It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Internet About to be Censored ??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Yes, the INTERNET as we know it is coming to an end. They will end it and there is really little we can do about it. They will crash servers, write mega-virus programs or what ever it thats. The reason why is sites like ATS. The powers to be want to keep people dumb about every thing going on around them. The government has created a Frankenstein monster that they have lost control of. And now they have to kill it. 10 years from now there will be no INTERNET. You will only have e-mail that you have to pay e-postage on and only a very limited number so sites like maybe your bank and some on-line bill pay and government sites. Sites like this will be gone. I once heard this crazy story that the government had the means to crash the whole INTERNET any time they wanted to. A sort of "INTERNET SELF-DESTRUCT" button if you will. I laughed at the story when I heard it and now I am not laughing any more.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer
Is the Internet About to be Censored ??

Not if the People Save the Internet.
If people stay informed, the lies of the "Elite Ruling Class" cannot stand up to truth...Duly informed of the threats they impose upon the People, those who are well-informed are the true saviors of liberty.
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty." -- Thomas Jefferson

signed and sent to my local scumbag government worker

thanks for posting this...very important stuff

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
If this was actually put into place, I would stand up against it... I don't care if I was alone. I would stand up against it... doing it alone would be pointless but if someone stands up to it then maybe people will actually have the guts to stand up an follow... They are taking everything away from us.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
We need to keep this thread active, and we need to keep posting comments on the YouTube video to keep the counter watching in the top of the comments. It could get forgotten if people start flaming and we don't keep it up.

FREEDOM NOW.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I think some of the ISP's dropping usenet was a way to set precedent. They didn't really block usenet, but it makes it easier for them to justify censoring and blocking parts of the internet. When someone points out that it's being censored, they can say "what's the big deal? All thse ISP's dropped usenet years ago!" So as far as the some of the big ISP's are concerned, the censorship has already started.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
OK, that was weird, I got halfway through watching that and my computer shutdown and restarted, thats never happened before, lol, spooky.

I can confirm the counter is stuck at 20,108.

Great vid!

S+F!

[edit on 24/8/08 by woogleuk]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Wow, the fact that something this old has been flagged this much must show there are still a lot of uninformed people out there.

The question is not "Is the Internet about to be censored?", it's "How much longer until all the Internet providers in America are censored?", followed by "How long until the web is revamped entirely?". Internet censorship has been going on all the time everywhere - in certain countries, by certain Internet providers, by schools, etc. As the elite do with everything, they're doing it at a slow pace so that we won't notice. If people can't wake up now and see it, when the new Internet rolls in, it's doubtful most people will cake about it then, unless a really huge awakening happens soon.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Like always they will use the Media to make everyone believe terrorists are recruiting new members through the web and planning their terrorist acts. Wouldn't surprise me if they made an "i-false flag" too.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Vehemens

There is a large amount of focus on pedophilia and piracy and their links to the internet, so already the conditioning is being done to prepare people for the removal of the current level of interconnectivity. It's for their good, honest. Government has to save us from ourselves...

Unless we can save ourselves from them first.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I dont know why this is in the conspiracy section there is no conspiracy here this is flat out truth. Look at people like Lieberman who have already tried openly passing laws. People still arent awake though. We have a nation of sheeple who still think this is the land of the free. The internet is our last stitch effort at TRUE freedom and it is being slowly but surely sliced up. It wont be long I give it 5 years and our internet will be fully censored. Its Ok sheeple keep watching American Idol and voting for the 2 party dictatorship.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

woogleuk,
my laptop internet connection went down,
then my IE shut itself down,
all i attempted to do was to add a comment to Alex Jones'
message. it is incredible - then internet and IE came back
to normal, i then could NOT access the video to post my
message...
haven't had such problems before.

ANYONE - did you experience the same?
ARE WE BEING FOLLOWED??? and counted?

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
I've experienced a form of censorship that seems to be expanding more every day - more and more sites are limiting their downloads to people of one country only.

Either they're worried about bandwidth issue during overseas transfers...In which case there would be more than just Olympic videos affected.
Or, more than likely, they want to disguise how much the Olympics was politicized...

