It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Untersberg - The Mystery Mountain

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Ya I thought twice about posting it but did anyway because it lacked credible sources but interesting none the less.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
There are lots of those legends in Germany. One of the most famous ones is the story of the Brocken, a mountain with the Harz Mountains. It is said that every year on "Walpurgis Night," the night of April 30th, the devil and his flock of disciples, witches, warlocks, etc. gather on the Brocken -- also called Blocksberg -- to dance naked around a huge fire and have an orgy there.

Then there's the legendary saga about the Nibelungen, where dragons are slayed and the likes.

I never thought those were any more than stories... but to see it from another viewpoint is quite interesting...

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by Byrd
I lived in Germany during the 1950's and did visit the Unterwald area.

We´re not actually talking about the Unterwald area but about the Untersberg area.

Agh. I meant Untersberg. I can't type....

It appears that the UFO crowd in Germany is trying to remake their dwarves into Greys.

The Legends I quoted in previous posts referring to grey-skinned, big-headed dwarfs originate in 15th to 18th Century.

I did see the later material, and knew that they were "ugly"... but I never before came across a reference to them having gray skin. However, given that miners often have grayish skin, I shouldn't be too surprised.

The whole area was heavily mined since prehistoric times.

Enjoying the tales -- great work!

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

I did see the later material, and knew that they were "ugly"... but I never before came across a reference to them having gray skin. However, given that miners often have grayish skin, I shouldn't be too surprised.

The whole area was heavily mined since prehistoric times.

Im not certain that "little grey people abducting humans and causing time-slips" (see page 4) can be ascribed to the work of miners.

But thanks for the note of skepticism nevertheless

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

Yes, there are a lot of stories and legends...but the difference is that Untersberg legends mostly seem to involve time-phenomena and dwarfs. This, and the fact that people like Hitler were a bit too interested in it, gives the area a special status over others.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
interesting I never knew why Hitler built that house with that view of Unsterberg.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
What I also find interesting is how widespread the theme of humans being fooled by elves/dwarfs etc to eat their food is. Of course once they do timeslips occur. Irish Fairy lore also warns to never accept food from fairies as you may go missing for a hundred years.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Mount Machapuchare in the Himilayas is the key to such mountain mysteries. Myth and religion often do record the fortean knowledge of times before the internet. The stories from Nepal from villages at the base in mountains are amazing and timeless. It is recorded in OLD BOOKS. But there is very little available in english on the net.

Google does NOT have the answers. When such an intriguing a subject as mysterious mountains, ufos and aliens emerge from eastern cultures who do not speak english, we need to go to old libraries and universities.

I've been trying to get more info on the mysterious happenings around Mt. Muchapuchare. It is one of the highest in the world (2nd?) and no one is allowed to climb it as it. It sacred to all the hindi/buddhist in India, Nepal, Tibet and China. Been there and researched it years ago but have found little information in english on the web since. I will go back there in a few months but only for a short time.

Does anyone know more about this mountain. Sorry to change the subject from das german mountain. But there is a link with Muchapuchare and ufology, subdwellers etc, recorded for hundreds of years, maybe thousands.

The kids there drew pictures of aliens and spaceships and point to the mountain describing amazing lights. For them they are the hindu gods, but on paper they drew greys and spaceships. These kids had no access to tv and american films. The older people in the villagers took it all more seriously.

There was talk that the ufo activity was there forever and older folk did speak more of modern spaceships and strange small beings although many indicated it was not a spiritual

Hiter had an interest in the region obviously and apparently the best library with the most information is in Llasa. Access is granted to academics. (Sorry no link). There is some info on this on the web in english.

So if anyone's gonna be in Tibet there is a cool place to start investigating the people from inside the earth.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Everyone seems to have missed the biggest correlation between the legends and JRR Tolkiens LOTR.

The legends say that when someone wakens the King he will come with his army and help the righteous defeat the evil ones during the end of the world.

In LOTR Aragon, Gimli and Legolas trekked under a mountain to find the dead King and his legion of ghost warriors who then helped those on the side of good to defeat the forces of evil, thus preventing the end of the world.

Probably means little, just thought I'd point it out.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sylvie
One of the most famous ones is the story of the Brocken, a mountain with the Harz Mountains. It is said that every year on "Walpurgis Night," the night of April 30th, the devil and his flock of disciples, witches, warlocks, etc. gather on the Brocken -- also called Blocksberg -- to dance naked around a huge fire and have an orgy there.

hmmm dancing naked in brocken (back) mountain

thanks for posting. really nice read and googling didn't do much for me. fresh stuff for me here...

the mentioned pied piper of hamelin connection should be awesome if we can find more info.
found this on wiki, oldest recorded copy (from a glass window) of the pied piper legend. (translation please)

edit for size

[edit on 25-8-2008 by beastamerica]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DrBones666

Yes, you're absolutely right. I should've seen that cause I clearly remember that part of LOTR, it was so over the top, even for LOTR, that it was a big anti-climax.

But cool to see the correlation.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   

i like this post... please translate more.... it is very interesting.

