It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legalize all drugs.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:
kim

posted on Jan, 13 2003 @ 06:59 AM
link   
i dont think that legalizing drugs would make anything better. ppl enjoy the feelings that these give them, not the fact that it is 'naughty' or 'cool' although it can sometimes be explained by this.
the real solution would be to increase prison sentences for dealers- but that probably wont happen so guess we just live with it :/

posted on Jan, 13 2003 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Increase prison sentence? other drug dealers would spring up in their place and when the dealer returned from prison the two dealers would fight over their territory.

Plus we spend over 20,000 dollars for every drug offender each year when the money would be better off rehabilitating addicts. If we sent more dealers to jail we would just fill the jails even more than they already are. Sending the dealers to jail is just ignoring the problem.

We need to focuse on the problem and realizing that the problem won't be solved through imprisonment, and ignorance.

We must take away the reason that drug dealers exist: to force illegal drugs upon others, including young children.

XAOS

posted on Jan, 13 2003 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Morphine, Ibuprofen, Codeine, cafeine, nicotine, alcohol. what more do you want?

posted on Jan, 13 2003 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by troylawson
Morphine, Ibuprofen, Codeine, cafeine, nicotine, alcohol. what more do you want?

Sex may be ?

posted on Jan, 13 2003 @ 02:46 PM
link   

This is exactly my point, if these are legal, it is hypocritical to outlaw other drugs.

XAOS

posted on Jan, 13 2003 @ 09:54 PM
link   
No it's not, just sane!

posted on Jan, 14 2003 @ 04:39 AM
link   

No it's not, just sane!

So, allowing young children to be pulled into gangs, addicted to drugs, to kill others is sane?

Allowing drug producers to sell impure drugs cut with toxic chemicals to youths and others when these drugs could by regulated and controlled, that's sane?

Is anything related to the drug prohibition sane?

Everything that the government has tried has ended up ineffective and really did nothing to end the rule of dealers over the inner-cities.

XAOS

kim

posted on Jan, 14 2003 @ 06:41 AM
link   
"Increase prison sentence? other drug dealers would spring up in their place and when the dealer returned from prison the two dealers would fight over their territory.

Plus we spend over 20,000 dollars for every drug offender each year when the money would be better off rehabilitating addicts. If we sent more dealers to jail we would just fill the jails even more than they already are. Sending the dealers to jail is just ignoring the problem.

We need to focuse on the problem and realizing that the problem won't be solved through imprisonment, and ignorance." QUOTE XAOS

ok...drown them- thats solving the problem
tata now

posted on Jan, 14 2003 @ 09:15 AM
link   
rather than drown them we would be starving them, no one would come to them after legalization.

XAOS

posted on Feb, 20 2003 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Removing drug prohibition, is a very logical and sane idea, if you read my arguments toward it.

I'm bringing this argument back because I am trying to discover any faults in my theories. Please give me your feed back on this issue.

XAOS

posted on Feb, 20 2003 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Legalize all drugs! Make more crack babies! Make more druggies to stupid to do anything besides hi, he said hi, hahahahahahaha. Let druggies kill someone for change so they can buy more drugs. Let crackheads kill their brains. Let pot heads kill their lungs three times faster than a smoker, with worse effects than being drunk. So when u get hit by a pot head while driving, hey, it's legal!

posted on Feb, 20 2003 @ 07:19 PM
link   
legalizing would only cause more havoc people would get lazy and not work then not have any money and thus resulting in gang wars and big time theft. Its just like the idea of communism it sounds good in theory but then all goes to the dogs and makes things worse.
Only a smack addict would suggest something so stupid and smack addicts should be shipwrecked on a deserted island where they can grow thier own and wollow in a life of derrangement and insanity, not for me thanks

