It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Measles is back, and it's because your kids aren't vaccinated

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
How convenient is it that its suddenly come back with so many concerned about the horrible poisons they're deliberately putting in the vaccines, and refusing them. Suddenly its come back? Well, I must say, I believe this is a deliberate act to try enforce childrens health being dimished via vaccinations. In other words, THEY did it!

Vaccinations = a reduction or elimination of a disease.
Parent failing to vaccinate based on information from bad sources = a rise in illnesses that are preventable and the numbers will continue to grow if it does not stop.

Not exactly rocket science.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

edit to add: it seems to me that the issue of antibiotics and antibiotic-resistant bacteria is off topic for this thread, no?

And it's not going to matter anyhow. By the time antibiotics become ineffective to treat bacteria, we will have the technology to augment our immune system with micromachines that can identify and destroy pathogens. Our approach to medicine has been like trying to drive a nail with whatever blunt objects you can find nearby. It's trial and error, and the side effects are often worse than the cure. However, we're starting to enter an age of designer medicine, gene therapy, and nanomachines which are tailor made to single out and destroy specific pathogens. It's like putting down the tree branch and using a hammer to drive the nail.

The irony, of course, is that "common sense" will tell these people that it's just a way for "THEM" to track and kill us all because they couldn't kill us with their insidiuous medicine.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797

The dreaded bird flu...about 50%. Sure, its bad, but its not 100%. Sometimes these things are necessary to balance nature out.

You truly are the Grim Reaper

Find a cemetery that dates back to prior to 1918. Visit the part where the huge numbers of childrens graves dated 1918 or there about. If you are not moved you have no heart. The first time I saw all the little angel and the lamb headstones, I was moved to tears. To be able to prevent that and not do it is evil in my thesaurus.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Vaccinations = a reduction or elimination of a disease.
Parent failing to vaccinate based on information from bad sources = a rise in illnesses that are preventable and the numbers will continue to grow if it does not stop.

Not exactly rocket science.

You should have seen the thread where a bunch of people got together and denounced NASA for hoaxing all space missions because they couldn't figure out how rockets work in space if there is no atmosphere to push off of.

To hell with rocket science, quite a few members here can't even grasp third grade physics.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lasheic

The irony, of course, is that "common sense" will tell these people that it's just a way for "THEM" to track and kill us all because they couldn't kill us with their insidiuous medicine.

They, if you mean researchers and the medical community, are not trying to kill us.

Use a little critical thought here. Life expectancy goes up every decade. I see people in their 70's running by my home daily. When I was young you never saw that.

China's life expectancy rose dramatically when they embraced Western Medicine. Under your logic, explain that?

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Like I said, the avian bird flu would be, at worst, 75% mortality rate. Fact is, until we get off earth, we a stuck here living by natures rules. Unfortunately, what we are doing right now, is breaking natures rules. I'm all for staying alive as long as possible, but not when it screws our species chances of surviving in the long run. Pleanty of species go extinct, and I would prefer human beings not be one of them.

Personally, I feel the only people that should be vaccinated from diseases are the people too valuable in sciences and technology to let go out. People we can't afford to lose as a race. I have no real importance to our race as a whole, so why should I be selfish and do something that will negatively impact our chances of survival?

Thats how this all started. Me, Me, Me. I want to live, screw humanity. We are all going to die one day, so I think its pretty selfish that we screw humanity by destroying our environment overpopulating, and screw ourselves with vaccines which causes FURTHER overpopulating. For what? So you could live a little longer?

[edit on 24-8-2008 by grimreaper797]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Its not consistent of anything. Theres a lot of evidence that vaccinations are not the reason for diseases disappearing, raised social conditions, a middle class and cleanliness has more proof. I'm not researching it all again, I had to do this for years. My oldest son had an unheard of reaction to his shots, in the province of BC, that is the doctors definition of it, not mine. I was in a very bad situation where they kind of wanted him immunized, but were refusing to accept any possible outcomes as liability to them. So I read and researched a great deal. By kindergarden, he was caught up in the hospital emergency room, having taken anithistimines for days, with emergency shots available to save his life hopefully if complications happened. I was brainwashed still, somewhat at that point, but questioning things alot due to the research. My youngest was a normal little baby, playing sitting up games with me just prior to his first (and forever to be his last) shot. Then it stopped. He sat up around 11 months. He became bow-legged and had some anomalies, like high phosphate readings. He got really ill and screamed for over a day with the shot, much like my first who also got raised intarsia hives. I asked my doctor, who knew our family history, if the shots could cause this. She said, she didn't know. I said good, cause thats his last one. They are deliberately harming children! Whats in the shots: mercury, felmadahide, and countless toxins are done in an attempt to murder and harm and weaken as many of us as possible.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I don't believe in evil. I do believe in being selfish though. Face it, humanity didn't create these immunizations to "save the poor children", they did it to save themselves/make alot of money to better their own lives. That whole "have a heart" bit is BS. Having a heart is making sure people don't suffer.

