It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Untersberg - The Mystery Mountain

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lebowski achiever
What I also find interesting is how widespread the theme of humans being fooled by elves/dwarfs etc to eat their food is. Of course once they do timeslips occur. Irish Fairy lore also warns to never accept food from fairies as you may go missing for a hundred years.

I've noticed that in some accounts the reverse is also true, that they have been known to appear to humans and ask for food, or, sometimes an exchange of food takes place. Food is a fairly common theme, it seems.

I once read an account of a man in, I think, Wisconsin, many years ago, can't remember the exact time frame, I want to say back in the '50's. He was, if I'm remembering right, a farmer living in a rather remote area. He reported to the local authorities that an egg shaped craft came down out of the sky and opened up. Two men were inside, and one of the men asked for water to make buckwheat pancakes, of all things. He got it for them, they made the pancakes, gave him one and took back off in their egg. He ate the pancake and reported that it tasted very bland. I don't think there was any missing time involved.

Makes me wonder though, what is the significance of exchanging food?

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by AdAstra

Its because of questions like you ask them that I want to get my hands on the original reports. Ive only been going from internet-copies and do not know the answers yet.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Whatever the mystery on the mountain or in that area, the fact the scenery is drop dead beautiful.
For myself I would NOT EVER go into any cave. I'm way to claustrophobic.

There seems that many mountains in the world have strange stories about them.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by chickenshoes

I remember the pancakes story.

You can read about it here.

For those that can read German, here are two links that I suppose allow searches of old newspapers.

Exilpresse digital
Pressemappe 20. jahrhundert

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

An interesting thread. There is almost always, it seems, some factual basis to legends, though often greatly distorted and embellished.

Missing people in the mountains is a common theme, and it happens even today. A few years ago right here in my area, a woman hiking with her family went missing on a well marked trail. It seems she left her husband and son(s?) to return a short distance back to where their car was parked at the trail head.

Despite a big search effort, she was never seen again. No trace of clothing, no trail for the bloodhounds, no sign of any animals large enough to carry her off, nothing. As I recall, this was from the late '90s, though offhand I have no source.

Is there reason to believe that many of the mountainous areas of the world hold some strange secrets? I don't know, but I suspect the answer is yes. Exactly what secrets I haven't a real clue.

S&F for you.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Fantastic thread, i think the OP deserves a huge amount of praise, for if nothing else, the sheer amount of effort hes put into translating all of these documents into readable text.

Starred & Flagged.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
In many different articles/blogs Hitlers search for the "Holy Grail" ref.isais-and-untersberg article...

What follows is only tradition, but may be of interest.
It is the German tradition that the Templars were ordered to form a secret scientific sect in southern Germany, Austria and northern Italy to be known as "Die Herren vom Schwarzen Stein" - The Lords of the Black Stone - or DHvSS for short, and this is said to be the true, hidden meaning of SS.
The Holy Grail ("Ghral" is holy stone, Persian-Arabic) was said to be a black-violet crystal, half quartz, half amethyst, through which Higher Powers communicated with humanity. It was given into the safe-keeping of the Cathars, and smuggled out of the last stronghold at Montsegur, France, and hidden, by four Cathar women on the night of 14 March 1244. There is a Cathar legend that 700 years after the destruction of the Cathar religion the Holy Grail would be returned to its rightful holders, DHvSS, or the SS?

source

The Society allegedly not only taught concentration exercises designed to awaken the forces of Vril, their main goal was to achieve Raumflug (Spaceflight) to reach Aldebaran. To achieve this, the Vril Society joined the Thule Gesellschaft and the alleged DHvSS (Die Herren des schwarzen Steins, The Masters of the Black Stone) to fund an ambitious program involving an inter-dimensional flight machine based on psychic revelations from the Aldebaran aliens.

