It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Protest Begins - It's Not Pretty - Post Observations Here

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Poor reporter ! I guess he shouldnt get so close. To bad he didnt do his home work, he woudnt have to ask so many questions !!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

All I have to go on is my observations in Dallas. There was no rhyme nor reason for the behavior of the actors, that were in truth, just annoying to every one in general. Placing bumper stickers that insulted the Moral Majority and Jerry Falwell on light post ,the flag burning, but no real agenda was ever brought forth. An attempt to lay down in the street to stop traffic was made, but no one can lay down on Texas asphalt in August, so that fell through. You will see that there will be no justifiable protest being made. It is just a third rate dog and pony show. What kind of issues have been brought forth that aren't just nonsense?

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
These are the same types that showed up at the WTO protests, they wear masks and start fires and really do not seem to have much of an idea of why they are even out there. Just looking to cause trouble, which is strange considering the DNC should realistically be the party they are supporting.

And if Cynthia Mckinnie is showing her face there will definitely be trouble afoot. No wonder they built all of those prisons near Denver.

Cant wait to see how the RNC will be, although I imagine police will be out in full riot gear for that one.

Aint democracy grand?

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

As an ex Card Carrying Hippie, I concur. We were all about peace and love. This is something quite different.

We remained calm and peaceful even when attacked. We would have talked the reporters ear off.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

They wear bananas over their faces to hide their identity. Happens all the time at DC protests. Some anarchist groups (Black Bloc is one that comes to mind) try to gather en masse, all with their faces hidden, and do their thang. The theory is that if enough of them are gathered in a fairly small space with their identities hidden, it's harder to get arrested/get an FBI file/etc. Those that get arrested are obviously caught out, but video and photos taken of the event can't be used to track down those who didn't get physically caught.
Think Anonymous. It works to a certain extent.

As an aside, does anyone else find it ironic that anarchists form, like, anarchist clubs and such? Isn't that kind of anti-anarchist?

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Those in the masks identified themselves as Anarchists and Maoists. I find it reminiscent of how the KKK hides their faces.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Interesting. I had read somewhere before, on a different site, that the DNC was going to be "provocateured". I also searched, and found a thread on ATS with a post referring to it, as well.

(reply posted on 27-4-2008 @ 06:09 AM by Nightflyer28)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Obviously the intention of a provocateur is to stir up trouble in order to achieve the desired effect; if this is the case with the DNC, then just as a guess, the desired effect would most likely be to discredit those opposing the war, those opposing the Republican platform, and those opposing the Demorepublicrats (the amazing "opposition" party that is just like their opponents). "What a bunch of clowns," they'll say. Discredit the believer, discredit the belief.

So...if these protesters are indeed provocateurs (or if most of the protesters are genuine, but Fox just happened, in their typical pro-propagandist way, to film the true provocateurs for a convenient slanted photo-op)--then, judging from the comments I've seen so far on this thread, it looks like...Mission Accomplished.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Interesting. I had read somewhere before, on a different site, that the DNC was going to be "provocateured". I also searched, and found a thread on ATS with a post referring to it, as well.

(reply posted on 27-4-2008 @ 06:09 AM by Nightflyer28)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Obviously the intention of a provocateur is to stir up trouble in order to achieve the desired effect; if this is the case with the DNC, then just as a guess, the desired effect would most likely be to discredit those opposing the war, those opposing the Republican platform, and those opposing the Demorepublicrats (the amazing "opposition" party that is just like their opponents). "What a bunch of clowns," they'll say. Discredit the believer, discredit the belief.

So...if these protesters are indeed provocateurs (or if most of the protesters are genuine, but Fox just happened, in their typical pro-propagandist way, to film the true provocateurs for a convenient slanted photo-op)--then, judging from the comments I've seen so far on this thread, it looks like...Mission Accomplished.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by anachryon

Hiyah Anachryon,

Ahhh thanks for explaining, I am so naive, I never even considered they were hiding their faces due to the Feds
Well, it looked like a bunch of college kids actually, not very intent on protesting, just making some racket so they could put it on youtube!