Everyone dies, and if the idea that you have to stop death or you dont have a heart is true, than nobody in the human race has a heart. You can't stop death. Having a heart isn't prolonging life, but enriching it and making it worth while.

You only need one day to really live, but you can spend an entire lifetime never doing it.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lasheic
reply to post by Zepherian

There is tons of paid for scientific literature that just don't hold up in the court of common sense and popular experience.

I don't care what people "believe" about the subject, or what they think they know. I care about what is accurate, what can be tested, measured, verified, and confirmed to be accurate. The studies in the peer reviewed literature are done by professionals under strict controls and have not only withstood the scrutiny of their peers, but have been confirmed by other independent experiments and studies.

What you think is common sense can often be very wrong. Much of it is based on misconceptions, urban legends, and old folk knowledge has has since proven to be untrue.

I'd rather not trust my child's fate to the kangaroo court of common (non)sense and "popular experience" (when in truth, the vast -VAST- majority of vaccine recipients show absolutely no side-effects and those who do often cannot be conclusively linked to the vaccine)

Ok, let's take it from this angle: why would you trust the studies which are produced, as is now common knowledge, by a fraudulent, profit driven system? Why do you discard elitist agendas when more and more information is reaching group consciousness levels as to the evil these people are doing to the average man so as to keep their elevated social positions?

There is only subjectivity. Objectivity is the coalescense of a lot of subjective positions. And data is only as good as the collection mechanisms, the review process and the honesty of the people handling it.

Trust has been broken Lasheic, so any authoritarian type argument based on the strength of the system will fail, with me, and with many others, because the system has been proven to be, very often, fraudulent and vile.

There was a program on Coast to Coast radio recently on the topic of big pharma paying doctors to undersign studies that were actually done in house by the companies proposing the drugs. This is how bad the system is now, and this is why you cannot trust anything but your own judgement.

Like I have said on this thread already, if the system were honest and trustworthy I would not have a problem with vaccination. As things stand it's a huge issue.

And these are not urban legends, there is documented cases. There are won lawsuits. There are opposing positions with peers. There is more than enough to put the whole vaccination program of the western world under severe scrutiny.

[edit on 24-8-2008 by Zepherian]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
Its not consistent of anything. Theres a lot of evidence that vaccinations are not the reason for diseases disappearing, raised social conditions, a middle class and cleanliness has more proof.

As I said, the upswing in measles cases is not proof of anything. It is not proof that vaccinations are responsible for improving public health, and it is certainly not proof that they are responsible for harming public health.

It is consistent with the theory that vaccinations decrease the incidence of communicable diseases by allowing our own immune systems to produce antibodies to disease-causing microorganisms without the risks associated with enduring the full run of a disease.

I am truly sorry to read of your experiences.

Edit to add: since the issue has been raised that the statistics about measles cases in the US are provided by an organization that is (under)funded by the U.S. Government, I thought I'd provide this link for people who are interested. It's about the problem of measles in developing countries as seen by Medecins Sans Frontieres (Doctors Without Borders), an independent organization that is very critical of the current model of pharmaceutical research and development.
www.doctorswithoutborders.org...

[edit on 24-8-2008 by americandingbat]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
As a father of a child with autism, I have lived the last 6 years of my life dealing with this disease. My wife and I have done exhaustive research, especially when my daughter was diagnosed. It was our determination to keep my son(our second) as drug/vaccine free as possible. We delayed all vaccinations by 4 years. Additionally, we got medical waivers for him for when he started school.

Do I think that vaccines caused Autism. My honest opinion is that there is a genetic predisposition to it. While I don't think the vaccines cause it, I think people that have that genetic predisposition have a heightened chance. This is the reason we delayed it for so long with my son. I Am proud to say he is a healthy young boy, (a bit ADD) but any kid that loves playing can't be faulted.

