It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just decided, I'm staying, not leaving the US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Hi kiddies! Well in case you haven't noticed the US is going through some pretty tough times economically, and there is the real danger of future martial law. I thought about it some and thought about the possibility of leaving the US. But since I couldn't really leave it was a moot point. Now that I can leave, I have decided to stay pretty much no matter what. Go figure. And how about you all, what do you think?

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by son of PCNow that I can leave, I have decided to stay pretty much no matter what. Go figure. And how about you all, what do you think?

You got to go with what floats your boat.

If you have the opportunity not a bad idea just to be able to try something different. (Just my opinion. Some people are satisfied staying in one spot their whole life.)

I know you meant you wanted to leave, originally, because of your concerns of what is happening in America - put those concerns aside and you may find you like living...or at least visiting another country. (But trust me...cultural shock is a real thing depending on your circumstances.)

Peace

dAlen

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I'm definitely staying. I served for my country for 20 years, and I'd never consider leaving her, no matter what.

I wish those who do consider leaving would leave and not come back.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by CO Vet
I'm definitely staying. I served for my country for 20 years, and I'd never consider leaving her, no matter what.

Things come and go...things change.
One thing that does not change is that we are all united - we are all human.

Hungary, as an example, was once a great nation.
It had 3 seas on its borders.

Later it was taken over by Turks, Austrians, Germans, Russians, (now the E.U. has swallowed it)...did I leave out anyone?

America is a fresh nation...yet not long ago were the American Indians who went on the trail of tears, etc.

Funny how we can be so identified with one part of the world...Im sure the earth herself feels at one and not divided.

- Words are mere pointers going beyond themselves...but we easily get lost in them.

So, if someone leaves America, its not necessarily because they hate america...its a mere geographical move. Which, of course, brings about changes from the different cultures.

The more you travel, the more you can expand the way you see and view things.

No one expects anyone to move or leave anywhere...after all...its America land of the free - to come...and to go.

I am not a nationalist for any country. I see it as a division that is unnecessary - but at the same time, it has its time and purpose for being here.

And I do not look down on anyone who is a nationalist - its their "American" right.

(Freedom of choice that is...well, that is a given right to all.)

More than likely I wont be back.
But its not out of hatred to America. I quite like the U.S.
Again, Geography and culture are at play here. I like diversity...which is why I tend to like large cities stateside, etc. (you have an international crowd.)

Small towns, anywhere, get you small town mentality.
This is not bad...but it can be limited when you want to reach out and grow with the world as a whole.

Again, to each their own.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by CO Vet

I whole heartedly agree. I couldn't imagine running and leaving behind family and friends bc I fear losing my freedoms and/or life. If I run, then they are already lost.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
If I did not have children and grandchildren in the United States I would have no problem spending the twilight years of my life in the mountains of Jamaica or in southern Mexico.

I very much enjoy the laid back way of life south of Florida.

However, I would never leave this country to avoid political unrest. I hope to be useful during tough times we may be facing.

I do wholeheartedly believe it is most beneficial for young people to travel to other countries.

Three days into my first working mission to southern Mexico I promised myself I would never leave the US again. We worked in the jungle not the tourist areas.

I didn't keep my word to myself and have worked in Mexico as well as many other countries since that first culture shock. I consider the lesions I learned to be invaluable. I have no regrets.

new topics

top topics

join