It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Untersberg - The Mystery Mountain

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+556 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
[pressimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/21c1f5bc13c6.jpg[/pressimg] In August 1987 three people entered a Mountain in Southern Germany to explore several caves. They did not return and neither the police nor mountaineers found any trace of them – except for their car parked at a parking place nearby. 3 months later they called their relatives from a ship in the red sea that was heading for Alexandria, Egypt. They claimed to have no knowledge how they had gotten there, that 3 months had passed or what had happened inside that mountain. In Alexandria they went to the Consulate and returned home. (More on this story page 12 of this thread).

Welcome to a tale of Time Portals, Elves, Fairies, Gnomes, Extraterrestrials, Subterranean Civilizations, The Holy Grail and Paranormal Phenomena surrounding a Mountain bordering Germany and Austria called "Untersberg".

Ive personally visited this mountain twice on research expeditions and will relay my own experiences in later posts.

1. Hitlers Obsession

Disclaimer: This section does not constitute an endorsement of Hitler but examines an obsession he had

On a 1992 visit to Austria, the Dalai Lama specifically asked to see the Mountain, calling it “a sleeping Dragon” and “The Heartchakra of the World” (chakra refers to an energy center in eastern terminology).

But this was not the first world-famous person to know of the mountain. Hitler was obsessed with it, hoping to gain access to supernatural beings and power to turn a war that he was loosing.

Hitler built a House on top of a mountain on the border to Austria (called "Berghof") from which he could view the Untersberg (direct translation: Under-Mountain) all day. He believed the mountain and that which was inside the mountain to harbour mystical powers that would help him beat his enemies. Hitlers view from his living room:

So that he could pursue his obsession more intensely, he acquired telescopes, not made for the purpose of star-gazing but especially equipped for earth-gazing. This is Hitler beside one of the telescopes pointing at the Untersberg:

One reason he became intrigued by the mountain is because of reoccuring events, legends and tales of people gone missing, people experiencing missing time, encounters with elves and extraterrestrials and passageways to what Hitler called “the inner earth”.

A recent expedition (August 2008) into the gigantic cave-system under the mountain revealed that it goes down so far, that its lowest point had not been reached yet. The cave explorers had to return from their expedition without knowing how far down it goes. According to a german newspaper report they had gone down 1056 meters before being forced to return at an abyss-like precipce. This had been accomplished by being able to pass an extremely narrow passageway that had been previously unpassable. They also discovered more than 800 new passageways and, believe it or not, a lake in 930 meters depth. They crossed it with a rubber boat. One view from the inside:

2. Missing People

Similar to the Bermuda Triangle, hundreds of people have gone missing in the area, either

a) Never to be seen again or
b) Show up years later or in another place on earth, apparently having made a jump in time, space or both.

Missing People have been so frequent that German and Austrian newspapers regularly carry stories on the Mystery. This one shows a police helicopter in search of a couple that recently (2008) went missing (and also addressing the time-leap theory):

Ancient Legends report of "little people" coming out of the mountain and "little people" flying aircraft from the mountain up into the sky. There are also many hundreds of ancient legends surrounding this mountain that involve the phenomenon of "missing time", as known in modern UFO-Abduction Reports.

To be continued...

[edit on 26-8-2008 by Skyfloating]
edit on 4/4/2011 by AshleyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
How very interesting! I had no idea this was going on there! My Dad and brother hit the mountain last year, taking a tour etc, both being big WWII buffs...and they have some great photos of the mountain and the house Hitler built etc, but neither one said a word about all the disappearances etc!

Star and flag for you! Maybe some kind German ATS members will do a translation of the article you posted for us

Great photo of the inside of the cave structure!

[edit on 24-8-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Interesting indeed, I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the information. Its the sort of thing that I love to find more about and research in my own time.

Wayne...

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Wow what a fascinating post. One of the more intresting things i've read recently on ATS.

Cannot wait to hear more, starred and flagged!

Posts like this are the reason im on ATS

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I've heard of that mountain, but the least I can say is that it holds contradictory legends...

