It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Measles is back, and it's because your kids aren't vaccinated

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Sorry, but I do not vaccinate my son. I would take Measles over Autism any day. My son was having spasms after his 2 month set of shots, that was it for me. Unless you have a child and have seen for yourself the effects these shots have on babies, then you really can't have an educated opinion. To me, all this is is another way for the Pharmaceutical industry to scare parents into vaccinating their children. 20 cases aren't that bad either when you take into account how many people are in the US. When I see a number over 20,000, then I'll worry.

P.S. My son is now 9 months old and has never had as much as a runny nose. The only time he got sick was the night of his shots. So, you tell me.. Are these things keeping kids healthy????

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I have three children, my oldest two had their shots with no real complications. (flu like symtoms for three or four days) Now my third child was an entirely different situation. She would get her shots & within 48 hours she would be in the ER in respiratory distress. I informed the proper people of her extreme reaction (with the doctors backing) and we were both met with "it was not a result of the vaccines." It got to the point that we had a home breathing machine ready to go & the ER on standby because we knew we'd end up there.

Now first off, WTH would I believe these people? It was obvious that my daughter was allergic to something in those shots yet no one would even include it in the figures on adverse reactions. Her medical docuements all list the "episodes" as respiratory distress, unknown cause. (I know the cause, they just won't admit it)

Now I got a notice from the school that my two younger children would require an additional shot before beginning school in September & I have already begun to use the religious exemption available in our state. (I was not aware of this option until recently)

So should I voluntarily take my daughter to get a shot that could potentially kill her? According to the goverment, yes, I should. According to myself and my husband, no way is she getting injected with that poison agian. I'm not going to loose my daughter because some goverment agency refuses to admit there is a problem.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
63 out of 131 is less then half , if thouse are the stats they are playing with then this vaccination is realy debunked and just a gateway to autism,.

lest flipp the coin and see which side youre on.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Horza
My wife had our first child 3 weeks ago ... little boy ... nice and healthy ...

Do we vaccinate??

That is the big question.

So I jumped online ... I have spent about 10 hours so far looking for arguments for and against.

Plenty of arguments for vaccination ... everywhere you look ...

The arguments against?? ... besides a few blogs and posts in forums which I would never use as a basis for a decision that will effect my child ... apart from these opinions, I could find NOTHING in the way of well presented, well backed up arguments against vaccination.

... And there must be some, surely!

Does any of you know a link to arguments against vaccination that are considered to be legitimate?

Well, you're never going to get anyone who spent 7-8 years "educating" himself to jeopardize his entire career because his peers get pissed of and label him as a hack to the world.
So I think you'll have a hard time finding anything "legit".

They are not trying to kill us... just keep us sick or going ill. The more the merrier. Like previously said, it's appalling how many doctors sell out by endorsing different types of medicine. Now if doctors aren't doing this for money but for the "sake of man" then what about the times where the product turned out to be dangerous for the people using it, or entirely useless.... you guys know what you're doing or saying right... you really really know what you're saying?

Theoretically... would any of you doctors frequenting this sight like to see the world entirely sickness free without the need for people to buy any form of products to stay that way?

Fortunately I haven't had a doctor yet that suggested me that I should get some kind of prescription to anything other than relaxation or drink some water or drink some tea or what ever, you know what I mean. Now that's a doctor I can trust...

Let me give you an example from my own life to top it off.
Some years ago I got struck with a depression. Big deal, a lot of people get that at some point. At first my doc wouldn't give me anything and it wasn't till I had spent some time at the psychologist (not psychiatrist.... yuk!) that I was given Cipramil.
Well, the sessions helped out of-course and apparently the medicine too. Or so I thought.
A half year or so ago it came out that Cipramil is a crap product... it doesn't work, in fact it could make matters worse for bad case depressions because the patient would continue the downward spiral.

Now how is that supposed to make me feel as a "client" of the pharmaceutical industry and the world of doctors? To be honest, I lose faith and I start losing respect for 7-8 years of "study". Why? Because a case like this show that you know as little as us or in fact are buyable in one way or another by those companies. It doesn't matter if it's words or money that gets to you, you are doing harm to people.

And don't even go "Well, you were just unlucky with the choice of therapist...". This wasn't a one-case scenario!