Members of the Vril Society are said to have included Adolf Hitler, Alfred Rosenberg, Heinrich Himmler, Hermann Göring, and Hitler's personal physician, Dr. Theodor Morell. These were original members of the Thule Society which supposedly joined Vril in 1919. The NSDAP (National Sozialistische Deutsche ArbeiterPartei) was created by Thule in 1920, one year later. Dr. Krohn, who helped to create the Nazi flag, was also a Thulist.

With Hitler in power in 1933, both Thule and Vril Gesellschafts allegedly received official state backing for continued disc development programs aimed at both spaceflight and possibly a war machine.

Vril: The Power of the Coming Race

Nazi occultism
Der sagenumwobene Untersberg und seine Geschichten
The knights templar
The Holy Grail/black crystal
The last Indiana Jones includes fights with the Nazis over the Holy Grail AND aliens LOL

[edit on 26-8-2008 by flymetothemoon]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

You know it could be where the "Yajuj and Majuj" are. They are currently under a massive mountain behind a 1800meter wall made of Iron and Copper. Which they try to dig through! - Although im more convinced that they are somewhere else which im not going to mention.

Anyway its an interesting post which i belive is the residential area for a tribe of Jinns. Which i know you are going to find skeptical and laugh at me. So il leave it there.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MeTTaLic_PhaNToM

Hey man, nothing wrong with having unconventional beliefs. I myself am not convinced yet either way about the Jinn. But these others, the first two you mentioned in parentheses, I've never heard these names before. I'm interested though that's for sure!

This thread is profoundly interesting, I'm going to be keep a very close eye on it. Even if the stories are heavily exaggerated they're still quite fantastic and worthy of study!

I'm surprised that I've never heard of these mountains before, let alone these legends.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ben420

It's very easy to get lost, or stuck, or break your light, or get injured, etc, if you don't know what you're doing. If you break your light when you're thousands of feet in a cave with no backup light or anyone to save you, you're as good as dead.

If you have experience spelunking or you are bringing an experienced spelunker with you, than thats great, just remember to bring cameras to show us the evidence.

But for the unexperienced people that live close to the mountain and want to explore it, I can't stess enough how dangerous it can be and how easy it is to get yourself killed, injured, or lost if you don't know what you're doing.

That is very true. Even experienceds speleologists can have fatal accidents. And it is much easier to get *lost* in a cave system than anyone would think at first sight.
I don't think these warnings will really dissuade anyone, but people should be aware of the dangers. The greatest of them being that many caves don't *look* dangerous at all.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

im about 3 to 4 hours north of untersberg, so i cant speak to any legends down that way. the only thing that i've heard mention of in my area is the little town of Hohenburg in der Oberpfalz, a town that i live near. i've been there a few times, and it's really a nice town. as you're coming into the town, there are castle ruins on top of a mountain there. i have heard 2 different stories as to how the castle was destroyed. the first was that it was destroyed during a battle. the second story says that the "gunpowder tower" was struck by lightning, which caused the castle to literally explode. an old man in the town that spoke a little english says that the local legend is that the "lightning" wasn't lightning, but fire that came out of the sky and struck the castle. this old guy was also about 80 years old, so i kind of dismissed what he had to say, but it's still a good story.

the only other info i ever found out about that castle is posted HERE

it describes the military base in the area, it's history and it's purpose. another good read.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Every strange or spiritual place on Earth has a 'Guardian' That 'face' in the rock that many say is 'all in your head'

First post!
About 14 years ago, I toured with a guitar player who was Brazilian [living in NYC]. Since I had lived in Brazil for a year, we had a lot to talk about. One of the most powerful conversations we ever had was about this place that his grandfather took him to when he was a wee lad.
From what I can remember, the location was the top of a mountain just inland from Rio de Janeiro. Facing away from the city proper there was a face carved into the top of a mountain. I don't know the location or size, but I seem to recall that it was larger than him, but not Rushmore sized. Apparently it was situated such that it could not be seen from the ground or the sky.
I recall the conversation so vividly because he just had this incredible connection that conveyed when he was speaking of the place. He expressed his need to return to the place as very acute, but the base of the particular mountain is now completely surrounded now by favelas. The favelas in Brazil can be very lawless places, and he described this particular location as being such, thus he has never been able to return to this face in the mountain.
At the time of that conversation 14 years ago, he had not ever been able to find any reference to this face anywhere despite periodically looking for any information on the occasions he had to returned to Rio. His connection to this spot was so intense that the only way he ever thought he would be able to get back up there would be to lead a film crew or some such expedition that could be sanctioned enough to get Brazilian national support to pass through the favela.
I am unaware as to whether he was ever successful in returning there as I have not had contact with him.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   

