It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs, the media, and the plan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
This is just a theory, but with the recent up surge in media attention given to UFOs and the growing public interest do you think the U.S. Military/Government are thinking of ways to manipulate, inject disinformation, or try to stop media coverage of UFOs?

Think about it...they must be getting so many FOIA requests for UFO information and it must be driving them mad!

Either they are going to start letting some information leak out, or they're going to pull back and tighten up the reigns and try to extinguish the media coverage and public interest just like they tried to do with Project Blue Book and the termination of it.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

I think that would all depend on why the government is covering up UFO's...

What is your take on this?

My point is that any discovery into "If" they are doing it, or "How" they are doing it; must by default be tied directly into "WHY" they would be covering this up.

There are numerous theories out there, what is yours?

Semper

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I personally think this is a spin based time delayed disclosure going on. The ultimate goal, I suspect, is to replace current monotheisms with an alien interaction based religion, so as to keep control of the population.

If the elites can they will both use aliens as a threat and as bait. Control is all they care about, they do not care what they have to do to get it. I believe this alien issue will show us where the elites have spent the largest chunk of the wealth they missapropriated, fundamentally from the Americans. It might also show where all the Nazis ran off to.

The more I hear and read about it the less I think we will see real bonafied aliens, but I could be wrong.

One thing I will say, with what I know now, if I see a huge heavier than air craft floating over a human city I will not automatically assume it's alien.

In this bullcrap ridden world I would have to personally interact with an alien to believe he/she/it was indeed an alien.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Zepherian I agree with you 100 % .......

Sorry I know yall hate one liners ..but I couldnt have added anything else than what Zeph posted ...............

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality
This is just a theory, but with the recent up surge in media attention given to UFOs and the growing public interest.......

I see people say this all the time. Every time there is a UFO show on Larry King, a new X-Files movie, some kid in grade school having UFOs in a math problem, or an energizer bunny commercial for crying out loud, lol....point is, I don't think that Aliens and UFOs being in the media are anything new, nor any more than normal right now. If you are on ATS a lot, and I know you are, you will see this being put forth countless times, over many years on here. But nothing ever happens. Wonder why?

Plus, about the growing public interest thing....I hope that is not the case right now. If public interest surges to the point that national news media actually take a serious look into this subject, they will find it full of idiots, ignorant blind believers, hoaxers....in short everything and everyone that make up the stereotypical "UFO whack job." Expose that side, the largest and most vocal side of "Ufology" to the public, and well....you will have to wait a long time before you will see public interest again...thats for sure. Better to clean up the community, police our own, so when public interest grows to the point that a responsible discussion is at hand, we will be ready to represent ourselves with logic, reason and common sense...denouncing the absurdities of the past the have, to this point, spoken for us to the public at large.

do you think the U.S. Military/Government are thinking of ways to manipulate, inject disinformation, or try to stop media coverage of UFOs?

I think they looked into that in the past, like well before the 70's maybe, but I don't think they are using mass media to gauge any sort of public reaction of exert unseen control over the populace at this time. One reason, I think our government is too incompetent to do something with such finesse. Plus, Hollywood does it for them for free anyway.

Think about it...they must be getting so many FOIA requests for UFO information and it must be driving them mad!

And it may be possible, however unlikely, that they do in fact have nothing of substance in any file to share. And I bet the foia requested documents concerning UFO's and Aliens is very, very, very low on the list of documents requested anyway. Important to us, but not to the public at large presently I think.

Either they are going to start letting some information leak out, or they're going to pull back and tighten up the reigns and try to extinguish the media coverage and public interest just like they tried to do with Project Blue Book and the termination of it.

I'm torn on this one. I tend to think that the government (after dealing with them for years) are complete, incompetent fools. Fool enough that they couldn't keep anything secret anyway.

