It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems restore delegates to Florida, Michigan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Dems restore delegates to Florida, Michigan

cnnwire.blogs.cnn.com

DENVER, Colorado (CNN) – In another bid to restore party unity, the Democratic National Committee voted unanimously Sunday to restore full convention voting rights to Florida and Michigan delegates.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 24/8/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I wonder if Hillary would have got the nomination if they would have done this sooner. IMO this is proof that yet again we are gonna have another staged, pre-decided election. I haven't heard anyone screaming manipulation yet. What do you think?

cnnwire.blogs.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 24/8/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Mod: Please remove I overlooked previous posting on this.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Stay tuned.... Hillary is not done yet.

Would it surprise anyone if for some strange reason Obama loses his nomination at the convention? Hillary has been working the delegates since she suspended (not ended) her campaign. I think it will be a Clinton/Biden ticket. Obama has lost his grove thing...

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
Would it surprise anyone if for some strange reason Obama loses his nomination at the convention?

It would only surprise millions and milliions and millions of people.

I firmly believe that we Americans have been conditioned for Senator Obama's upcoming election and presidency for quite some time now. Hollywood and the fawning MSM come to mind immediately.

Of course, I believe it truly shocked the power-mad and self-entitled Clintons that their "groove thing" never got going in the wake of Obamamania.

What on earth makes you think it will be a "Clinton/Biden" ticket? Or, is it just a case of wishful thinking?

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Once again, the barn door is closed after the cows get out.

This is yet further validation that the 'party' system is so broken as to be a joke.

You'll be told who to vote for and like it!

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
You'll be told who to vote for and like it!

Well said, Max. Fortunately, people out there [generally, waayyy out there, as far as the rest of 'em are concerned] do still, reportedly, have the ability to think, choose, and act for themselves, as opposed to taking someone [e.g. MSM, Mom and Dad, the Church, the Party, the American Idol winners!, etc.] else's word for it.

I am eternally grateful that I have begun to truly embrace, in earnest, my own volition. Verily a work in progress.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
Stay tuned.... Hillary is not done yet.

Would it surprise anyone if for some strange reason Obama loses his nomination at the convention? Hillary has been working the delegates since she suspended (not ended) her campaign. I think it will be a Clinton/Biden ticket. Obama has lost his grove thing...

Maybe that explains why they've set up so many detention cells, they're expecting trouble.. Just a thought..

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsTheQuestion

Hillary has been working the delegates since she suspended (not ended) her campaign.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Yes she has!

After a very quick search on Google.

Hillary Privately Urging Her Pledged Delegates To Vote For Obama At Convention

Well, here we are a week later, and it turns out that Hillary is making private calls to her pledged delegates, asking them to vote for Obama at the convention, and urging them to work as hard for Obama as they did for her.

Clinton Expected to Release Delegates Wednesday

Sun Aug 24, 7:50 PM ET

DENVER - Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, hoping to unite the Democratic Party and cement her future in it, will gather her hard-won primary delegates Wednesday at a reception where she is expected to formally release them to Barack Obama.

Official: Clinton to Release Delegates to Obama Wednesday

Asked about Clinton’s plans for the event, her spokesman Philippe Reines said it will be “an opportunity for Senator Clinton to see her delegates — many for the first time since the primaries ended, thank them for their hard work and support, and most importantly to encourage them to support and work for Senator Obama as strongly as she has in order to elect him in November.”

Hillary's Diehards Rage On

In a bid to unify the party, Senator Clinton has been given a prime-time speaking role at the convention. She has agreed to release her hard won delegates so they could support Senator Obama.

SOME delegates that had pledged to vote for Hillary said they still will, but that's only about 40% of them.

40% of her "pledged" delegates voting for her at the convention = LOSER!

There is no chance of her somehow winning the nomination at the convention.

[edit on 8/25/2008 by Keyhole]

top topics

join