It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Measles is back, and it's because your kids aren't vaccinated

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Its back because people from out of the country are bringing it into the states.

Its being transplanted from other countries to the US.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
So the child gets the measles and you take care of it. Just like when my child gets the flu or some other such virus. I dont CARE, i take care of it. I dont wail and cry and gnash my teeth "Oh, if ONLY i had gotten the flu vaccine for him!!!" I give him love, soup, vitamins, and care. Not toxic pharmacologicals.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by xman_in_blackx

Very nice thank you.

This is an excellent site with lots of very legitimate arguments and ideas.

I recomend everyone who is interested in this debate ... especially the OP ... read through this site.

safeminds.org...

As far as evidence that vaccines are dangerous ...

www.webmd.com...

It seems that inthis thread no one has mentioned this case ... it seems that it has been proven and admitted that vaccines or the preservatives in vaccines can cause autism.

By now, many parents in America have heard of the Hannah Poling court case. They know the government has acknowledged that vaccines contributed to autism in at least one little girl from Georgia. Understandably, they are worried, and they want answers.

But instead of frank talk from leading health officials, their concerns are being met with stonewalling, denial and misinformation.

By refusing to address what really happened to Hannah — by commanding parents to settle down and adhere to the nation's rigid immunization regime — officials will only drive people away from vaccines in anxiety-ridden droves.

But what if we could test children for underlying conditions that might increase their risk of vaccine injury and autism? And what if we allowed those at risk to slightly delay and spread out their shots?

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I have not made up my mind yet on this whole issue of are vaccines safe or not. But I've been following the debate for several years. I try not to focus on the autism related portion as much as I think that is too narrow. I tend to look at the overall alleged severe effects that are reported from vaccines, whether it be autism, paralysis, death (SIDS), whatever, etc. I make an honest effort to gather as much information as I can from both sides and in conjunction with my own research, begin shaping my views. And here I am today, still unsure.

Because both sides spin everything to meet their agenda, I recently began to look beyond the health side and and into the dollars side. After all, money is everything. I began to look at the revenue generation that vaccines are to doctors and to the pharm companies. Interesting when you think about the number of vaccines for kids, flu for adults, etc -- the sheer quantity of vaccines and injections that are taking place on a daily basis. www.cdc.gov... (from 2002-2003)

So, revenue is considerable, how about the risk? With most anything, especially health related procedures and products, there is substantial liability concerns. My cousin is an family practice doctor and pays over $23k in malpractice insurance even though he's never had a single claim in over 12 years of practicing. So what is the liabilty/risk to the pharm companies?

Looks to be surprisingly low considering.

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.hrsa.gov...

I understand vaccines are not 100% safe, nor 100% effective. I also understand vaccines are not 100% evil and do not result in side effects 100% of the time. But, I have to ask, why was this Act, Fund, etc setup?

Then I found these.

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

One passed, the other idling. Again, why are these necessary?

So there's a process that taxes each vaccine and to contribute to a fund for "no wrong doing" settlements, and another act that limits liability for the manufacturers/Pharm companies. If there's nothing to be afraid of, why all the posturing and lowering (eliminating) liability?

I think that should be a stat... pharm liability eradicated from the face of the earth in 2005.
Needless to say, the existence of these legal shields have caused me to believe there is something the pharm companies are concerned with.

I'm looking forward to more discussion from this group.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Originally posted by Fromabove
The year they got the flu vaccine wrong and had to destroy the whole lot... a funny thing happened. Very few people got the flu....

The best method for protection is to not touch the infected person.

Have you any epidemiological data to support that claim?

Many dangerous diseases are communicable, which means that you don't have to touch anyone to to contract a pathogen. They are airborne.

Disease is often spread by cross-contamination.

In the case of childhood diseases, it is difficult, if not impossible, to isolate children from contagious disease because of the very nature of children, especially considering how many children spend some forty or more hours a day in child care centers.

So far, no one has present one single cogent argument against vaccinations.

