It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Protest Begins - It's Not Pretty - Post Observations Here

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by candyfloss
I find your point so unbelievable that I can only come to the following conclusions;you are very young and niave and therefore are talking from a lack of experience.Your working for the authorities in some form,you have been completely brainwashed by the capitalist sytem.

What a bunch of bull. I actually protested at the end of the Vietnam War and sweat out the last round of the draft. How about you?

We never raised a fist in violence, nor did we believe in violence. There were some who did and they were not liked by us. The message was peace and love, not anarchy and force. It is most disingenuous to protest a war and use violence to make a point. That is how you start a fight, not end it.

The winners are the people who put away their bongs, got an education, got experience and then ran for office to make change. The losers put on masks and silly pink costumes and parade for the cameras to fulfill their imbalanced needs for attention. The second group of winners are those who obey the law and protest peacefully. For them I would lay down my life. For the Anarchists, Maoists and others of their ilk, they will self destruct on their own as they go from carrying protest signs to ones that read "will work for food".

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
sorry dont know how I managed this

[edit on 8/27/2008 by Blaine91555]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Originally posted by candyfloss
I find your point so unbelievable that I can only come to the following conclusions;you are very young and niave and therefore are talking from a lack of experience.Your working for the authorities in some form,you have been completely brainwashed by the capitalist sytem.

What a bunch of bull. I actually protested at the end of the Vietnam War and sweat out the last round of the draft. How about you?

We never raised a fist in violence, nor did we believe in violence. There were some who did and they were not liked by us. The message was peace and love, not anarchy and force. It is most disingenuous to protest a war and use violence to make a point. That is how you start a fight, not end it.

The winners are the people who put away their bongs, got an education, got experience and then ran for office to make change. The losers put on masks and silly pink costumes and parade for the cameras to fulfill their imbalanced needs for attention. The second group of winners are those who obey the law and protest peacefully. For them I would lay down my life. For the Anarchists, Maoists and others of their ilk, they will self destruct on their own as they go from carrying protest signs to ones that read "will work for food".
Just as I thought ,completely brainwashed by the capitalist sytem and completely narrow minded to boot.You need to put away your bigotry,get some proper political re-education and run as far away as you can from putting your faith in a corrupt,violent and muderous sytem that only has two aims -profit and power.At this rate there will be 'no food 'for people to work for but at least you won't be first on the list when the fascists come a knockin'at three in the morning to cart you and your loved ones off to the FEMA camp.Maybe you won't be exterminated,maybe they'll let you live because you are no threat.But can you live with yourself while those around you are being murdered en masse?Vietnam was a childrens birthday party compared to what the future holds for the US.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by candyfloss

You are one of those people that claims that they were protesting the Vietnam war. You said that you were "sweating out the draft"so in reality you were more concerned with not getting drafted, than ending the War in Vietnam. Why don't you guys just say that you were protesting the draft because you didn't want to get drafted instead claiming to be against the war?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Candyfloss, sorry that was meant for someone else.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by hypervigilant

You are one of those people that claims that they were protesting the Vietnam war. You said that you were "sweating out the draft"so in reality you were more concerned with not getting drafted, than ending the War in Vietnam. Why don't you guys just say that you were protesting the draft because you didn't want to get drafted instead claiming to be against the war?

Knock off the personal attack. Nobody in their right mind wanted to be drafted. I registered and would have gone had I been called. I don't know why I'm explaining myself to people who think violence is a good thing. I must be talking to children.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Then you are into violence? You are opposed to peaceful protest? Why is that? You are either pro-violence or you misread my posts?

What is wrong with peace? You are anti-war but you are for violence on our own streets. Somehow that seems like a contradiction.

I knew this would get nutty. Both the police and the protesters have left their brains at home and are running on pure emotion. What can I say when both sides are wrong?

For me, I will remain a pacifist. That does not mean I am a target. I never said self-defense is wrong. In fact that is the only reason for war or violence of any kind.

One thing I know for sure; when people hide their faces with masks or scarves, they know they are doing something wrong. Those with childish minds, do childish things while the adults run the show.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I'm Marty Barbara from New Jersey. I was there and it wasn't a pretty site!

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join