It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unusual aircraft photographed in Oz

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
In the following article it appears that a delta wing aircraft has been mistaken for a UFO. If you examine the top right photo of the aircraft in the article a distinct black delta wing aircraft outline can be seen. The B2 has occasionally visited that part of Northern Australia, however I'm not sure what type of aircraft is in the photo. There's an airbase used by B52's and the Aussie airforce relatively close to the location where the photo was taken.

Link to article:

www.ntnews.com.au...

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I don't see anything 'unusual' in this photo....

It looks like a radial engined trainer (perhaps a T-6 Texan/Harvard or a Nanchang CJ-6 - both of which there are quite a few in Australia) part way through a barrel roll to me.

The NT News is rather famous for it's lurid crocodile stories when there is a lack of real news.... looks like it was a slow news day!

The Winged Wombat

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
It is obviously not a UFO.

Looks like a conventional craft to me. The angle looks like an A-7...but I'm not looking too closely. T-6 is a possibility too. But definately not unknown.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Shugo

Thanks for shedding some light on this subject guys. To my eye it looks like the front end of a triangular shaped craft banking left, with a tapered back main body . I thought it may be something a little more exiting than the aircraft you've both outlined. Oh well.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   

top topics

join