It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well this is the last note about tank style weapons..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Just read the following web site and replace Ice - Icy with Axle grease and marbles. tanks are heavy - and cant gain enough traction to defeat the axle grease. friction reduction trap.

wvlightning.com...

[edit on 24-8-2008 by BornPatriot]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Is this about Guerilla Warfare? Because that's just insane. With the effort to apply of the axel grease and marbles, you could have made a 10lb Plastic Explosive from bleach. Remote detonation is incredibly easy, just bust open a cell phone or even a walkie-talkie and use that to trigger...

That's how you get rid of whatever happens to be on a road at the time. Besides, the tank will just sit there until it gets new treads...

Sorry if I come off as harsh, but there's an easier and far more efficient way.

Just google "Anarchist Cookbook"

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sickle_And_Hammer

Just google "Anarchist Cookbook"

Dont take too much from the A.C. A lot of the "recipes" in there are made to blow up (literally) in your face. Hence the title.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
that is rediculous,

so what your just going to come across several hundred pounds of grease and marbles to grease up, what 80 ' of roadway.

The fact that "tanks are heavy", as the op so eloquently put it, is actually a helpful thing.
They are so heavy that the marbles would be crushed and ground into the road surface, and would actually help with traction.
What are you, the coyote, with a big barrel of Acme grease?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
As a tanker, I have to say that of all the things I worry about, running across a road filled with grease and marbles is not one of them. I command the greatest off road vehicle ever created, and you can't put grease and marbles everywhere.

If you want to take out a tank, don't worry about friction. Just take out the track. Ditches, fallen trees, large rocks or modertate explosive charges will do the trick. Just don't try to walk up on it after you knock the track off. That aggravates us tankers.

top topics

join