My personal advice is be leary of what you put into your body, While others may be perfectly fine to something, you never know what your reaction will be. If its not necessary, if you don't see it in your local news, and see local reports, I wouldn't do it. These drugs/vaccines are designed to be feed to the masses, there is always blowback/reactions though, and you don't want to be the small % that has that reaction.

Just my 2 cents,

Camain

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

...The CDC had announced in 2000 that the disease was eliminated in the U.S. thanks to a vaccine that can completely control it.

But fears of autism have led some parents to forego this treatment and at least 63 of the sickened children were unvaccinated. ...

I have separated those two sentences so you can really, really think on them. Do you see how BOTH of those sentences CANNOT be true?

Now, why should we trust the same doctors who say vaccines are "good", when they obviously lied about the disease being "eliminated".

Not only that but "at least 63" were unvaccinated? According to MY math, that means that 83 WERE vaccinated. So, there were approximately 20% MORE victims who WERE vaccinated. Put that in your pipe and smoke it a while! (15+131=146 146-63=83)

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I would rather my children get the measles then being permanently damaged with autism... Why don't they stop using mercury in those vaccines? aren't there other virus suspenders out there that are safer? I seriously question the use of mercury in vaccines.. it makes no sense.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Lies only an American would believe; "Vaccines work, you can trust us - we're from the Government and here to help"

Vaccination is not IMMUNIZATION.

But don't listen to me, I'm a doctor.... I work for The Man....

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Its obvious from reading many of the statements here that many of you are completely uneducated in medical science. At any rate, unintentional insults aside, if vaccines are so effective, then those vaccined should not care if others get the vaccine or not because the vaccined will still be protected, no? Unfortunately, that is not the case. In this incidence, and in past incidences, the people who get the diseases are usually majority, people who ARE vaccinated. Some vaccines have a supposed 50% effectiveness, others have as low as 9%. Additionally, the vaccines dont make your body produce immunity in a natural fashion. They actually bypass the main self defense mechanisms (skin, digestion, mucous membranes) and inject the virus directly into muscle or tissue that its never meant to be in, and this in some studies has been shown to result in the disease never truly being removed from the body, and while perhaps giving some immunity to the disease, it also may have the effect of crippling the immune system with constant inflamation, which may be the cause of our massive rises in autoimmune disorders such as hypthyroidism and rheumatoid arthritis.
As to history showing that vaccines eradicate disease, that is quite debatable too. If you look at the advent of vaccines, and the decline of diseases (and there are NUMEROUS easy to find charts online) you will see that most major disease had began to decline dramatically a bit before the mainstream use of vaccines, and most of this as a earlier poster said, can be traced to great advances in hygiene alone.
There is evidence linking autism to vaccine use, just not in our medical propaganda due to the fact that most studies are performed by biased pharmeceutical industries who have an interest in finding their product safe and effective. Studies have proven that when testing is done by an interested party, it almost always shows the info they want, and of course we see later on that the truth is contrary to these "proven scientific" studies in cases like viox, thalidomide, tobacco, etc. Surveys have been done in vaccine free societies such as the amish, where autism is almost nonexistant, and similarly China only rarely had autism until we exported western medicine to them, and now their rates are climbing just as ours are. Also, if you examine timelines for growth in autism, and compare them with timelines of increases in vaccines (which now i think are 40something vaccines each person) you will see similar growth.
As to that goofball earlier stating that nurses should be responsible for checking expiration dates and making sure the vaccines are maintained correctly....Thats not what the nurse was talking about in taking responsibility for vaccines.... She meant she didnt want to be responsible for giving people a cocktail of poisons brewed by an industry with questionable practices and an obvious penchant for choosing profits over the safety of its clients.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
one last thing to point out..... medicines taken as prescribed kill almost 100000 each year, total medical error is responsible for the deaths of 300000 each year....Nsaids such as tylenol and aspirin kill 7000 EACH YEAR! so.... how many was it who got measles? under 200? how many died? sorry, until something kills as many people as ...at least aspirin, it shouldnt even be making headlines.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthTellist
Lies only an American would believe; "Vaccines work, you can trust us - we're from the Government and here to help"

Vaccination is not IMMUNIZATION.

But don't listen to me, I'm a doctor.... I work for The Man....