True story. I designed, sold and installed a finishing system for modern armored carriers in the United States. After the multi-million dollar system was up and running, the military came in to sign off on the process, and took issue with the curing cycle of the complete vehicle paint job, which was 160F. They said the vehicles, because of the wiring and BP glass, could not see cure cycle times higher than 100F. THEY WERE PAINTING THEM DESERT TAN FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. That is how STUPID the government is. I have, literally, dozens of firsthand stories like this. From organizations such as DARPA, NASA and every branch of the military.

I digress here a tad I think. My point is, I don't think the government is holding any reigns to tighten up in the first place. If they had the reigns ever held, it is now locked in a file somewhere, in an unmanned office, everybody is dead and retired, and there may be, really, no one of any consequence in the government that knows jack squat about it perhaps?

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Zepherian

Interesting theory..

However the sheer magnitude of any attempt to replace a religion as large as Christianity would be one heck of an undertaking.

Add to Christianity the next Big Three, and the majority of the world would need to be "Re-Educated" ...

Any actions such as this, would require years and years of massive preparation, just to get off the ground.

Thoughts?

Semper

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

I believe if they are going to start some form of disclosure, they will want it to be a controlled release on THEIR terms. I think a lot of things would need to be taken into consideration as to the best time to disclose such as the state of world economies, active wars, public interest in the subject, etc.

Or on the other hand, the majority of people "in the know" still don't want this information to be made public because they'd rather keep the status quo.

I personally think they're going to have to release the information soon in the best way possible because aliens are going to show up regardless in the near future.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
has anyone considered that ufos are actually just holographic images created just to fool us ?

We all know that things that are invented have been invented for years before we even hear about them .....(Roswell was more than likely when the first holographs were created by man ) ................As far as ancient pictures of ufos
Well history repeats itself ..maybe the ancients have done this before (Like back in the times of the supposed mangods (Pharoh) .......what do you suppose made all those people willingly give themselves over as slaves to mere men ?prob some sort of threat of a supposed godmen (alien) invasion of sorts ..( through trickery) ........ ...

[edit on 24-8-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

it seems they have slowed down on disclosure...

they may try to paint our good brothers & sisters who are ready to come in as the bad guys...

we shall see

the government/NWO/TPTW strategy is to try and keep us in 3d with fear,poisons,media,etc....not going to work...they should join the light for the win imo.

why drag it out?

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

I agree completely, and for most of my adult life I would have thought it impossible.

Then I realised this is what elites do for a living, then I realised that their very existence as a social uberclass depends on their control of populations, by any and all means possible. Then I realised that as the common man does all the actual work these people, ceo's, old money elites, religious leaders, bankers, etc, have a lot of time on their hands. Then I realised they were all related and functioning in a family atmosphere. Then I realised this sort of thing was standard elite practice through all of history.

Then I started to believe that it was, at the very least, possible.

Btw, I don't take credit for this theory, a lot of independent thinkers are starting to come up with this idea more or less in synchronicity. The information age has allowed for the necessary correlations and quick dissemination of knowledge necessary for the broader population to get the bigger picture.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I do believe the flying saucers are real and I even believe the government knows about and has contact with space aliens. That said...

I also believe that the idea of "disclosure" is just a tease. Stories about UFOs are convenient for both the government and the media right now. The government wants people distracted whenever the real, immediate, tangible problems (people are broke, out of work, no healthcare, losing their homes, etc) get as bad as they are right now. Bread and circuses.

What a lot of people forget is, the people want bread and circuses too. In fact, the powers of the powers that be to distract with the Spectacle are derived from the fact that the people literally beg for the distraction. Lots of people would rather think about UFOs and alien abductions than about their mortgages or rumors that they're about to join the ranks of the downsized and the expendable.

There is almost always a surge of interest in UFOs, the occult, religion and other intellectual opiates when the real world gets too bleak. Popular entertainment, for all its power to manipulate people, is also terrific at giving people what they want when they want it.

People want UFO stories. The media wants to give them UFO stories. And in my opinion, the people who control the real information can use this as an opportunity to put out enough disinformation to continue clouding the issue for decades to come.

top topics

join