It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am voting Nader in 2008

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I am voting for Ralph Nader.

For more than 50 years he has been crusading the rights of American people. He is the only presidential candidate to have signed the 911 Truth petition. He wants to end the war in Iraq and prosecute Bush for war crimes. His website, www.votenader.org, outlines his platform.

It is much better than Obama/McCain's.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Klemperer

I noticed this thread, and I must extend my respect to you for, if nothing else, being willing to do what you feel is right for these United States, regardless of popular opinion. America needs more people able to think for themselves. I don't know if that explains you or not [I don't know you, nor your deepest convictions]; however, regards for being comfortable with stepping outside of the mainstream.

A LOT can happen before election day; remember this.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I have a lot of respect for someone able to get past the 'voting for the lesser of two evils' mentality. Because as far as I am concerned, neither of our choices is the best thing for this country.

To you.

I am writing in Ron Paul myself. I don't need self-esteem knowing my vote went to the 'winner'.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I understand what your saying but a better idea might be to save the gas and stay home.

Not trying to be cute, but let's just say a whole 'lotta folks decide to do the same thing. Do any of use want to hear about Nader handing the election to one person or the other due to the votes he was able to garner?

I like Nader, a lot. I just don't want to hear any BS over the next 4 years from either side if this election is as close as the msm wants us to believe it will be.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Comma8Comma1 LMAO mate.. The MAJORITY of people already do this and it hasn't changed a damn thing..

I will be writing in Ron Paul myself.. Even though i don't like his religious beliefs. He is still in my opinion the best person to be president.

Obama.... McCain.. Bahh

Whats sad is i would have voted for McCain but i think he has shown his true collors these last few years. As for Obama... Well to be honest i don't like him for a few reasons (Gun rights being one of them) But if i was forced to vote for McCain or Obama i would Chose Obama..

It truly has been a choice of the lessor of two evils ever sense i started voting, I can not remember the last time i was happy with ether of the top 2 running.

I will always remember who i voted for the first time i went to vote for President.. (Alfred E Newman)

To me.. Voting is pointless anymore ... What with all the evidence of vote fraud and the Electoral collage etc.. No point in voting if your vote doesn't count.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
www.votenader.org

Civil liberties and due process of law are eroding due to the "war on terrorism" and new technology that allows for easy invasion of privacy. Americans of Arab descent and Muslim-Americans are feeling the brunt of these dragnet, arbitrary practices. Mr. Nader supports the restoration of civil liberties and the repeal of the Patriot Act. He also supports an end to secret detentions, arrests without charges, restricting access to attorneys, the use of secret "evidence," military tribunals for civilians, misuse of non-combatant status, and the shredding of "probable cause" determinations. These policies represent a perilous diminishment of judicial authority in favor of concentrated power in the executive branch. Sloppy law enforcement and dragnet practices are wasteful and reduce the likelihood of apprehending violent criminals. Mr. Nader seeks to expand civil liberties to protect basic human rights in employment regardless of gender, sexual orientation, race or religion.

Sounds good to me, no?

[edit on 25-8-2008 by Klemperer]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I have recently read some of Nader's literary work, namely about his childhood life and how he grew up. As well, looking into all of the work he does as an activist, I agree that he would be a great presidential candidate.
However, that is the problem. The power elite and control freaks dont want someone like Nader in true power. He would actually get up there and do some good for the country.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Klemperer

RON PAUL FTW!!!

new topics

top topics

join