Finally - thank you....my brother was a doc as well and he was the one who told me that there are NO long term scientific studies of any group from the time vaccines are given to adult hood and beyond - NONE - ZERO - ZILCH - but its proven science? While I 'm glad it seems to work for many folks - to say there are no harmful side effects is absolute rubbish because there are no studies to back up that claim...a short term study on links to autism does not cut it -

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

The return of measles could be a bad sign considering the number of devastating diseases that are currently controlled by vaccinations that could make a resurgence if the number of unvaccinated children increases.

Prior to the advent of the measles vaccine, the disease killed or maimed thousands of children each year.

Grady,

I have agreed with your thoughts on many things in the past, but this one I cannot agree with.

I am all for vaccinating when vaccinations are safe and tested with plenty of quality control. I would also agree to vaccinations if the vaccinations were one at a time instead of the new regimen with multiple vaccines given in one visit. When asked if they can be spread out, we have been told ABSOLUTELY NOT.

This makes me wonder why we cannot spread them out. Why do doctors avoid spreading them out so that a child's body will not be overwhelmed? Because. Not quite the answer I was looking for.

Something sinister is going on with vaccinations now and no one will come clean about it. Thimerosal isn't dangerous, in fact, mercury is now good for you, some studies have stated. REALLY? When did mercury lose its toxicity? Just to be on the safe side, however, Thimerosal was removed from some of the children's vaccines.

Rather than change the regimen to make sense and get everyone onboard, parents are threatened with jail or loss of custody of their children. Why use logic when they can use force.

This is HOGWASH.

Why were vaccine manufacturers protected from lawsuits of parents whose children were damaged due to vaccination? If the vaccines were good and safe, why would they need immunity from prosecution?

I have a lot of questions where this is concerned. I will not stand by silently on this issue. Parents should know the facts before making their own decision. This is not a decision that the state or feds should make.

There was a child who was forced by a judge to be vaccinated here in Colorado. The father tried to protest and pleaded for the test results to make sure that it wasn't a false positive. He was ignored and his child was vaccinated by force. They later found out that it was indeed a false positive and he didn't need the HepB vaccine after all.

Sure there is fear mongering on both sides, but when you look into the issue, there are MANY questions that the CDC refuses to answer.

Why do children need to vaccinated by force? For the good of everyone? How about the good of the children being forced to take vaccinations in quantities that were unheard of when we were children.

Kids today get a lot more vaccines per visit.

Grady, this is not a black and white issue. there is a lot of gray and even more murky areas. Convince me that vaccines are safe and do not cause death or autism. I would LOVE to be wrong on this so that I can feel better about my choice to vaccinate now that one of my children has autism.

We had a child die in Colorado after getting the flumist vaccines. I doubt her parents think the benefits outweigh the risks.

[edit on 24-8-2008 by xman_in_blackx]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by pexx421As to that goofball earlier stating that nurses should be responsible for checking expiration dates and making sure the vaccines are maintained correctly....Thats not what the nurse was talking about in taking responsibility for vaccines.... She meant she didnt want to be responsible for giving people a cocktail of poisons brewed by an industry with questionable practices and an obvious penchant for choosing profits over the safety of its clients.

Erm, I assume I'm the goofball in question? (can you say ad hominem?

What I said was that I think it's a good idea to ask questions of your medical practitioner before allowing them to stick a needle in you or your child. Among these questions are, "Where does this come from? How has it been stored? Is it past its expiration date?"

What she had said was that when in training as a nurse she was taught not to accept the word of someone else who handed her an already-filled syringe. I merely pointed out that as I am not a trained medical professional, I would prefer to trust a nurse or doctor to make sure a syringe is properly prepared than do it myself.

If she doesn't want to take responsibility for what's in a syringe she prepared, I hope she is no longer practicing.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
The Three A's

The three have all skyrocketed to numbers that are unfathomable:

Autism: childhood autism is about 1 in 150
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Allergies:
The number of children with potentially fatal peanut allergies doubled between 1997 and 2002.

ADHD
According to the National Institute of Mental Health two to three percent of children have ADHD. This means that in a typical classroom at least one child is ADHD. The NIMH estimates that about 2 million children in the United States have ADHD.

There are so many more stats. Look into them.

Are the vaccines the culprit? Compare the amounts of vaccines from 15 years ago to now.

What independent studies have been done?

Seems we all know someone with at least one if not all three of these.

Something is causing this. (obviously)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join