It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Measles is back, and it's because your kids aren't vaccinated

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheHypnoToad
I am 26 years old, and I was vaccinated against the measles as a child.

I plan to vaccinate my children when I have them, however I am not giving them any vaccination that I didn't get, and I am going to read the ingredients list from the FDA to make sure there's no mercury used as a preservative. I also plan to space the vaccines out, rather than nailing them with a bunch of shots on one day.

Once you get your first newborn Baby, it will be the most wonderfull and most important being to you that you can't imagine right now.

I'm willing to bet you will not want to pump toxic chemicals into your child.
I was on the fence, after doing RESEARCH and talking to people and THANKS to MANY posters on this thread, I have made up my mind.
No vaccinations in my kid.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Q. If [insert disease] was "eradicated", why did it resurface?

vi·rus Audio Help [vahy-ruhs] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation –noun, plural -rus·es. 1. an ultramicroscopic (20 to 300 nm in diameter), metabolically inert, infectious agent that replicates only within the cells of living hosts, mainly bacteria, plants, and animals: composed of an RNA or DNA core, a protein coat, and, in more complex types, a surrounding envelope. 2. Informal. a viral disease. 3. a corrupting influence on morals or the intellect; poison. 4. a segment of self-replicating code planted illegally in a computer program, often to damage or shut down a system or network.

dictionary.reference.com...

Ignoring 2 , 3 and 4 because they are irrelavant, we take the first definition. Basicly a virus is something with a code that can replicate itself.

something not mentioned in our choice of definition of virus is the fact that viruses 'evolve', and basicly adapt to the environment through natural selection/mutations, generating a new strain.

en.wikipedia.org...

Take this scenario:
4 healthy individuals present in a single room, all were vaccinated agaist Ebola 'virus1' strain 'known1' (an airborn virus). Also this exact same virus is present in the same room. Assuming 100% resistance to the virus (in reality nothing is 100%) and strong immune systems, the Ebola virus1 strain known1 will not be able to penetrate the defences setup by the body of those 4 individuals. After the virus enters the body, it is recognized immediately by the antibodies and is eliminated before having the chance to spread.

Now assume the same situation with 1 person NOT vaccinated to Ebola virus1 strain known1. The virus enters the body and starts replicating, in the meantime changing its code, now the virus is Ebola virus1 strain unknown1, this new strain is caused by the constant mutation due to the rapid replication of the virus. Now the other 3 individuals are NOT immune to this new strain. The previous vaccination is now 100% useless. Thats how the same virus resurfaces.

by vaccinating half and not vaccinating the rest is completely useless. If 100% of the population is vaccinated agaist a specific strain in the environment, the virus will not have the chance to replicate and mutate, no new strains made. No strain no pain

if 100% of the population is immune to all availble strains of a certain virus, then the virus is eradicated. If a newborn gets the virus (immune system deficincies, no vaccinations available) the virus will evolve and now 100%- 1 individual is 100% vulnerable to the new strain.

Only one strain of Ebola is airborn
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
While I support immunization, taking the flu shot each year is something I dread, because I always get sick within a day or two of taking it and sometimes I even get flu-like symptoms during the year.

When they had the flu shot shortage a few years ago and the president urged those in my age range and below to forgo the shot and he did also, I didn't get one.

Well, that year I got a full-blown case of the flu and so, regardless of whether or not the shot makes me feel bad for a few days or even if I get a mild case of the flu, I don't want another full-blown case.

I don't think I was actually near death, but I was convinced that influenza can in fact kill.

[edit on 2008/8/27 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
I said to a friend when it was first being used, "you'll know it has another purpose when they make up an excuse to start giving it to boys".

Guess what. It happened.

I guess I missed that... Have a particularly good link?

Sorry for a one-liner...

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I am a practicing Chiropractor in the midwest, and I would like to apologize on behalf of my profession for the propagation of the vaccine/autism fear mongering. I have argued until I am blue in the face with my collegues about this topic and the vast majority villianize vaccinations. Many chiropractors show scary videos and hand out pamphlets about the "killer vaccines". It really disappoints me and makes me embarrassed to be lumped in with these quacks.