It is believed that there are beings in the universe that actually guard time portals aswell as TIME itself.

This is highly interesting.
But where did you get it? What is your source?

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

a glowing Orb descending behind some trees beside the mountain while walking through woods at the mountain side. This was at night, in the rain. The Orb was purple and something I will never forget.

I bet you won't...

I hope this is not too off-topic, but would you mind describing the orb and the circumstances in more detail, if possible?
I find it very interesting.

[edit on 26-8-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpookyVince

- Charlemagne is sleeping there, and he's waiting the day the ravens will stop flying around the mountain to restore the former Germanic Empire to its glory; he's sending everyday a little boy out to see if the ravens are still flying
- same story as above, but with Frederick Barbarossa (Frederic Barberousse), whose beard would have already been growing through the table he's sitting at...

This is a very common motif.
(See the link to the "King in the Mountain" article in one of my previous posts.)

Just how those legends (or THE legend, since it's basically the same legend, only the names vary) originated, however, is an interesting and perfectly valid question. I don't think ethnologists have answered it, not so far.
(And it's not their "business", anyway.)

[edit on 26-8-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Probably the best thread I have come across since joining. Thank you all for the great discussions. Obviously it is still on going. Starred and Flagged.
Quick question as the newb here. Before I logged in to express my thanks for the amazing thread, I notice that words were missing in some of the replies. What's the deal?

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thanks for that newspaper-search-archive. I havent quite found out how to use it yet. Could any German shed some light

Meanwhile I found this newspaper article which basically confirms what I said about the time-jump or its denial on a previous page, with the following additional information:

* Monika K. (friend of the married couple) returned to Germany pregnant by an Egyptian boats captain.

* The travellers looked emaciated and downbeat and didnt want to talk about what had happened

* Monika had a fight with the married couple over the trip and is no longer in contact with them.

* Allegedly she applied for a new passport at an embassy in Turkey and the embassy called back to Munich and it all went well. The article also mentions though that this shouldnt have gone well since the police were searching and tracing her after her dissappearance.

* Asked why they just left their jobs, apartments and their friends and relatives (terrified that they had dissappeared) Monika K. responded: "Just for fun and adventure". Her father had assumed she was dead.

This article will not suffice as reliable information though (even though its from a serious source), because it was published on the 8 of August 2008.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MeTTaLic_PhaNToM

Anyway its an interesting post which i belive is the residential area for a tribe of Jinns. Which i know you are going to find skeptical and laugh at me. So il leave it there.

Actually no, Im not gonna laugh at you or anyone else here. Ridicule is not ATS-style.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Yes, the thing with the Orb. Its not necessarily connected to the location I was at, because Ive had my fair share of strange sightings throughout my life at other locations too. Its a typical experience one might have when one is "in the mood" for such an event. A purple ball, maybe the size of a car, going down at a slow speed (like a balloon), out of sight behind trees. It was raining and dark. My excitement was magnified by the fact that I was actually walking alone on a path in the woods in the dark. It caused me to soon turn and make my way back to the street, deciding that I had seen enough for the day.

You know, we call for this type of stuff to happen, but when it actually does, we´re sometimes not keen on more of it happening. Like "Yeah, very nice, but dont come too close!".

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Thank you very much.
I am very interested in orbs because I have seen them myself on various occasions (golden ones, smallish).

BTW, was it translucent or "solid"?

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join