So really, there are a number of problems now as there were when the major mortalizing strains were going around. Back then, People lived unsanitarily, ate food entirely unpreserved, seldom bathed or cleaned their hands, and there was no such thing as a sewage system. Begging for contamination, disease. Yes, a lot of diseases were ariborne.
Now, people are spread out. They keep generally larger and more separated living spaces and largely keep much improved hygiene. But, there are still mass eating places, where people crowd themselves in, breathing all over the place. People drop their kids off in daycares because they don't want to take care of them, and there are many, many more people (nearly) everywhere, now. In the past, disease spread quickly throughout generally small, close-knit communities. Now, people live much more uninvolved with eachother. Neighbors in the same housing plans or apartment buildings don't even have the time of day to spare on waving or saying hello to eachother. they are just that separated, it seems at least to me. But there are still mass-things, all the more. More people more bodies, more germ hosts, more little kids dragging home germs, as well as everyone else.
That being said, there is also the problem that people didn't preserve their food long ago, but now the preservatives used are just toxic all together. People do not eat well. They can barely stand up to the common cold, let alone a major new crazy disease. Autism is not only linked to vaccinations, but some believe it to also be caused largely in part by malnutrition.
This being said, in my research on vaccines, i found that they really don't always DO the job. Apparently, the polio vaccine went out after the virus was largely done, and then some people given the vaccine actualy contracted the disease from it.
-my 8 cents-

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I took care of a little boy for a year that was permanently damaged from vaccines. The first one he got at the family doctor's office and 12 hours later he had his first seizure. The mother, understandably, asked if the vaccine could have been responsible. "of course not" was the answer. She did a little research (not near enough) and when it came time to get the baby's second round of toxins she insisted that the pertussis part be left out. They gave the full dpt anyway and the baby had a seizure in the parking lot as they were leaving. She again asked if the pertussis part had been left out and if the vaccine could be responsible. By this time, the timing was looking a little suspicious. When it came time for the third shot the baby had a seizure before they could get out to the parking lot.

This child (if he's still alive) had 165 grand mal seizures a week when I was taking care of him. His mother had coded (performed CPR) on him 3 times before the age of 9 due to the severity of his seizures. When she tried to get the medical records from the family doctor she was told they were all lost in a fire. Convenient, eh? This child has run up over 1 million dollars in hospital costs in 9 years. He has the mental capacity of a 3 year old and the strength of a grown man. 165 grand mal seizures a week is a lot of isometric exercise. He has no impulse control and is a danger to himself and others. For what? For a "what if" situation? What if measles, mumps, rubella, diptheria, pertussis, tetanus comes his way?

Try reading an informative book entitled "A Shot In The Dark".

There's plenty of evidence that a strong immune system can fend off just about everything, that vaccinations don't always confer immunity, that most viruses have cycles in which they die out whether we do anything about them or not.

My father had polio as a child and it left him affected. He was 6'4 and could bend his knees back almost as far as you can bend yours forward. Came in handy when we took family pictures since he could "duck in" and not have his top half cut off in the pictures. (Actually I don't believe that was a result of the polio but he swears it was). Polio was a big deal in his day but even he didn't want to get his kids vaccinated against it. Not everything is cured with intervention. Some things need a good dose of letting it alone.

I don't doubt that vaccinations have helped cut down on the number of god-awful diseases but I think that in another generation or less we'll see a rise in resistance to the vaccines just as we've seen a resistance to antibiotics. Also, the "cure" has been more harmful than the diseases it purports to save us from.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
gee i guess we will have to use the imune system that we were born with this is horrible that means in a few generations we will still be strong and the company making the vaccines with the poison mercury in them wont make money my heart bleeds,mate you can take your vaccines if you want the rest of us know better,ask your self this why wont doctors vaccinate there own children you shmuck

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
God! I've been waiting for this to happen.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat

Originally posted by realshanti
Those who are vaccinated have a good shot at not getting the disease but they are not 100% immune...

Otherwise why would it be such a big deal that a few un-vaccinated people got the measles - if vaccinations meant 100% immunization no one would give a rats a$$ about the 63 kids that contracted the disease because they were not vaccinated...