-Euclid

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Kind of off the subject...but kind of related. A year or so back, I was watching a show on the travel channel(probably) about the 10 strangest spots on Earth. There was a story about a hermit that created amazing feats of stone work by himself. The reason this sticks out in my mind is that the commentator was standing by this 30 ton, rectangular, horizontal stone block in a channel. He and his staff, like 6 or 7 men total, were pushing this block as hard as they could. Nada. Then the commentator went a few feet away to a much smaller stone block, angled it towards the large stone, and walked over to it, and pushed it with ONE finger...the large stone spun like a top.

The story was that the hermit has figured out how to harness the lay lines/magnetic lines, and utilize them to create these unbelievable works of stone by himself...

Does anyone know this story? If so, was it around this area, or could there be any correlation?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
very interesting thread!

i actually live in austria and never really heard that much about Untersberg, thanks for bringing it to light. most unusual stuff going on there as it seems..

it only takes me a 3 hour car drive there from Vienna and eventually i will be in Salzburg next month for a few days which is right at the mountains feet.
In that case i will certainly take my EOS and my mountainbike with me and go for some information hunting there.

I will try to gather some "inside" information from the local people..maybe i get some hints to interesting caves or locations. If i make some interesting finds i will certainly post them here!

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
just looking around on google earth, I noticed a grid-like feature around 500m south of the location of Untersberg mt from this comprehensive listing of various online maps of this mountain

the google earth link > here

does anyone know what this feature is?

[edit on 25-8-2008 by FlakeMaker]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Hello Guys

This has me enthralled! great thread and story. Why dont we do an investigation and get a few ATSrs together. I,m no good at tech things but I would be very happy to help carry equipment.

Obviously we would need experienced folk from many walks of life, cavers, tehno people and the like. Just a thought.

I got 3 weeks off from 12th December maybe we can have a meet and search thing! just a thought but I,be up for it.

Anyone up for that!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
great posts OP!
THe mountains hold the key, there are tales in many places around the globe, where mountainous passes and gorges open up to the weary traveler.
Every legend has its roots in "reality"

If one sets its mind on it, one will find what one seeks...
of course as has been told before, being careful, and knowing what one is doing helps sometimes, unless one wants to end in the bottom of a ravine.

I do find the rock that makes the massive mount peculiar, to me it seems like the remains of something older than time, or something that has been there since the beginning of recorded time.
In old ancient places the secrets lie waiting to be awoken by the few that dare open its doors...

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
google books advanced has 500+ listings for old english works mentioning untersberg, many just for tourists.

a quick look reveals an old word in english: "manikens",
which itself, et. c., would give another set of interesting old books.

(use only "full view" to get the older books)

books.google.com... as_miny=&as_maxy=&as_isbn=

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Another excellent thread Skyfloating, thanks for bringing this to mind.

If there is another 80% to go, i can't wait. Star and flag from me.

Someone earlier was pondering why people always think, the higher up mountains you go, the closer to god you come. I think it could be that certain mountains, and even mountains in general, carry a certain amount/type of energy, which can help you channel better, or increase awareness. Maybe the higher up you go, theres a bigger vibrating frequency, and people have miss interpreted that it is to do with height? There is no source for that, just a thought on the matter, and sorry to divert the thread.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
i sat through another day at work, fed the kids, did homework...now i can read a little on this story....

I found this while searching out some info on the Mountain Kings stories (I keep hearing that song in my head):

www.pitt.edu...

In the year 1669 a peasant from the village of Reblingen who was hauling grain to Nordhausen was taken into the mountain by a little dwarf. He was told to empty out his grain and allowed to fill his sacks with gold in its place. He saw the emperor sitting there entirely motionless.

In addition, a dwarf led a shepherd into the mountain who had once played a tune on his flute that had pleased the emperor. The emperor stood up and asked: "Are ravens still flying around the mountain?" When the shepherd answered "yes," the Kaiser responded: "Then I must sleep for another hundred years."

I believe Byrd may have linked to it (i saw the page earlier today...but didn't have time to really read it).

King Barbarosa is attributed to a different mountain in the above (Kyffhäuser Mountain]. Karl is attributed to Untersberg:

In this marvelous mountain sits Emperor Karl, a golden crown on his head, his scepter in his hand, and accompanied by other princely and noble lords. He went into a trance at Great Walserfeld, and has kept the same form that he had during his mortal life. His beard is grey and long, entirely covering his golden breastplate. On special occasions he divides his beard into two parts, half on his right side and half on his left, each tied with a precious pearl band. The emperor has a keen and profound look, and he is friendly and sociable toward all of his subjects who walk back and forth with him across a beautiful meadow. No one knows why he is there and what he intends to do. These remain mysteries of God.

Franz Sartori claims that it is Emperor Karl V., but others say that it is Frederick, who sits at a table around which his beard has grown more than two times. As soon as the the beard has reached the last corner of the table for the third time, the last days of the earth will have arrived. The Antichrist will appear; a battle will be fought on the fields at Wals; angels will sound their trumpets; and Judgment Day will have begun.

The thing about this to me is the inclusion of Christian mythos. However, it is important to remember that the catholic church DID include many pagan stories and deities in the stories of saints and such. It is not a stretch at all to think that these stories may predate Christianity by a considerable amount.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join