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I agree...these are the types that our ultra left wing universities are producing. Communists and anarchists who have taken the ideals of the peaceful hippie movement of the 60's and radicalized it into an excuse to terrorize and riot.

It is sort of ironic considering they are left wing extremists protesting against left wing extremists...lol. Talk about confusion.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by LateApexer313
So what exactly ARE they protesting? I am finding it hard to care, since they obviously don't!

...Liberals protesting liberals...

If you don't know what they're protesting, how do you know they're liberals?

Whoever they are, whatever they're protesting, it's clear to me that they're doing it in Denver to make sure they get on TV so they are seen. I'll wager they'll be at the Republican Convention, too, simply because that's where the national news cameras are.

[edit on 24-8-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

Unfortunately the tactics used by certain, eh, "factions" of extreme protest groups are exactly that - extreme. Taking Black Blocs as an example: they demonstrated their anti-capitalism beliefs at the Seattle WTO protests by damaging chain stores. I believe Starbucks was one of the stores damaged, so think along those terms.
In my opinion, I think there's a healthy number of Bloc'ers who are silly college kids that have no idea why they're protesting or what they're protesting against. They just do it for the thrill, or to feel like they belong. This is likely the type we see on TV. There are plenty, though, who passionately believe in anarchy, anti-capitalism, anti-globalism, and they're willing to break the law to make their point.

I'm not saying that I agree with their beliefs or the way they go about expressing them, but there are plenty who are completely serious about what they're doing!

The above, of course, excludes undercover or planted police/government agents that join in the protests to either make arrest easier or to, *ahem*, "encourage" illegal activity.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

It saddens me actually. The Professors pushing this came from my time. They have sold out. Most of them were what we called professional students who knew if they were in a University and had good grades they would not be drafted for a large part of the draft. Now they embrace this extremist nonsense and our dreams of a pacifist society free of violence has been forgotten.

Of course the protesters then were also full of people who just wanted attention or using it for a reason not to work or go to school. Then came the Yuppies and we own the world we were so worried about. Marriage, children, the need to buy a home and other things changes a person as we mature. I now know that radicalism in any form is wrong and wrong minded.

I find this Fox News hatred as more interesting nonsense. I watch all the major news sources to be informed on all sides of issues. How is only watching sources that agree with you enlightening or anything but dumb?

[edit on 8/24/2008 by Blaine91555]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
You dems really know how to throw a party
I rather hang out in a nice hotel, drink expensive scotch, eat awesome food, and smoke cigars at the GOP convention. The DNC can keep it's "68".

[edit on 24-8-2008 by TXMACHINEGUNDLR]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TXMACHINEGUNDLR

Oh dont worry my friend, I predict that the RNC this year will be an absolute nightmare. There are going to be protests the likes of which nobody has seen since Nixon was running.

If this is how they treat the liberal candidates, just wait until you see what they have in store for the Bush and Rumsfeld crowd. I just hope there are enough cops to keep it from turning really ugly, otherwise you may see Dick Cheney marched off to the gallows or ripped apart like a rag doll.

People are pissed.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Hey, check this out:

This is the live scanner for the Denver Police.

This might be worth listening in on over the next few days.

Live Denver Police

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

If you don't know what they're protesting, how do you know they're liberals?

[edit on 24-8-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

When was the last time you saw a huge conservative protest?

Liberals have a very vocal minority...they will protest...whine... and cry about everything...and you will know about it.

Conservatives are a silient majority...they actually have jobs...but they pick up on stuff like this and vote accordingly.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by seawolf197

Nice find. Thanks for posting it.

Crap, now I'm going to be listening to that all day

[edit on 8/24/2008 by Blaine91555]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Dont yall remember in 2000 when the Republicans were accused of hiring protesters to start trouble on purpose >?
Do you think that is happening again maybe >?

As another poster stated ...all it would take would be a few people to act up and it gets the whole ball rolling downhill ..............

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Entirely possible. We need more than a suspicion though. Who knows?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join