

Be Safe,

Wench

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
WOW, now this catches my attention

and i've only read the first part

FANTASTIC THREAD!!!

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
All these flags and stars better actually DO something instead of having this topic die weeks later. Hopefully some people with free time see this and actually do some on-the-site exploration.

[edit on 8/26/2008 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Since i dont have enough points for a U2U (kinda sucks i wasn't told before typing the whole message). Is the any additional information on this story?
It really creeped me out.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
i came across this video. it is about 10 mins, but i don't understand german.

Der Untersberg

but if you watch it, there are some great images.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Are their any other threads like this one ......would it be in Underground Military Bases?

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join