Well, their families might.

And then there's the children between the age of 6 months (around when they lose the immunity they got from their mother) and one year (when they are eligible for vaccination).

Edit to say my point more straightforwardly:
If an 8-month old is taken to the emergency room for some unrelated issue, and is exposed there to measles from the kid in the next chair who was eligible for vaccination but unvaccinated, that 8-month old and their family will probably care.

[edit on 24-8-2008 by americandingbat]

My point was that vaccinations do not guarantee immunity ... but since you want to take the argument to the next level:

As to your point about caring and who does the caring - should we then force everyone to take vacines who efficacy may be good percentage wise but whose safety is unstudied because someone somewhere might be exposed????? And where does your enforcement stop?? Or should I say continue....perhaps forced sterilization....oh wait - that's already happened...hmmm.... where to next mein herr? Medicine uber allis...?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by wolfmanjack

Its back because people from out of the country are bringing it into the states.

Its being transplanted from other countries to the US.

It's back because irresponsible parents read to much paranoid nonsense. It's back because two generations have never experienced what these vaccinations did away with and they foolishly don't understand what they are dealing with. 200 cases this year means a thousand next year and ten thousand the year after. If pregnant women are exposed you will start to see spontaneous abortions and baby's born with incurable diseases and if Polio makes a comeback we are in deep (oops, I'm a bit drunk and I tend to get brutally honest).

Parents need to stop talking to irresponsible nuts on the Internet and get their advice from a trusted person with an MD behind their names.

Yes science makes mistakes and some things can be harmful to a tiny number of people. If something saves thousands of lives how can anyone compare it to a half dozen who die to save those lives. Common sense has to come into play somewhere in this.

Is not vaccinating children child abuse? Damn right it is.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

"Not vaccinating children is child abuse"....what a crock...
brought to you by a relatively small in number (5% of the world) neurotic pampered fear infected population of consumers of 24% of the world's resources....I'm gagging on the hypocrisy of such gallant concern for the rights of others...perhaps we'll see some lawsuits from your camp against people who misguidedly believe they still have a right to question authority and ask for accountability on the part of pharmaceutical companies and government officials who obfuscate and lie for $$$$...

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Not vaccinating children is abuse ? Id call it it love !

www.medicalnewstoday.com...

" Starting in 2001, thimerosal was removed from almost every childhood inoculation (some flu shots still contain it)"

"there's strong evidence" that autism is connected to "a preservative in vaccines." That, and this month's ruling in the Poling case—which was one of thousands yet to be decided by a federal "vaccine court"—have given new fodder to the debate. In a CNN "quick vote" conducted after the news broke, 58 percent of respondents said they believe there's a connection between childhood vaccines and autism.

During Bush's reelection campaign in 2004 he stated:

"I support the removal of Thimerosal from vaccines on the childhood national vaccine schedule. During a second term as President, I will continue to support increased funding to support a wide variety of research initiatives aimed at seeking definitive causes and/or triggers of autism. It is important to note that while there are many possible theories about causes or triggers of autism, no one material has been definitely included or excluded."
Despite this he now plans to veto a bill that would remove Thimerosal because of "costs". What costs would these be? Do the costs of big pharmaceutical companies and fat government kickbacks outweigh the costs of the healthy brains of every child in America? Seemingly so.

Furthermore, though Bush stated that the evidence for links between mercury laden vaccines and autism are not concrete, there are scores of studies and testimony from credible figures asserting the exact opposite.

Starting in the early nineties, government regulators dramatically increased the amount of Thimerosal exposure to babies by adding two new vaccines to the roster of mandatory immunizations children must have before enrolling in school. The combination of the Hepatitis B vaccine and the HiB vaccine more than doubled the amount of mercury children.

Mercury expert Dr. Boyd Haley of the University of Kentucky has testified before Congress and the Pentagon as well as the FDA as one of the nation's leading experts on Thimerosal and mercury poisoning, revealing that his research leads him to believe that some children are genetically predisposed to storing mercury in their brains, leading to neurological disorders, including autism.

thats enough for me to not vaccine my children, im not taking chances...even if all these people are wrong, im not taking any chance.

regards

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I always hesitate to post on the vaccine threads because it brings out the worst in me.