Another thing that is always played down is the problem that medicine is so confident in itself that it overlooks the possibility that all the cures and vaccines that you create for our "benefit" is causing an evolution in the very bacteria that you claim to be combating.

Last but not least, I find it funny how old civilizations managed to maintain themselves through natures medicine but this is looked ill upon today. It's possible to maintain a healthy body simply by treating it right in the sense of not filling it with waste food like deep fried stuff, sugar or by not getting enough of something.
We see cases where medicine assumes control and treatment of a person who was trying to find another more natural way of dealing with their illness and the people who try to support the person in need gets dragged into court. Another fine example of how medicine wants to control us.... it doesn't want to see people getting cure or improve their situation through things that could be grown in your own backyard or in the neighboring country. How would they earn they overpaid salaries?

Like I said previously... I've never been vaccinated, never will be! And I've never spent 1 day in a hospital *knock on wood*
Fortunately I live in a country where I don't have to worry about healthcare... it's free no matter what happens. But I feel for the poor people elsewhere in the world who end up almost losing their home because of outrageous hospital prices that rule in a outrageous system.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
this is laughable, seriously

63 of 131 kids were not vaccinated

that means that 68 kids WERE VACCINATED!

Wake up! this thread has been bias towards the 63 non vaccinated kids, blaming them for everything

when in REALITY, 68 kids HAD THE VACCINATION!

why should i get a vaccination if 60% of the cases presented were of VACCINATED kids?

Hmmmmm....something to think about possibly?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Then why force parents to use the triple vaccine?
It's this that is the bone of contention - not vaccination in general.
Go back to offering a separate measles jab instead of the continual pandering to drug companies' wishes instead.

Problem solved.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Most people have no concept of herd immunity and/or what happens as a population reaches a point where 20-25% of the people don't have vaccinations.

We've lived for sometime where serious diseases have been controlled by childhood immunizations. People no longer have a concept of how serious those diseases are.

It is only a matter of time before we have an outbreak of one of those diseases. I will be curious how those parents feel when their children have to confront a serious illness.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I didn't read the whole thread, but if over half the kids who got measles were vaccinated, that doesn't speak well for the vaccine. How is vaccination the answer when it doesn't work half the time? More importantly, how can we blame the parents who didn't get their kids' vaccines, when some who did, got sick?

And how many kids who didn't get vaccinated AREN'T autistic as a result?? That, we'll never know, thankfully.

I'm not taking either side of this issue because I don't know what I believe about it, but it's important to look at it objectively.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Well if your kids are vaccinated then who cares Grady? Right?
After all vaccinations are to keep you safe from the measles. - or no?

Peace

dAlen

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
You guys might think very differently on this issue if you had been through an epidemic where thousands of people died.

My grandpa, who died at age 102 was interviewed on his hundredth birthday. He didn't talk about WWI or WWII or the depression. He spoke about the flu epidemic of 1912 where all but a few of his playmates died, and the hearses went down the street in caravans. This was in a sleepy mid-west town, and it obviously made a huge lifetime impression on him.

We haven't had anything like this in a long time and people have forgotten how devastating something like this can be.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Here's a thought: instead of mandatory vaccinations for every child born, how about only vaccinating "high risk" areas? If there's an outbreak of some previously controlled disease, offer vaccines to those in the area.

Those who have been in the military know a little about the dangers of multiple vaccinations. I've seen them given and there's a line of soldiers surrounded by mats on the floor for them to fall on when they get injected with multiple vaccines. There's usually someone or a couple of someones to help ease them to the floor when they pass out from system overload. Yet, infants are supposed to be able to handle the onslaught of multiple doses of foreign substances?

Yes, vaccines CAN confer immunity but don't always. Why take the risk of injecting substances into our bodies if there's no need? If a need arises, offer the vaccines. Forcing human beings to inject foreign substances into their bodies, under protest, for questionable benefits and real potential harm is, to me, the ultimate sign that we are nothing more than cattle to TPTB. Expendable cattle, at that.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Someone stated on one of these forums that Doctors don't give their own kids the vaccines.

Is there any facts to back this up?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
They should just take the harmful chemicals like Mercury out of the vaccines. The real issue is why does the government want to poison us?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I have a friend who have two sons. Both sons developed autism shortly after being vaccinated.
One has a severe case is now about 10 years old but cannot not communicate except on the most rudimentary levels.