posted on Feb, 21 2003 @ 04:59 AM
link   
legalising all drugs, which would cut off the supply of money to drug cartels would also cut down on the criminal gangs other activities, as a lot of these are funded by the money from drugs. It would would also cut down on terrorism and violent rebel groups in countries that produce the drugs, as they are the ones who control its production and the money gained is used to buy their weapons etc which keeps these groups going. (i.e columbia).
Also a recent investigation in holland found that the number of people using cannabis and other drugs has fallen since the decrimilisation in the 70's. (dont have a link for this just now, ill try and find one).
Also if the drugs where taxed the money gained could be put back into education and advertising against drugs. Just because they would be legal does not mean we should become permissive of their use. (like anti smoking legislation & advertising.) If they are legal we get rid off the criminal element and we can concentrate on education and programs etc to get people off them.

posted on Feb, 21 2003 @ 05:23 AM
link   
In relation to the above post:

www.trimbos.nl...

This is the offical organisation for monitoring health etc in Holland.

a quote from the site:

"Of all Member States in the European Union, the Netherlands has the lowest number of problem users of hard drugs (often opiates) per thousand inhabitants"

Also the avarage age of herion addicts in holland is 30, and drug related crime continues to fall.

It's interesting to note that spain, portugal, switerland and others, are moving toward this option.

You will see from the site that of course, everthing is not completely perfect in Holland, but no system is perfect where humans are involved. However if you weigh up the pros and cons of the argument there are certainly far more pro's.

posted on Feb, 21 2003 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Ok, so legalise drugs because the Mob makes money off of it. They also make money off of hired hits, so shoulkd murder be legalised? Where do you draw the line? If you legalise drugs, they will find something else. Tiger furs make money, so they could kill tigers and sell the pelts and such. So then should we make it legal to kill tigers so the Mob can't make money off of it?

www.theantidrug.com...
www.freevibe.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by xaos
Removing drug prohibition, is a very logical and sane idea

It is, it really really is.

Why do you think drugs are made illegal, do you think it was an accident?
This is all part of the global scam.

Human brain has 8 neurological circuits.

The majority of domisticated primates only use the first 4.

Cannabis with the rest of good drugs is a neurotransmiter. It activates fifth circuit.
'___', peyot, and psilocibin activate 6th and 7th circuits.

If as much as 1 out of 10 apes used their brains to the fullest, it would mean an end to all illuminati mahinations.

The only "drug" which is dangerous and should be made illegal, is money.

posted on Feb, 23 2003 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I've been thinking about money, and why it exists, and if it really does any good, I'm thinking of posting my ideas soon.

XAOS

posted on Feb, 23 2003 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TylerThe only "drug" which is dangerous and should be made illegal, is money.

Actually, if you know about the truth behind the Federal Reserve & how our Non-Gold-based economy is, the money in the US now *is* technically illegal...At the very least, Unconstitutional with no Amendments that say otherwise (And the "laws" that could make it "legal" were not properly legislated, so it's also illegal).

Check under the section of the Constitution that describes the Powers of Congress & look at the history of the formation & operation of the Federal Reserve...It's really not "Federal" anything & it "Reserves" nothing based from any kind of gold standard. Therefore, the Federal Reserve is guilty of making & distributing *counterfeit money* (By Constitutional definition of "counterfeiting") since the day it was formed!

[Edited on 23-2-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Personal freedom all the way. If someone wants to do something to themselves it is their personal choice.

Government licensed stores could regulate the drug culture far better than the police ever could, and tax revenue would be enormous.

Then there wouldn't be anything to fund illegal organisations.

A drug culture will always persist, it's time we swept it out from under the carpet. Unfortunately, I don't think it will happen in my lifetime.

[Edited on 25-2-2003 by Fantastic_Damage]

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 11:23 AM
link   
This is exactly what I'm saying: it will lower youth drug use, make these drugs safer to use (does anyone have data on how many people died from poorly made drugs last year, XTC, heroin, crack etc), take money away from homocidal drug lords and stimulate the economy. If you just think about it, no matter what your viewpoint is it will be better with no prohibition. Even UP, a father and conservative sees where I am coming from.

Just think.

XAOS

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join