I vaccinated my first child when she was 2 months old. I was a very young mother, and thought I was doing the right thing. She started screaming a high pitched scream, 2 hours after the DPT. Her fever was so high, she had a seizure. She was admitted to the hospital, and her fever was brought down. A few hours later when it seemed that the nightmare was over, she stopped breathing. She began breathing again after agressive resusitation. After this was over, the pediatrician encouraged me to go ahead with the rest of her vaccines. I thought the man insane and never took her back for more. My second child is not vaxed, at all. She will not be getting one unless it is absolutely necessary.

My first child has had a long list of childhood illnesses. Always had to put her on antibiotics because her body could not fight off even the simplest of viruses and colds, they would always turn into big infections.

My completely unvaxed child, sick once or twice a year with a piddly cold. Has been on antibiotics once in her life as a baby after she was born, only because now they administer them like it's second nature, a just in case.

I had to literally fight with two nurses over why I was refusing the Hep B vaccine. It was unreal.

My entire family witnessed my 3 year old nephew who could read books, paint pictures, and play piano, become a child that could not do anything of these things plus more after receiving the MMR vaccine. This little boy who excelled in vocabulary began having slurred speech. That was the first indicator that something had gone wrong. Within days he became more and more withdrawn. They have been down a hellish road thanks to vaccine injury. He is now 12 years old, and still not fully recovered. He still has slurred speech. Struggles to read. Has a laundry list of other problems.

I would like a full disclosure of the people who are actually getting measles, and would like to speak with the parent/guardian. Otherwise I refuse to believe any of these scare stories. It wasn't so long ago, they were trying to scare the hell out of everyone up here into getting their flu shot. The flu came and.. oh, sorry, wrong vaccine was administered!

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
My son has an egg allergy . When you are offered the MMR or the flu jag you are asked ( or should be) if there is any family history of egg allergies . Why do they ask this ?
Despite my sons allergy the hospital consultant STILL wanted me to allow him to have his MMR

Before I made the decision not to have him vaccinated ,I talked everything over with the Health Visitor . She told me she was allowed to answer any question I had but was NOT allowed to volunteer any information !
When I told her my decision she said I was absolutely making the right choice but if I was to tell anyone she said this then she would have to deny it .
This all happened long before I heard of a link between Autism and the MMR vaccine .

My decision was based on the fact that even if I chose to have him vaccinated there was still no guarantee that he wouldn`t get the diseases .

They were not able to tell me what would happen to the inside of his body when they injected him with something he so obviously had a bad reaction to.

18 months later , my nephew was due his MMR , his mother was asked the same question about the family history of egg allergies . She chose to say there were none and allowed him to be vaccinated . . . . . . . my nephew is autistic .

I don`t have a crytsal ball so I don`t know whether things would have been different had my son been vaccinated or my nephew hadn`t .
What I do know however is that we all have a choice , we have decisions to make concerning the welfare of our kids .
Those choices should NOT be made by doctors who see our kids as statistics
We should be given all the information to allow us to use our own judgement

To this day I have never seen it mentioned anywhere that if you think your child has an allergy to eggs then talk to someone before they are vaccinated . In my opinion , asking people the day they walk into the surgery is not acceptable

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Thimerosal may be the next DDT/asbestos ...

Which of course we will have to wait and see how these court cases go and what the official response will be.

But the way that it is being handled is exactly the same as DDT/asbestos.

"Is it harmful"

"No of course not"

"But some people are getting sick from being around it"

"There is no scientific evidence to show any connection to the sickness"

"Here is the evidence"

"Well the scientists that we paid to testify say that your evidence is wrong and we will keep paying them to say that until it's so obvious that it is harmful that even money can't hide the fact and then we will change it but we then we will fight every compensation claim, even though it's clear that we are at fault"

Asbestos sufferers have condemned James Hardie for delaying payouts to victims while it fights with the tax office to ensure payouts are tax deductible.