I vaccinated both of my children and you wouldn't believe the scornful comments I received from my peers. "what kind of parent are you", "you obviously don't love your children very much", "you are poisoning your children", "your are negligent as a parent". I could go on and on.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Oak
I am a practicing Chiropractor in the midwest, and I would like to apologize on behalf of my profession for the propagation of the vaccine/autism fear mongering. I have argued until I am blue in the face with my collegues about this topic and the vast majority villianize vaccinations. Many chiropractors show scary videos and hand out pamphlets about the "killer vaccines". It really disappoints me and makes me embarrassed to be lumped in with these quacks.

I vaccinated both of my children and you wouldn't believe the scornful comments I received from my peers. "what kind of parent are you", "you obviously don't love your children very much", "you are poisoning your children", "your are negligent as a parent". I could go on and on.

No apologies necessary, one of my family members is a Chiropractor and is highly against the vaccines, I thought that she was a quack too until I furthered my research into this matter. Maybe I will stop making Chiropractor/Doctor jokes from now on.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I am a practicing Chiropractor in the midwest, and I would like to apologize on behalf of my profession for the propagation of the vaccine/autism fear mongering. I have argued until I am blue in the face with my collegues about this topic and the vast majority villianize vaccinations. Many chiropractors show scary videos and hand out pamphlets about the "killer vaccines".

There's really no need to apologise for someone doing their best to help spread the word about the great vaccination scam as they see it.
I applaud your colleagues.
However, I apologise on their behalf for riding your back about your own decisions to vaccinate your kids, which as a parent is really your business.
Personally, I think you are making a mistake and as a health professional should know better when it comes to health decisions, but that's just my opinion

Hopefully, your kids won't suffer any serious effects they can directly link to the injections, or if they do, they can remember you were just doing your best and not add too much to the self recrimination you would no doubt heap upon yourself.

Yes, yes, I know that a vaccine supporter/promoter could say the exact same thing to me as a vaccine opposer.

Peace and love.
x

[edit on 27-8-2008 by RogerT]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Contrary to the assertion that "illegal immigrants" are causing the measles outbreaks, it is really international travelers and American citizens' behavior at the root.

Measles Updates January - July
During January 1--July 31, 2008, 131 measles cases were reported to CDC from 15 states and the District of Columbia (DC): Illinois (32 cases), New York (27), Washington (19), Arizona (14), California (14), Wisconsin (seven), Hawaii (five), Michigan (four), Arkansas (two), and DC, Georgia, Louisiana, Missouri, New Mexico, Pennsylvania, and Virginia (one each). Seven measles outbreaks (i.e., three or more cases linked in time or place) accounted for 106 (81%) of the cases. Fifteen of the patients (11%) were hospitalized, including four children aged

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I grew up believing what I was told about vaccines. When the first words of negative stuff came out, I thought they were loonies. But, as is my wont, I researched. And came away knowing that:

There is no evidence that any vaccine has done anything beneficial ever.

There is plenty of evidence of harm being done by vaccines.

There is plenty of evidence of an increase in the incidence of some diseases immediately after a large vaccination push for the specific disease.

The Pharmaceutical companies make money hand over fist from vaccines.

Pharmaceutical companies are making money hand over fist from treating illnesses caused by vaccines (whether the disease the vaccine was supposed to prevent, or chronic illnesses caused by creppola they put into the vaccines).

Pharmaceutical companies pay doctors to prescribe and/or administer their products, including vaccines, and therefore, all MD's have a conflict of interest on the subject of vaccines.

All diseases for which there was a vaccine developed were declining as better diets and cleanliness went up in society, and that further movement downward in the trend was claimed by the pharmaceutical companies as being a result of vaccination, when actually, there is no evidence this is so.

There is an agenda to eliminate the "useless eaters" on this planet - and what better way than to take them out slowly and leach them for all they're worth in the process.

That, knowing the facts, anyone who then chooses to vaccinate is...heh. "Fool" just is WAY too understated a term.

(Borrowed from something I wrote in a different thread...)

