It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doesn't make sense!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Hi Everyone,

I have always believed in Aliens & UFO's and now I'm absolutely positive they exist due to a number of things that have happened to me over the course of this year.

I would like to ask you all a simple question;

If the Alien's (presumably thats whats inside UFO'S) have the technology to build a ship that is capable of travelling across the universe, many many light years away from us and reach our planet then why can we see them?

I mean, if they have such great technology wouldn't they be invisble? I read recently that scientists have predicted we could have an invisibility cloak similiar to that shown in the Harry Potter films in a couple of years so why aren't the UFO's cloaked?

The fact that they are not invisble leads to two conclusions:

1.) They do not have the technology to create invisibility, (higher unlikely as I doubt they would have the technology to reach us in the first place if this was the case)

OR

2.) They want us to see them.

If they wanted us to see them however, would they not just simply land for all to see? This is the one part about UFO's that I really do not understand.

Have anybody got any ideas???

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

They may have cloaking devices, but may not use them all the time to conserve energy. If the ship is a cruise or tourist ship, they may not have a cloaking device at all.
One of the ideas I rarely hear is that many of the visitors could be tourists or vacationers.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   

If you have an open mind, then think of the possibility that they;

1) don't have such a thing as "seeing" but other way's to experience us.
2) can't be invisible to human eyes. I mean they probably don't have the same way of seeing, so how are the going to test that?

When speaking of Aliens, try to forget everything you know as a human, probably a lot of things can't be understans/experienced by creatures of other planets.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
the cloack deals with light and he rays' colors

Some colors are blocked - then become invisible to the human eye

I for one think that aliens are among us, that every so often they must offer us some type of new advanced technology so that the elite keep them secret

WHY? they've been to other planets, planets that had water and no longer have water, so they are here now...notice the water shortage?

It's not about gold, it's not about 'slavery' or food, or starwarz...it's about survival and water, the most precious value

[edit on 24-8-2008 by Stagesamurai]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

Good answer, I never thought of it in that way - that they could be in effect alien visitors. Imagine that, alien space tourists visiting Earth!

Makes perfect sense to turn their cloaking shields off to conserve energy, although I'm not actually energy would be a problem considering the amount of energy they would need to actually get here in the first place, the amount required for the shield must be insignificant in comparison.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by saturnus1962

Another great answer and again something I have never thought of, we look at the topic of aliens and tend to dismiss certain things about them because we're comparing them to ourselves.

For all we know, and probably in all likely hood they do not see in the same way as we do.

I suppose just because they the the technology and intelligence to create a ship to get here doesn't nescesarily mean they are as advanced in other areas.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

When it comes to energy, we can only guess. Stanton Friedman actually brought up the tourist idea. When you think about it, Terra is an amazing planet full of diverse life forms. Who wouldn't want to visit or just go to Aruba and relax?

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Stagesamurai

Would it not be reasonable to assume though, that if they do have technology that advanced then they would have technology to create whatever else it was they needed?

And for all we know they might not actually need water, see I'm learning from saturnus1962 already
Just because we need water, doesnt mean they do ...

But good post again, I'v heard the theory that they are exchanging technology with us before and think its quite interesting actually.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron

Would it not be reasonable to assume though, that if they do have technology that advanced then they would have technology to create whatever else it was they needed?

And for all we know they might not actually need water, see I'm learning from saturnus1962 already
Just because we need water, doesnt mean they do ...

But good post again, I'v heard the theory that they are exchanging technology with us before and think its quite interesting actually.

it further proves my point. They don't need humans for anything. ( maybe food, if they eat flesh) but they NEED to be HERE, where water is and to share this planet with them they offer things like microwaves, velcrow, AI,
now this, light spectrum manipulation, etc...

the point is that water is the MOST valuable commodity of all planets, MANY planets HAD water, there is evidence to support it, but they no longer do...so what happened?

Does humanity travel in circles? We begin as microorganisms after we explode on one planet and slowly evolutionarize on another planet into homosapiens who eventually destroy themselves with too much knowledge again? OR are we just being PUT here to work and keep this planet working so that it has LIFE and water can be sustained? That one would make more sense w/out humans as we are the ONLY species destroying nature on this planet. Aw man I hate humans. Thanks for putting this thought in my head again.

[edit on 24-8-2008 by Stagesamurai]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
They honestly may not care if we see them, or they want us to see them either to study our reactions, or for some other reason. As alien as their techonology is to us, I'm sure so is their reasoning.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Surely the creatures that perform "medical" procedures on humans are aware of the range of radiation we see. They seem to sense light in approximately the same range, too.