FORD Australia has lodged an appeal against a landmark decision to award a former mechanic $840,000 compensation for exposure to asbestos when he worked at Ford car dealerships.

This is all about money.

Check this out:

For Profit

Paul “For Profit” Offit, is the leading vaccine promoter in the US. Dr. Paul Offit is also one of the patent holders of the rotavirus vaccine (Patent Application number 353547), and the recipient of a $350,000 grant from Merck for its development. Additionally, he is a consultant to Merck Pharmaceuticals.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Did any one mention allready that vaccinations make you the carrier oif the virus and thereby you can infect other people with it.

Vaccinated people can easely be the cause of the outbreak, as happened before.

So reality can be quite the opposide of the OP title.

Go and have a look for your self before you pump your kids blood full of toxins and strange animal ingredients.

If not convinced maybe look at how some of these "ingedients are "grown".

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I say that anyone who wants the vaccine can have it. I will NEVER take another one. Every time I took one, I got sick. What the f*. I say, that if everyone else in the world get's every vaccine there is, I should be good. B-)
I don't have any kids so I can't comment on that. However I have two dogs. The older one has a serious reaction every time she gets a vaccine. She is old and I don't think she would survive another one. The young one had to get a vaccine last week as a pre-requisite for getting "fixed". We had too have it this time. That was her last one as well. Hell, if there is a rabbid racoon three counties away, it makes the news. I say the problem is exaggerated. My dogs stay in my yard. Likewise, people DIE from reactions to vaccines every year. Not to mention the long term effects. How many people die from the injection vs. the couple thousand who die from not getting the shot? Oh but don't forget to factor in the effect on the economy stimulation, pockets lined. What is the real driver. It always comes back to the dollars.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

I understand where you are coming from here my friend. I posted a 'breaking news' article last Friday before I left for the weekend about how roughly 30% of an Oregon town has refused vaccines for their kids. It's a concern because all I have been taught about vaccines says that they prevent the diseases.

Then I come to find out that mercury is being placed in these vaccines. What the hell is that for? Then I see a newscast where the 'agents' are obviously force fed the data to try and convince US that mercury is actually good for you. BS! I call it outright. BS!

If they remove the mercury from the vaccines and give total and complete transparancy to what is IN the vaccines in PLAIN ENGLISH, I will then begin to 'TRUST' them again. Right now they have lost that trust with the lies and deceptions.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I know it would depreciate the profit of the major drug corporations by forcing them to keep certain vaccines constantly "in-stock" because of having to throw away vaccines that have expired, BUT this whole argument of getting vaccinated vs. keeping your children safe from autism can be resolved rather easily.

This can be done by eliminating the stabilizing agent, mercury, from the vaccine. This agent is usually combined with the vaccine to increase it's shelf life.

Or you could just admit that a corporation's profits are an acceptable reason for your child to have a possibility of having a life debilitating disease.

shelf-life vs. profit

autism vs. disease

Isn't life full of hard choices?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Immunization is a concept or theory where the introduction(by vaccine) of a mostly dead virus strain will help the body's immune system develop a defense against future exposure to the same viral strain.

Why this is a theory and not a fact?

- No virus strain is the same as another, any virus can mutate or adapt to survive in a toxic(your body's immune system) environment

- We cannot predict which strain of virus our bodies will be exposed to in the future. Vaccines are just a guess as to which viruses you may be exposed.
(feeling lucky?)

- Your body will adapt itself to defend against all exogenic (non native) toxins, bacteria and viruses. That is how we exist biologically

- There is no empirical evidence that vaccinations are "more" helpful than just living a healthy life style to optimize your immune system

The method of making everybody a little sick to make them more healthy seems to be a twisted way for civilized man to claim some control over nature

Living in balance with nature including viruses & bacteria has worked for millions of years right here on Earth.

Everybody will eventually succumb to a failed immune system through asphyxiation(lack of oxygen) due to renal failure or trauma.

I would recommend reading the work of Dr Len Horowitz and Dr Mercola for more research on this topic

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join