Originally posted by dunwichwitch
Midnight... the problem is this:
(whole post: yes, I just didn't want to waste space by quoting it all)

Yes, that is the problem. But instead of waiting for it to happen, start talking to friends & family. Don't even hint at the "conspiracy," but instead point out the flaws that become apparent in MSM when you stop to think about it & question it. Use these points as part of your conversation. Then help direct the people you're talking towards the more independent news sources...The links, the local independent TV & radio stations, etc. Encourage them to educate themselves. They're much more likely to start seeing the conspiracy for themselves & put more faith in their own findings than having to rely on your word alone...And you never even have to hint anything about "conspiracy."

The only real education that's worth anything is self education...We already know that from our browsing here at ATS & own own researches. That's how we've learned, isn't it? Help guide people to their own self education & they'll put more value in what they learn.

At least, according to the top-most news article in the site-blog at the link I posted, people were able to get the FCC to clamp down on ComCast for violating net neutrality...It's just that it's up to people to keep the pressure on the FCC just as much as the Corps do. If you want more web-links, just Google "internet neutrality" to find lots of guides & options to explore.

Originally posted by For(Home)Country
There'd be no one to support the elite if we were all rounded up, and in the same way, the internet that is making so much money for large fortune 500 corps would become a lot less profitable if it was rounded up and limited.

It's not so much the loss of profit they're worried about...They've got so many varied sources of profit coming already that they'd suffer nothing more serious than a slight setback. It's the loss of control over who gets access to information. This has been the whole key to control over populations...The War FOR Information is being fought on the internet today, just as it was fought ever since the dawn of human civilization. The elites cannot effectively rule over a well-informed public. This is why the Bill of Rights includes the freedom of speech, press & peaceful assembly...So people can stay well-informed.

The government actually wants the media corps to censor what they publish...For the very reason stated in these two quotes from Thomas Jefferson:
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
"Whenever the people are well-informed, they can be trusted with their own government."

The Founding Forefathers were well versed in the histories of nations & governments...And they knew which governments were bad governments. The Constitution was the blueprint for a government least onerous to the People, but it's been perverted away from its original concept.

Creating the Bill of Rights as being out of reach of government interference was a work of sheer genius...It's just that too many have forgotten (or been led into forgetting) what they really have going for them to preserve our Rights & liberties.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by eventHorizon

I've had similar experiences, yes. But the internet can be fickle like that sometimes, especially around hot topic pages. Don't believe the youtube counter, that particular video is being hammered.

Up untill now I have not noticed a successfull atempt at people trying to censor my internet use or what I have had to say. There is just too many people like me and you for the minute number of people going for power to track, what they are trying to do is hijack the whole web so they can censor what is available, not so much who accesses it. Not untill you need a chip implant to access the web at least...

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Views: 20,345

Full refresh and waited, still no update. Just like the ratings. NO CHANGE.

'YOU' WILL NOT WIN THE WAR, THE PEOPLE WILL WIN, FOR IT IS THE PEOPLE WHICH MAKE YOU POWERFUL.

Damn this corruption and censorship in the world is pissing me off. I only wish I was in USA where I could protest and contribute to groups in the area, New Zealand ain't exactly a hotbed of protesting about this sort of stuff.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I have a question for everyone. What if one day the internet is shut down. I don't know if they can do that, but if they do. What would you do? How would you know what's really happening in this world? The only thing that would keep you informed is the news.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by danielsil18

HAM radio is all I can think of for now.. maybe the people could revolt and get the geeks into the data centres for each country and slowly work our way up from there? PeopleNet.. wouldn't that be a wonderfully big 'FU' to the powers that be...

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   

"news"? you mean well-prepated well-dressed lies?
if internet is turned-off, we as a nation of freedom
are doomed...

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Star and Flag!

This affects the WWW, so how can the U.S legistlate on what the world can see and use in their own countries? How do they do this? I live in Australia, and I imagine, the same censorship will happen here as well?

Just really interested how they can acheive such censorship all over the world?

Would that not be against your own constitution?

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by GhostR1der

HAM radio is all I can think of for now.. maybe the people could revolt and get the geeks into the data centres for each country and slowly work our way up from there? PeopleNet.. wouldn't that be a wonderfully big 'FU' to the powers that be...

Is a HAM radio like the same as a CB radio?

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DarksDeception

if i'm not mistaked, HAARP would be able to supress
radio waves, so if and when that day comes, forget
about independent radio (or radio at all), cable would
be all you get...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join