According to the different things I've heard/read:
- it is populated with dwarves/goblins
- it is populated with women of an awesome beauty (and possibly they would capture the men who would let themselves attract, kind of similar to the sirens stories)
- Charlemagne is sleeping there, and he's waiting the day the ravens will stop flying around the mountain to restore the former Germanic Empire to its glory; he's sending everyday a little boy out to see if the ravens are still flying
- same story as above, but with Frederick Barbarossa (Frederic Barberousse), whose beard would have already been growing through the table he's sitting at...

I reckon it's late evening and I'm tired; I don't really feel like posting links to those, but I will
Anyhow, it is sure a place that has its lot of tales & legends!

Good article, Skyfloating. Star & flag!

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Excellent, Thank you. It's great to find something here fresh and new for a change. Starred & flagged! Will be keeping up on the thread. Once again thanks.

[edit on 8/24/08 by SlytOfHnd]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
And now I have a new obsession! lol

Thanks for posting this and all of the work you put into this. I am excited to read more.

+22 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
There´s more to come folks. Im able to translate German, it just takes a heck of a lot of time. Give me a few days.

Im currently translating old legends and folktales surrounding the mountain that all have one thing in common:

Dwarfs with grey coloured skin, big heads, huge eyes and involvement of missing time and time-skips. There´s hundreds of these tales all featuring the same characters (dwarfs with big heads) and time-anomaly.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Ha! Sounds like it is time to take a trip!!!! Thank you for posting this Skyfloating! I will be anxiously awaiting your future posts on this.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
very interesting subject. Would love to read more about this. do you have anymore links on it ??

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by notyavgkat
very interesting subject. Would love to read more about this. do you have anymore links on it ??

Nope. Thats exactly the problem: Its new to the english-speaking internet and has to be written up. It features on a few german-language sites covering UFOs, Conspiracy, etc. I´ll translate some of it.

[edit on 24-8-2008 by Skyfloating]

+23 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Here is some info

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
excellent post!! to be honest, i've never heard of this before - thank you very much! the only "mystery" mountain i've heard of is Frenchman Mountain near Las Vegas, NV. supposedly it has many anomalies, and Dr. Dan Burisch has worked with micro-wormholes up there, and maybe even a stargate!

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpookyVince
I've heard of that mountain, but the least I can say is that it holds contradictory legends...

According to the different things I've heard/read:
- it is populated with dwarves/goblins
- it is populated with women of an awesome beauty (and possibly they would capture the men who would let themselves attract, kind of similar to the sirens stories)
- Charlemagne is sleeping there, and he's waiting the day the ravens will stop flying around the mountain to restore the former Germanic Empire to its glory; he's sending everyday a little boy out to see if the ravens are still flying
- same story as above, but with Frederick Barbarossa (Frederic Barberousse), whose beard would have already been growing through the table he's sitting at...

now you have me wondering if it's an entrance to Hollow Earth! IF all that's true... though i have a feeling it is...

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Thank you for sharing this VERY interesting story: never heard before about it; and thanks also for taking the time to translate all this stuff, i'm sure it took to you a lot of time and efforts, but it's worthy to say the least.
Looking forward to read the rest of the story

Super deserved Star & Flag, submitted to Digg.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shades1035

Here is some info

Thats right. But take the info there with a grain of salt. I was not able to find sources for all of it.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Shades1035

Thanks!

Ghia

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Like a previous poster said.....

This is why I read ATS.....stories like this are very interesting to most people, yet most Americans and non-Germans probably have never heard of it.

Starred and Flagged.

Looking forward to the translations......

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Thank you for posting, Skyfloating.

There is a book, Among the Gnomes: An Occult Tale of Adventures in the Untersberg written by Frantz Hartmann that talks about the gnomes and "others" that inhabit the mountain. Pretty interesting subject!

I look forward to more of your posts.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Very interesting. It does remind me of the book by Graham Hancock "Supernatural" where he speaks of stories such as this.

I would love to visit that mountain and actually go inside.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join