It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Measles is back, and it's because your kids aren't vaccinated

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Measles is back, and it's because your kids aren't vaccinated

www.sciam.com

Measles...is making a comeback in the U.S., thanks to parents fears over vaccines. Fifteen children under 20, including four babies, have been hospitalized and 131 sickened by the red splotches since the beginning of this year....

The CDC had announced in 2000 that the disease was eliminated in the U.S. thanks to a vaccine that can completely control it. But fears of autism have led some parents to forego this treatment and at least 63 of the sickened children were unvaccinated.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cdc.gov
www.nytimes.com
www.iom.edu
www.worldnetdaily.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
SCI/TECH: WHO: World Polio Cases Rise Dramatically
Couple in hiding with 2-day-old son to avoid vaccination
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Nationwide Revolt Against Dangerous Vaccines Accelerates
California Data Do Not Support a Link Between Thimerosal in Vaccines and Autism

[edit on 2008/8/24 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Much has been said in the last few years regarding the link between autism and vaccinations. Many have drawn a correlation between vaccinations and autism, reasoning that before there were vaccinations, there were few cases of autism, when in fact, causal links have been difficult to find.

The return of measles could be a bad sign considering the number of devastating diseases that are currently controlled by vaccinations that could make a resurgence if the number of unvaccinated children increases.

Prior to the advent of the measles vaccine, the disease killed or maimed thousands of children each year.

www.sciam.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
This is a scare tactic used atleast once a year over here. The rumour is spread that there's an outbreak of measles and if your kids aren't vaccinated then they are in danger. Over the last 9 or so years this has been happening i've never met anyone who knows anybody who's kids or kids friends have got measles. None of my kids have got the MMR vaccine after seeing a cousin suddenly becoming autistic after getting these shots. I might consider getting the vaccinations done at a later date because, apparently, after you turn 5years old, if you haven't shown signs of autism then you'll never be autistic.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mzrti

You should read the article for the facts.

The fact that you know no one who has measles means nothing.

You're not an epidemiologist and you certainly don't know enough people to take note of a national trend, especially in the early stages of a resurgence of a disease that was considered eradicated in the US as early as 2000.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mzrti

I agree.

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 24-8-2008 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
The year they got the flu vaccine wrong and had to destroy the whole lot... a funny thing happened. Very few people got the flu....

Hmmm....

I will never take any shot given to me by the government. They put poison in the stuff they inject into you. Look what they did to all those black men in the south when they gave them all VD just so they could watch how they all died and spread it around.

The best method for protection is to not touch the infected person.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
While I accept the possibility of a vaccine hole in the population causing an outbreak, I think the bigger problem, at least at the current time, is the vaccines themselves being used for population control (=extermination and/or subjugation).

This thread seems to be another example of problem-reaction-solution, trying to get the herd to be vaccinated and thus weakened.

Note that this is distinct from the issue of the actual validity of the measles vaccine. Some vaccines are good, some vaccines are bad, some vaccines are good but also bring bad stuff with them, some vaccines are useless and a waste of time and effort. I won't oversimplify the vaccination issues, like the OP has.

The fact that he/she is resorting to the argument of authority applied ad hominem to a poster who dared disagree with him/her makes me further question the intention of this thread.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

With this day and age, that's a tall order. You know how easy the flu spreads? What are you going to do, quarentine everyone that has the disease?

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
The year they got the flu vaccine wrong and had to destroy the whole lot... a funny thing happened. Very few people got the flu....

Have you any epidemiological data to support that claim?

Many dangerous diseases are communicable, which means that you don't have to touch anyone to to contract a pathogen. They are airborne.

Disease is often spread by cross-contamination.

In the case of childhood diseases, it is difficult, if not impossible, to isolate children from contagious disease because of the very nature of children, especially considering how many children spend some forty or more hours a day in child care centers.

So far, no one has present one single cogent argument against vaccinations.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
hmmm nothing to do with the 5 million immigrants that have flooded the health service as well as the country..another 650 thousand have landed in mainland uk this year ....

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Is it possible that the streaming hordes of undereducated, grossly impoverished, nutritionally deficit illegal aliens pouring over our borders with their unhygienic practices could be a contributory if not causative factor?

Also, wasn't smallpox "eradicated" off the face of the planet by the WHO (except for those few vials kept in level 4 biohazard containment refrigerators)? And yet it seems to have cropped up again. How did an "eradicated from the face of the earth" disease crop up again? Lack of immunization?

[edit on 24-8-2008 by whitewave]

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Here's a cogent argument against *some* vaccinations: People are dieing and being damaged by them. Here's another one: there are alternative ways of killing diseases actively, rather than blanket protection.

And here's yet another one: the authorities you seem to believe 100% in, have a track record of both being wrong and blatently lieing about a number of health related issues.