It is often said that if the secrecy did not serve some purpose for "them." they would not bother with keeping it. Maybe some don't care whether we see them or not. Maybe some of the strange things we see and call UFOs or aliens are projections of something else, or some kind of manipulation or our perception. Or maybe sometimes they are low on dilithium crystals and need to economize, as someone else speculated.

Our culture is slowly coming to terms with the idea that there are many types of "aliens" operating in our realm, and that they might not just have different places of origin and different objectives, but that they may not in some cases even be aware of others who are here too. If one extrapolates the human experiences over the centuries of encountering strange looking people from far away lands, and noting the differences in modes of travel, language, appearance and behavior to the galactic level, then all sorts of interesting possibilities appear. "Blind" aliens? Why not?

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I know this is off topic, but there is plenty of water available. Desalinization plants can be built to use ocean water.

I do agree, we need to clean up our act and this planet. We actually are doing a lot better than we did in the 1970s.

The visitors may want to see how we combat our own problems before they make contact.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Double_Nought_Spy
Surely the creatures that perform "medical" procedures on humans are aware of the range of radiation we see. They seem to sense light in approximately the same range, too.

It is often said that if the secrecy did not serve some purpose for "them." they would not bother with keeping it. Maybe some don't care whether we see them or not. Maybe some of the strange things we see and call UFOs or aliens are projections of something else, or some kind of manipulation or our perception. Or maybe sometimes they are low on dilithium crystals and need to economize, as someone else speculated.

Our culture is slowly coming to terms with the idea that there are many types of "aliens" operating in our realm, and that they might not just have different places of origin and different objectives, but that they may not in some cases even be aware of others who are here too. If one extrapolates the human experiences over the centuries of encountering strange looking people from far away lands, and noting the differences in modes of travel, language, appearance and behavior to the galactic level, then all sorts of interesting possibilities appear. "Blind" aliens? Why not?

I think if WE humans want to SEE a bit more beyond what is right in front of our visual senses and the electrical impulses that those senses send to the brain, we need to learn to develop the 5 th sense and beyond.
For this the body must be pure, stop eating flesh, eat only organic food, no poisions, no pesticides, no artifical color, hydrogenized, enriched etc...foods - all manipulated by man to pollute our blood so that we can't think clearly

Meditate, keep pure on the inside and develop your chakra connections.
Soon yo'll be able to experience OBE, which is only true way to travel.
You cross time and space.
The great thing about being in touch with THAT self - NO ONE - can tell you what to do. You are in your own realm.

No go do it!

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
The reason for us seeing UFOs (which IMO are extraterrestrial) can either be:

1) They don't give a c**p if we see them or not.
I don't think they would care much about their safety even if people were shooting misiles or bullet rounds at them, since their technology must be hundreds if not thousands of years more advanced than ours.
Well, I don't mean their only concern would be their own safety, that's only one aspect...

2) A full optical light invisibility shield consumes too much energy and using it on this planet (to hide from humans) is not worth it.

I think they are fully aware of human psychology, of what's happening on Earth, about our governments, wars, religions, hatred and all other primitive nonsense. And unless they tell us why they are doing what they are doing, we're not gonna know. We are either too ignorant and again, primitive, as a species to understand, or we don't have enough information to draw objective conclusions.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Death_Kron,
This was a question that I myself struggled with not long ago, but then after some soul searching and looking in the right place for answers, it was obvious.

THEY WANT YOU TO SEE THEM!

Why would another species of people travel billions of miles across the universe to put on a light show and zip away? Because they did not travel billions of miles and they are not another species of people.
Through my life I have learned two things to be the absolute truth that if anyone were to deny they would be doing themselves great harm.

1. God the Father, Jesus Christ His Son and the Holy Spirit are real, personal and at work in our lives wether we believe it or not.

2. UFO's are real.

My mother who has been a minister for over 20 years and my sister had a very close encounter with an amazing UFO 13 years ago that 100% cements in my mind that UFO's do exist.

Search God's word, seek the truth through the only true source of wisdom and knowledge and you will find the answer. The truth shall set you free and truely blow your mind.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Interesting thread.
I have theories, but they are only MY opinion. I think that many of them are cloaked. I also think that some craft are just so "out of this world" our human brains just cannot handle what we are seeing so we don't see anything. At the same time though, I think that some do want themselves to be seen and are doing so for a gradual sort of "disclosure."

new topics

top topics

join