It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Protest Begins - It's Not Pretty - Post Observations Here

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by hypervigilant

I had not considered that. Thanks for the post.

This time is a historical first, in that this is literally people who are protesting their own Party in large part.

I find the Maoist involvement interesting. I've got to read more about them.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I guess the real question is if they will be charged as domestic terrorists.

According to the Patriot Act, the term "domestic terrorism" means activities that:

(A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State;
(B) appear to be intended:
(i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population;
(ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or
(iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and
(C) occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States.

source

If somebody they pushed falls and bumps their head severely it could be considered dangerous to human life. It does appear to be intended.

Maybe that is the reason they built the secret prison.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
recreate 68 is a goddamn CIA front.

anyone with common sense can see this.
purposefully being violent so that any viewer will see ALL protesters as violent..
ridiculously so.. to the point where it actually doesn't make SENSE to be so..
propaganda population manipulation through "leading an example"

co-intel.

slightly effective... but not very well done co-intel.

i guess it's spend as least amount of energy possible on an effort if it's effective in the least.

anyone who gets caught up in being fooled by these characters deserves to be treated like a fool on the board... yapping about their opinion on something that's fake.

-

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
With all the hoopla about the detention facility that was built in Denver for the convention has anyone stopped to think maybe it's a set up and the violent protesters are staged to give an example of why they were right to put the detention facility in? Or do I just have my tin hat on too tight?

Ya know they did do this in Canada( I think it was Canada)not too long ago. Putting police into the crowd to try and stir things up but got busted. And no I'm not looking for a link to it. If you haven't heard of it look it up yourself.

[edit on 24-8-2008 by Simon_Boudreaux]

[edit on 24-8-2008 by Simon_Boudreaux]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Here is some video of the march.

It looks pretty typical to me. Maybe it's just edited to seem that way.

Protest March in Denver

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
They showed a reporter trying to ask questions again. He was surrounded by thugs acting threatening. Way to get people to listen to their cause, eh?

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
At least the protesters are out on the streets. They are taking action.

What are the rest of you doing?

Nothing.

You post on forums like this about how screwed up America has become and do nothing to change it.

At least these protesters are voicing their anger. They are doing something.

Meanwhile, y'all just happy sitting at home with your TV and SUV and PC and AC and PS2.

And your country is going to hell.

I'm glad I am not American.

Every time you denounce someone's right to protest, you only sanction and help the powers that be limit your own freedoms in response.

Guess you must like the cages you're building for yourselves.

You sheeple deserve what's coming to you soon.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by seawolf197

What I'm talking about I've been watching live on TV. A reporter keeps trying to ask them simple questions and instead of using the opportunity, the first time they shouted the "F" word, put up their middle fingers and practically mowed him down. The second time a couple of thugs surrounded him and I think the camera is probably the only thing that saved him from worse.

What good is protest if they won't even talk about what they are protesting to the press? None!

The first incident was a combination of self identified Anarchists and Maoists.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge

recreate 68 is a goddamn CIA front.

anyone with common sense can see this.

Evidence of that? Links to proof or the basis of your theory?

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Nonsensical offensive behavior was about all that was done in 84 in Dallas. I think that these people are shills that have been hired to create a state of false disorder.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
You say FOX is getting pushed around I say good thats what they get for not being honest with the good old USA. I say its about dam time poeple get angree and let them know that were not going to allow them to take our freedom away from us.This NEW WORLD ORDER crapp will not happen if we stand up and fight. Remember the revolution, we might need to do that again when all else fails. That would not be my first choice but I will if I have to. Thats what being AMERICAN is all about. Allways remember that the rights to bare arms was not put in place so you can go hutting, it was created for the people to protect them selfs from there own GOVERMENTS from trying to take away your rights to the constution that was put in places by our fore farthers who wrote it for us. You say its colege kids causeing the problem, I say its the forty & up crowd that needs to wake up and smell the trouble thats brewing around them before its to late.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Sorry, but when cops have the right to push around and intimidate the citizens,
I suggest the reaction may be similar, or even more aggressive.

Welcome to a country who takes care of the elite, while dumping the bill on the rest of us.

Sorry, I'm for the uprising to come.

If there is violence, those who think they are in control only have themselves to blame.

Prepare for Armageddon...

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by studioguy2002
You say FOX is getting pushed around I say good thats what they get for not being honest with the good old USA.

Sorry you feel that way. I'm a genuine pacifist. Violence is always wrong except as self defense. Violent people have no credibility.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Manasseh

A reporter asking what they are protesting about in a friendly tone should be treated badly? Odd?

Interesting how people who claim to want peace truly revel in violence.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by hypervigilant
Nonsensical offensive behavior was about all that was done in 84 in Dallas. I think that these people are shills that have been hired to create a state of false disorder.

I'm interested in that theory. If anyone has good info to follow please post a link? I'm not being sarcastic as it is clearly a possibility.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Being on the offence aganst your gov is self defends.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by studioguy2002
Being on the offence aganst your gov is self defends.

I think the word you're looking for is "self defense".

And when is pushing around a reporter (a guy trying to get your word out to the masses) is being on the offense against the government?

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I just saw the encounter or a clip of it, as I am flipping through the channels.

I am wondering why they have bandanas around their faces? They had no interest in showing their signs or anything, or their faces too funny! So what exactly ARE they protesting? I am finding it hard to care, since they obviously don't!

RRConservative said it all...Liberals protesting liberals...and so many months of fun to watch

I also saw some behind the scenes shots at the Democratic convention, they were practicing their "interfaith" convocation or some such event.

I know I will be glued to it to see how "snarky" the Hillary camp will get!

:::::::::::OH WAIT....breaking news there's a huge line of cops with riot gear on...and they have shut down the block...guess they are really getting out of hand! Wohoooooo! Let the games begin! ::::::::::

[edit on 24-8-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Recreate 68, eh? Pushing, shoving, profanities...doesnt sound like hippies to me! They should call themselves "Recreate Woodstock 1999"

en.wikipedia.org...

More appripoe. That festival was doomed from the start.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
So, yeah, I live in DENVER, I will report the craziness in LoDo all week.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join