The other son is 11 and has a less severe form of Autism but has some very serious difficulties.
The 10 year old is adopted so it can’t be chalked up to an inherited trait, or disorder.
The case for or against vaccines is not closed. Therefore, the decision should be left up to the ones will be responsible for these kids and will have to deal with them for the rest of their lives. The Parents!

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
reply to post by mzrti

You're not an epidemiologist and you certainly don't know enough people to take note of a national trend, especially in the early stages of a resurgence of a disease that was considered eradicated in the US as early as 2000.

The same I'm sure can be said about yourself.
If people don't want thier children to be immunized to things it's there own god given right.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
this is laughable, seriously

63 of 131 kids were not vaccinated

that means that 68 kids WERE VACCINATED!

Wake up! this thread has been bias towards the 63 non vaccinated kids, blaming them for everything

If you dig a little deeper, you will find that 63 people (age 0-71) have been confirmed unvaccinated. Those 63 come from the Jan-Apr data. Add in 1 child from Jan-Apr who was vaccinated, you get the 64 from that report.

The other 67 measles cases occurred between April and July, and the CDC has not yet released information that I could find about their vaccination status one way or the other. Probably the data just hasn't been compiled yet.

People, please, read what you're refuting! To say "at least 63 out of 131 were unvaccinated" does not mean the same thing as "68 were vaccinated".

Edit to respond to those worried about mercury: They changed the shots years ago when the concerns about thimerosal in vaccines and autism got enough publicity. Yes, they were too slow, but it was done (I think it was 2001). Now, if you just plain don't believe what "they" say is in the MMR, fine. But if your only concern was the mercury, they are not using it any longer.

[edit on 25-8-2008 by americandingbat]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zepherian
Here's a cogent argument against *some* vaccinations: People are dieing and being damaged by them. Here's another one: there are alternative ways of killing diseases actively, rather than blanket protection.

And here's yet another one: the authorities you seem to believe 100% in, have a track record of both being wrong and blatently lieing about a number of health related issues.

If there was a more honest, non elitist agenda driven, health system in place in the western world I could live with vaccinations, but when questioned and investigated it becomes clear there is huge health issues around vaccinations and your scaremongering won't be able to conceal them.

This is a perfect example of why people on ATS (and like them) are never taken seriously.

Zero facts to back up a claim.. no substance only finger pointing, unsubstantiated claims and unfounded general "boogeyman" accusations.
Typical.

I for one, believe you are an unfit parent if you do not do your own research and figure out what side is actually "lying". All it takes is a bit of objective thinking to see what side omits facts to make their case, which side conveniently overlooks basic data and logic.

I will make no judgment either way here, do your own research but I'll tell you this.. Zepherian does his side of the argument no justice.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Hands up anyone who knows someone who died of measels? I had measels as a kid. I laid around on the sofa being spotty and miserable, but at no point was i close to death. I can only imagine anyone dying of measels must live in a third world country.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Looks like a scare tactic to me.

Millions of people in this country, and here are ~200 people total that have the disease?

Might want to work on a vaccination for getting injured falling off the toilet, since more people this year died or were seriously injured from that.

I also have to agree with some of the other statement. how many million illegal immigrants this year who would be of suspect medical backgrounds?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a couple comments here. First off, forget the idea that we just need to remove mercury. There are tons of extremely toxic adjuvents in vaccines, from mercury to formaldehyde, to benzene (antifreeze), so it not just the mercury. And secondly, to the people saying "oh, a small minority get hurt by vaccines while we have eradicated terrible diseases" the official figure of 1/150 kids being autistic is by no means a small minority. If you had a 1/150 chance of winning lotto, everyone would be playing every week. and those are the official stats....ive heard other predictions as dire as 1/64. This, as i said does not include figures for ADD/ADHD, allergies, and auto immune disorders which also may be linked to vaccines. Dont assume that science has disproved this, this so far has only been disproved by MARKETING, and that means nothing. Scientists and doctors working for the Pharma co's have said there is no evidence. To those weighing where the truth may lie, follow the dollars. No one stands to gain financially if vaccines are not safe and effective, but a large industry stands to gain billions by stating they are, so if you are following the dollars, they all go to the pharma industry, who therefore have billions of reasons to prevericate. The other side however (the anti vaccine side) has absolutely no reason to lie. That weighs in my book

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join