It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumsfeld Caught In the Big Lie...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
If you havn't seen the transcripts.. here's the footage. I just love watching heir Rumsfeld squirm. Here's a link to his recent appearance on Face the Nation. He flat out lies and FINALLY someone in the mainstream called him on it..

www.moveon.org...

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Great link. He didn't know what to say.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Ha! What could he say?! He sounded like porky pig stuttering at the end of the cartoon.

I'm sure that in his arrogance he never imagined anyone would actually step to him and call him on it. It's about damn time somebody did.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
It's great how they just interrupt him. And the "immediate threat" is highlighted in red in that quote. Oh priceless.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Great Link ECK. I was waiting to see the video portion of this www.buzzflash.com... after I read it online. I did post this link on another thread but I'll post this again because there's a connection.

Sec. RUMSFELD: Well, you're the--you and a few other critics are the only people I've heard use the phrase `immediate threat.' I didn't.

Mr. FRIEDMAN: `No terrorist state poses a greater or more immediate threat to the security of our people and the stability of the world and the regime of Saddam Hussein in Iraq.'

Uh, yes you did Mr. Rumsfeld.

[Edited on 17-3-2004 by mrmulder]

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faisca
It's great how they just interrupt him. And the "immediate threat" is highlighted in red in that quote. Oh priceless.

I totally agree!

Thanks for the link, mrmulder.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
someone posted a great quote or has it in their signature with Rumsfeld and his choice of words, something about the unknowns and known unknowns..anyways..it is good to see him sweat.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faisca

The administration has been on tour saying that they never called Iraq an immediate threat. It is highlighted to make sure noone misses it. You do that to key points to make them more noticeable than anything else on the screen/page/whatever it is on. Yes, the guys were pushy, but it's their show. I don't really complain about how bad Rush/Hannity/Savage as far as letting people talk. It's their own show. Let them be dicks if they wanna be.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
OXmanK, I know why they highlighted the words in red. I was merely pointing out the fact that it was funny to see them blatantly throw it in his face that he lied.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
ROFLMFAO!!

Now that's some funny stuff to watch. Just interrupting him. Calling his lies out. It's good to see

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Also, notice how he constantly rubs his hands together thoughout the video. I do that when I'm nervous. You can obviously tell he is too.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Donald Rumsfeld Shaking Hands with Saddam Hussein

the video:

www.gwu.edu...

[Edited on 17-3-2004 by SectorGaza]

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I always loved that picture....

Saddam was fine in Washington's eyes for years when played nice and cooperated.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Wow, interesting pic and video SectorGaza.

On a side note... Your avatar disturbs me...

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
This thread has some more info about lies from the Bush camp. www.abovetopsecret.com...

I can't believe that people still support the Bush administration.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
hahahahaha!!!! I'll apologise in advance for the language here, but that was f**king beautiful!!!!

"err...well...yeah...ermm...but...ahh...we...erm..."

Go home already.

That, along with the "Uknown" speech, and you seriously think these people should be running America?

The lack of defense for this so far speaks volumes.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
This just shows the control over the networks by the democrats.
. And it makes me mad that they jsut bombard him with all these questions that one man with no paper work in front of him could anwser. Hook, line and sinker... and that's it.

edit: (sp)

[Edited on 3-17-2004 by samfashow]

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
This is just the beginning !

It's time for a drink to toast the forthcoming downfall of the Bush regime.

[Edited on 17-3-2004 by Pisky]

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
'This just shows the control over the networks by the democrats.. And it makes me mad that they jsut bombard him with all these questions that one man with no paper work in front of him could anwser. Hook, line and sinker... and that's it. '

I sincerely hope that you are being sarcastic. If your not... KNOCK KNOCK: HE LIED! He called the accusation 'folklore' and then was given a quote HE MADE contradicting himself. Say you want about the media but for god's sake man...

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
If everyone is going to say that he was just caught in a lie you are not thinking for yourselves. Take the whole video in to your view look and see that Rumsfield had no information, hence he was completly unprepared, and that he was studdering becasue of the men doing the interview were completly over the top and unoffical reporters who put question upon question upon Rumsfield.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join