If there was a more honest, non elitist agenda driven, health system in place in the western world I could live with vaccinations, but when questioned and investigated it becomes clear there is huge health issues around vaccinations and your scaremongering won't be able to conceal them.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I think the biggest issue with this is illegal immigration and mass legal immigration from countries where health services are not ... well as advanced as they are here in the US.

The Measles and god knows what else are now back thanks to our unsecured borders and open the floodgates and let any and all in immigration policy.

Combine the above with the rising amount of parents who wont get their kids vaccinated and you have a breeding ground for a public health disaster.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Well in the long term, it decreases our species immunity to these diseases. Furthermore, it allows the adaptation of super bugs which could kill even the strongest of people that would have otherwise survived the non-mutated gene.

You know, nature made it pretty far on the "survival of the fittest" rule. Maybe nature made that rule for a reason?

Eventually the equation of life has to balance out, whether you like it or not. In the long run, these vaccines will weaken our species as a whole, maybe even destroy it.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
An article in the AJC stated that, among the documented cases, some were children who had the first dose of MMR but not the second as it wasn't time yet.

IMO, the resurgence has more to do with the porous border and the flood of illegal immigrants coming across it - with God only knows what kind of preventive health care, if any.

BTW, the CDC did issue a statement, that linked Autism and vaccinations for children who have mitochondrial sensitivities - which you have no way of knowing that prior to the vaccination. This stemmed from an Atlanta Neurologist who sued on behalf of his Autistic daughter, proved the case and won a judgement which included the revised CDC statement regarding the link between Autism and vaccines.

And no I don't have links, just google a bit more.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zepherian
...I think the bigger problem, at least at the current time, is the vaccines themselves being used for population control (=extermination and/or subjugation).

This thread seems to be another example of problem-reaction-solution, trying to get the herd to be vaccinated and thus weakened.

The fact that he/she is resorting to the argument of authority applied ad hominem to a poster who dared disagree with him/her makes me further question the intention of this thread.

It is a profound statement to suggest that vaccinations are for population control, given the millions who have died because there was no protections against disease. Even a cursory examination of the material available on the internet would confirm the misery endured by the human race until the advent of vaccinations.

I'm old enough to remember when polio was a serious threat and to have known those who suffered from the disease.

I think that pointing out a poster's lack of evidence or credentials is hardly a ad hominem attack.

I would like to hear as much disagreement as people are willing to provide, but I think that is not unreasonable to expect some data to support one's claims.

Autism is a devastating and heartbreaking disorder, but when people decide for themselves that a given course is the panacea for any condition and that course of action has the potential of resurrecting catastrophic diseases that could literally kill millions, then I think the promulgation of good, solid information is paramount.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by fatdad

You bring a good issue, even when my parent make sure that we all got our vaccines and I did the same to my children more out of scare tactics and been in the military than safety, If I have the chance again I would question certain type of vaccinations in this days.

I believe that the increasing raise of diseases could come as a side effect of the open borders.

Many people that come illegal into the countries no always comes with the best health records in hand.

I think it was another article of increases of infestious diseases due to immigration, like leprosy.

ATS had a thread on that no so long ago.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797

Well in the long term, it decreases our species immunity to these diseases.

We're talking about diseases for which there is no natural immunity, except to contract the ailment and to survive.

Vaccines provide immunity to illnesses that humans have no immunity or the risk of acquiring immunity includes a high likelihood of death.

I think you are confusing the problem of pathogens acquiring immunity to certain treatments, such as antibiotics.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Pasteur himself finally admitted that it was not the germ but the environment (body) that caused disease. We have all sorts of nasty germs living in and on our bodies all the time even with decent hygienic practices and yet most of us do not succumb to illness easily. It's called an immune system.

With a governmental push FOR vaccination and a push AGAINST alternative methods of healing/keeping our immune systems healthy, I tend to be a lot suspicious of the intentions of ALL the vaccination programs.

My husband was in the military and received the anthrax vaccines because it was mandatory. I begged him to refuse them; showing him evidence of how they had been sitting in a warehouse for 40 years (waaay past expiration date), how they were totally ineffective for airborne anthrax attacks, etc. Unless the military expected their enemies in Desert Storm to throw infected sheep at our soldiers, the vaccines would be useless even if they had not been out of date. He got the vaccines anyway (military mandatory) and it ruined his health. With only 3 years to retirement he was told that he could accept a paltry 30% for medical discharge or he could be administratively discharged since he could no longer pass the physical. That's supporting our troops, eh? The worst of it is that it was totally unnnecessary.

As a nurse I was trained to never let another person draw up a medication and then expect me to either give it or accept responsibility for what was in that syringe that I didn't personally draw out of the vial myself. Yet that is exactly what getting vaccines entails. No thanks.

Stock up on immune building supplements people and heirloom seeds. If the government feels strongly about it they can vaccinate themselves with those questionable lots of mercury-laden poison.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I feel sorry for the kids who don't get vaccinated and don't catch the disease. As an adult you have a much higher chance of complications if you catch measles. Personally I'd prefer to get vaccinated than risk getting measles as an adult.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join