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Hi Folks ,I had the MMR when I was a Child ,yet I still caught the Measels once and German Measels whilst on holiday. One thing I would also like to add is that my Father swore that before I had the MMR I was a calm ,content, Intelegence seeking Child. Yet afterwards I became a roudy,restless,hyperactive Child ,Who suddenly became the least bit interested in learning or anything positive. I experienced a similar experience with my first born, she was a fast learning, supper attentive Child, since the Jab, We have wondered if she has ADHD or worse. Please consider these state sponsered jabs. And ask yourself ,Why are they going to the expence? Just like the Flouridation of drinking water in poorer area`s? Why would they? Is it the dumbing down of the lower class`s, You decide!

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

I'm sorry to hear of your husbands poor health. I too received the full course of Anthrax vaccinations (6 doses) which have left me completely disabled.

Thank you for raising awareness on this issue. It's frightening to see so many people put their lives in the hands of the government. I wasn't given a choice but as a parent you are given a choice. In the very least we should all be better educated on exactly what is being injected into their bodies.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

And so how do you conveniently explain outbreaks in 100% vaccinated populations?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Age 63 and had only oral polio vaccine and small pox vaccine got everything else and survived without problem. I believe we way over vaccinate in the USA. I have advised my children to not get vaccinations for my grandchildren with the exception of polio and would recommend small pox if available.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Well I can see you do believe what you post Anon Poster - however, even if it isn't a complete load of BS, then it still renders vaccines completely useless, as the chances of immunising every single human being on a planet of 6 billion must be close enough to zero to be impossible.

Of course, there's also the added complication of viruses migrating across species, so you're # out of luck.

Nice argument to prove yet again the complete waste of time and resources of any and all vaccination campaigns.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
and on the other side of that, how do they explain the supposed "eradication" of small pox in a world where there are many nations where no one got the vaccine.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by pexx421
and on the other side of that, how do they explain the supposed "eradication" of small pox in a world where there are many nations where no one got the vaccine.

Very good point.

What has reduced disease is a vast increase of cleanliness, with better diets overall.

NOT vaccines.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
**** People ought to note that in 3rd world countries that live in absolute poverty, the only thing they have to worry about is malaria and such diseases that spawn from living in their own sewage and fecies THATS IT, you never see them with such problems as the "flu" or "alzeimers" or "cancer" or any of those other "man-made" North American Diseases. this is a scam, run by Big Pharma to dumb down the public.

The Peoples Republic have to have the ability of Critical thinking, they cannot any more "blindly" believe in their authority figures for truth because they wont get it, the politicians besides such people as Ron Paul and Dennic Kucinish are too Chicken Sh**, to tell everyone about the Chemtrails being sprayed on people and the poison murcury in the vaccines.

As for as I'm concerned, those that are too busy giving their kids vaccines and poiseneing them with it without providing themselves with enough info about the vaccines to make an informed decision deserve their fate, what ever it maybe.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I'd never vaccinate again and i blame my son's Autism on vaccination. He was a normal healthy developing baby before he was vaccinated

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
You should see this video about vaccines at youtube it is very important then you can make some conclusions:

es.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
@Unit541
immune system deficiencies. Ever wonder why doctors/pharmacists and tother health workers don't get all the nasty diseases as often as they should? Thats because their immune system is working properly, they develop immunity to diseases (natural vaccination). A doctor who sees 10 patients a day with TB will not get sick unless his immune system becomes weaker (stress, improper diet, etc) giving a chance for the virus/bacteria to attack.
Read how important this is:
www.news.com.au...

besides, find me a population thats 100% vaccinated.

@RogerT
Yes its impossible to vaccinate every single person on the planet, but what are the chances of the virus attacking an unvaccinated individual who has an immune system deficiency? what are the chances of the disease trasferring to a new individual before the sick individual defeats (or be defeated) the virus/bacteria? what are the chances of the next vaccinated individual to have an immune system defeceincy?
Think of where diseases originate

your second argument backs up the answer to Unit541's Q as well.

@pexx421
the same answer to RogerT applies here. Virus has a very low chance of resurfacing when people are invulnerable to it.

@Amaterasu
cleanliness does its part, look at what happens after a major disaster in an area. However viruses/bacteria are literally everywhere, from the hottest places on earth to the coldest. Remember, microbes go for the weak, clean or dirty.

Your body is being constantly 'vaccinated' through interaction with others, it develops immunity to airborn microbes from other people. You won't appreciate the importance of the concept untill you look at people with HIV virus, how do people with AIDS die? from the HIV virus?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join